More milking FFVII merchandise

Kittie

General Eccentric
AKA
The Iron Witch
They'll be coming overseas, don't buy them on ebay.

Thanks for the advice! I've considered that, too, because it always makes me a tad bit nervous whenever I order from overseas. :scared: My current game plan is to order Rufus through Amazon. I've always had excellent customer service when purchasing anything SE-related from there. So, if that means that I have to wait a little longer, then I'm okay with it. I'm just excited that SE is revamping their FFVII line. :)

Last edited:

OneWingedDemon

NOT AMUSED
I know for sure a store here in Toronto is getting them, and I can't imagine they're the only ones.

EDIT: Holy shit, 50 bux??!! They're like $16 originally :O

Unlucky

WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN
SE recently held a Tetsuya Nomura Coaster Campaign (one fan will be randomly selected and given paper coasters with Nomura's Cloud sketches).

And this is old news but the Artnia Cafe Menu really looks interesting. I wanna try the Shinra pancakes and the Materia cocktails!

cafe_cooktail_materia_blue.jpg

cafe_cooktail_materia_red.jpg

cafe_pancake_caramel.jpg

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Octo, Octorawk, Clarky Cat, Kissmammal2000
SE recently held a Tetsuya Nomura Coaster Campaign (one fan will be randomly selected and given paper coasters with Nomura's Cloud sketches).

And this is old news but the Artnia Cafe Menu really looks interesting. I wanna try the Shinra pancakes and the Materia cocktails!

cafe_cooktail_materia_blue.jpg

cafe_cooktail_materia_red.jpg

cafe_pancake_caramel.jpg

We should do a FFVII inspired cook off. Those materia cocktails look like they'd be easy to replicate. I've always wanted to try the Korean BBQ plate :monster:

Unlucky

WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN
We should do a FFVII inspired cook off. Those materia cocktails look like they'd be easy to replicate. I've always wanted to try the Korean BBQ plate :monster:

If folks are up for it this could be like, a monthly community event? Count me in :monster:

I so want to try those materia cocktails. They look like something Tifa would serve in the old 7th Heaven. And the pancakes, I imagine they serve those in the HQ Cafe :monster:

OneWingedDemon

NOT AMUSED
I remember Tifa being a pretty good cook & everyone praising her. SE could release Tifa's cookbook, it's not like the Rufus cup has more integrity.

Unlucky

WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN
I remember Tifa being a pretty good cook & everyone praising her. SE could release Tifa's cookbook, it's not like the Rufus cup has more integrity.

Now this is something I'd let SE clean out my wallet for. Along with a life-sized Cloud-in-drag pillow.

Now this is something I'd let SE clean out my wallet for. Along with a life-sized Cloud-in-drag pillow.

Who wouldn't? But this is yet another example of SE not producing merchandising that anyone would want to own for its own sake.

I mean, a Tifa cook-book could draw recipes from the whole FF series, and be a really interesting combination of world-lore (local cuisines; the natural history of monsters used as food sources), recipes impossible to cook in our world (eg jugged jumping), cookable recipes for food items that have appeared in games (we can finally find out what the daily special was at the diner in Wall Market), and just ordinary or fun recipes such as recipes for the stuff they sell in that SE cafe. I don't know if there has ever been a fantasy/cookbook crossover before. It could be something really interesting and imaginative. But instead we get a yellow cup that's been renamed a chocobo cup and isn't even in the shape of a chocobo. I mean that's just so lazy and dull.

Unlucky

WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN
Amen. I've read product ideas in this thread far more worthy of my money than most of the crap from SE.

Heck, if I had the skills and materials I can make my own chocobo-shaped cup, as opposed to that far too simple custom mug (I still think it's cute though)

Hmm.. Tifa's cookbook.. TLS project anyone? :desu:

Amen. I've read product ideas in this thread far more worthy of my money than most of the crap from SE.

Heck, if I had the skills and materials I can make my own chocobo-shaped cup, as opposed to that far too simple custom mug (I still think it's cute though)

Hmm.. Tifa's cookbook.. TLS project anyone? :desu:
Add a chapter written by Cloud.

"Then you take that yellow, round fruit with the sticky texture and mix it in a bowl with that dark green (but not quite as green as those Gysahl Greens from Gongaga) vegetable that might actually be a fruit..."

Annotations made by Tifa afterwards to clarify just what the ingredients are because Cloud knew none of the names.

Gym Leader Devil

True Master of the Dark-type (suck it Piers)
AKA
So many names
I'm not much one for taking part in fan-projects, but I might almost be moved to help with a FFVII cookbook.

The idea probably works best by not limiting itself to being "Tifa's" cook book, but rather an assortment of recipes (mostly drinks) by the FFVII cast. Made to give the 7th Heaven bar a more unique personality.

Tifa Lockhart:
"Melon Rush" - Fuzzy drink made from melons. Funny because of Tifa's big...melons. Also a small reference to her limit break "Beat Rush".

Vincent Valentine:
"Nightmare Wine" - A wine so delicious and refined that people drink it despite the awful nightmares the drinker will have the following night.

Yuffie Kisaragi:
"Sugary Rice Balls" - A popular treat for the children. When Yuffie inspects the bar she is always disappointed at the (to her) "low" amount of sugar in the rice balls.

Cid Highwind:
"Soaring Tea" - Served extra hot to make the mint fumes spread throughout the bar and add an atmosphere of lightness, making one feel as though one could fly.

Barret Wallace:
"Corel Wine Deluxe" - A refined version of one of the earliest wines that the bar ever served (read Episode:Tifa). Brought to the bar after Barret, post-OG, reconnected with his past village mates who now have the resources to remake their best wines.

Cloud Strife:
"Fruit Salad" - Cloud threw together a number of random fruits and vegetables and accidentally made something completely new. He could not recreate it himself so Tifa had to reverse-engineer the salad. Name is simple because, well, Cloud.

Marlene Wallace:
"Flowery Delight" - A sweet tea that even the youngest kids, who normally hate tea, like to drink. Name sounds a bit too much like a perfume.

Top Bottom