More milking FFVII merchandise

Morello

Pro Adventurer
The Rufus towel! Sometimes the power of my obsession scares me: I know it's crap, but I kind of want it...

Still, you can always make your own merchandise. When I took the kids to a ceramics painting place over the holidays I made a Reno's tattoo inspired egg cup because that's how much this game has infected my brain:
renoeggcup.jpg

renorudeegg-1.jpg

Last edited:

Kermitu Kleric Katie

KULT OF KERMITU
I always thought it was a pair of earrings, and you just didn't see the right one because it's covered by her hair. And I thought Tifa's hair covered her right ear in AC as well, did it not?

Unlucky

WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN
She definitely wears a pair in the OG, but only one in AC. Hope the links work:

FFVII_Tifa_FMV.jpg

Tifa-tifa-lockheart-1068375_1024_768.jpg

Nothing dangling from her earlobe here, if there was an earring it should be visible even with the hair

tumblr_m8dfesIEL01r2j6c3o1_1280.png
Advent-Children-Screencaps-final-fantasy-4718394-608-336.jpg

This seems to be a recurring motif after the OG. In CC I'm sure both Cloud and Zack were wearing a single stud earring on their right ear.

Last edited:

ForceStealer

Double Growth
This seems to be a recurring motif after the OG. In CC I'm sure both Cloud and Zack were wearing a single stud earring on their right ear.

Right ear? I know in both Advent Children and Crisis Core Cloud has an earring on his left ear and I think only his left ear. You don't see his right ear as often due to the orientation of his spikes.
At least in the West, a man wearing only one earring - especially on just the left ear - is pretty normal. (Though that seems to be less common these days?) It is a little stranger that Tifa's only wearing one.

Last edited:

Cloud_S

Pro Adventurer
8006104950_fc609b3899.jpg

Because a Rufus towel and cup just wasn't enough.

I don't get it...

SE makes a Rufus figure before they actually make the whole team of AVALANCHE. I wouldn't mind seeing Barrett or Cid as figures...

Source: http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8456/8006104950_fc609b3899.jpg
Source via: http://ff-reunion.net/

Will it come with non-bandaged head? I hope!

It really is too bad that we don't have a full AVALANCHE team though... but yeah, I recall in some interview, at some point.. somewhere, that neither Barret or Cid were deemed popular enough to warrant production of figures.

Vendel

Banned
It really is too bad that we don't have a full AVALANCHE team though... but yeah, I recall in some interview, at some point.. somewhere, that neither Barret or Cid were deemed popular enough to warrant production of figures.

Too manly for the Japanese audience?

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Yeah I was just about to say, they're probably just not bishie enough for the Japanese audience. I bet you they'd sell perfectly fine over here. But then, as we're continually reminded, we don't really matter.

Unlucky

WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN
Right ear? I know in both Advent Children and Crisis Core Cloud has an earring on his left ear and I think only his left ear. You don't see his right ear as often due to the orientation of his spikes.
At least in the West, a man wearing only one earring - especially on just the left ear - is pretty normal. (Though that seems to be less common these days?) It is a little stranger than Tifa only wearing one.

Oh yeah my bad, it's on the left ear and not the right.

@Rufus figure: I want this really bad. I wish it comes with Dark Nation, but this is AC Rufus so that's not possible.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
I remember seeing that before and thinking it was really cool.

Hm, more FMV discrepancies. Apparently Cloud buried her in two feet of water. :monster:

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
There should be two more of those dioramas, I think. I have a picture of them somewhere, unless I'm misremembering.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
Researching the matter of the cold cast scenes further, there's also a FFVIII dance scene that I knew of, and several more that I didn't -- Paladin Cecil vs. Dark Knight Cecil on Mt. Ordeals (FFIV), Celes in the opera (FFVI) and apparently one with Bartz and Boko (FFV).

This blogger has some crazy rare collectibles: http://squaremusics.wordpress.com/

Kittie

General Eccentric
AKA
The Iron Witch
I once tried bidding on that Cloud and Aerith cold cast statue. Sadly, though, the price ended up being a little too rich for my blood. :monster:

And speaking of the Trading Arts minis, I just saw Sephiroth, Aerith, and Rinoa available for preorder on eBay. They're located in Hong Kong, which suggests that we might see them in Europe and the States within the next few months. That happened with Tifa's figure, so I suspect it will be the same with this third wave of figures. I haven't seen anything yet on Rufus' figure, although his towel is on there.

Anyway, here are a few upclose shots of Aerith:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Square-Final-Fantasy-Trading-Arts-Kai-Mini-Figure-FF-VII-7-Aerith-/350710656918?_trksid=p5197.m1992&_trkparms=aid%3D111000%26algo%3DREC.CURRENT%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D14%26meid%3D5590887100560357454%26pid%3D100015%26prg%3D1006%26rk%3D1%26sd%3D350710656918%26

It appears that she comes with a few quotes like the others, but I'm not for sure about what they say. She's adorable, but the asking price for her is...well...Yeah, I think I'll just wait for Rufus. :)

Top Bottom