Name change drama

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
(which, btw, I very much like the way that Ava and Vivi are sticking around and are both well on their way, imo, to a Best New Member nomination for the '11 TLS Awards)
I didn't even know that there was an RP section.

/runs away
...retracted.

Also I fucking lol'd at the kneejerk reactions at people vowing to leave the forums. You guys crack me up in the wierdest ways sometimes, I swear.
stop poking bear pls

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
Wait. Who vowed to leave forum? Huh?

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
:ego:

(totally didn't write about 10'000 words in the RP section last week)

Of course, some of the other forums I've been on put a limit on the amount of money you earn per post ;)

Alex

alex is dead
AKA
Alex, Ashes, Pennywise, Bill Weasley, Jack's Smirking Revenge, Sterling Archer
I clearly foresaw what was about to happen then because it was spread over four posts!

Exactly as planned.

>:3

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
We talking about Brooke's post? She never said she was leaving, and it wasn't a threat.

She made a comment about how the board was ran and if it were to continued that way, she would leave.

That's not a threat. Move on people.

Last edited:

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
THREAD. DERP.

What is wrong with me.

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
We talking about Brooke's post? She never said she was leaving, and it wasn't a threat.

She made a comment about how the board was ran and if it were to continued that way, she would leave.

That's not a threat. Move on people.
The post said:
If this is the way these forums are going to start being run now, count me the fuck out.
It implies that if the board continues to be run this way, she will leave. I am at a loss to understand how that post could be any more of a threat.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
How is leaving the forum a threat?

Also, count me the fuck out doesn't necessarily mean she's leaving the board forever.

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
Hence why I said implies. I didn't say it implied she was leaving forever either; I simply said it implied she would leave. And if people consider the presence of members to be desirable (which I'm sure most of us do) then a person leaving certainly would be a negative effect, and thus would qualify as a threat.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Hence why I said implies. And if people consider the presence of members to be desirable (which I'm sure most of us do) then a person leaving certainly would be a negative effect, and thus would qualify as a threat.

Any implication isn't overt, and even then an uncertainty.

Also, one member leaving ain't that big a deal, a mass exodus however, is a real pain.

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
Also, being pedantic is only going to escalate this situation further :'
Funny because you're being pedantic about my own obvious hyperbole.

Anyway I'm simply pointing out how Satsu could have interpreted Brooke's post that way. I interpreted it as a threat as well. If people don't think it was intended as a threat, whatever; if it wasn't even intended as one, fair enough. But that's certainly how I read it, and apparently how Satsu read it as well.

Any implication isn't overt, and even then an uncertainty.
I didn't say it was overt. Doesn't change the way some people will read it. And even if she explicitly said she would leave it wouldn't make it certain that she'd actually follow through on her threats.

Also, one member leaving ain't that big a deal
When the member is someone like Brooke I would disagree.

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
Mog: attempt at deescalation failed due to bad blood; sorry, I tried ;.;

btw this was never answered

Can I get a rules verification? Because what I've been reading from these threads on the matter has me a little confused.

When I change my name next, am I allowed to keep my aka as simply Brooke, since that's my constant and what everyone refers to me as? Or do I have to put Brooke and Deadpool since I've had this name for more than a week?

Alex

alex is dead
AKA
Alex, Ashes, Pennywise, Bill Weasley, Jack's Smirking Revenge, Sterling Archer
Screw you guys, I'm leaving.

>: <

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
It's already been answered several times, which is why I didn't bother answering it again, but under the current rules all it needs to be is clear and unambiguous to the average member as to who she is. If "Brooke" would qualify as clear and unambiguous to the average member (which it probably does) then it's ok. That doesn't mean that having more names wouldn't be appreciated by most of the member base though.

Top Bottom