Naruto Anime/Manga (Manga Spoilers Not Tagged) [WSJ]

Alex Strife

Ex-SOLDIER
It would break the emotional climax, to have Asuma calling Chouji "fat", I believe. And I might be wrong, but have they ever used this joke in a serious moment? I know you were joking there, X-Soldier, but still :D

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
There's always next chapter! :awesome:

No, but he could say something, like "don't make me say 'fat' Couji."

X :neo:

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
Ten Ten grabbed the Banana Fan!!! Fucking wicked.

I totally called Asuma calling Chouji (a) Fat(ass), but the poor guy's just too damn nice. Ino stepping in was impressive and unexpected, and seeing Shikamaru cover her using Shadow Mimic was fucking awesome. Their teamwork is essentially perfect, they just need Chouji in with them.

Seeing Chouza dive in to protect his son was really touching. Finally getting into Chouji's head was a really nice step back into character development. Ever since his near death near the end of the original series in persuit of Sasuke, Chouji's been on of the characters that I always really liked. It's nice to see someone who's finally questioning what it's like to grow up. Whereas everyone has grown into their roles, Chouji's one of those people who feels the same, even though he's older, and it's not until looking back on his life that he realizes the significance of who he is now. Seeing that, combined with the message about the King, and the super special relationship between the Ino-Shika-Cho clans, was a very welcome surprise.

Last, but certainly not least, the chapter ends on the biggest "FUCK YEAH!" moment in a while. I've been dying to see Chouji's butterfly form again, and the fact that he's doing it completely of his own power now is fucking epic (and it means that he'll finally have that Awakening Mode in the next Ultimate Ninja Storm Game :P ).

I totally loved this chapter, and I can't wait to see the latest generation of Ino-Shika-Cho operating at full potential next week. I'm thinking that Chouza & Dan's fight will be ramping up soon too. I don't see Kakuzu's fight going to well for him, since he's up against some excellent ninja & one off the Sage's 5 treasures.

Also Asuma & Kurenai's kid is CCCUUUTTTEEEE. :3

Obsidian Fire

Ahk Morn!
AKA
The Engineer
Holy Cow! The Ino-Shika-Cho clans are at least 17 generations old. The Senju and Uchiha clans are probably older still. I knew there was a length of time between the SSP and the time of the Shinobi Villages, but I didn't think it could be that long.

From the sound of it, it looks like they had a reputation of being allies the same way the Uchiha and Senju were known as being rivals. What's also interesting is the Choza says the three clans swore an oath to the Sarutobi clan, not the Sandaime. It sounds like that was done before Konoha was founded.

Ten-Ten, if you getting the Banana Fan finally lets us learn your back story, I'll be happy.

I am still working on the timeline. It's just that I have college to deal with. That and reteaching Madara is frustrating. There's a lot of stuff people say he's done, but no flash-back to actually confirm anything.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
Woah... I didn't really take into account how old 17 clans would be, until you brought it up. Also, the fact that the oath was sworn to the Sarutobi clan makes Team 10 even more awesome.

I'm only hoping that the Hyuuga reveal is somewhere near this level of depth. Neji & Hinata still need an official make-up, and the Main & Branch clan meeting with Hiashi & Hizashi is the perfect opportunity for that relationship to get mended and strengthened.

Any examples of the Madara re-teaching you're running into?

Obsidian Fire

Ahk Morn!
AKA
The Engineer
reteaching = researching. My bad.

The whole issue with Madara is that he's got an agenda and so I could really see him putting in things to mislead people. He's our only source of information on the Uchiha situation and the Sage of the Six Paths and the Juubi. None of the specifics have been confirmed by anyone else.

Given how much attention was given to the whole Huuga situation, I wouldn't be surprised if this is where we get their whole thing.

Anyone remember that rumor Kakashi mentioned all the way back in the Chunin Exam about how the Sharingan was descended from the Byuukgen? Where did the Byuukgen come from anyway?

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
The whole issue with Madara is that he's got an agenda and so I could really see him putting in things to mislead people. He's our only source of information on the Uchiha situation and the Sage of the Six Paths and the Juubi. None of the specifics have been confirmed by anyone else.

Given how much attention was given to the whole Hyuga situation, I wouldn't be surprised if this is where we get their whole thing.

Anyone remember that rumor Kakashi mentioned all the way back in the Chunin Exam about how the Sharingan was descended from the Byakugan? Where did the Byakugan come from anyway?

Well, there's the fact that we KNOW Tobi/Madara lies about some things too, specifically the attack on Konoha.

I do remember the mention by Kakashi. What I assume is that it's been said that the Sage of Six Paths was the origin of all ninjutsu, and he posessed the Rinnegan. His two sons retained a split of his power, his eyes and his body. We know that the son with the eyes, is then technically also the origin of all Doujutsu with his swirl-patterned eyes. While it's clarified that the Sharingan came from there, it's not explicitly stated that they're not an evolution of a form of the Byakugan.

Essentially we know from Madara that:
• "Sage/Rinnegan >> Son/??? >> Uchiha/Sharingan"
However, that doesn't prevent this from being a possibility:
• "Sage/Rinnegan >> Son/??? >> Hyuga/Byakugan >> Uchiha/Sharingan"

Alex Strife

Ex-SOLDIER
Back in the first episodes of Naruto (around 40 of the anime?) it was said that the Sharingan is an evolution of the Byakugan, so yes, that should be the case. Hopefully Kishi has not forgotten that and won't retcon it.

Latest manga was absolutely great, and you absolutelly called the "Fatass" moment, X-Soldier!! I couldn't help but giggle, there. Can't wait to see more of the Hyugas, which are my favourite clan of the whole Naruto universe.

AKA
L, Castiel, Scotty Mc Dickerson
I always assumed when Madara started speaking of the evolution of the Ninja he was helping to discern between the different bloodline abilities also. Throughout the series you see mention to the various Ocular powers then on the opposite side of the coin you have those who are born with bloodline abilities.
To me that always seemed the ying yang approach to the distribution of power in the ninja world.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
Holy shit, man. Chouji is >9000.

Perfect formation from Ino-Shika-Cho, is utterly amazing, and they manage to pull out EVEN MORE stops. Ino can Mind/Body swapp with TWO Zetsu, and control them both. Shikamaru is using his Shadow sewing to manipulate Asuma's Charka Blade, while simultaneously making it a binding attack. And Chouji. Full chakra charged punch in Butterfly form with no pills, WHILE being gigantic. Not only that, but even after executing the attack, he bursts out his Butterfly form to an even LARGER scale. I can't even imagine what he'll do.

Then the story comes forward with the important factor:

Naruto knows something's up.

The fact that he could sense Kyubi's chakra through a chakra isolation chamber gives a good sense of just how capable he is now. I'm thinking that he's close to having the hang of the Biju Rasengan technique, if he's confident enough to leave at this point. I can only assume that at some point, Bee is gonna have to fight Naruto right out, to prove that Naruto isn't tough enough, and that he still needs to stay, (since he said he'd be relying on 8-Tails). Barring that working, he might be trying to find a way out too.

Then, even beyond that, you've got a HELL of a guard to prevent Naruto from leaving. Gen Aburame, two members of the Akimichi Clan, four other miscellaneous shinobi, and Iruka. As much as Iruka means to Naruto, I'm not sure that even his words will be able to convince Naruto that he shouldn't leave. Gen's ability to drain chakra, the two Akimichi members, and Bee will make escape VERY difficult for Naruto on his own...

...unless he can learn how to pull off a reliable Yellow Flash...

Elisa Maza

Whomst
I think the oncoming talk with Iruka will be another full-cycle for Naruto. Iruka was the one who firstly gave Naruto his confidence, by telling him that it didn't matter that he was carrying the Kyuubi, he wasn't the monster that killed his parents; Iruka never blamed him. However, he did conceal the truth from Naruto for a long time in order to protect him. I can see this time Naruto coaxing the truth from Iruka, and showing maturity with his oncoming reaction, proving how far he has come. I'm seriously expecting homage to the first chapter now that I saw Iruka.

I'm glad about Choji and his own development, even though I think his first storyarc, when they were chasing Sasuke was better; when I saw the arrow and read him thinking "I made some great friends", I teared a bit. And I'm super happy with the Shikamaru/Ino teamwork. That back-to-back panel made me smile. ^_^

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato
Wasn't Shino's father called Shibi? Or was that just Shino's much older brother? Is it like a second possible translation of his name or something?

And yeah, wonder what the h Chouji's gonna do next.

Obsidian Fire

Ahk Morn!
AKA
The Engineer
The timeline is finally finished! A few notes below:

I am not including anime only events; I am only going by the manga.

Indents: Un-indented events are exact; they happened in the year they are listed under. Indented events are approximate; I'd say you have at least tthre years of leeway. I've tried to make them all in the correct order though.

Events that have a * at the start are things that Madara has claimed happened and nobody has proved one way or another. This is my solution to the fact that Madara is not the most trustworthy source of information.

Anyway, enjoy! And if you find anything glaringly wrong tell me.

Time of the Sage of the Six Paths

• invents ninjutsu
  • acquires the five treasures
  • *seals the Juubi within himself becoming the first jinchuuriki
  • *divides Juubi into the nine bijuu and seals the Juubi's body into the moon
  • *gives his older son, the Uchiha ancestor, his “eyes” (powerful chakra and spiritual energy)
  • *gives his younger son, the Senju ancestor, his “body” (powerful will and physical energy)
  • *on his deathbed, he chooses his younger son as his succesor
  • *the rivalry between the Senju and Uchiha clan begins
The Waring Clans Era

• *Senju/Uchiha rivalry continues
  • the Yamanaka, Akimichi, and Nara clans swear allegiance to the Sarutobi clan
  • *Uchiha Madara gains the Eternal Mangekyou Sharingan
  • *Senju Hashirama and Uchiha Madara rise to power
  • *tired of constant war, the Senju and Uchiha sign a treaty with the land of fire creating Konoha
  • *other countries soon follow
The Hidden Village Era Begins

• Hashirama becomes Shodai Hokage
  • Madara holds a grudge against Hashirama for being picked to be the Shodai instead of him
  • *fed up with his anti-Konoha feelings, the Uchiha clan throws Madara out of Konoha
  • in revenge against Konoha, Madara fights with Hashirama at the Valley of the End
    • Madara uses the Kyuubi against Hashirama
    • Hashirama's wife, Uzumaki Mito seals the Kyuubi within herself to become it's first Jinchuuriki
    • Madara supposedly dies
  • *Hashirama splits the bijuu between the hidden villages
Kakuzu born (8/15)

Shimura Danzou born (1/6)

Chiyo born (10/15)

Sarutobi Hiruzen born (2/8)
Mitokado Homura born (5/8)
Utatane Koharu born (9/1)
  • Hashirama and Tobirama train Sarutobi's team

• Kakuzu is ordered by the Takigakure to kill Hashirama and fails
Tsunade born (8/2)
Orochimaru born (10/27)
Jiraiya born (11/11)

The First Secret War Begins

• Konoha and Kumo are on opposite sides
  • Kiri and Suna are on opposite sides
  • Hashirama dies and his brother, Senju Tobirama become Nidaime Hokage
  • Tobirama invents Edo Tensei
  • Tobirama forms the Konoha Military Police Force
  • The Nidaime Mizukage and the Nidaime Tsuchikage kill each other
  • Tobirama and the Nidaime Raikage meet to form an alliance. It is interrupted by the Gold and Silver Brothers and Tobirama almost dies
  • Tobirama dies and Hiruzen becomes Sandaime Hokage
The First Secret War Ends

• Kakuzu witnesses the Gold and Silver brother's Kyuubi transformation

• Danzou creates ROOT
Uchiha Fugaku born (8/16)

– Jiraiya, Tsunade and Orochimaru graduate from the Academy

• Hiruzen trains the Sannin
Sasori born (11/8)

• Jiraiya leaves to travel the world and gains the Toad summon

• Hanzo faces of against Mifune for the first time

• *Madara gives Nagato the Rinnegan
The Second Secret War Begins

• Konoha is fighting against Kumo, Iwa, and Ame

• Hatake Sakumo kills Sasori's parents
– Sasori begins making puppets

Hyuuga Hiashi born (1/8)
Hyuuga Hizashi born (1/8)

• The Sannin become (in)famous after they fail to defeat Hanzou
  • Jiraiya trains Nagato, Yahiko and Konan and writes the Legend of the Gutsy Ninja
Uchiha Mikoto born (6/1)
– Sasori graduates from the Academy

Aburame Shibi born (9/7)
– Sasori is promoted to Chunnin

Yamanaka Inoichi born (1/24)
Akimichi Chouza born (4/22)
Nara Shikaku born (7/15)

Inuzuka Tsume born (8/12)

• Nawaki dies
Killer Bee born (?)

• Dan dies
  • Tsunade gains her fear of blood

• Uzukage is destroyed
The Second Secret War Ends

• Namikaze Minato meets Uzumaki Kushina

• Jirayia trains Minato's genin team

• Madara fights Ounoki (Sandaime Tsuchikage)

• *Madara encourages Yahiko to create Akatsuki
Namiashi Raidou born (8/28)

Baki born (7/4)
Yamashiro Aoba born (9/3)

Hoshigaki Kisame born (3/18)
Shiranui Genma born (7/17)

Shizune born (11/18)

Morino Ibiki born (3/20)
Sarutobi Asuma born (10/18)
Yuuhi Kurenai born (6/11)

Might Guy born (1/1)
Nii Yugito born (7/24)
Momochi Zabuza born (8/15)
Hatake Kakashi born (9/15)

• Kakuzu joins Akatsuki
Hagane Kotetsu born (7/21)
Mitarashi Anko born (10/24)
Kamizuki Izumo born (11/25)
– the Nibi is sealed into Yugito

Umino Iruka born (5/26)
Gekkou Hayate born (11/2)

Yamato (Tenzo) born (10/10)
Uzuki Yuugao born (11/3)
– Baki graduates from the Academy

– Kakashi graduates from the Academy

– Kakashi is promoted to Chuunin

Yakushi Kabuto born (2/29)
Hidan born (4/2)
– Kisame graduates from the Academy
– Genma graduates from the Academy
– Shizune graduates from the Academy
– Guy graduates from the Academy
– Hatake Sakumo fails one of his missions and commits suicide

The Third Secret War Begins

• Konoha is fighting against Iwa
  • Namikaze Minato becomes (in)famous
  • Sasori becomes known as Akasuna no Sasori
Inuzuka Hana born (4/13)
– Kurenai graduates from the Academy
– Asuma graduates from the Academy
– Baki is promoted to Chuunin

• Kabuto is found after the Battle of Kikyou Pass and brought to Konoha
Uchiha Itachi born (6/9)
– Ibiki graduates from the Academy
– Zabuza “graduates” from the Academy
– Zabuza massacres the majority of people at his graduation exam bringing an end to Kiri's kill or be killed graduation exam
– Sasori kills the Sandaime Kazekage and leaves Suna

Deidara born (5/5)
– Tenzo graduates from the Academy
– Tenzo is promoted to Chuunin

• Madara takes control of Yagara (the Sanbi jinchuuriki and Yondaime Mizukage)

• Kiri's bloodline limit civil war takes place
Haku born (1/9)
Kimimaro born (6/15)
Temari born (8/23)
Juugo born (10/1)
– Shizune is promoted to Chuunin
– Asuma is promoted to Chuunin
– Guy ispromoted to Chuunin

• Tsunade leaves Konoha with Shizune
Kankurou born (5/15)
Sai born (11/25)
– Anko graduates from the Academy
– Kurenai is promoted to Chuunin

• Orochimaru takes Anko as his apprentice
Houzuki Suigetsu born (2/18)
Tenten born (3/9)
Karin born (6/20)
Hyuuga Neji born (7/3)
Rock Lee born (11/27)
– Kakashi is promoted to Jounin

• Hatake Kakashi gains his sharingan
  • Danzou supports Hanzou in Ame in exchange for becoming the next Hokage
  • Yahiko dies and Nagato becomes Pain
  • Danzou betrays Hanzou

• Pain kills Hanzou
The Third Secret War Ends

Gaara born (1/19)
Aburame Shino born (1/23)
Haruno Sakura born (3/21)
Akimichi Chouji born (5/1)
Inuzuka Kiba born (7/7)
Uchiha Sasuke born (7/23)
Nara Shikamaru born (9/22)
Yakamana Ino born (9/23)
Uzumaki Naruto born (10/10)
Hyuuga Hinata born (12/27)
– Iruka graduates from the Academy
– Ibiki is promoted to Chuunin
– Anko is promoted to Chuunin
– Chiyo seals the Ichibi into Gaara
– Mikoto learns of Kushina's pregnency
– Madara summons the Kyuubi to attack Konoha
– Minato and Kushina die and Naruto becomes the Kyuubi jinchuuriki
– Hiruzen finds out about Orochimaru's experiments and lets him get away
– Jiraiya follows Orochimaru and fails to bring him back to Konoha
– Jiraiya leaves Konoha to track down Orochimaru and Akatsuki

– Hayate graduates from the Academy

• Orochimaru joins Akatski and is partnered with Sasori

• Asuma leaves Konoha and joins the Twelve Guardian Ninja

• Kimimaro and Juugo join Orochimaru
– Itachi graduates from the Academy
– Hayate is promoted to Chuunin

• Kakashi joins ANBU

• Deidara becomes the student of the Sandaime Tuschikage

• Zabuza finds Haku and begins training him
– Kabuto graduates from the Academy
– Kumo tries to steal the Byakugen
– Neji is sealed with the Caged Bird Seal

Udon born (4/3)
Moegi born (7/8)
Sarutobi Konohamaru born (12/30)

Hyuuga Hanabi born (3/27)
– Iruka is promoted to Chuunin
– Itachi is promoted to Chuunin

• Kiri shinobi (including Kisame) are caught by Ibiki
  • Kisame kills his mentor and gains Samehada
  • Kisame finds out about Madara and joins Akatsuki

• Ao notices that someone is controlling Yagara

• Zabuza, Haku and several other Kiri ninja leave Kiri after trying to kill Yagara in a failed coup

• Uchiha Shusui and Ao fight

• Deidara steals the Exploding Clay kinjutsu from Iwa and becomes a missing-nin
– Sai graduates from the Academy
– Itachi becomes an ANBU Captain
–*Madara infiltrates Konoha and is found out by Itachi
– Itachi spies on the Uchiha for the Hokage
– Itachi kills Shisui
– Danzou gains Uchiha Shisui's sharingan and right arm
– Danzou has Hirashim's DNA implanted in Shisui's arm
– *Madara and Danzou meet for unknown reasons
– Uchiha massacre

• Itachi joins Akatsuki and is partnered with Kisame
– Sai is promoted to Chuunin
– Temari graduates from the Academy

• Orochimaru tries to take Itachi's body and fails. He leaves Akatsuki soon afterward

• Itachi recruits Deidara for Akatsuki

• Sasori is partnered with Deidara

• Sasori sends Kabuto to spy on Orochimaru and Kabuto joins Orochimaru

• Kakashi leaves ANBU
– Kankurou graduates from the Academy

• Sai is recruited into ROOT

• Guy becomes Lee's mentor

• Kurenai is promoted to Jounin
– TenTen graduates from the Academy
– Neji graduates from the Academy
– Lee graduates from the Academy

– Naruto manga starts

I'm thinking of writing up some commentary in a couple of posts.

Last edited:

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato
Amazing work, but I do have to question two things.

1. Do we have reason to believe Yagura is just blessed with an eternally youthful body?

Cause he does not look anywhere near as old as Kisame, much less significantly older.

Also, I do think Hidan only ever joined Akatsuki during the timeskip between Part 1 and Part 2, rather then just think they retconned the big guy that was at the Akatsuki meeting at the end of Part 2. We already know he is the newest guy save Tobi so why not?

AKA
L, Castiel, Scotty Mc Dickerson
I thought Yagura was just a child who was incredibly gifted being one of only a handful of Jinchuriki who could control their tailed beasts properly. That in mind I always assumed from what little is said about him that he was a Jinchuriki from birth and when we see the cameo appearances that is just the age he was at the time Kisame began his revolt.
Then again how do you make a half shark man look young other than make him shorter?

Obsidian Fire

Ahk Morn!
AKA
The Engineer
@ShikamaruNara: Thanks for the info about Hidan, I'll fix it.

About Yagara:
There is very little information about Yagara and just about all of it is very murky. What is difficult is that we don't know when Madara started controlling him. If it was very early in childhood, he could easily be a genius and have complete control over the Sanbi simply because Madara was a genius and can completely control the Kyuubi.

I don't think that's what happened because Ao (the Kiri guy with the Byuukagen) said he knew someone was controlling Yagara. Since the byuukagen can see the differences between different people's chakra, that means that he knew what Yagara's chakra was like before he was controlled by Madara.

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato
Not really my point. I mean, following the above timeline, if Madara took control of Yagura two years before Kisame's birth and he was already a shinobi by then, then how old is he in the scene provided. mid-thirties? He looks 14 at best. I know Kishi lazily uses the same model for him every time but I'd say the age of the bloody mist had to have been started by someone else, then Yagura had a short five or so year reign in which Zabuza tried to kill him, Kisame found out about Madara and eventually Ao and the current Mizukage overthrew him.

Obsidian Fire

Ahk Morn!
AKA
The Engineer
Part of the problem is I have no clue as to when any of the the villages were formed or when any of the other kages lost/took power. There are a lot of events that could be in completely different places and still be cannon. The only thing I can know for sure is who knew each other and who was dead before certain events happened. The fact that I can't really trust people's apparent ages doesn't help either.

That said, I'll be changing that because where I have that event makes no sense.

Last edited:

Dana Scully

Special Agent
AKA
YACCBS, Legato Bluesummers, Daenaerys Targaryen, Revy, Kate Beckett, Samantha Carter, Matsumoto Rangiku
Clipboard01.jpg

i dont even

whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Elisa Maza

Whomst
You guys are hopeless. It looks like Lee has been taking lessons by Bon Clay.

Bon_Clay.jpg

And that makes it all kinds of awesome.

OKAMA POWER.
51.gif

No seriously, I loved it. Kishimoto must do more of these spin-offs.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
For the official chapter:

Holy shit, folks.

IT'S ON.

Now all that matters for the time being is that Bee doesn't get captured & sealed, because Madara can't seal 9-Tails before he seals 8-Tails, or the statue'll shatter. It's pretty clear that Bee let him go, which would be a good indication of him thinking that he's ready. Now comes the question of what's Bee gonna be doing?

Also - I'm not 100%, but that didn't quite look like a Yellow flash to escape, but he's damn fast either way. Also, holy HELL Naruto's tough now, breaking through the two Akimichi's, and then escaping Destruction Bugs, a Seal, & Shadow Bind all at once.

I really did like that underneath everything, Iruka still had a message just for Naruto, because he really knows that when it comes down to it, there's really no stopping that kid. I think Iruka will remain on the fan favorites in the WSJ for a LONG time.

Top Bottom