Naruto Anime/Manga (Manga Spoilers Not Tagged) [WSJ]

Obsidian Fire

Ahk Morn!
AKA
The Engineer
^^Seeing as Naruto takes place in a world where the best ninjas are those with the most destructive large area attacks and items like Kusanagi exist, I'd say the term 'sword' is a reference to the fact that their weapons are at least as twice as long as they are wide...

Okay the chapter. The Seven Swordsmen of the Mist are, well, crazy. We've been waiting a long time to see who they were (512 chapters to be exact) and it looks like the wait's been worth it. So, thoughts on them.

Momochi Zabuza: I find it very funny that Kubikiri Bocho is, for all practical purposes, a vampire. Along with that is the fact that it's supposed to be "broken." I've read a lot of fan fiction where it's deemed to be a badly made sword because of this, so it's really funny to see all that turned on it's head.

Suikazan Fuguki: Bee's got this guy's sword, so he can't suck people's chakra up; a nice break for the ninja alliance. I find the fact that this guy might be able to control ice interesting because that would mean that at one time, Mist had several people with bloodline limits in it.

Hozuki Mangetsu: Another Mist-ninja with a Bloodline Limit. This brings up the question of when exactly Mist's Bloodline civil war took place because at one time there were at least two clans with Bloodline Limits in Mist and Mangetsu at least received formal ninja training from Mist. Maybe it has something to do with why the SSM disbanded?

It's interesting to see the strategies that Kakashi's generation comes up with. I'm guessing this is part of why Konoha won the 3rd Ninja War.

On a weirder note: My inner fangirl woke up from hibernation for about five seconds to want to see a fight between the SSM and all the best Swordfigters of the Compilation (ACC Cloud, Junon Cannon Sephiroth, Angeal and Genesis, Lvl. 99 Zack, sane Weiss, and as sword refers to any bladed weapon, ACC Cid).

Wants next chapter badly...

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
^^Seeing as Naruto takes place in a world where the best ninjas are those with the most destructive large area attacks and items like Kusanagi exist, I'd say the term 'sword' is a reference to the fact that their weapons are at least as twice as long as they are wide...

That is an acceptable explanation. I hope that something official clarifies that at some point.

Okay the chapter. The Seven Swordsmen of the Mist are, well, crazy. We've been waiting a long time to see who they were (512 chapters to be exact) and it looks like the wait's been worth it. So, thoughts on them.

Momochi Zabuza: I find it very funny that Kubikiri Bocho is, for all practical purposes, a vampire. Along with that is the fact that it's supposed to be "broken." I've read a lot of fan fiction where it's deemed to be a badly made sword because of this, so it's really funny to see all that turned on it's head.

Suikazan Fuguki: Bee's got this guy's sword, so he can't suck people's chakra up; a nice break for the ninja alliance. I find the fact that this guy might be able to control ice interesting because that would mean that at one time, Mist had several people with bloodline limits in it.

Hozuki Mangetsu: Another Mist-ninja with a Bloodline Limit. This brings up the question of when exactly Mist's Bloodline civil war took place because at one time there were at least two clans with Bloodline Limits in Mist and Mangetsu at least received formal ninja training from Mist. Maybe it has something to do with why the SSM disbanded?

I'd never thought of his sword that way until you mentioned it.

REALLY glad that Samehada is out of action right now. (Hiramekarei is elsewhere, but it's the sword I'm most curious about. :( )

I REALLY hope that they do a more in-depth recap of Mist's history at some point. Between the Bloodline Limits, Civil War, SSM, Yagura (3rd Mizukage) being manipulated by Tobi, Attempted coup de etat, & extreme training methods, they've got a SUPER interesting past that hasn't had a chance to be fully explored. I'm hoping that Kishimoto is going to be using Suigetsu to do this.

It's interesting to see the strategies that Kakashi's generation comes up with. I'm guessing this is part of why Konoha won the 3rd Ninja War.

Totally agreed here.

On a weirder note: My inner fangirl woke up from hibernation for about five seconds to want to see a fight between the SSM and all the best Swordfigters of the Compilation (ACC Cloud, Junon Cannon Sephiroth, Angeal and Genesis, Lvl. 99 Zack, sane Weiss, and as sword refers to any bladed weapon, ACC Cid).

Wants next chapter badly...

ACC Cloud vs. 7 sword Mangetsu. GO.

X :neo:

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
Does anybody want Kabuto to get skullfucked with a kunai yet?

Cause I sure do. So fucking sick of that prick. Whoever punches out his clock will be my hero. The guy sticks his man crush's remains up his ass and turns into his mini-me, and suddenly thinks he's one of the big dogs now cause he can make a bunch of zombies do all the work.

What a pansy. The best he could do was essentially copycat Orochimaru. LOL it's gonna be hilarious when he gets his.

Kujata

X's Brother
I really did like this chapter, I'm super excited to see this fight, as its bound to be chock full of badass. But part of me remains said that so many are so gimmicky. I had expected them to be more like Zabuza, just impressive, frightening ninjas that used swords. But maybe I should have see it coming after Samehada was revealed to be alive, not just a sword made of shark teeth (skin?) which was an interesting idea.

And god yes, Kabuto getting his will be one of the most satisfying moments ever.

Obsidian Fire

Ahk Morn!
AKA
The Engineer
Does anybody want Kabuto to get skullfucked with a kunai yet?
Yep! Of course, that wouldn't really solve anything at this point because Edo Tensai doesn't end with Kabuto's death. And then there's Madara. The guys got a Mangekyou Sharingan and a Rinnegen. I'm more worried about him then I am about Kabuto. But not by much. Also, it looks like Madara and Kabuto are headed towards a fight, so hopefully Kabuto will end up dead soon.
thinks he's one of the big dogs now cause he can make a bunch of zombies do all the work.
It looks like this takes a lot of effort and from what's been said about the jutsu, not just anybody can do it...
The best he could do was essentially copycat Orochimaru.
He also managed to fool Sasori, Orochimaru, Konoha and Sasuke. And Madara thinks of him as someone he can learn something from and who is an actual threat to him. That's a lot more than copycatting.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
Yep! Of course, that wouldn't really solve anything at this point because Edo Tensai doesn't end with Kabuto's death.

I know, but it'd still be cathartic and fitting. Or better yet, he gets killed and reanimated with it.

And then there's Madara. The guys got a Mangekyou Sharingan and a Rinnegen. I'm more worried about him then I am about Kabuto. But not by much. Also, it looks like Madara and Kabuto are headed towards a fight, so hopefully Kabuto will end up dead soon.

Although Madara is one of the cruelist, sadistic and just plain mean assholes in the story, at least he worked hard for his abilities and deserves respect. Kabuto kinda just derped his way into his power by just slinking around as Orochimaru's butt boy, and then when he got killed, took his power and cosplayed as him.

I mean, I always thought Kabuto was more...clever and interesting than that. I didn't think he was just a weak little perverted nerd like that. Hell, he's barely even his self now.

It looks like this takes a lot of effort and from what's been said about the jutsu, not just anybody can do it...He also managed to fool Sasori, Orochimaru, Konoha and Sasuke. And Madara thinks of him as someone he can learn something from and who is an actual threat to him. That's a lot more than copycatting.

Yeah it does take a lot of effort for him to sustain it, but he's able to do it thanks to him absorbing Orochimaru's remains and White Snake chakra. If he were still just regular old Kabuto, he'd still be only Jounin class and unable to even do it.

When I say copycatting, I mean that he literally almost looks exactly like Orochimaru, minus the fact he has glasses, and literally has a trouser snake under his stupid robe.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
I think the main thing about Kabuto that generates all the hatred is that he's usurping all of the power that he has. Essentially his only real claim to fame is his medical abilities that allowed him to perform the types of experimentation that gave him that power. Everything that he knows or has gained, he has by being a spy for two incredibly elite ninja: Sasori and Orochimaru. With his own obsession for documentation, that got him everything he needed to know take a position of power. While he doesn't want to be KNOWN, he DOES want to be in control. After compiling the political leverage that he needed, he just needed power.

After years of working with Orochimaru, on other genetic experimentation / augmentation, and with his own elite medical abilities, he manipulated his own genetics to hold a power that would put him on the playing field. Issue here is that we don't know how permanent this power is. It's not like the Jinchuriki or a Bloodline Limit, where they grew up learning this power, it's something unlike the other powers in Naruto, and for all we know he's only a seconds away from being the second coming of Orochimaru at any given time. It kinda fits his character, because while he doesn't have the power himself, he's manipulating it.

That being said, I think that he fits the snake metaphor better than Orochimaru did, but I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't manage to keep it under control, and Orochimaru rams the sword of Kusanagi down his throat. Kabuto's still gonna be around pulling strings for a while.

That being said, whether or not the SSM are using "swords" or not, it's still fucking awesome to see some brand new, near-Kakashi-level powerful ninjas. While I'm still excited for Hanzou, and the Jinchuriki squad, these guys are something that I would consider the "typical" peak of ability for a ninja. In other words, someone who wouldn't become something on par with the Sannin/Jinchuriki/etc, but reached the peak of their abilities by using pure talent or a Bloodline limit.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
524: Lots going on this chapter.

First of all, it's nice seeing Maki, Kitsuchi, & Kurotsuchi(?) and getting introduced slowly introduced and fleshed out in each segment. I'm hoping that the comradery will join, and that it's not too brief when moving from group to group. It's really interesting to see the other Country's ninja's abilities and personalities.

Kakashi: He's impressive for being able to jump back with Haku, and only get a minor injury. I was expecting that they'd be down and out first, and I like how they used the paper technique and the sealing techniques to take care of them in a more impressive and believable way than the initial encounters (I wasn't expecting him to take Zabuza's sword though, I'd figured that Mangetsu'd have nabbed it). I was wondering when we'd see Kakashi react to Zabuza & Haku being used like puppets, especially since their central theme was that they weren't able to completely shed their emotions no matter who they were, and what they went through. On top of that, Kakashi, who manages to be level and calm, is. fucking. pissed. Shinobi being manipulated like tools is something that man does not cope with very well. That combined with the disrespect for the dead who he felt respect for, and I've got a feeling that we're gonna see some fucking BRUTAL action from the son of the White Fang.

Moreso than the swordsmen present, if I were Kabuto, I'd hope that Kakashi never finds me.

We get a look at Neji, Shino, & Kiba dealing with the white Zetsu army. Chakra draining, as well as their durability makes them a significant pain in the ass, and the fact that they're passing up squads by the THOUSANDS is pretty frightening from a tactical point of view. I'm hoping that we have some interesting things happening with them instead of quick flashes, or at least keeping up with them.

Lastly: Gaara vs. Muu. 5th Kazekage vs. 2nd Tsuchikage.

It's gonna get intense.

Obsidian Fire

Ahk Morn!
AKA
The Engineer
Kakashi: He's impressive for being able to jump back with Haku, and only get a minor injury. I was expecting that they'd be down and out first, and I like how they used the paper technique and the sealing techniques to take care of them in a more impressive and believable way than the initial encounters (I wasn't expecting him to take Zabuza's sword though, I'd figured that Mangetsu'd have nabbed it). I was wondering when we'd see Kakashi react to Zabuza & Haku being used like puppets, especially since their central theme was that they weren't able to completely shed their emotions no matter who they were, and what they went through. On top of that, Kakashi, who manages to be level and calm, is. fucking. pissed. Shinobi being manipulated like tools is something that man does not cope with very well. That combined with the disrespect for the dead who he felt respect for, and I've got a feeling that we're gonna see some fucking BRUTAL action from the son of the White Fang.
It's really neat to see how such a short arc at the very beginning of Naruto has impacted the main characters so much. Zabuza and Haku are dead by ch. 33, yet it's because of them that Naruto wants to protect his "precious people" which is the driving force behind all his actions. Now it turns out they impacted Kakashi too. I really like how Kishimoto can add new material to an incident that happened so long ago without it being awkward.

I have to say, it is ironic that Zabuza and Haku are now nothing more then tools. It explains why Kakashi hates Edo Tensai so much. Also, Kakashi now has Kubikiri Bocho. Seeing as he fought Zabuza with his sharingan, there's a good chance he actually knows how to use it. You have to wonder what good it would do against the "undead" though as they don't have blood.
Moreso than the swordsmen present, if I were Kabuto, I'd hope that Kakashi never finds me.
I've been thinking about this. One shinobi I'm surprised Kabuto hasn't resurrected is the White Fang. In Kakashi Gaiden, it was said he was better then all three of the Sannin put together so you would think he would be an excellent person to bring back. I'm wondering if Kabuto's keeping him in reserve to use against Kakashi as a last resort.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
Also, Kakashi now has Kubikiri Bocho. Seeing as he fought Zabuza with his sharingan, there's a good chance he actually knows how to use it. You have to wonder what good it would do against the "undead" though as they don't have blood.

I hadn't considered the Sharingan in him learning to fight with the Kubikiri Bocho. Awesome point.

I've been thinking about this. One shinobi I'm surprised Kabuto hasn't resurrected is the White Fang. In Kakashi Gaiden, it was said he was better then all three of the Sannin put together so you would think he would be an excellent person to bring back. I'm wondering if Kabuto's keeping him in reserve to use against Kakashi as a last resort.

Yet something else that I hadn't considered. That being said, I think that Kakashi's made peace with his dad in the afterlife, and that White Fang coming back wouldn't criple him emotionally, like it would have before, but just add fuel to the fire.

Alex Strife

Ex-SOLDIER
Or maybe Kabuto can only resurrect people who still haven't found peace?? At least that's what I think, because if he brought someone who was at peace, nobody would be able to stop that person/undead.

Just my 2cts.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
Nartuo 525 - 526

Before getting into this, we need to re-calrify who's where, because there are a lot of things going on here. 525 sets a great picture of what's happening, and it looks like a lot is changing from the events of 526.

(Here's a wiki link for more details)

1 (Mid-Range) Darui
2 (Short Range) Kitsuchi
3 (Short-to-Mid) Kakashi
4 (Long Range) Gaara
5 (Special) Mifune

Shinobi_Army_A.png

In the above diagram, it doesn't specify Division 3. I'm going to assume that they're the only unspecified group with a black object by them on the left. There's another chevron even further left, and I'm momentarily assuming that is Kankuro's surprise attack division. That all being stated, we'll get on to where things will be most likely be focused.

-------------------------------------------------------------
Main Battle

So the past Kages have all assembled against Gaara & Tsuchikage. That's a battle that's going to be small scale if we see it, because Gaara's group will be moving into a retreat and splitting its forces to assist with Darui on the ocean-side front. On top of that, Kitsuchi's division is going to be moving in from behind to take out the White Zetsu's because they've got experience in fighting them.

This means that Darui's division is going to be the main focus for a little bit, because the tactic discussed in 525 specifically deals with eliminating that front first, so we'll have to look at what they risk running into there. Right now, there's Hiyashi & Hizashi squaring off; Asuma & Dan fighting Chouza; and Darui fighting Kinkaku & Ginkaku. Kakuzu is still a really powerful force to be dealt with, but barring any unforseen interference in this battle, the Allies they've got focused in here should be sufficient to be able to turn the tide of battle in their favor.

Enemies: Dan, Asuma, Hizashi, Kakuzu, Kinkaku & Ginkaku
Allies: TenTen, Chouza, Hiyashi, Darui
Incoming Allies: Neji, Hinata, Shino, Kiba, Kitsuchi, Kurotsuchi

Surprise Attack Squad

While it's the end of this chapter, we've got something that will likely cause a HUGE disturbance: a super-elite Squad. Hanzo is an absolute powerhouse, Chiyo is very good at offence and defense, Kimimaro is amazing at close combat, and Chukichi is a sensor. Overall, they're an ideally developed 4 man cell.

I'm not sure that Kankuro will be able to escape without heavy casualties, and possibly even losing Deidara. The most important factor here is that IF they're where I'm asuming they are, this death squad is going to slam right into Division 3.

That means that Mifune's division 5 will HAVE to back up Division 3, because the Kage-squad is preventing Gaara from sending reinforcements, no to mention they're on the retreat. That means that Division 5 will be getting stretched thin making up for Kitsuchi's Division 2 moving to support Darui's Division 1, and that the other block of Zetsu's might start to break through. (Keep in mind, that's not even accounting for the few thousand that already passed under them, or Itachi and the Jinchuriki that have yet to appear). This means big things for the sensor squad and the tactics that they'll be needing to employ

Allies: Sai, Kankuro, Omoi,
Enemies: Hanzo, Chiyo, Kimimaro, Chukichi

Division 3 & the Seven Swordsmen

I'm not sure when things will cut back to this group, but they're got BAD things coming their way. Not only are they substantially outnumbered, there's a good possibility that they've got much, MUCH worse things headed their direction. Hopefully Kakashi can eliminate as many of them as possible before Kankuro is forced to fall back, and likely meet up with them. If that happens, hopefully they can seal Deidara, like they did with Haku & Zabuza.

Allies: Kakashi, Lee, Gai, Sakura, Maki, Nara, Yamanaka
Enemies: Gari, Pakura, Jinin, Mangetsu, Kushimaru, Jinpachi, Ameyuri, Fuguki

Feudal Lord Guard

The tactic of Black Zetsu going off to decapitate the government is something that's incredibly interesting. While we spend most of the time with the Ninja, you forget that they're really just the armed forces for the real national government(s). Without the Feudal Lords, there's a LOT more problems that the Ninja have to deal with, especially if Madara finds a way to replace them with a puppet government, and then the Shinobi Alliance would end up being on the wrong side of the law. There's tons of possibilities for how this could play out.

Allies: Mizukage, Chojuro, Genma, Raido
Enemies: Black Zetsu

...With Black Zetsu gone, that also means that he's no longer watching over Sasuke. I think that means that we'll get some movement going back towards Sasuke and Naruto once some of the bigger large-scale combat gets thrown down, and they start off on their own goals.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
Sage of the Six Paths' 5 Ultimate Treasures

• Rope of Clarity: Bind the target and pulls out their soul. Fought with it wrapped around one arm. Only needs to make contact.
• Seven Star Sword: Cuts the soul free, and curses it. Has a hinge that shows the word they've spoken the most, and closes to hide it.
• Crimson Gourd: Records the soul, and seals the target inside.
• ????:
• Banana Fan: Can create any of the 5 elements.

Current equipment:
Kinkaku has the Rope, Sword, and Fan (and summoned the weapons).
Ginkaku has the Gourd.

The 5 Treasures & The Chapter:

It's stated that Cloud had gathered all 5, but we've only seen 4 of them. Tsunade also mentions that they weilded the weapons, and not just some of them. All of them seem to be interconnected, but the Banana Fan doesn't fit the other three.

As for the end of the chapter, the Crimson Gourd seals the target. Atsui was cursed for saying "Hot" and then sealed inside. Samui was sealed inside, but she hasn't been cursed for saying the word yet. That leads me to believe that the Sword can only hold the curse over someone who's soul was either cut at the same time, (like Atsui & Samui where both words appear at once), or after the current curse has been fulfiled and the blade is blank. It also can't curse anyone else if there's already an active target. The curse doesn't apply to a sealed target though, thus they had to seal Samui in the Gourd before cutting and cursing Darui.

That means three things:

One: The Rope is the primary item of concern here for any one new coming into the fight. Without it, they can't pull out the souls, to Curse & Seal them, thus the Sword and the Gourd are of no concern. While the rope is weilded by wrapping it around your arm, this makes it a little complex when trying to figure out how to take it, especially because just touching it seems to make it take effect, since Kinkaku kicked his disconnected arm into Darui to make it take effect.

Two: the Sword's curse doesn't (just) seal you in the Gourd. Therefore the curse has to serve some other purpose. They talk about it on page 10, but it seems to be a red herring, given the fact that they seal Samui without it. The curse explicitly has to do with words, so that has to play into it somehow. Samui says that they've had a combination Curse & Sealing technique placed on them, that takes their soul hostage. So I'd assume that control over the cursed soul is probably one of the goals.

Three: the Gourd is only a sealing device. So far, it seems that it can only seal someone who's Soul has been recorded, and this appears to mean that the Sword of Seven Stars has to have cut it first, and thereby cursed it. Atsui gets sealed after he fulfils the Curse by speaking the taboo work, and Samui is sealed before speaking the word. That means it looks like the Gourd can seal a recorded soul at any time. If they can seal non-Curse fulfilled users, there needs to be a reason for them not to do it from the get go. I believe that reason is the nature of the curse, which is as of yet not completely revealed. What is known is that it can be used to clear the sword of its current Taboo words. Once the Curse is fulfilled, they may be able to use the soul in some way, and they seal it within the Gourd until they choose to use it.

Knowing this, I have a speculation to make:

In order to use the Rope of Clarity, it requires contact with it, meaning that more than likely you would have to write your own soul into the Crimson Gourd in order to use it. In order to do that, you'd have to separate your soul with the Sword of Seven Stars. The key here is if you did it on your own, you would know your own taboo word.

The sword closes, and Samui doesn't tell Atsui what his taboo word is even though she's right next to him, and knows what it is. I'm assuming is that means that ANYONE who's soul is recorded in the Crimson Gourd, and Cursed that speaks a taboo word as listed on the Sword of Seven Stars will fall victim to the curse. This is reinforced by the fact that Kinkaku & Ginkaku both look at the words on the sword, and then close it, before moving on. They could very likely be cursed as well, and thus can't risk speaking whatever Taboo word currently written on the sword. This is reinforced by the nature of their characters being modeled after Gold (Kin) & Silver (Gin) themes with a fairly obviously word-play catch, like Atsui (Hot) & Samui (Cold).

That means that if Darui obtains the Sword of Seven Stars before Ginkaku sees it, then Kinkaku can't tell him what it is, and Darui already knows the word, so he can put him at a disadvantage. That being said, Ginkaku & Kinkaku apparently both need an extraordinary amount of chakra, granted by Kyubi in order to wield the weapons, which would explain why they Sage of Six Paths was able to use them. The likelyhood of being able to use the weapons against them directly is very small, as is the possibility of overcoming them through sheer force, making the wordplay all the more critical to defeating them.

The one wild card here is the fact that that the Sage of the Six Paths' Fifth Ultimate Treasure has not yet been revealed, and how it plays in to everything could make all the difference.

That all being said, it was a really interesting chapter, and they're doing a good job of fleshing out these new enemies, and not making them feel like they'll be TOO short lived. In a world war, it's nice to start to see well fleshed out enemies that aren't from Konoha. It's slowly giving more character to each contry, and their population as well as the history that's taken place in the world. On that note, I'm hoping we get back to the SSM in a couple chapters, after this conflict is allowed to run its course, as it's dependant on wordplay details, and needs to be run more fluidly than a strict combat-oriented battle. Unless a new conflict is introduced, Kakashi's squad is still the largest point of concern at present, though I'd assume we'd need a brief recap on Kitsuchi & Gaara's forces moving away from them before focusing on them in detail. Also, Darui's Storm Element Techniques are pretty awesome.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
So, my previous speculation was a slight miscalculation, as it appears that SILENCE was the second key to the Crimson Gourd, and Samui's capture was just convenient timing with the comment made by Ginkaku, rather than him actually using it to capture her. (Makes sense that once you're cursed, it'd pull you in if you tried to avoid by not speaking, thus it forces to you take risks).

With some good planning, they managed to take out Ginkaku, rather unsurprisingly. Then Kinkaku goes 5-Tails crazy, which disturbs Naruto, and gives us a quick look at the fact that he's getting close to perfecting his technique. I kinda wish we'd had one additional chapter between the previous and this week's chapter of 5-Tails absolutely smashing the living daylights out of the Shinobi Alliance, though. The explanation of the two of them feeding off of Kyuubi's stomach meat, and likely being relatives of the Sage of the Six Paths was really cool, as well as the idea that someone else had attempted it with the 8-Tails, and just died because of it. It seemed like they should have had some more time to show off how insanely powerful they were.

The fifth treasure was unveiled, as the Amber Purifying Pot. As expected it's the key to Kinkaku's downfall. It makes sense that this would be the best tool to seal a Jinchuriki who had lost control, since the mechanism is rather simple. Using the Ino-Shika-Cho combo to make Kinkaku fall for the trap was especially well executed.

The Seven Star Sword, & Crimson Gourd seem to still be around, but the Rope of Clarity, and the Banana Leaf Fan have likely been lost along with the Sealed Kinkaku, leaving Cloud with three of the five treasures. The Sword & Gourd are essentially useless without the Rope, so it's a bit of a moot point.

It's going to be interesting to see what happens next with Asuma.

On a related note, I can see the Amber Purifying Pot coming to be VERY effective against the Impure World Resurrection victims. With the other treasures out of comission, this is their biggest asset right now. I also very strongly feel that there's an element to using someone's true name involved, meaning that this won't be an effective way to defeat "Tobi/Madara" because I still don't think that he is who he says he is.

Also - feel free to make comments other than "Thanks" so I have someone to actually discuss this with, instead of just making my (bi)weekly Naruto updates. :P

Alex Strife

Ex-SOLDIER
I'll still be thanking you! :awesome:

I am enjoying quite a lot this story-arc, to be honest, because it gives us quite a lot of information about Naruto's world background, which was definitely needed. I loved the Cloud, in general, their characters are interesting.

I have to admit, however, that I wish I got to see more of Hinata (Hinata fanboy) and more of Sasuke, especially. I mean, the guy's gotten a lot of screen-time, so this arc now is quite a compensation for those who generally dislike him, but still, I think it's interesting to see how he's moving onwards...

I thought it was a bit "cheap", to use the impure resurrection, because I thought it'd make the battles dull, as in every one of them ending with them being "at peace", but I guess they'll just use this tactic with "good" characters, such as Asuma, whereas the "evil" ones will be sealed away, etc.

It is something more that makes me suspect we're slowly moving towards the end of Naruto; evil is essentially being wiped away, even the dead evil dudes are being wiped away. I am not expecting it to finish in 2011, for sure, but I certainly get the feeling we are indeed moving towards the end.

Obsidian Fire

Ahk Morn!
AKA
The Engineer
Ookay, I'll post more when I get the time to. I've been thinking of posting a rough timeline of all the past events that are getting mentioned (Kumo trying to seal the Kyuubi before it met up with Madara etc.) I've got a ton to discuss, so um, yeah, I'll be back when I have more time to write.

Obsidian Fire

Ahk Morn!
AKA
The Engineer
Alright, stuff...

To me, the five items Kumo somehow got from the Sage of the Six Paths are interesting because of the role they might have played in sealing the Juubi. Also, where did the Sage of the Six Paths get them? I'm wondering if they're like the Kusanagi sword Orochimaru had and they're based in Japanese mythology somehow.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
I'll still be thanking you! :awesome:

I am enjoying quite a lot this story-arc, to be honest, because it gives us quite a lot of information about Naruto's world background, which was definitely needed. I loved the Cloud, in general, their characters are interesting.

I have to admit, however, that I wish I got to see more of Hinata (Hinata fanboy) and more of Sasuke, especially. I mean, the guy's gotten a lot of screen-time, so this arc now is quite a compensation for those who generally dislike him, but still, I think it's interesting to see how he's moving onwards...

I thought it was a bit "cheap", to use the impure resurrection, because I thought it'd make the battles dull, as in every one of them ending with them being "at peace", but I guess they'll just use this tactic with "good" characters, such as Asuma, whereas the "evil" ones will be sealed away, etc.

It is something more that makes me suspect we're slowly moving towards the end of Naruto; evil is essentially being wiped away, even the dead evil dudes are being wiped away. I am not expecting it to finish in 2011, for sure, but I certainly get the feeling we are indeed moving towards the end.

:) Thanks are still appreciated!

I'm also really liking that slowly the entire history of the world is slowly piecing itself together, all the way from the Sage's myoths-like origin and we're learning about the events outside of Konoha. The world that Naruto takes place in is quite rich and intriguing. I'm liking that they're also introducing Frost and other little countries that don't have Hidden Villages. Stone is interesting, but I'm REALLY intersted in Mist's past moreso than anything. With their history closely tied to Madara, they're likely the last country that's going to be carefully detailed, with Stone / Sand getting their focus in the Kage all-out battle.

I'm still hoping that some focus on Hinata/Neji will be coming up with the reinforcements from Kitsuchi's squad that just hit Darui's group. Sasuke on the other hand is in a holding pattern until Itachi's eyes settle in with him. We just /barely/ saw Black Zetsu, so it shouldn't be TOO far off. It won't be really soon, but It feels like it's on the horizon. I'm assuming that this'll also be when Naruto gets out, and then the big final arc is going to start building up.

I hadn't thought about all of evil being cleansed from the world, but it's a very interesting point, especially with it moving towards what does seem like its final arc. It also brings up the idea that Kabuto may be working the "good guy" angle in trying to help eliminate evil, and further unify the alliance. That being said: Where is Madara/Tobi & what is he doing?

Ookay, I'll post more when I get the time to. I've been thinking of posting a rough timeline of all the past events that are getting mentioned (Kumo trying to seal the Kyuubi before it met up with Madara etc.) I've got a ton to discuss, so um, yeah, I'll be back when I have more time to write.

I'm a HUGE fan of timelines, and I'd totally dig that. I'm more than happy to tl;dr discuss Naruto when you've got time. :D

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
So, Darui has confirmed that the Rope of Clarity is officially gone for good, thereby rendering the Sword of Seven Stars & Crimson Gourd useless. The Banana Fan is possibly still out there though, which I'm thinking may turn the tide of battle at some point in a few chapters. Either way, it's a valuable artifact that can significantly influence the tides of battle.

I was hoping to see a little of Ino-Shika-Cho vs. Kakuzu, but 200x better was seeing Izumo & Kotetsu X-slicing him and pinning down his hands. I love getting to see them, since Kotetse has long been one of my favorite secondary characters. Them teaming up with Darui is an excellent plan to take Kakuzu down for good, and hopefully get to show off a little bit with them.

I'm pretty sure that Ino-Shika-Cho taking down Asuma is going to be another one of those moments that strongly represents the generation of kids that Naruto started out with taking over the roles of the older generation that taught them.

Up and coming things will be seeing the Violet Flames Barrier again, & Dan's Ghost Transformation Technique, (which is OBVIOUSLY going to happen before he gets sealed, and I can't WAIT to see what it does).

And lastly, the wild card of this chapter FUCKING MIFUNE & HANZOU!!!!!!!

So, I'm glad that there's a few things that were put off. One is the Hyuuga: They need to have time to deal with their battle apart from the current conflicts, so as not to get it overshadowed by everything else. The other is Kitsuchi helping the wounded. It's nice to see that the initial tactic is going smoothly. That being said, let's take a loot at where everything stands now. I'll use my previous post format with updates.

1 (Mid-Range) Darui
2 (Short Range) Kitsuchi
3 (Short-to-Mid) Kakashi
4 (Long Range) Gaara
5 (Special) Mifune

Shinobi_Army_B.png

But this is what's happening
Shinobi_Army_C.png

Main Battle

Division A is currently still the focus, but this is close to a victorios battle for the Allied Shinobi Forces. There are still some issues to overcome, and some possible casualties, but overall there's more than enough support to ensure that this ends in victory.

Shino & Kiba are part of Mifune's Squad, meaning that they could be providing support anywhere. Likely at this point, Kiba is closer to Darui's squad, but all parts of 5th Squad are stretched across different location. This brings us to our next point.

Current Battles:
• Darui, Izumo, & Kotetsu vs. Kakuzu
• Chouza vs. Dan
• Ino, Shikimaru, & Chouji vs. Asuma
• Hiashi vs. Hizashi
Other Allies: TenTen & Kitsuchi
Unseen Allies: Neji, Hinata, Kiba*, Kurotsuchi
Defeated Enemies: Kinkaku & Ginkaku

Surprise Attack Squad

As anticipated, Kankuro's squad has been EASILY incapacitated by the super-elite 4 man cell. Also, as expected, Mifune's squard HAD to supply backup, and this is at least in the form of Mifune himself, if not others (I'm anticipating this is where Shino will be making an appearance, and start kicking some serious ass).

Judging by proximity, they're still a ways off from Division 3, which at this point is difficult to tell if it's a blessing or a curse. Division 3 is in fairly deep, and it's swiftly getting it's support to the other divisions thinned out. My worry is that Samurai tend to have exceptionally honorable deaths in the glory of battle, and that trend doesn't bode well for Mifune's fate.

Allies: Mifune
Enemies: Hanzo, Chiyo, Kimimaro, Chukichi.
Incapacitated Allies: Sai, Kankuro, Omoi.
Enemy Captives: Deidara

Division 3 & the Seven Swordsmen

I'm not sure when things will cut back to this group, but they've still got rough times up ahead. The force that Kitsuchi moved away from that's in the middle of the battlefield already had a substantial number of troops. With Gaara not yet retreating, his best option is to stall his position, and retreat as slowly as possible. That MAY stall an outright assault on that section, but not for long, if at all. This brings us to the big picture.

Allies: Kakashi, Lee, Gai, Sakura, Maki, Nara, Yamanaka
Enemies: Gari, Pakura, Jinin, Mangetsu, Kushimaru, Jinpachi, Ameyuri, Fuguki

Overall

At this point, the Belt that 5th Division was forming is getting extremely weak in the center by the other large portion of enemy troops. If it breaks, that means that Divisions 1 & 2 (Darui/Kitsuchi) could be cut off from coming to aid Gaara's Division 4. Not to mention that the already outnumbered Divisions 3 & 5 (Kakashi & Mifune) would be completely cut off from reinforcements. That would give the Darui/Kitsuchi division a rough uphill battle to get in and assist any of their forces.

Gaara/Tsuchikage may be able to hold with Division 4 long enough to receive support, but that's not the main issue anymore. There's not enough of Mifune's Division moved over into this area to provide any support to Kakashi & Crew if that section breaks right now. Not to mention that no one from either Division can really afford to spare anyone they've got to assist each other. They certainly can't combine into one battle, without putting up even bigger risks, because the super-elite 4 man cell would obliterate a Short-to-Mid range group, and the SSM & Kekkei Genkai would just provide a ton more issues for Mifune and whoever else he may have with him.

Keeping this thin belt section held together would be ESPECIALLY if Itachi, Pain, or the Jinchuriki decide to come into play there, which, unfortunately is the only section where we haven't had some major big bads show up yet.

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato
I dunno if needing to chase them literaly halfway across a country (if Shikaku's map was accurate) can be considered EASILY.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
I dunno if needing to chase them literaly halfway across a country (if Shikaku's map was accurate) can be considered EASILY.

Well, I made the map that shows their moved position, so we don't really have an official reference of how far they got. Not to mention, Hanzo managed to take out ALL of them in one attack. Aside from a little aerobic excercise, there was absolutely no challenge put up by Kankuro's Surprise Attack Squad, and no damage sustained by their squad, so I'd consider it pretty easy.

AKA
L, Castiel, Scotty Mc Dickerson
One poison gas Jutsu and the entire team were felled.
Not exactly pushing for style points there.
Is it just me or is the entire assault based on Kabuto's power rather than this massive army of white Zetsu that madara was counting on?
I mean from what they have shown so far the Zetsu's have been eradicated almost instantly without much problem and it's only Kabuto's reanimated corpses that seem to making the slightest bit difference.

Obsidian Fire

Ahk Morn!
AKA
The Engineer
What I find weird is that there are no resurrected Uchiha apart from Itachi. There's that one scene after Sasuke kills Danzo where Madara reveals that he has all the sharingan eyes left from the Uchiha massacre. It would seem that it is possible for him to resurrect all of them.

It makes a lot of sense now why Hanzo was so feared. That is going to be a nasty fight with him. Also, if all the resurrected jincuurcki can turn into their tailed beast forms.... Yeah, bad.

My timeline is coming along. The most frustrating part of it is that there are not concrete dates for any of the events. Still, it's a lot of fun and it's very interesting to see how everyone's birth dates match up.

Obsidian Fire

Ahk Morn!
AKA
The Engineer
I've been recently cleaning out my fan fiction profile and I came upon some really good one-shots I'd saved. Here is my all-time favorite

by drakensis

Hinata stared, worriedly, at Naruto. Thus far the boy hadn't written anything down at all on his question paper, just sat there frowning at Ibiki.

"Naruto-kun," she whispered. It wouldn't matter for her if she got disqualified for showing him her answers. Someone as weak as her couldn't pass, but if she could help someone else pass then that would be a triumph of sorts. But if she cheated she would be hurting Kiba-kun and Shino-kun's chances...

The blond boy drummed his fingers on the table for a moment and then nodded abruptly to himself, as if in decision.

Much to the astonishment of everyone in the room he stood up, picked up his question paper and then walked along the bench to where Kabuto was sitting, checking his completed test. Naruto plucked the paper out of the old genin's hands, passed him his own blank sheet and ambled back to sit next to Hinata with Kabuto's answers in front of him.

"...what the hell do you think you're doing?" Ibiki asked, somewhat incredulously.

Naruto gave him an innocent look. "Cheating," he replied, in a voice that conveyed an implicit 'duh'.

The pencil in one of the chuunin observer's hands snapped as he tried desperately not to break out laughing at the expression on his superior's face.

"I think that that costs me two points, didn't you say?" added Naruto. "Which means that unless Kabuto screwed up massively and only got two questions right - and I don't think that's too likely - I've got at least one point left."

Ibiki sighed. "The general point of cheating is not to get caught, dumbass."

"Yeah, but if you don't disqualify everyone who cheats, just penalise them, then cheating's allowed in the rules. So... I cheated once." Naruto shrugged. "And made sure that once was all I needed."

"...I guess that that works," Ibiki conceded reluctantly.

Anko shunshined into the Tower at the centre of the Forest of Death, appearing in a cloud of smoke that masked the leaves that she had intended to arrive with.

"What the hell!" she snapped, instantly aware that there were unknowns behind her and lunged forwards, rolling to bring them into view as she came back to her feet, a kunai ready in one hand.

She need not have bothered however as instead of a hostile force, she saw instead a tumbled trio of genin, one of them the loud brat she'd scratched up before briefing the candicates for the second round. He was more or less on the bottom of the heap, which didn't help much since he was the only one not tied up. The Uchiha brat was glaring as impotently as... well, as an Uchiha, who as a clan tended to take impotence to new depths from what she recalled. The pinkhead girl was trying to beat up the blond, but it wasn't working out so well given she was tied up, if less comprehensively than the Uchiha brat.

Anko shook her head. "What the hell are you three playing at?"

The responses suggested that it was Naruto's fault. Not exactly a surprise, but getting to the tower this soon after the start of the exam had to be some kind of record.

Then Naruto managed to work one hand out of the tangle and display two scrolls. Anko blinked. Getting to the tower with two scrolls, technically completing the mission in... what, not quite an hour? That really was a recordbreaking performance.

"Okay..." she said. "Well, you're here and you have the scrolls. That's good. You're in the time limit. You have your whole team. And the scrolls are sealed."

"It's not our fault!" Sakura protested as Naruto released her. She promptly smacked the boy and went to help Sasuke, who had mostly managed to get himself loose.

The special jounin shook her head. "Actually I can't think of a reason to disqualify you. He completed the mission, after all, even if he did it by tying his teammates up and carrying them. Who did you take the scroll off?"

"No one," Naruto confessed. "I sneaked into the back of the stall and replaced a couple of the scrolls with fakes while the spares were being packed away."

"That happened after you were sent into the Forest, didn't it?"

"I sent kage bushin into the forest," explained Naruto. "Then I sealed Sasuke and Sakura into a storage scroll and henged myself into a senbon while I was holding the scroll. One of my bushin stuck the senbon into the hem of your coat. I guess your shunshin must have broken the henge and the storage scroll."

Anko shook her head. "So you cheated and got the examiner to smuggle you past the whole exam... You deviant little bastard," she said in admiration.

"Did Sasuke win?" Naruto asked Naruto as he ambled back up the steps to the balcony.

Heads turned as they saw Konoha's Most Orange Ninja arriving somewhere that they had already thought that he was.

"Yeah. Kicked ass." The Naruto on the balcony agreed. He leant over slightly. "Uh, you need to..." He pointed, indiscreetly, at Naruto's groin.

"Huh? Oh, okay." Naruto said and the first Naruto vanished in a puff of smoke. "...oh." He reached down and zipped himself up. "Someone could have told me. Jeez."

Everyone sighed and turned away, except for Ibiki and Anko, both of whom seized upon the truly important point: Uzumaki Naruto had been out of their sight for an unspecified period of time. Oh shit.

"Akamaru," Kiba instructed. "You stay out of it. I'll fight alone." He raised one fist illustratively. "I feel bad for you, so I'll end it with one punch."

"Ah, is that so?" Naruto asked. "What are you going to do? Punch yourself in the groin?"

"Stop acting tough," snorted Kiba.

"Then... cough - please begin," announced Hayate. Kiba immediately crouched, forming the seals for Beast Effect Ninpou: Quadraped no Jutsu. Naruto ran forward at an angle, not closing in.

"Here I come!" Kiba shouted and hurtled forwards, striking Naruto in the chest and hurling him back - through the high doors of the chamber. "He won't be opening his eyes for a while referee," the Inuzuka boy laughed.

"Is that so?" Naruto's voice came from through the doors. "Funny, I thought that you'd be stronger than that Kiba. Oh well, be a good dog." He whistled shrilly. "Heel!"

"Why you!" Kiba yelled and charged out of the doors towards Naruto's voice.
"Is that allowed, leaving the room?" Sakura asked.

The Hokage chuckled. "I suppose that it is. Hayate did say no rules, after all." There was a crashing sound from through the door and the strong smell of bleach and other cleaning fluids wafted through, along with Kiba cursing. "I suppose that I shall have to insist that Naruto clean up after himself though."

A moment later, Naruto trotted back into the room, towing a hogtied, foulmouthed and brightly painted Kiba behind him on a length of rope. "Really Kiba, you should be better at spotting traps than that."

"Uh, victory to Uzumaki Naruto," declared Hayate, stepping aside to stay upwind of Kiba.

"How did he set traps for Kiba in that length of time?" Kurenai wondered out loud. Then she blinked. "Wait... he went to the toilet during Uchiha Sasuke's match. He did it then... That's..."

"Rather ingenious," Anko told her. "After all, in a real fight wouldn't you want to lure an opponent into an area you've boobytrapped?"

Orochimaru blinked as he saw the level of security arrayed around the stadium. It looked as if the entirety of Konoha's ANBU were there in full wargear, watching not only the approaches, but the entire audience. Teams of chuunin and even jounin were examining everyone as they entered. "This is quite an impressive display," he said politely to the Hokage as they walked together towards the elevated box where they would be sitting. "Putting on a show for the potential clients."

The Sandaime Hokage shook his head. "That is a useful side-benefit," he said. "This is more on the nature of ensuring that no one tampers with the outcome of the matches."

"You aren't suggesting that someone would try to embarass their nation by cheating in front of all these witnesses?" the supposed Kazekage said with clearly feigned innocence.

"One of the genin has demonstrated a creative, if not technically illegal, perspective on the rules," the Hokage explained. "It's certainly a good sign that he's ready to be promoted, but not the sort of thing to share with outsiders. However, with all these guards, I'm sure that nothing will go wrong. If anyone so much as tries to form a genjutsu my ANBU will be onto them in an instant. And as for sneaking in under a henge... no, nothing like that will be permitted."

"How reassuring," Orochimaru said, although the words tasted like ashes in his mouth as he started making covert 'abort' signals to Kabuto and his other minions.

Neji backed up as Naruto used his summoning. The younger boy had considerable chakra, so it was possible that he might summon something large enough to pose a minor threat to the Hyuuga. Granted, he was destined to fall before Neji's greatness, but arrogance might allow him to wear the prodigy down before his next match against Uchiha Sasuke.

The smoke dissipated to reveal a toad... fortunately one small enough that Naruto could lift it easily on one hand, which was exactly what he did.

"You are pathetic," Neji snorted. "You actually think that you can defeat me?"

"Shut up," Naruto said absently. "Adults are talking. Hey, Gamakichi, tell your bro to do that thing we talked about, okay?"

"And I'll get candy, right?" the toad insisted in a high-pitched voice.

"Here's some now," Naruto told him, handing over a small bag to the toad who vanished in a puff of smoke with a shrill, "Bye!"

Neji rolled his eyes. "Shall we proceed with your inevitable defeat now?"

"Actually, I'm gonna win," Naruto said smugly.

"And how do you think that you're going to do that?" sneered the Hyuga.

"I'm going to trick you."

"Give it up. It is your fate to be defeated. Your simple tricks won't defe-" He said before he vanished in a puff of ninja smoke.

Naruto smirked. "Di-ver-sion!" he caroled. "Hey, Mr. Examiner, how about you declare me the winner now?"

"Uh... what did you do to him?" Genma asked. "Vaporising him is a little much, you know?"

Naruto grinned foxily. "It's legal to use a summons, right?"

"Yes, that was fine. But how..."

"One of my summons used a summoning scroll for Neji. They're under orders not to bring him back until I'm declared the winner."

"...how did you make a summoning scroll for your opponent?"

"Examiner-san, a good shinobi never reveals his secrets," Naruto said.

"...you win," Genma admitted.

"Uzumaki Naruto," Gaara said flatly. "I will kill you."

No, you fool, surrender immediately! hissed a voice inside his head, causing the Sand genin to blink in surprise. That didn't sound like mother.

"Who are you?" he mumbled out loud, eliciting a puzzled look from Genma.

Who are you talking to? replied the more familiar voice in his head. Crush the orange fool to prove your existence!

I am the great demon Kyuubi! the first voice shouted desperately. I order you to cease this before the boy destroys everything!

"Destroy... everything..." Gaara twitched.

Yes... destroy everything... his mother crooned.

You'll be killed, you idiot! the voice shrieked. He's a monster, it's taking all the power of myself, the great nine-tailed nogitsune, to stop him from ending your existence on the spot.

Gaara frowned. "Kyuubi?" he asked.

Shuukaku hesitated. Kyuubi?

Yes, you imbecile! the voice shouted. I've spent the last decade trying to keep him from waking up and your petty efforts are just making it harder. Do you want him erase you from the universe?

The Ichibi vessel began to shake. "Kill him... before he destroys me..." he mumbled, sand rising around him towards Naruto.

For god's sake! screamed the voice, Don't you understand? I sacrificed my life to enter Konoha and bind him away - haven't you heard how I was 'vanquished' by their Hokage? Would I, the greatest of all the Bijuu, have permitted such a slight if the entire world's existence did not hang in the balance? You can't kill him! All you could ever do is awaken him and if you do that then You. Will. Die!

What are you waiting for? Mother asked. Kill him. Prove your existence.
He's noticed you! the Kyuubi shrieked and Gaara noticed Naruto walking slowly forwards, a vile red chakra pouring from him.

"...I must exist..." Gaara mumbled. "Mustn't die..." Sweat broke out on his brow, loosening the sand slightly. "I surrender!" he screamed suddenly at Genma.

Utter silence filled the arena.

"What?" Genma asked the Sand genin, who was now trying to hide behind him from a puzzled looking Naruto.

"I said I surrender!" Gaara practically snivelled. "Don't let him kill me!"

What... the... hell... Shuukaku wondered.

There was no verbal response from the other voice, only a slight puff of air in one ear that Gaara took for a sigh of relief.

Naruto grimaced. "Seriously," he said, looking at Gaara. "You need to clean your ears out. That was totally disgusting. Have you ever heard of cotton buds."

Kankuro's eyes were wide as he looked down at Gaara. "I don't believe it..." he muttered. "Gaara's... scared of him? I thought... I didn't think that Gaara was scared of anything. I didn't think he could be afraid, Temari." He paused. "Temari?"

His sister was still standing very still, watching the arena floor, completely ignoring the disgruntled crowd watching Gaara leave and Genma beckoning for her to come down.

"Temari?" Kankuro touched her shoulder and the kunoichi turned to reveal that her face was shockingly pale and her eyes large and desperate.

"I have to fight him?" she asked in a childish voice. "Someone that Gaara is scared of?"

Kankuro looked around for help and saw no one was present to witness what he was about to do.

CRACK!

"What the hell!" Temari snapped, touching her face where her brother had backhanded her.

"Snap out of it, sis," Kankuro hissed. "We're looking like a bunch of pansies. I quit because of a plan that got trashed, Gaara just quit. You're the only chance Suna has of salvaging our reputation here. Just go down there and play things defensively. Hold out a respectable time and then surrender. No one expects you to win against a monster that can make our monster back down."

Temari stared at him and then nodded respectfully. Then she frowned. "Kankuro... I don't think a monster can be afraid. If Gaara..."

"There's no time for this," Kankuro growled. "Go!"

"Hai, hai, Kazekage-sama," she said sarcastically and hopped off the balcony, landing easily on the ground below.

Genma chewed on his senbon. "What kept you?"

"I was in the shower," Temari shot back, focusing on the examiner and not the enigma that she was going to have to fight.

"Right, whatever. Okay. Fight now." Genma said, throwing up his hands and backing up to what he hoped would be a safe distance. Uzumaki's tactics might be unusual, but they also tended to be quite precise - the Suna kunoichi was another matter.

Temari raised her fan as menacingly as she could while also preparing to dodge like her life depended on it. Naruto watched her and then smirked. "You don't really look like you want to fight," he told her.

"Shut up," Temari snapped, trying to ignore the sweat that was running down her neck or the itching on her cheek. She couldn't scratch it right now without lowering her defenses so she'd just have to live with it.

"Oh shoot," groaned Naruto, looking at her face. "It's itching, isn't it? Anko told me it would but I thought that I'd got it neutralised."

"What's itching?" Temari asked nervously and jumped back, holding the fan in one hand as she rubbed quickly at her cheek.

Naruto shrugged. "Your cheek, of course... uh, you probably don't want to do that, now you've got it on your fingers..."

Temari went white. "What did you do!" she shouted. Her finger tips were itching now.

"Uh, three different types of sap mixed in just the right proportions," Naruto told her. "One of my clones applied it when you thought you were talking to your brother. It's really quite humane - the itching is the nerves burning out before the mixture starts eating through your skin. You probably won't feel a thing in a -"

"Forfeit!" Temari screamed. "I forfeit! Get this shit off of me, you bastard!" She grabbed a corner of her skirt with the hand she'd rubbed her face and tore it off, using the scrap to rub frantically at the side of her face.

"Ah!" Naruto yelled. "Don't do that! You're rubbing it in deeper."

Temari froze.

"Now what we need is a neutralising agent," Naruto said, rooting around his pockets for something. "A very specific mix - much more complicated than original toxin. I mean, really, when was the last time you had to hand distill something..."

"Get over here and give it to me!" roared Temari, noting that Naruto wasn't actually getting any closer to her.

"Uh... well there are some fumes from when it mixes with your blood that I'd really rather not breath if you know what I'm talking about..." he told her reasonably. "I'm not going to be able to help you if I'm seeing purple horseflies the size of elephants, am I?" Naruto paused and frowned. "You know, I'm sure that I brought the neutralisation fluid with me. Where did I put it..."

Temari gave a frustrated scream and started stomping towards him. "I'll rub this all over you!" she shouted, pointing at her itching cheek. "That should motivate you, dammit!"

"Wait!" Naruto shouted, backpedalling. "There's another way!"

"What!"

"Take a shower!" he offered hastily. "That usually washes itching powder right off!"

Temari froze for a moment. "Itching powder?"

"Uh-huh!"

"Die!"

"Uh, you know, the fight is over..." Genma shouted after the two of them as pursuer and pursuee disappeared into the distance. He shook his head. "I thought that she'd already had a shower."​

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
One poison gas Jutsu and the entire team were felled.
Not exactly pushing for style points there.
Is it just me or is the entire assault based on Kabuto's power rather than this massive army of white Zetsu that madara was counting on?
I mean from what they have shown so far the Zetsu's have been eradicated almost instantly without much problem and it's only Kabuto's reanimated corpses that seem to making the slightest bit difference.

Well, I'm not totally sure what Omoi can do, but Sai's pretty damned capable. Kankuro's obviously the strongest, and it's why he's the squad leader. You also have to keep in mind that the Zetsus get injured, but they don't seem to get fatugued. They've never been much on up front raw power (specifically said about Zetsu), but in the long run, I think it'll get tough for the Shinobi. In 525(?) you see Neji & Kiba ripping HUGE holes in them, and they just regenerate. Not to mention that Madara has yet to do anything, which makes me think that he's just sitting on some significant firepower.

What I find weird is that there are no resurrected Uchiha apart from Itachi. There's that one scene after Sasuke kills Danzo where Madara reveals that he has all the sharingan eyes left from the Uchiha massacre. It would seem that it is possible for him to resurrect all of them.

Well, you'd mentioned that It didn't look like Kabut had found any of their corpses, andthat's probably because Madara's been busy cleaning up everything. I'm assuming that the lack of any Uchiha (Itachi aside) is due to Tobi/Madara's deeper motives. There is a good possibility that he could bring them all back at some point, and may be why he interrogated Kabuto for the information in the first place.

It makes a lot of sense now why Hanzo was so feared. That is going to be a nasty fight with him. Also, if all the resurrected jincuurcki can turn into their tailed beast forms.... Yeah, bad.

Well, I doubt that they'll have Biju-cloaks, because their beasts have been sealed, but their significantly augmented abilities are likely still present, like with Gaara.

My timeline is coming along. The most frustrating part of it is that there are not concrete dates for any of the events. Still, it's a lot of fun and it's very interesting to see how everyone's birth dates match up.

I can't wait to see it!! :D

Top Bottom