Naruto Anime/Manga (Manga Spoilers Not Tagged) [WSJ]

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
I love how Sasuke is such a sick, twisted and cruel sonofabitch he's taken to torturing and burning alive the poor plant people who are his allies, and even making them cry. Poor fucking Zetsu.

Just kick a puppy now Sasuke, make everyone hate you more! That's the ticket! :monster:

Also, I'm curious. Did anyone have a problem with Naruto in this chapter, in terms of how he handled things? I'm wondering if what I'm hearing is actual valid criticism or just fangirl bitching at its best.

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
Also, I'm curious. Did anyone have a problem with Naruto in this chapter, in terms of how he handled things? I'm wondering if what I'm hearing is actual valid criticism or just fangirl bitching at its best.

I don't even know what this could be referring to, so I'm assuming it's just fangirl bitching at it's finest, unless you can provide some kind of example.

X :neo:

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
I don't even know what this could be referring to, so I'm assuming it's just fangirl bitching at it's finest, unless you can provide some kind of example.

It's in regards to Naruto doing things by himself, to summarize. My main question is, do you think Naruto is adequately fighting with team work in mind, as Itachi told him, or is he once again being cocky/arrogant and trying to do everything by himself?

I've seen a few people criticize him because he did this (according to them, during the fight against Pain) and now it's cropped up again so I was just wondering if anyone else got that idea. Although personally I think it's just nerd rage that Naruto is taking away panel time from their favorite characters :monster:

Elisa Maza

Whomst
[...] it's just nerd rage that Naruto is taking away panel time from their favorite characters :monster:

This.

I mean, seriously, how dare Naruto of all people get panel time in a story called NARUTO...

Wait. :shifty:

Anyway, I'm not paying attention to bitching, since I've got mine: SASUKE IS BACK...

Unfortunately. :no: Meh.

About Naruto handling things alone... Itachi's words will take their tame to sink properly in and take effect on Naruto, especially since the boy is so hellbent to become Jesus and solve everyone and their cat's problems.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
Well what I don't get is, Naruto DID take in Itachi's words, and he worked together with Gaara and the Tsuchikage to take down Muu, right? So I don't get how that doesn't quite fit into Itachi's warning and advice.

Likewise, Naruto helping Tenten take down the previous Raikage is the same thing. So I'm definitely thinking it's just that. :monster:

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
Well what I don't get is, Naruto DID take in Itachi's words, and he worked together with Gaara and the Tsuchikage to take down Muu, right? So I don't get how that doesn't quite fit into Itachi's warning and advice.

Likewise, Naruto helping Tenten take down the previous Raikage is the same thing. So I'm definitely thinking it's just that. :monster:

This.

The bitching about whatever just seems to be really misplaced. Besides, we have yet to see him really do anything alone since Itachi said that to him. I can assume that he's going to use other people and just work together with them to achieve victory in the remaining pieces of the battle, but there's likely going to be Kabuto's plan coming to fruition, and I'm sure once he arrives with the other Shinobi, they'll be working in tandem.

I'll just wait until tomorrow. ;)

Kobato

Pro Adventurer
Just kick a puppy now Sasuke, make everyone hate you more! That's the ticket! :monster:

Sasuke haters ? What are they ?? When Sasuke came back, all the fangirls and fans in tumblr started celebrating like Christmas came early. Sasuke would kick a puppy and the fans would just go " Oh Sasuke is so strong and awesome ".

Now if Sasuke looked like Queen Brahne, Sasuke would be getting flamed just for existing, let alone doing anything bad like dog kicking.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
Naruto's up, I can't believe I beat X-SOLDIER to this. :monster:

The 3rd Raikage is fucking badass. Period. It's like this is Resident Evil, and the Raikage's the fucking Tyrant. He just won't fucking go down.

The fact he can take a Rasenshuriken without going down...is fucking crazy. How the fuck is that even possible? How can his body and lightning armor withstand the power of that S-Rank attack? Not even Kakuzu or Pain were able to withstand that assault.

The fact that they had to get Naruto out of there once he failed and protect him from his 4 goddamn fingers, shows just how serious this Kage is. He's on a whole new level.

Naruto about to let loose a Tailed Beast Bomb is pretty fucking epic. This could either end in epicsauce awesome or fail.

One thing that bothers me though is...does Sage Mode mean jackshit now? I mean we haven't seen Naruto use Sage Mode again since...the fight with Pain, and him practicing it afterwards. Ever since he got the Nine-Tailed chakra mode, Sage Mode is just forgotten.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X

:awesomonster:

The 3rd Raikage is fucking badass. Period. It's like this is Resident Evil, and the Raikage's the fucking Tyrant. He just won't fucking go down.

The fact he can take a Rasenshuriken without going down...is fucking crazy. How the fuck is that even possible? How can his body and lightning armor withstand the power of that S-Rank attack? Not even Kakuzu or Pain were able to withstand that assault.

The fact that they had to get Naruto out of there once he failed and protect him from his 4 goddamn fingers, shows just how serious this Kage is. He's on a whole new level.

Naruto about to let loose a Tailed Beast Bomb is pretty fucking epic. This could either end in epicsauce awesome or fail.

While Kakuzu is just really powerful, and has multiple 'lives' but I think that Hidan would have survived it, but he lacks the brute strength. Pain was strong, but doesn't have the same kind of physicality.

Raikage is just fucking NUTS. Wind is Strong against Lightning, but he STILL manages to hold off Rasenshuriken with his Lightning Shield, on top of the fact that he's mad, crazy fast. I'm not sure how much the EdoTensei would help protect against that type of damage though, since it more closely resembles poison damage, because it's so minimal, and they regenerate even after injuries from Amaterasu.

I also like that he uses his own version of Chidori/Raikiri that's able to be more concentrated by reducing the number of fingers he uses. I'm excited to see how the Biju Bomb plays out, but I'm a little sad that some of these battles seem to be short conflicts (or at least what we see of them).

One thing that bothers me though is...does Sage Mode mean jackshit now? I mean we haven't seen Naruto use Sage Mode again since...the fight with Pain, and him practicing it afterwards. Ever since he got the Nine-Tailed chakra mode, Sage Mode is just forgotten.

I think that the application of Sage Mode is very different. I think that the Kyubi Chakra Mode is more versatile in how it allows him to fight, but there are some direct applications where Sage Chakra might be more useful than Biju Chakra. I'm not sure as thought it's obsolete, but it's probably not going to be used as much, or for long periods of time.

Obsidian Fire

Ahk Morn!
AKA
The Engineer
The problem with Sage Mode is that Naruto could only use it when the Toads were collecting natural chakra for him. Otherwise he would have to sit still for long periods of time and gather it himself. Not going to work in the current situation. He never has to worry about getting Kyuubi's chakra so it's alot more convent.

Seeing all the former Kage in action makes we want to know what the Shinobi wars were like. It's a good thing it's Naruto facing the Raikage and not Bee or they would be in more trouble then they already are.

Anybody else find it crazy that were still on the 2nd day of fighting? And we still haven't met up with all the former Jinkuuriki or whoever that mystery person is. I'm kinda wondering if Itachi will have to fight through all of them to get to Kabuto. That would be epic.

BTW, I was recently reading through some older manga and realized that Sasuke and Thief King Bakura have a lot in common and they're the same basic character type. Freaky.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
While Kakuzu is just really powerful, and has multiple 'lives' but I think that Hidan would have survived it, but he lacks the brute strength. Pain was strong, but doesn't have the same kind of physicality.

I don't even think Hidan would be able to survive it. He was blown to pieces by a net of explosive tags. If the Rasenshuriken hit him, he'd end up just like the Human Path Pain did. Just a freaking half a head.

Raikage is just fucking NUTS. Wind is Strong against Lightning, but he STILL manages to hold off Rasenshuriken with his Lightning Shield, on top of the fact that he's mad, crazy fast. I'm not sure how much the EdoTensei would help protect against that type of damage though, since it more closely resembles poison damage, because it's so minimal, and they regenerate even after injuries from Amaterasu.

I dunno, but even the Edo Tensei zombies can't regenerate instantaneously. I think the fact that the first Raikage just came out hardly damaged was all him. He just didn't flinch. That's just ridiculous.

I think that the application of Sage Mode is very different. I think that the Kyubi Chakra Mode is more versatile in how it allows him to fight, but there are some direct applications where Sage Chakra might be more useful than Biju Chakra. I'm not sure as thought it's obsolete, but it's probably not going to be used as much, or for long periods of time.

Yeah that's probably it. Just seems messed up cause I liked Sage Naruto and his techniques.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
I dunno, but even the Edo Tensei zombies can't regenerate instantaneously. I think the fact that the first Raikage just came out hardly damaged was all him. He just didn't flinch. That's just ridiculous.

Oh, it's fucking off the charts ridiculous. It at least managed to knock him on his ass, but not long enough to take him out, he he wasn't physically injured by it. I'm just thinking that the Edo Tensei regeneration might be assisting him in some capacity beyond normal.

I'm really digging that the Kages are finally showing how holy shit crazy powerful they are, (though I'm still suspicious about Muu actually being gone already, because he's so stealthy and INSANELY destructive, and we didn't see his invisibility used much). It also makes sense in different ways.

Fourth Hokage could confront Kyubi and tactically outmaneuver him in some very impressive ways, though there was no way he could confront him one of one. One on one against Shinobi of high rank, he was amazing, and even against large numbers, his Yellow Flash made him an INSANE force to be reckoned with.

I like that the Raikage is just pure, unadulterated brute force with the speed to match it.

I'm still holding out that the Mizukage Ex-Jinchuriki (now a Path of Pain) is going to be one of the most powerful opponents next to Madara/Sasuke.

Yeah that's probably it. Just seems messed up cause I liked Sage Naruto and his techniques.

Agreed with you a lot on this. I hope we get to see it again soon.

(splitting the Jinchuriki/Pain section into a second post)

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
On a different note, I'm surprised that this discussion hasn't come up yet:

PathofPainQuestion.png

JinchurikiPain.png

• Asura Path - Han (5) [Armor]
> Han's the most physically imposing member of the Ex-Jinchuriki, and he's also covered in specialized armor already. It's the most obvious choice for his abilities.

• Human - Utakata (6) [Soulsucking]
> I don't know a lot about Utakata, since I haven't seen the anime episodes with him. From the descriptions of his bubble techniques, he seems like someone who would use an ability with a two-fold tactical use, which the Human Path offers by mind reading and killing the target at the same time. He also looks slightly similiar to the previous Human Path.

• Animal Path - Nii (2) [Summon]
> As the 2-Tails, she used her full Biju form to attack Hidan and Kakuzu. It's because of that direct beast combat approach that makes me assume that she'd be the most proficient at tactics with using summoned beasts. Her eyes are also similiar to those of the previous Animal Path.

• Naraka - Fu (7) [Interrogation / Restoration]http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/King_of_Hell
> 7-Tails was a flying Biju, meaning that she's probably a distance fighter, and best suited to remaining back from direct combat and from the other Ex-Jinchuriki. This would enable her to to use the Naraka Path to interrogate captives, or to regenerate troops, since the Ex-Jinchuriki Paths of Pain are already under the effect of Edo Tensei.

• Deva - Yagura (3) [Gravity]
> Yagura makes the most sense to act as the leader for the Ex-Jinchuriki Paths of Pain, and thus I'd put him into the Deva Path. He's also the smallest in stature and would benefit the most from an indirect wave-like attack like Shinra Tensei. The fact that he wields a large hook-like weapon could be useful in conjunction with Bansho Tenin.

• Preta - Roshi (4) [Chakra Absorption]
> Roshi was known for using Lava Release Techniques, which is a Kekkei Genkai. Of everyone, he's the most obvious asset that would benefit from absorbing Chakra, based on what we know of their techniques. His attire suggests that he'd be in close combat as well, which would mean he'd be able to use it as a counter at close range.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
Holy shit, it was Mako who brought up the technique, but I TOTALLY called its use.

So his Kyubi Chakra Mode is more versatile with the multiple limbs, range of chakra control, and stronger offensively. His Sage Mode is better for precise fighting tactics and sensing enemy movement. The fact that the Biju Bomb failed, and the tactic took a TOTALLY different turn made for a fucking AWESOME chapter. Plus, now Kabuto's getting outmatched at almost every turn, and I think that means that he might start getting desperate soon.

Regardless, Gaara & the Mizukage looks like it's gonna be an absolutely WICKED fight.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
Great to see my wish came true literally 1 chapter after me bringing it up :monster:

I loved how he used its ability to pinpoint his exact weak spot and take him down with one blow.

What I don't understand though is...why would the Third Raikage....stab himself like that? Was he trying to kill himself or...?

EDIT: After reading it again, I get it now. The 8-tailed beast shot off a Biju-Bomb while the 3rd Rai-kage charged at him with his ultimate attack, they both struck each other, but the Raikage literally fell on his own lightning blade and accidentally stabbed himself, giving him that wound.

The Raikage was too ashamed of having literally stabbed himself by accident, thus he just said that the 8-tails did it.

So yeah. Naruto basically did the same thing and pinpointed precisely on his arm the spot that would cause the blade to hit him. That's pretty fucking clever.

Last edited:

Obsidian Fire

Ahk Morn!
AKA
The Engineer
What I don't understand though is...why would the Third Raikage....stab himself like that? Was he trying to kill himself or...?
Naruto hit the Raikage in the arm with a rasengen and the Raikage (Kabuto?) was moving so fast he couldn't control his arm.

EDIT: Ninjaed...

It's nice to see genjutsu get it's place in the spotlight. Most of the time it looses out to ninjutsu/taijutsu. Of course, that's mostly because most of the genjutsu fights we've seen so far are someone else vs. Itachi... Anyone find it ironic that the only thing that get past Gaara's ultimate defense is an illusion?

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
It's nice to see genjutsu get it's place in the spotlight. Most of the time it looses out to ninjutsu/taijutsu. Of course, that's mostly because most of the genjutsu fights we've seen so far are someone else vs. Itachi... Anyone find it ironic that the only thing that get past Gaara's ultimate defense is an illusion?

I was thinking that it's really nice to see a Genjutsu use who's totally badass that's just a 'regular' Genjustu user. I hadn't thought about it in terms of Gaara's Ultimate defense, but that's pretty excellent.

Side note: The Rubber element guy was pretty damn badass, and I can't believe that I didn't mention his awesome quick thinking deception.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
I was thinking that it's really nice to see a Genjutsu use who's totally badass that's just a 'regular' Genjustu user. I hadn't thought about it in terms of Gaara's Ultimate defense, but that's pretty excellent.

Side note: The Rubber element guy was pretty damn badass, and I can't believe that I didn't mention his awesome quick thinking deception.

Out of all the resurrected Kage, the Mizukage is by far my favorite. He's so damn hilarious.

With his giant clam of DOOM. :monster:

Gaara's got his hands full. And he's just not a funny guy with no eyebrows. This is the same Kage who was somehow able to kill Muu. The invisible bastard who not only was extremely smart, but used one of the most powerful elements in the series. A goddamn Kekkai Dotai.

So yeah. His genjutsu abilities must be on par with those of the Uchiha. He's dangerous.

And yes, Dodai was awesome. So glad to see such capable Ninjas outside the Leaf Village.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
Out of all the resurrected Kage, the Mizukage is by far my favorite. He's so damn hilarious.

With his giant clam of DOOM. :monster:

Gaara's got his hands full. And he's just not a funny guy with no eyebrows. This is the same Kage who was somehow able to kill Muu. The invisible bastard who not only was extremely smart, but used one of the most powerful elements in the series. A goddamn Kekkai Dotai.

So yeah. His genjutsu abilities must be on par with those of the Uchiha. He's dangerous.

And yes, Dodai was awesome. So glad to see such capable Ninjas outside the Leaf Village.

Oh yeah, best personality introducted of the resurrected Kage by a LONG shot. I'm hoping that, because he's so talkative, that next chapter begins the first step where we delve into the history of Kirigakure that I've been speculating on was going to take place.

Oh, and not ONLY did he beat Muu, the "invisible bastard who not only was extremely smart, but used... a goddamn Kekkai Dotai." He was also at AN ELEMENTAL DISADVANTAGE AGAINST THE GUY.

:bigawesomonster:

Obsidian Fire

Ahk Morn!
AKA
The Engineer
Oh yeah, best personality introducted of the resurrected Kage by a LONG shot. I'm hoping that, because he's so talkative, that next chapter begins the first step where we delve into the history of Kirigakure that I've been speculating on was going to take place.
Please... I so want this back story...

Oh, and not ONLY did he beat Muu, the "invisible bastard who not only was extremely smart, but used... a goddamn Kekkai Dotai." He was also at AN ELEMENTAL DISADVANTAGE AGAINST THE GUY.

That fight (Mizukage vs. Tsukage) must have been one of the most skewed Kage matchups. By all accounts, the Tsukage should have flattened the Mizukage. The Tsukage has a Kekkai Dotai and an elematal advantage. The only "special ability" the Mizukage has summons (and it's a clam). Instead they ended up killing each other. It's been said before the Kiri ninja had an intense ninja program going on, but damn... since when are Kiri ninja good at genjutsu?

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
Please... I so want this back story...

It's gotta happen.

It's Gaara vs. the Third Mizukage now. The battle with the Seven Swordsmen and Mangetsu is still not concluded, and potentially important. The current (fifth) Mizukage is still being followed by Black Zetsu as far as we know. Madara was controlling the Fourth Mizukage, Yagura which involves the Byakugan vs. Sharingan for how that was discovered, (plus that will also give background for the Yagura, who's now a Path of Pain). Not to mention that, (aside from Iwa), it's the only villiage that hasn't been well detailed, and the parts of the history are too pivotal to current events to not start coming out now, or at least VERY soon.

That fight (Mizukage vs. Tsukage) must have been one of the most skewed Kage matchups. By all accounts, the Tsukage should have flattened the Mizukage. The Tsukage has a Kekkai Dotai and an elemental advantage. The only "special ability" the Mizukage has summons (and it's a clam). Instead they ended up killing each other. It's been said before the Kiri ninja had an intense ninja program going on, but damn... since when are Kiri ninja good at genjutsu?

Oh yeah, it must've been absolutely ridiculous.

Zabuza's silent killing technique is built on a similiar principle of locational deception. His was also made to counter the Sharingan's Genjutsu, so he's at least familiar with them in his training. We know that Zabuza personally attempted a coup against one of the Mizukage, and it's not that surprising that he would rely on those sorts of tactics to pull that off.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
The Mizukage is FUCKING UNREAL.

:O

I... I don't even really know how to start talking about this chapter.

Obsidian Fire

Ahk Morn!
AKA
The Engineer
*Picks jaw up off floor*

Well at least the Mizukage didn't disappoint. Anybody think we need to get Kakashi, Itachi... somebody who knows genjutsu really well involved in this fight? Seriously, this guy is a beast.

I really like the first panel where the Mizukage says he's told them all his weaknesses and everybody says he's too strong to beat. I'm really liking his character the more we see of him. It's nice to get someone who actually likes fighting and is good at it to counterbalance all the people who who are good at fighting, but don't like doing it (Itachi). Then again, he is from Kiri; go figure.

At the end, the Tsuchikage says the jutsu the Mizukage uses is called Infinite Explosions Technique. This really reminds me of Deidara who was the last person who was able to defeat Garra. Not Good.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
Seriously, THIS is the type of battle that I expect when going up against one of the Kage's. This guy is off of the goddamn charts, and he makes certain that Kirigakure is still my favorite crazy village.

I also love that yes, he is fighting, but he's not really even trying during the early parts. He's basically just standing there saying, "C'mon!! Kick my ass already guys!" Can you even imagine what would have happened if he was actually focused on just wrecking the shit out of everything the entire time?

Also also really liked the interaction between him and Oonoki. Especially because it represents the generation gap. He knew Oonoki as a little kid, and now he's a rickety old man. This was the first time that I really got a feel for the passage of time between the Kage's, and it brings back the realization of just how crazy ancient Madara is. (I also really liked his Water Gun technique. It's just so casual and badass, and the fact that there was the brief feint that he'd killed Tsuchikage with it that spectacular).

Seriously, aside from Hanzo defeating the Edo Tensei through sheer force of will - which was impressive, but difficult to quantify in terms of actual power, Mizukage is easily the most impressive Shinobi that we've seen in the war so far.

Also - it's worth checking out that his Clam is actually named after a Japanese legend, that makes a specific type of complex mirage called a Fata Morgana

Oh: AND he's a member of the Hozuki Clan - which means that he's related to to Mangetsu & Suigetsu (click the hyperlinks in their names because they've all made finger guns - Suigetsu's being particularly badass). Seriously, he can't just stop being more and more of my favorite character ever. Plus, that relationship means that there's a good chance we'll be moving back to the 7 Swordsmen's battle after this gets concluded.

Obsidian Fire

Ahk Morn!
AKA
The Engineer
^^Urk. It gets worse. If the Mizukage is from the Hozuki Clan, does that mean he can turn his body into water like Mangetsu and Suigetsu can? IE: make a really powerful genjutsu and then turn his body into water so even if you did find him, you couldn't easily kill him? Also, Suigutsu pointing his finger at Sasuke's head takes on a completely different meaning if he does know that water gun jutsu. (Now we know why Orochimaru wanted him.)

I really like how jutsu and some characters have different connotations if you bother to look thought Japanese Mythology/History. The Mizukage's Clam is causing a mirage? This could be really bad.

Top Bottom