Naruto Anime/Manga (Manga Spoilers Not Tagged) [WSJ]

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
Seriously, Hinata coming in to save the day with Ino = JUST SO GREAT. I also love that Kiba starts teasing Naruto about acting tough, just because she's there. All the NaruXHina shipping crowd is gonna be going off nonstop this week.

Seeing the distortion on the globe from Jubi's presence was FUCKING NUTS. I'd known his power was immense from Naruto seeing him in Sage Mode and then watching him flick away a BijuDama like a like annoyance, but for some reason the sensory team really put everything in perspective for me.

I really can't wait to see how this goes, but I think that there's gonna be a SHITTON of casualties - speaking of which... here's to hoping that the Kage are ok.

X :neo:

Dark and Divine

Pro Adventurer
AKA
D&D
Added a link the Mangastream version to my previous post. It offers a more clear translations, specially of the last page.

And it seems that even Obito is getting touched in some way by Naruto's resolve. Let's see how this will turn out.

Alex Strife

Ex-SOLDIER
I took Obito's thing more as a "I was like this and look how it turned out, there's no way in hell you're succeeding in whatever you mean if I didn't".

Or something like that.

Kai Schulen

... ... ...▼
AKA
Trainer Red
Seriously, Hinata coming in to save the day with Ino = JUST SO GREAT. I also love that Kiba starts teasing Naruto about acting tough, just because she's there. All the NaruXHina shipping crowd is gonna be going off nonstop this week.

That reminds me, did Naruto like ever respond to Hinata's confession during Pain's attack? I mean the very thought of him not at least acknowledging her confession and leaving it all up in the air drives me a bit crazy. XD

Obsidian Fire

Ahk Morn!
AKA
The Engineer
^^He didn't, but he was kinda trying to stay alive while all of Pain was attacking him... so I think he can be forgiven.

I love how Naruto says he'll never be like Obito and then everyone from the Shinobi Alliance shows up, which instantly proves his point. Obito has no idea that because of the threat he poses, the entire shinobi world is working together for once, with the express reason of stopping him. Irony at its best.

Prediction: Because all of the Shinobi Alliance is there, Obito is going to try to Infinite Tuskiyomi all of them. It's kinda interesting how Sasuke is the only person able to break out of Tsukiyomi... I don't think Obito is going to be happy to learn that.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
That reminds me, did Naruto like ever respond to Hinata's confession during Pain's attack? I mean the very thought of him not at least acknowledging her confession and leaving it all up in the air drives me a bit crazy. XD

It's been basically established that they haven't talked about it directly, but they both know that there are feelings between them that haven't been discussed. Here're the 5 pages that'll basically summarize it all for ya.

http://www.mangapanda.com/naruto/559/3
http://www.mangapanda.com/naruto/559/5
http://www.mangapanda.com/naruto/559/6
http://www.mangapanda.com/naruto/573/9
http://www.mangapanda.com/naruto/573/10

Obsidian Fire

Ahk Morn!
AKA
The Engineer
Anyone get the feeling the alliance jutsu should be called "Stealth Concrete Pouring no Jutsu"? I got it once they started talking about making the lye wet.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
So, Taijutsu users against Madara, eh? That gives us Gai, Lee, Mifune, and probably some miscellaneous folks, especially the Samurai. Anyone else know who that might include? Maybe the Inuzuka and Hyuga clans?

Obsidian Fire

Ahk Morn!
AKA
The Engineer
^^I'm actually kind of skeptical about that. Taijutsu vs. a sharignan user? Exactly how easily can Madara predict where their moves will land? Also, this is Madara who founded Konoha. There's a good chance he knows what their styles were based on. Best case scenario is that he won't know what their moves are until they use them, worst case is that he knows what taijutsu styles they're using and already knows their styles weaknesses. And lets not forget he's still under Edo Tensai, so killing him won't solve any problems. The best they can do is slow him down.

The worst thing about a sharingan user is that if a technique doesn't finish them off the first time, there's a good chance they'll know how to avoid it or even counter it the second time. And Madara has been shown to be an extremely competent shinobi.

Actually, an Uchiha vs. Hyuga match-up is one I've wanted to see for the entire manga. If the Hyuga could shut down the chakra points leading to the sharingan, they'd probably win. But if the Uchiha can see what chakra points the Hyuga is aiming for and simply no be there to get hit... I don't know, it would probably take awhile either way

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
Does the Rinnegan keep the same qualities as the Sharingan it evolved from, for those things? It's technically a different Doujutsu, and we haven't seen any of that with Nagato.

Obsidian Fire

Ahk Morn!
AKA
The Engineer
Good question... I don't know. It would seem pretty stupid to give up the prediction ability in favor for just being able to access all the elements... Given Kakashi, Itachi and Sasuke can swap between their normal sharingan and Mangekyou, I wouldn't be surprised if Madara could do something similar.

By the way, how may Rinnegan are out there? Obito has one of Nagato's and who knows where that one came from. Are both of Madara's eyes his original ones?

I looked up Naruto on TvTropes... yeah... it has one of the longer lists of tropes associated with it, 2 pages worth and that's not counting character-specific ones...

Alex Strife

Ex-SOLDIER
This will be rather lol-worthy for a number of folks, but I'd love to see Hinata being badass for once. And I don't mean just being brave. I mean actually putting a fight.

Although facing Madara or Obito and being able to fight for a short amount of time, even losing, would be a great display already.

Drax

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Benoist; Captain Highwind
Yep.

Wow, Madara's a jerk. :P

Can't wait to see Shikaku's plan turn it around.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
I... I just... Wow.... I don't have any words right now.

This is NOT anything close to what I was expecting.

The Juubi's new form is FUCKING TERRIFYING, and I love its design.

Also, with the Kage out for now and HQ taken down, the ninja world is seriously not going to be able to return to the way it was before. This is a clear indication that the current generation is going to be definitively moving into a role to take over what their parents are leaving behind.

The scale of what this is managing to accomplish is just... DAMN.

Drax

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Benoist; Captain Highwind
I will also say I loved that face transition scene with Shikamaru. Good layout.

Obsidian Fire

Ahk Morn!
AKA
The Engineer
Dang. Juubi's scale is terrifying. And it was probably bigger the first time it existed. And the SSP defeated it, made it's body into the moon, sealed it inside himself, and made the rest of the Bijuu from it. Thank goodness the Shinobi Alliance isn't going against him.

"We'll show them what despair is." Sephiroth has some competition in the "giving despair out competition". There's a good chance he's loosing. (Sephiroth vs. Obito and Madara anyone?)

You got to admit, Kishimoto gets serious points for killing off everyone in HQ. Fortunately Madara doesn't know about Shikimaru.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
Tobi called Shikamaru, "a worth adversary" when he encountered him before, so there is still some danger there. Kishimoto's REALLY stepped it up in showing the brutality of the war lately, especially because it seemed so focused on interaction with the past shinobi with mostly nameless casualties up until recently.

Seeing how intense the few seconds at HQ were followed by the distant explosion that the allied forces saw made it all the more harrowing. This also eliminated Ao as a non-Hyuuga Byakugan user.

Seriously, the Sage is AMAZING to have been a Jinchuriki for this thing. This makes Kurama at his worst seem like a kitten, and it's even missing the full chakra of Kyubi and Hachibi. It's INSANE how tough he'd have to have been.

Obsidian Fire

Ahk Morn!
AKA
The Engineer
Really random question: what's the name of that fire jutsu Sasuke does that involves shuriken? I ended up making a fractal that it would be the perfect title for.

Alex Strife

Ex-SOLDIER
Obito kind of being cocky to Madara surprises me.

And holy friggin' shit indeed, Neji!! Just as I was feeling happy about the Hyuuga finally having the spotlight, and there we go.

Also I have the feeling this is only starting...!! Wow, just wow.

Top Bottom