Naruto Anime/Manga (Manga Spoilers Not Tagged) [WSJ]

Kai Schulen

... ... ...▼
AKA
Trainer Red
Soooo, apparently Himawari can use Byakugan.

...Can the Boruto movie be about Himawari hunting down Boruto Terminator style after he ruins her birthday cake instead? :wacky:

Alex Strife

Ex-SOLDIER
^ Jealous much!!

My friend's a big fan of Naruto, had to go to Japan for work... and didn't get to watch the movie. Boy, was he disappointed!! And I, in him, too!! :lol:

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
I got to see The Last in theaters here, actually and I was just really hoping that the other folks here and such would get a shot at seeing the new one, fingers crossed that more countries & territories get a chance with this one, too. (The DBZ film seems to've helped with that as well).

X :neo:

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
The Last is out on BluRay/DVD, so if you haven't seen it, you need to get on that. Also- muthafukkin' Boruto hits theaters here tomorrow!!!!

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
Some rad interviews with Masashi Kishimoto from NYCC

(I would absolutely die to see a TMNT x Naruto crossover happen)

Also, the Boruto trailer that they talk about in the last interview:

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
I am literally at a loss for great things to say about the movie. You can really tell that Kishimoto wrote the whole thing (no minor continuity goofs like young Naruto's kagebunshin in The Last), and the story is an AWESOME motivation to just dig back into the series, and it is unbelievably fantastic. Just… yeah. Excellent feelings pumping through my veins.

I really do want to see more from Boruto & Co. in some format or other, and I think that it'd be interesting to explore the larger picture of what the Otsutsuki beings are in some venue -- potentially even separated from the series altogether.

But yeah, the latest two movies absolutely NEED to be seen if you're a fan of the series.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
You were apparently unaware of the existence of the Next Generation Project that was announced when the series wrapped up then. If they just keep coming up with quality content, I don't see any negative to that.

aszach01

Pro Adventurer
You were apparently unaware of the existence of the Next Generation Project that was announced when the series wrapped up then. If they just keep coming up with quality content, I don't see any negative to that.

I meant not to offend you but the quality content of Naruto ended when Naruto part 1 ended.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
I meant not to offend you but the quality content of Naruto ended when Naruto part 1 ended.

None taken! You're entitled to your (wrong) opinion. :awesomonster:

Really though -- if you're not interested in anything from Shippuden on, this isn't the thread for you. All of us have been enjoying Shippuden and post-Shippuden stuff, which is what Naruto has been for about 8 years now. I'm sure there're plenty of other thread here for you to discuss things you DO like though. ;)

Splintered

unsavory tart
Nah I've been critical of Naruto since the end of the Pein arc. It's just that Naruto has been a huge part of my fandom life, I can't seem to let it go. I want it to be better, for the longest time I was defending it from people who've been complaining about it since the end of part 1, but it's one of those things. Can't live with it, can't live without it.

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato

None taken! You're entitled to your (wrong) opinion. :awesomonster:

Really though -- if you're not interested in anything from Shippuden on, this isn't the thread for you. All of us have been enjoying Shippuden and post-Shippuden stuff, which is what Naruto has been for about 8 years now. I'm sure there're plenty of other thread here for you to discuss things you DO like though. ;)

Hey, don't put words in our mouths. Boruto was admittedly a return to form of sorts cause he had an actual story to tell and didn't need to drag it out over myriad chapters but other then that Naruto hasn't been impressing me.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
My main point of that statement is that, unlike a LOT of the Naruto fandom places out there, this thread isn't around as an, "omg Naruto sucks now, right?" type place. (That's probably why this is literally the only place that I discuss the manga at all). You're allowed to have an opinion about what you like about it and don't, but if you don't at least generally enjoy what it's been for the last 8 years, don't just show up to complain that there's gonna be more of it.

tl;dr - There're enough places with toxic Naruto fandom that this doesn't have to be one of them.

Splintered

unsavory tart
Obviously the "Naruto sucks all the balls now" isn't conducive to discussion, but criticism is par of the course.

There's a lot I don't like about post Naruto. I didn't like The Last. I didn't like Kaguya. Orochimaru makes me roll around in my grave.

I mean, I was disappointed in how Sakura's story ended, and I've been a fan of Sakura since long before Part II existed. You know how hard that is? But if you complain in Sakura circles you basically get heckled out. Not liking X doesn't mean you hate the character or the story in general. It means I wished for better.

I get it though, the Narutofandom is huge and lots of people are talking, parts of the fandom almost ruined the manga for me (even more). But venting is part of the package deal.

Also I think the whole episodic-FFVII is getting to me and making me feel negative all around.

EDIT: I mean... how is Hinata still a friggin chuunin?

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
@Your last/edited comment: The smartest person in the world can not have a PHD if they don't take the required tests. A label isn't an inherent indicator of capability.

Also: focus your salt. No need to spread it around. :P

aszach01

Pro Adventurer
A certain series will have some criticisms as well as thread like this. You can't possibly think that a thread such as this will have everything positive about the content of it.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
Yeah, but there's a difference between making criticisms and just making sweeping blanket statements complaining about things like, "quality content of Naruto ended when Naruto part 1 ended" and blind negative assumptions about completely unreleased/unrevealed content like, "Kishi's milking this so much."

As an example, it's like going into a thread about Star Wars Episode VII just to say that the original trilogy was the only good part of Star Wars ever made, and it's dumb that they're milking the series' popularity by making more of it.

Like… we get that what the series is now isn't your jam, but why are you coming in just to bitch about it, and not actually contribute to the discussion at all?

aszach01

Pro Adventurer
Yeah, but there's a difference between making criticisms and just making sweeping blanket statements complaining about things like, "quality content of Naruto ended when Naruto part 1 ended" and blind negative assumptions about completely unreleased/unrevealed content like, "Kishi's milking this so much."

As an example, it's like going into a thread about Star Wars Episode VII just to say that the original trilogy was the only good part of Star Wars ever made, and it's dumb that they're milking the series' popularity by making more of it.

Like… we get that what the series is now isn't your jam, but why are you coming in just to bitch about it, and not actually contribute to the discussion at all?

I would give plenty of examples on why I said the quality of Naruto ended in part 1 most specifically on how inconsistent the writing of Kishi is, I can also say plenty of plotholes in shippuden weather its about the story or characters but id rather not cuz I don't want this discussion to go further most specifically arguing things like this. So I apologize once again if I offended you.

Top Bottom