• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Naruto Anime/Manga (Manga Spoilers Not Tagged) [WSJ]

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
How has the anime been lately? I haven't watched it in ages.
Where did you stop?

I stopped proper watching at the end of the vanilla series. :monster: I watched through a bunch of Shippuden until filler arcs took a bigger hold, and then occasionally jumped in to watch the "canon" episodes from time to time, but largely supplemented that urge by playing the Ultimate Ninja Storm games. There was a conflict during the Shinobi War that I watched, but I'm not sure which one.

X :neo:

Lulcielid

Eyes of the Lord
AKA
Lulcy
I stopped proper watching at the end of the vanilla series. :monster: I watched through a bunch of Shippuden until filler arcs took a bigger hold, and then occasionally jumped in to watch the "canon" episodes from time to time, but largely supplemented that urge by playing the Ultimate Ninja Storm games. There was a conflict during the Shinobi War that I watched, but I'm not sure which one.

If you´ve been using the UNS games as supplement then I think you should be fine (though I think some fights are better presented in the anime).
The episodes/arcs following the final Naruto vs Sasuke have been for the most part enjoyable on ok (and at times fun).

Obsidian Fire

Ahk Morn!
AKA
The Engineer
Wow... end of an era...

One of the few things that made high school "worth" going though for me was finding out that this series existed. It ultimately ended up impacting how I relate to people in my head with the concept that what people do makes sense to them even if it doesn't make sense to you and that you have to stick yourself in their shoes to understand where they're coming from. And it managed to pull that off while making it clear that there's still going to be conflict even if you get where people are coming from. Which is a lot more then I can say for any number of efforts other people have made to help me relate to people better.

Because of that, it always been on my Top Five list of fictional works. Most fictional works I just walk away with thinking that they're a good story I might re-read. Some I can dive into because the world-building is so good. There aren't a lot give me reason to re-think how I do something, and Naruto definitely did that.

Lulcielid

Eyes of the Lord
AKA
Lulcy
This is it boys, it ended. I´m full of feelings. :(
tumblr_on9o67edyd1vdodfio1_1280.png

Lulcielid

Eyes of the Lord
AKA
Lulcy

Most relevant stuff from this special:

They had Hiroyuki Honda from the Weekly Shonen Jump Editorial Department as one of the guests. About 2/3rds of the way through they talk to him about it being an anime original story, and he says, "It's a story that can only be seen in the weekly anime." They then ask him if Kishimoto-sensei is involved, and he says that Kishimoto-sensei checks everything and gives the story an OK before it's broadcast.

This gives us a (vague) confirmation that Kishimoto is involved in the anime in some sort of capacity, like the manga.
Another detail, Ukyo Kodachi, who co-wrote the film with Kishimoto and writes the script for the manga, is credited as Story Supervisor for the anime.

Lulcielid

Eyes of the Lord
AKA
Lulcy
Boruto Episode 1 thoughts:

Animation was on POINT. The opening scene was JUST enough, not too much. It also looks like Naruto maybe isn't dead? since Kawaki said "sent". Seeing all the characters again just ahh... so nice. I love the Denki kid, the pacing was so nice in the episode. Just enough action, just enough slice of life. I'm fanboying man like seriously wtf what a great way to start off a new series.

A few nuances that I liked about Boruto was first when he failed throwing the kunai at the lever, he is still obvious still an amateur. Also, he talks the same way like Naruto with his "dattebayo".

It surprised me that Boruto is not popular at all in school. He made an even greater entrance at his first than Naruto did back then...And, got suspended as well...On the first day.

I do not understand why Sarada insulted Boruto. From her expression when she fist saw Boruto, it seemed like she was intrigued in him.

Shikadai is really awesome He is so mature for his age And, he is really smart as well. Temari and Shikamaru had a great child. They must be proud of him. He is being well raised.

I wonder what that dark aura might be....I also thought while watching it, that Himawari should be shorter, as she is a couple of years younger than Boruto, and all. She should be ,more or less, like she was in the OVA.

I wonder why Inojin does not consider Boruto worthy of his trust. Brouto is a troublemaker, but he is a good kid at heart, and a loyal friend at times. It was not good that Boruto put the blame of his tardiness on Shikadai.

The only known thing about the father of Denki, is that he is an abusive parent, and has the train business. He was in the war....I wonder who he might have been.

I really enjoyed it.

Inojin kind of reminded of Sai, based on how he was presented. I wonder when Mitsuki will come into the picture.

Lulcielid

Eyes of the Lord
AKA
Lulcy
Boruto episode 2 thoughts:

First thing to notice from the episode is that Boruto is pretty chil and cool guy, despite the shit talking from his peers he doesn't bite back (like Naruto would, which is a good contrast) and shurgs it off. He only gets serious when Iwabe got up in his face and hurt Denki.

The episode introduces another new anime characters, Iwabe and Sumire.
Iwabe could work as an OK rival type character but, is uncertain if the anime will take hin that route.
Sumire is filling the role of the class re, cause we always need that character in a schoolish setting!

Another character that gets introduction is Inojin, and the episode does a find job in characterizing him as a guy with a very straight way to communicate his thoughts which could annoy some characters.

The episode has its second fight in the whole show and you can notice a certain dipe in quality, fortunatelly is nothing major, nothing is horribly drawn and composed, just the chereography being a bit janky in the character movements.

Overall an enjoyable episode.

Last edited:

Lulcielid

Eyes of the Lord
AKA
Lulcy
Late write up.

Episode 3 thoughts:

Despite what the title might suggest, Metal Lee is not the central character of the episode but rather a device to kinda develop Shikadai and the trio (Shikadai, Inojin, Boruto) relatioship with M.Lee.

The episode continues teasing Boruto's special eye power, the show gives the possibility that it might be Byakugan related but I personally don't think is the case, I my money is on it being a completely new doujutsu.

The strange dark aura possesing people with downer/negative feelings appears once in this episode. This time we are given a sort of hint of what the source might be (a strange looking creature), right now there seens to be no correlation between this creature and the character of Kawaki but, it's possible for it to be a summon of his(?). We will still have to keep playing the waiting for the reveal.

Another interesting thing that I noticed was Inojin's use of color in his scroll beast summons, that would make for an interesting contrast with his father use of pure black.

Highlight of the episode is of course the teamwork between the trio vs M.Lee. The conbination of transformation+scroll beast+shadow possession was neat.

Episode 4 thoughts:

Shino. Worst. Teacher. Ever.
Not only does he fuel animosity between the genders inside of his class but he also blows up the school with his traps. How is he not fired already? However, I think it's kind of cool that he just didn't simply let them fight each other but compete to get the flag. It's training and solving their issues at the the same time. And it succeeded since at the end they all got along just fine.

Speaking of Shino, it seens that the anime wants to give some sort of focus to him which for me it's fine, he used to the character that was there and that occasionally the anime made meta-jokes how he is always forgotten.

fancy

pants
AKA
Fancy
^My first thought was, "Sakura" only 'cause I never got the impression that Kishi ever cared about her very much. Then it was this same line of logic that lead me to believe that it couldn't be her because he doesn't care enough.

I have a feeling it's going to be an original Team 7 member though.

Lulcielid

Eyes of the Lord
AKA
Lulcy
Episode 8: The Dream's Revelation

I did not expect the anime to include Toneri in the story, that was pretty neat, it seens that he has some kind of omen reading powers.

After a few weeks of victim of the day episodes we finally start to focus on Boruto's strange eye power and what exactly it is. Boruto propose it to be the Byakugan but the episode itself questions whatever that's true due to the uncoventional ways in which his eye power was awaken. This leads us to meet an old face from the show, Hiashi Hyuga, who will test Boruto in a fight. I´m liking where this is going, the boy needs an adult kicking some senses into him :P

Overall good episode, I would have only cut short Boruto's ego a bit.

Last edited:

Lulcielid

Eyes of the Lord
AKA
Lulcy
Boruto Episode 14 bullet point impressions:

• That fight animation was sexy, animation overall was great.
  • Boruto seems really close with his clones. I think they're going to go with quality over quantity, concerning his usage of them throughout the series
  • So sumire is a water style user. those water bullets were cool
  • Mitsuki again climbing the ranks of being the best character
  • I was not expecting the nue to be cute. it was like entei in this ep
  • I actually liked the tnj. it wasn't like naruto's where he just projects to the heavens. it was grounded and made sense.
  • Tumblr is going to have a ball with the boruto x sumire ship ..
  • I'm glad sumire is alive. her death would've been interesting to see, but whatever. she's my new favorite female character.
  • Really liked how sai is going to make an effort to help sumire. gj with his development, Studio Pierrot.
  • Ep was good. kinda how i expected it to go but there were some twists

Episode synopsis for ep15-19 are out. Naruto Gaiden: The Seventh Hokage and the Scarlet Spring official adaptation would start on episode 19 (August 9th).

Last edited:

Lulcielid

Eyes of the Lord
AKA
Lulcy
It's been a while but I finall catch up to the lastest episode.

Episode 25 impressions:

The start of the new arc seens promising. Sending Boruto and company outside of the Hidden Leaf is an interesting direction for the series to take. The war may be over, but as we've seen, its memory is still fresh in the minds of many shinobi, which will presumably serve as the impetus for the story that unfolds. The Mist Village being the chosen location is interesting, considering it's the village that had the most drastic impact in Naruto's story.

Currently the series has a feeling that it will take a while before it starts gearing torward the chunin exams but that's ok, so long as it can keep up with bringing enjoyable enough stories until then I will still be waiting with patience.

Score: 3.25/5

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
I should dive in and see what I think of this now that there're a substantial amount of episodes out. Is there anywhere in particular that's good for watching this?

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
How are the official subs? I haven't really watched any of the Naruto anime in a long time until recently when my lady and I started watching them together.

Top Bottom