New Dissidia Arcade Game (NT)

I am almost unable to enjoy that new opening. The editing is horrendously fast-paced. If only the intro dared to be, say, thirty seconds longer by having the camera dwell a few more frames on each shot it would be much better for the eyes. As it is now I'm getting a headache from the cinematic.

A great intro to extract frames from and absorb the eye candy but not a good video to actually watch.

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato
I like how Cloud isn't the only one in a "post-game" garb. Lightning and Y'shtola are in their FFXIII-3 and Heavensward outfits respectively (and saw someone on social media say Cecil is in his After Years garb but it looks like his regular Dissidia Amano inspired outfit to me). Guess they really meant it when they said the characters would be post-game in the story cutscenes development-wise.

Cecil is indeed is just in normal game garb, as are Golbez, Bartz, Tidus, Vaan and Noctis and Heavensward is very much still FFXIV. Lightning and Cloud are in a very weird minority here.

Blade

That Man
AKA
Darkside-Ky/Mimeblade
I like that brief encounter with Lightning... just a "hint" of "Versus" in the air.

And I'm glad they are still "aware" of Cosmos.

ChipNoir

Pro Adventurer
I find the concept of Ultimecia and CoD combining an attack to be interesting. Probably just for the sake of the video, but it'd be a nifty concept to build into the game later where characters can combine skills for even greater attacks.

aaaand once again it's "We Must Protect Terra!" Although thankfully it's another female, and both of those are saved by yet a third female, rather than playing the EVERY MAN PROTECT THE DAMSEL trope.

I''m a little worried about how all these cutscenes are in this super boring wasteland. I hope they're all just in transition to the actual locations we fight in...

Blade

That Man
AKA
Darkside-Ky/Mimeblade
I find the concept of Ultimecia and CoD combining an attack to be interesting. Probably just for the sake of the video, but it'd be a nifty concept to build into the game later where characters can combine skills for even greater attacks.

giphy.gif

Just Saiyan'.

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Sailor Moon, Mini Moon, Hotaru, Cardcaptor Sakura, Meilin, Xion, Kairi, Aqua, Tifa, Aerith, Yuffie, Elena, Misty, May, Dawn, Casey, Fiona, Ellie
It looks awesome and all, and the game does come out next month(next year). I got the impression that this game will be somewhat similiar to the Tekken Franchise and Super Smash Bros Brawl, gameplay-ish wise.

ChipNoir

Pro Adventurer
It looks awesome and all, and the game does come out next month(next year). I got the impression that this game will be somewhat similiar to the Tekken Franchise and Super Smash Bros Brawl, gameplay-ish wise.

Mmm, no. It's closest to Kingdom Hearts: Free-roam attack-and-dodge spamming, only with instanced attacks rather than button spam.

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Sailor Moon, Mini Moon, Hotaru, Cardcaptor Sakura, Meilin, Xion, Kairi, Aqua, Tifa, Aerith, Yuffie, Elena, Misty, May, Dawn, Casey, Fiona, Ellie

Mmm, no. It's closest to Kingdom Hearts: Free-roam attack-and-dodge spamming, only with instanced attacks rather than button spam.

That too, but what I'm saying is, it's not really like enemies such as Heartless and Nobodies appearing and such. Somewhat more like a combination of traditional FF gameplay(the first ten main ones I mean), Tekken, Super Smash Bros Brawl and Kingdom Hearts all in one.

I mean, with Tekken and Super Smash Bros, you don't get to freely roam around and go to shops or explore areas without a sudden boss fight appearing.

It's kinda the same with Dissidia. I don't know how else to describe it.

ChipNoir

Pro Adventurer

That too, but what I'm saying is, it's not really like enemies such as Heartless and Nobodies appearing and such. Somewhat more like a combination of traditional FF gameplay(the first ten main ones I mean), Tekken, Super Smash Bros Brawl and Kingdom Hearts all in one.

I mean, with Tekken and Super Smash Bros, you don't get to freely roam around and go to shops or explore areas without a sudden boss fight appearing.

It's kinda the same with Dissidia. I don't know how else to describe it.

IIRC, they described their initial concept as basically if they built an entire game around the kind of combat in the Sora Vs Rikku boss battle in KH1.

Dawnbreaker

~The Other Side of Fear~
well, I'm thoroughly delighted by what I've seen so far! If this doesn't tickle my fancy when I get it, I will fucking cry.

cold_spirit

he/him
AKA
Alex T
Bartz: "So uh, I'm glad you didn't forget about me."

Cloud: "I did... for a bit."

I feel like Cloud's voice actor fits the character, but he's given the lamest lines to work with...

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
Y'shtola being in her Heavensward design fills me with joy. Her badassitude is trebled.

This trailer was awesome.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Great trailer

cold_spirit said:
I feel like Cloud's voice actor fits the character, but he's given the lamest lines to work with...

Definitely true sometimes. I thought his "What did you do?!" sounded great.

Ryuman

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Pointlessname, Pointer
Yep. Certainly got my attention with all those cutscenes. I'll pick it up at some point.

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Nice. It looks like this will actually deal with a certain golden dangling plot thread from the previous games.

You mean Shinryu? Well, if that's the case, then the plot may be that he wasn't happy that Cosmos's Warriors(Warrior of Light, Firion, Onion Knight, Cecil, Bartz, Terra, Cloud, Squall, Zidane and Tidus) fought and defeated Chaos and all returned to their own worlds to live out their lives, as did those who faded but had also actually returned to their own worlds(Kain, Tifa, Yuna, Vaan and Lightning).

So when he saw that Materia and Spiritus bickering, he may have manipulated both to call upon the previous warriors as well as force new ones who are trying to save their own worlds and/or save humanity to find it a new home(Shantotto, Vaan, Lightning, Y'Shtola, and Noctis) to one; imprison them in a new and permament never-ending conflict, two; have all of their worlds destroyed as he pleases, and possibly three; to rule everything as the true God.

If that makes sense.

Unit-01

Might be around.
AKA
Sic, Anthony
This trailer was awesome, and got me hyped for it.

I will say near the end of it when it showing off a bunch of fighting it sounds like we hear Tifa, Kain(who sounds remarkably like Estinien), Yuna, and Gabranth. I don't know about the character dlc, or anything but if they do add these character and more it seems like they'll find a way to put them in the cut scenes too. Which if they add Zack would be awesome.

I really haven't been watching this game too closely but now that it comes out soon, I'm going to try and pick it up.

ultima espio

Pro Adventurer
I'm sure I heard Gabranth in there too. There's another female that I couldn't identify too, they are from 2:50 onwards.

I thought it was Materia, but I'm not sure. Kinda sounds like Ashe.

Speaking of Materia, I read something interesting on the wiki that I don't think was mentioned here:

Cosmos was erased at the end of 012, but her will survived and that's what formed Materia. Same deal with Chaos and Spiritus.

Which is basically what Warrior of Light meant in the trailer. I took it as someone else who took over rather than a reincarnation.

Last edited:
Top Bottom