New High Quality Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep Screenshots!

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
So the guy I've been kicking ass in for the past 2 games is actually
the guy I'm gonna be playing as for the PSP???? LMAO IRONY

Not quite. Same computer, different OS.

And this game is, in essence, LV, inventing the reason for KH3 to have conflict, and it should focus on the teen trio again.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
This story is convoluted as shit.

I'm disappointed and I'm not buying KH3. Square, you had a good thing going here, but I cannot bring myself to give a shit about any of these characters. Bring back some Disney plot, Final Fantasy crossover stupidity, and characters I actually give a shit about (hey Sora and Kairi, remember them? Riku? maybe?) and then we'll talk about you getting my money.

Bleh, sorry for the rant there. It's just... I put up with the whole "Organization XIII" bullshit story (okay parts of it were decent, I take that back. but seriously 13 new characters? the fuck?) I didn't care about in KH2, and instead of going back to the delicious simplicity of KH1 it just seems to be getting more and more complicated, and... well shit, I'm losing interest.

I bet I'm the only one, but man I'm really disappointed.

How the hell is it convoluted? The only thing that we don't get yet are what the Unversed are, and I'm sure that'll be explained once more translations come our way.

The damn Disney plot is there, but it never was the end-all be all of the KH universe.

And Sora, Riku, and Kairi appear in the ending and are hugely important to the plot. So I'm not sure what you're talking about. They pretty much take a two-by-four to your head, in stating the plot will be about those three.

Winter

8ad 8r8k
AKA
oddishness, like vines, azula, femshep, winter
How the hell is it convoluted? The only thing that we don't get yet are what the Unversed are, and I'm sure that'll be explained once more translations come our way.

The damn Disney plot is there, but it never was the end-all be all of the KH universe.

And Sora, Riku, and Kairi appear in the ending and are hugely important to the plot. So I'm not sure what you're talking about. They pretty much take a two-by-four to your head, in stating the plot will be about those three.

I don't know, I was hoping the whole series would stick with the more simplistic PRINCESS OF HEART stories, rather than sparkly men and over 9000 new characters. I mean seriously Disney has an abundance of characters to work with, why keep making new shit?

I know that the gang's coming back, but seriously this whole entire game was centered around a dude that we hadn't even HEARD of in the original game.

It's not that I have an issue with just the NEXT game, I've been butthurt about the story's direction since KH2. I'm just pissing and moaning about how with stupid shit like THE UNVERSED it only seems to be getting more complicated.

butthurt being the key word here, in my case. :monster: VOICING MY OPINIONS AND STUFF

Ghost X

In my opinion, the more characters the better as long as it is well written, and they aren't just thrown in because they might be needed for one scene, and then sort of gather dust for the rest of the series.

DrakeClawfang

The Wanderer of Time
I don't know, I was hoping the whole series would stick with the more simplistic PRINCESS OF HEART stories, rather than sparkly men and over 9000 new characters. I mean seriously Disney has an abundance of characters to work with, why keep making new shit?

Agreed, original plots suck. Why can't they go back to recycling the plot of Disney movies and just stick Sora in somewhere?

I know that the gang's coming back, but seriously this whole entire game was centered around a dude that we hadn't even HEARD of in the original game.

Agreed again, why do they feel the need to introduce new characters? Just feature Mickey's power trio and Sora's power trio, new characters can gtfo.

It's not that I have an issue with just the NEXT game, I've been butthurt about the story's direction since KH2. I'm just pissing and moaning about how with stupid shit like THE UNVERSED it only seems to be getting more complicated.

OMG, I know! How dare Nomura try and create a complex plot, I've come to expect more from him. Remember Nomura's glory days, FF7 and FF8? Straight-forward simple plots with no complications or complexity to them. Good times, good times...

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal

Cause KH isn't just about Disney? Its a collaboration between Square AND Disney?

We did hear of Xehanort before. And Terra, and Aqua were referenced in KH2. As were other heroes of the keyblade.

butthurt being the key word here, in my case. :monster: VOICING MY OPINIONS AND STUFF

Well I would like to know what the Unversed are too, cause from what it sounds like so far, they sound exactly the same as Heartless. If that's all they are, that is pretty damn stupid. :monster:

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Sonique, Quexinos, Pinkie Pie, Derpy Hooves
The plots are getting a lot more complicated... I kind of liked it when it was simple Sora Donald and Goofy fighting Heartless... but as long as it's well written, I can't help but enjoy it.

I do have a problem with them constantly jumping systems however, I would love to play BBS but I can't, no PSP -_-.. and I already spent about half of my christmas money on One Piece DVDs. :monster:

DrakeClawfang

The Wanderer of Time
Well I would like to know what the Unversed are too, cause from what it sounds like so far, they sound exactly the same as Heartless. If that's all they are, that is pretty damn stupid. :monster:

Good point there, Heartless are the hearts of people who fall into darkness, which can be caused by intense negative emotions. The Unversed are
beings born from the negative emotions of humans
, same basic thing.

I preferred the theory that the Unversed represent the "soul" as Heartless are hearts and Nobodies are bodies. Their original "Unbirth" name, and their "opposite of human life" thing seemed to support that, and it would have made perfect sense within the canon. But this is just weird, and I don't even fully understand how its supposed to work. Lemme pull something right out of my ass, right now, make it up right now.

Unbirths are the corrupted essence of human souls. Souls normally exist in the Realm of In Between as beings born with a balance of Darkness and Light, and await the moment a human life begins to bond themselves to a heart and soul. The Heart gives the human intelligence and emotion, the Body gives the human form, and the Soul gives the human life. Without the Soul, the Heart and Body would be an unblinking doll. The Unbirths are souls with an imbalance of darkness that have crossed over from the Realm of In Between under the control of Master Xehanort. As beings with an unbalanced amount of darkness in them, they seek the light of balanced souls to restore their own.
There, not my best work but it works, right?

What I'd also like to know is why, before Xehanort began his experiments, there were no Heartless or Nobodies. People become Heartless when they're overtaken by their own negative emotions, the darkness in their own heart - Scar is a perfect example of this, he was a normal being (lion, but a normal lion) who became overtaken by his own hatred and became a Heartless.

You can't tell me that until Xehanort began his experiments that no one in the history of the KH world was evil or used the powers of darkness. Everyone was good and pure and no darkness existed in their hearts, than Xehanort comes around and poof, Heartless everywhere. No way.

Last edited:

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
Good point there, Heartless are the hearts of people who fall into darkness, which can be caused by intense negative emotions. The Unversed are
beings born from the negative emotions of humans
, same basic thing.

Well that's what the Emblem Heartless are. The pureblood heartless are literal beings of darkness created from the darkness of the heart. They are pure darkness elementals.

So the Unversed sound like the same thing as pureblood heartless. Negative emotions...create darkness.

The Unversed have to be related to the heartless. It sounds like they're the precursor of heartless.

I preferred the theory that the Unversed represent the "soul" as Heartless are hearts and Nobodies are bodies. Their original "Unbirth" name, and their "opposite of human life" thing seemed to support that, and it would have made perfect sense within the canon. But this is just weird, and I don't even fully understand how its supposed to work.

Maybe they're saving those enemies for KH3.

What I'd also like to know is why, before Xehanort began his experiments, there were no Heartless or Nobodies. People become Heartless when they're overtaken by their own negative emotions, the darkness in their own heart - Scar is a perfect example of this, he was a normal being (lion, but a normal lion) who became overtaken by his own hatred and became a Heartless.

Would make sense if Vanitas was the first heartless and thus started the cataclysm that caused heartless to finally be capable of existing. I guess Unversed are somehow the ancestors of heartless....

You can't tell me that until Xehanort began his experiments that no one in the history of the KH world was evil or used the powers of darkness. Everyone was good and pure and no darkness existed in their hearts, than Xehanort comes around and poof, Heartless everywhere. No way.

Sure you can. The Heartless are anomalies. If heartless existed since the beginning of time, then humanity would be nearly extent, given how long the heartless would be in existence and the sheer numbers they would have. They'd outnumber all life in the universe.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
o yeah I forgot:

did they ever say why Ven looked like Roxas? or are we supposed to chalk that up to coincidence?

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
o yeah I forgot:

did they ever say why Ven looked like Roxas? or are we supposed to chalk that up to coincidence?

If Ven's heart is now apart of Sora, then it makes sense Roxas would look like Ventus.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
ooohhh, okay you're right, thanks...
.... Ven's heart is apart of Sora?... christ I need to catch up XD

DrakeClawfang

The Wanderer of Time
If Ven's heart is now apart of Sora, then it makes sense Roxas would look like Ventus.

Makes more sense when you think
Vanitas looks like a black-haired Sora. So if Ven's darkness looks like Sora, Sora's Nobody looks like Ventus.

No comments on my "Unbirth" theory Mako? :monster:

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Yeah sorry I do remember you saying that now... my memory sucks sometimes, especially when I don't care so much about Ven and I wanna know more about Even :monster: I sorta skipped over his part.. my bad

One thing though, doesn't some of this kind of imply that Sora was already going to be chosen to be the keyblade master which contradicts what it says in KH that the keyblade was going to chose Riku but then chose Sora instead?

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
Makes more sense when you think
Vanitas looks like a black-haired Sora. So if Ven's darkness looks like Sora, Sora's Nobody looks like Ventus.

No comments on my "Unbirth" theory Mako? :monster:

Yeah, clearly Sora and Ventus are connected.

And your theory makes sense. It'll probably be utilized in KH3 :monster:

@Quexinos

What are you talking about? Sora and Ven's connection has nothing to do with who the keyblade of the realm of light was going to choose.

DrakeClawfang

The Wanderer of Time
Yup, there's that too. IIRC though, the Keyblade originally chose Riku because he was stronger, then he gave into darkness so the Keyblade went to Sora. But if it was always meant to be Sora's, then Riku was never the real wielder in the first place. I guess Nomura destiny works in mysterious ways.

And your theory makes sense. It'll probably be utilized in KH3 :monster:
I can has approval?

EDIT - Since I can has approval, you can has subtitled ending.

So it seems
I was wrong, that is indeed Ansem with Aqua. He talks about doing terrible things to Sora and his friends in the name of vengeance, definitely Ansem. But he also says it's been a year since he saw Sora - so the secret ending is a year after KH2. He also mentions "hiding his research data" in Sora while he slept, so maybe that explains KH:coded? Sora says he has to "put back every connected to him", and Kairi hands him her good luck charm and tells him to hurry back.

Yeah, KH3 is coming for sure, no question now. And hey, a year after KH2 puts Sora and Kairi at 16 and Riku at 17. Kiss scene? ;p

Last edited:

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
Drake, can you tell me what that X-Blade Keyblade of Vanitas's is?

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Yeah, KH3 is coming for sure, no question now. And hey, a year after KH2 puts Sora and Kairi at 16 and Riku at 17. Kiss scene? ;p
Oh dear god please no no no no no SoRiku forever...

DrakeClawfang

The Wanderer of Time
Wish I knew. Apparently Vanitas discovers it, and in a battle with Ventus and Aqua is destroyed. I would assume that the pieces somehow formed the Kingdom Key and Kingdom Key D (Mickey's), but they haven't directly said so yet.

Oh dear god please no no no no no SoRiku forever...

SoraxKairi's implied romance is just as heavy-handed as CloudxTifa, so feel free to gtfo.

EDIT - Cool, Kairi's Keyblade has a name. Apparently, Aqua gets the flowery Keyblade Kairi uses in KH2 from the young Kairi in BBS. It's called "Destiny Place".....could have gone with worse.

Last edited:

Loxetta

Pro Adventurer
I think the difference between Unversed and Heartless is pretty clear.

Unversed = souls corrupted by negative thoughts
Heartless = hearts drenched in darkness
Nobodies = Bodies+souls without hearts

O wait:

The Heart gives the human intelligence and emotion, the Body gives the human form, and the Soul gives the human life.

:fail:

If that was the case then Orgy 13 should have all been droolers.

@Mumble: YES BUT HOW?! *wail*

DrakeClawfang

The Wanderer of Time
Besides Kairi's Keyblade, we now have an explanation for why Terra's Keyblade in BBS looks different from the one seen used by Lingering Sentiment in KH2FM. Apparently, at one point Terra has to choose someone to inherit the Keyblade. He chooses Riku, and his Keyblade takes on the form see used by LS, called "Gaia Bane". So the redesigned Keyblade is "Earth Shaker", and the original design from KH2 is "Gaia Bane".

Further, Ven's Keyblade is "Fresh Breeze", and Aqua's is "Rainfall".

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
SoraxKairi's implied romance is just as heavy-handed as CloudxTifa, so feel free to gtfo.
Pfft... yeah he finds Kairi and he's like ... "Yeah hey.. *bored*" SHE hugs him and he FROWNS... then he finds Riku, he takes Riku's hand, fall down on his knees and weeps... yeah...

DrakeClawfang

The Wanderer of Time
Pfft... yeah he finds Kairi and he's like ... "Yeah hey.. *bored*" SHE hugs him and he FROWNS... then he finds Riku, he takes Riku's hand, fall down on his knees and weeps... yeah...

Yes, because he definitely didn't spent all of KH1 traveling worlds looking for Kairi, he definitely didn't sacrifice his own heart to save her, or embrace her upon reuniting with her. And Sora's memories DEFINITELY didn't revolve around Kairi to the point his mind couldn't restored without his memories of Kairi from Roxas and Xion. Or when Roxas addresses Kairi in KH2 as "You're that girl he likes." Oh yeah, and he gets on his knees and begs Saix to let him see her.

Yeah, KairixSora, total fanon. Hmmm, gotta debute a new caption now, gimme a few minutes.

Last edited:

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Yes, because he definitely didn't spent all of KH1 traveling worlds looking for Kairi
He spent all of KH2 looking for Riku :monster:

he definitely didn't sacrifice his own heart to save her
Well Riku sacrificed his heart to save Sora in a way. Would you say that Riku is romantically interested in Sora then?

or embrace her upon reuniting with her.
She hugged HIM, he just draped his arms around her and seems to forget all about that when he finds Riku.

And Sora's memories DEFINITELY didn't revolve around Kairi to the point his mind couldn't restored without his memories of Kairi from Roxas and Xion.
His memories couldn't be restored without anyone really. Not just Kairi.

Or when Roxas addresses Kairi in KH2 as "You're that girl he likes."
LIKES. Not loves, LIKES!

Oh yeah, and he gets on his knees and begs Saix to let him see her.
he also falls down on his knees upon meeting Riku so...

:bigawesomonster:

Top Bottom