New Pokemon Games:Pokemon X and Y is scheduled for the 3DS

Gym Leader Devil

True Master of the Dark-type (suck it Piers)
AKA
So many names
4x weakness. If I wasn't already used to it thanks to Spiny (Cacturne) and Hella (Weavile) it might almost turn me off of using it.

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
Jesse McCree. I feel like a New Man
I assume dark/fighting will be weak to flying types. I love the robin looking pokemon! Ladies and gentlemen, my new Skyangel! :D (I have a habit of keeping a bird in my team and always female, named her Skyangel. My absolute fave is always my female Swellow. STRONG POKEMON!)

Gym Leader Devil

AKA
So many names
I assume dark/fighting will be weak to flying types.

Also weak to Fighting, since Fighting does not resist itself :monster: A thing I forgot a few times when I was training my first Scrafty.

I love the robin looking pokemon! Ladies and gentlemen, my new Skyangel! :D (I have a habit of keeping a bird in my team and always female, named her Skyangel. My absolute fave is always my female Swellow. STRONG POKEMON!)

Talonflame might be a bit silly of a name, but it DOES look badass as hell. Sadly, it'll have to wait until post Elite Four training from me, since I'll already have a Fennekin (and it'll be doomed in the competitive circuit thanks to its 4x Rock weakness, just like Charizard before it).

And a brofist for you for your Swellow love man, that was my Flying-type back in Hoenn. Once I got Big Bird the First going she was damn hard to stop. Of all the Normal/Flying dual-types out there, only Staraptor gets more love from me. Love Swellow so much, I named my Staraptor after my first Swellow (said Staraptor being Big Bird the second).

For all my pokemon games I always have an all female teams.

My main Dark-team (as seen in my sig) is entirely female. Deadiest of the species and all that... unless the species is 100% male like the Hitmons or Tauros I guess :trainermon:

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
It looks like a good combination. MEH! Whatever weakness I can't counter, I will break with dragon power. Lance ain't got shit with my league of dragons Reginald the Dragonite, Timmi the Salamence and Aki the Flygon. I'm kinda scared now with fairies in Gen 6 now ready to counter us.

All my birds are called Skyangels and I got a sufficient squadron (Pidgeot, Starraptor and Swellow) but the true Skyangel is always Swellow.

Anyone knows what ROM is used to run Pokemon Black? All my desmune emulators are all hanging when I got my pokemon black ROM to run. I can't hold it anymore and I wanna get my hands on a Deino to bring up to Hydreigon to make my dragon trio. :'[ Up till now, Reginald and Timmi are my dragons and I throw in Monster X the Tyranitar to make up for the lack of a 3rd dragon. Now I really wanna add the Hydreigon/Keiser Ghidohra with Reg and Tim. (Also a cheap excuse to breed Reg with his milotic to get a feebas who KNOWS Iron Tail :trainermon: )

jazzflower92

Pro Adventurer
AKA
The Girl With A Strong Opinion

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
Still, that's like saying Galadriel from LOTR can beat the shit out of Smaug. ; ___ ;

Gym Leader Devil

AKA
So many names
Galadriel from LOTR, maybe not. Mab, Queen of Air and Darkness, as presented in the Dresden Files? Yeah, that one could probably take Smaug. Also the new sword-legged, jagged horned, pretty yet deadly looking Legendary is a Fairy-type, so someone at Game Freak at least remembers Faeries can be freaky.

jazzflower92

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Galadriel from LOTR, maybe not. Mab, Queen of Air and Darkness, as presented in the Dresden Files? Yeah, that one could probably take Smaug. Also the new sword-legged, jagged horned, pretty yet deadly looking Legendary is a Fairy-type, so someone at Game Freak at least remembers Faeries can be freaky.

Yeah, and if Game Freak ever creates a banshee pokemon I hope its a Fairy/Ghost type because believe it or not banshees are actually a type of Irish fairy.

Come to think of it France itself has a history of fairy lore itself. It is the home of Charles Perrault the famous fairy tale writer. This guy came way before the Grimms and believe it or not some of his versions of stories are actually a little bit more brutal than the Grimm's versions. Some examples would be Little Red Riding Hood and Sleeping Beauty which in his version were a little bit more grislier. The only story that is a little bit softer than the Grimms was Cinderella. He also wrote his version of Mother Goose as well.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Perrault

Last edited:

Gym Leader Devil

AKA
So many names
Yeah, and if Game Freak ever creates a banshee pokemon I hope its a Fairy/Ghost type because believe it or not banshees are actually a type of Irish fairy.

And its ability had better be Forewarn or something similar. Something like the way Croagunk's Anticipation makes it shudder when it senses a super-effective attack on the opponent, only with the Beansidhe crying and wailing when it senses a super-effective move that would hurt its teammates instead of itself maybe.

jazzflower92

Pro Adventurer
AKA
And its ability had better be Forewarn or something similar. Something like the way Croagunk's Anticipation makes it shudder when it senses a super-effective attack on the opponent, only with the Beansidhe crying and wailing when it senses a super-effective move that would hurt its teammates instead of itself maybe.

That would defiantly be a good idea.:joy:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cat_Sìth

Do you know what would be even cooler; a Fairy type pokemon based on the Cat Sith.

Gym Leader Devil

AKA
So many names
Its bound to happen eventually. And we can always use another GOOD cat Pokemon. I'm looking at some of the abilities they've revealed that are connected to Fairy-types (albeit only a few have been revealed) and they sound awesome. Fairy Aura, exactly like Yvetal's Dark Aura but for Fairy-types. Sweet Veil, prevents any of the users allies from being put to sleep (great for multi-battles). Oh, and they already have a health draining move in Draining Kiss too. Yeah, now that I'm over the surprise I'm sorta eager to catch a few of these things and see how badass they can be.

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
Guys need help with Black, I've noticed that my Tepig named Piggywiggy isn't gaining exp when fighting cheren and bianca. THEN doesn't gain exp when fighting a wild mon, THEN doesn't gain EXP while fighting N. This is the part where I stopped and have doubts. How the fuck is piggy and the others not levelling up (a level 2 patrat and level 2 lillypup in my team) not even growing? they have a white bar below the HP that gives EXP right?? is there an event I have to cross before they can gain EXP or is my ROM fucked?

edit: nevermind, I stumbled on an old ROM with anti-piracy measures...BUT GUESS WHAT! I BYPASSED IT! UNOVA prepare. For the Dragon god and his mermaid queen will sweep you off your feet.

Last edited:

Gym Leader Devil

AKA
So many names
So, as I continue to obsess over this game and count the days till I can start wrecking the Kalos region's shit, I'm seeing some stuff pop up about the region itself from sources like bulbapedia. For one, it's got a hell of a lot of rivers and waterways running all over it. Sounds very Hoenn-ish, and I'll be honest the water routes were one of my least favorite things about Gen III (that and the changes made to fishing). Let's hope there are more than freaking Tentacruel and Pelliper (or expies of the same) out there. Be nice to surf a water route and see more than two Pokemon species for a change.

Edit: Oh shit, also forgot to mention some more Yvetal and Xerneas stuff. Their signature moves have been revealed, with Xerneas getting the Fairy-type move Geomancy (which looks from what little I've seen of it to cause pretty gemstones to erupt out of the ground and tear the foe up, not unlike a shinier version of Stone Edge). No one knows anything about the base power or side effects yet, but just by that I'm gonna guess that it may have a high crit rate. Meanwhile Yvetal gets the awesomely named Dark-type attack Oblivion Wing (not a borking clue what it does period). Funny enough, it was apparently called "Death Wing" originally, which of course would never fly in an English translation of a Pokemon game... and yet the changed version sounds so much more menacing and kickass than simple death would have. Cannot wait to see what it does... and hopefully it finally breaks the 100 base power ceiling for the Dark-type.

Last edited:

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
I'm now terrified of faeries. Why do they have to make another god damned type, it was hard enough organizing my team in Unova now I have to contend with this new type and how to fix it with my gen 6 folk. I tell ya 6 is not enough anymore for a party member when you also have HMs to consider. We need 8 with a move pool of 5 in a mon to keep the balance of Kalos' journey.

Gym Leader Devil

AKA
So many names
You could easily wean yourself onto the new type, just get a Fairy that's dual-typed with something familiar like Water or Psychic (Gardevoir?) and go from there. I didn't like the idea either when they announced it, but now I'm coming around. Albeit looking back at this thread, the Banshee Pokemon jazz and I were discussing already exists in the form of Misdreavus. Maybe her type will get retconned too?

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
It's just too damn difficult organizing my team the more these creators create more and more types out there without any room for me to use them later, 6 is seriously no longer enough to be frank. I treat my mons like my best men and a new type, another 150 more and finally a very limited room for the party as well as movepool not to mention HMs. Unova thankfully waned them down to just cut, fly and surf. But ahh what the hell, a new world and a new place to recreate Dragonite and Milotic on <3.

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
Apologies for doubles post but I gotta say, they better have a T-Rex fossile and Triceratops fossil for this generation because damn we have a cool Ptero type with Aerodactyl but I need legitimate Dinosaurs man. I wanna put up a Jurassic park pokemon team someday.

jazzflower92

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Apologies for doubles post but I gotta say, they better have a T-Rex fossile and Triceratops fossil for this generation because damn we have a cool Ptero type with Aerodactyl but I need legitimate Dinosaurs man. I wanna put up a Jurassic park pokemon team someday.

I wonder if they would do a Velociraptor pokemon because they would be really cool. Although if they researched what those things really looked like they would be small and feathered.

Gym Leader Devil

AKA
So many names

Rampardos and Bastiodon say hello :P Also, Tyrannitar has T. rex covered doesn't it?

I wonder if they would do a Velociraptor pokemon because they would be really cool. Although if they researched what those things really looked like they would be small and feathered.

Archeops says hello :monster: Sure its technically based on Archaeopteryx, but its design still screams "dromaeosaur" to me. And its small and feathered to boot :D

As for fossils in Gen VI, rumor has it that we might be getting Ice Age inspired monsters this time around, perhaps a Saber-toothed cat or Wooly Rhino or something.

jazzflower92

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Rampardos and Bastiodon say hello :P Also, Tyrannitar has T. rex covered doesn't it?

Archeops says hello :monster: Sure its technically based on Archaeopteryx, but its design still screams "dromaeosaur" to me. And its small and feathered to boot :D

As for fossils in Gen VI, rumor has it that we might be getting Ice Age inspired monsters this time around, perhaps a Saber-toothed cat or Wooly Rhino or something.

Ice Age now that is something a little different. I am all for a saber toothed tiger or a wooly rhino. Actually wooly rhinos don't have that much recognition in the media as the wooly mammoth.

Gym Leader Devil

AKA
So many names
If they go that route, I hope they do use the rhino. Mammoswine may in fact bea pig rather than an elephant, but it still covers mammoths pretty well with its design. I also wouldn't mind something a bit more obscure, honestly. I mean, how many people really got what Cradilly or Anorith were based on, and they were awesome designs.

Gym Leader Devil

AKA
So many names
Chalicotheres! THAT'S the one I was trying to remember earlier when thinking of slightly obscure prehistoric critters that'd make cool Pokemon. Yeah, that'd be awesome. Therizinosaurus might be neat, considering the claws on those things it would need Dragon Claw. Macrauchenia would be kinda cool too, especially if the other fossil is a Saber-tooth or possibly a Terror Bird of some sort.

jazzflower92

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Chalicotheres! THAT'S the one I was trying to remember earlier when thinking of slightly obscure prehistoric critters that'd make cool Pokemon. Yeah, that'd be awesome. Therizinosaurus might be neat, considering the claws on those things it would need Dragon Claw. Macrauchenia would be kinda cool too, especially if the other fossil is a Saber-tooth or possibly a Terror Bird of some sort.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dimetrodon

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gorgonopsid

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Therocephalian

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proterogyrinus

Here are some animals that came before the dinosaurs because they don't get as much attention as their more famous predecessors. I think the Dimetrodon would be the one I would be rooting for to be made into a pokemon.

Top Bottom