New Pokemon Games:Pokemon X and Y is scheduled for the 3DS

Theozilla

Kaiju Member
Sounds good, but how could you justify the sudden Steel-typing? Dragon makes sense, what with how Charizard looks like a dragon and all. But aside from being able to get Metal Claw and Steel Wing (possibly Iron Tail too I cba to check) what metallic affinity does Charizard have?

Also, I'm having visions of people making sure to teach various Pokemon Fling just so they can suddenly throw their Mega-inducing item away and switch their type up, throwing off whatever their opponent is attempting (IE a Mega-Ampharos suddenly uses Fling to ditch its Ice-type weakness at a strategic moment).

Well, does a type change resulting from a megaevolution really need to be "justified"? MegaAmpharos only gets its dragon typing from 電竜 denryū meaning electric dragon even though is line comes from sheep.

As I said the steel type could be incorporated into the design to give it an armored/mecha type look, like Mecha King Ghidorah. I think it could work and still retain its "Charizardness".

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
Kris; Mantichorus; Sam Vimes; Neku Sakuraba; Koki Kariya; Hazama; CuChulainn; Yu Narukami; Mewtwo; Rival Silver; Suicune; Kanata; Professor Oak; The Brigadier; VIII; The Engineer
Ok seriously, Mega Evolutions are like fucking Dragonball Z transformations. Lucario and Blaziken in particular remind me of Super Saiyan Gods.
Now, see, when I first hear about Mega Evolutions, I deliberately veered off the Digimon comparisons cos it seemed dickish. But then...

"Mega Evolutions only last for one battle..."
Just like Digimon. :hohum:
"...except for sometimes (such as if the item is removed), when it ends during the battle."
...JUST LIKE DIGIMON! :awesome:

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
Jesse McCree. I feel like a New Man
GameFreak, I have never prayed to you before. I have no tongue for it. No one, not even you, will remember if we were good Pokemon or bad. Why we fought, or why we fainted. All that matters is that six stood against the Elite Four. That's what's important! Valor pleases you, GameFreak... so grant me one request. Grant me, Dragonite a Megaform!! And if you do not listen, then to HELL with you!

Theozilla

Kaiju Member
GameFreak, I have never prayed to you before. I have no tongue for it. No one, not even you, will remember if we were good Pokemon or bad. Why we fought, or why we fainted. All that matters is that six stood against the Elite Four. That's what's important! Valor pleases you, GameFreak... so grant me one request. Grant me, Dragonite a Megaform!! And if you do not listen, then to HELL with you!

If Dragnonite got a MegaEvolution would you want its typing to change?

Also would Dragonite's Mega Stone be called Dragonite?:awesome:

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
I would most likely go for Dragon/Steel or Dragon/Fire to erase that gay ass weakness to Ice. It's time I step up and not faint at the sight of jynx, frosslass, dewgong, etc.

Gym Leader Devil

True Master of the Dark-type (suck it Piers)
AKA
So many names
I personally approve of Pseudo-Legendaries having a 4X weakness to something to balance them a tiny bit. I mean, perfect 600 base stat total? Awesome move pool to draw from? The six known PLs are freaking amazing, they need some kryptonite here and there. And its damn hard to exploit Dragonite/Salamence/Garchomp's shared quad-weakness to Ice, what with the sheer number of Fire, Rock, Steel and Fighting-type moves the lot of them can learn and exploit (plus a few good Electric attacks for Ice/Water dual-types). Couple that with the Ice-type's typically low defense stats and you often see that, while Dragonite cannot take a hit from Ice, Ice-types often cannot take a hit from Dragonite either :trainermon:

Also what's so "gay" about Ice-types anyway? My Glaceon and Weavile kick ass man, don't be mean to them :reapermon:

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
I'm not saying they're gay you silly, I mean Dragonite is gay for being weak to the common Ice Ice baby type. Now we have fairies, we might as well remove that silly weakness from him if he has a mega form to contend with. Because we can oust him with fairy when he goes mega or even his own kind if he has the combination of fire/dragon. :trainermon:

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
Kris; Mantichorus; Sam Vimes; Neku Sakuraba; Koki Kariya; Hazama; CuChulainn; Yu Narukami; Mewtwo; Rival Silver; Suicune; Kanata; Professor Oak; The Brigadier; VIII; The Engineer
As we're talking about other Pokemon getting Mega Evolutions, I'd quite like to see a Mega Typhlosion... that gained the secondary type Fighting. :awesome: In all seriousness, I'd quite like to see a Mega Nidoking/queen set, that used the same Mega Stone. They'd either become Poison/Dark, Poison/Steel, or something to offset the Ground type weakness (although the Dark or Steel secondary type would look pretty cool on them).

I have to say though, I still have an issue with the term "Mega Evolution". It's essentially a Forme change, as both Shaymin and Meloetta can change type and potential move growth when they change Formes. :huh: I can understand if they're wanting to distance it from Formes, as those were getting a mite unpopular if the net's any measure.

Still, as a Final Fantasy fan (with a fondness for IX), I've decided I'm going to refer to them as Trance Pokemon. :awesome:

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
As a Kamen Rider fan I will call these forms "Final Kamen Ride Forms", I hope they give Dragonite one so I can say "Final Kamen Ride. D-D-D-DRAGONITE!" and see him kick ass.

Gym Leader Devil

AKA
So many names
Still, as a Final Fantasy fan (with a fondness for IX), I've decided I'm going to refer to them as Trance Pokemon. :awesome:

I was just thinking this the other day. Now I need to find Pokemon worthy of the names Zidane and Kuja. As if I didn't have a list of Discworld references I wanted to make this generation. Weird how the two I already have are both Grass-type starters :shifty:

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
Are there any Grass/Dragon combination? I'm considering building a Dragon power team. I can replace my mate, Milotic for a Kingdra to add resist to Ice Ice baby but it still leaves me lacking grass and psychic to my quota for Black 2.

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
God.

My proposed team may comprise of:

- Dragonite
- Hydreigon
- Garchomp
- Metagross
- Kingdra
- Sceptile/Venusaur

Not really dragon, but they'll pass?

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
Nay, I'm saving him to add grass, dragon, fighter and normal. Keep in mind this is for the big leagues and I'm not using HM slaves and the like, I have Hoofy the Bidoof for that shit.

Edit: then again, I may dummy out the normal type move as there are no counters to it. I may add his Leaf Blade on it.

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
I may put a Thunder move on Dragonite, Fire move on Hydreigon to balance my lack of fire in the team and maybe ice ice baby on Kingdra. I used the Smogon formula for Dragonite and I mix matched the move combo for Hydreigon. I suppose this will suffice as I at least have Kingdra and Metagross incase my team goes down due to ice storms. I wish to have Metagross due to lack of Steel Dragons that aren't legendaries. :monster:

The only type I may not have in this lot are possibly flying types. But I will whip up my TLS Pokemon team soon.

Gym Leader Devil

AKA
So many names
So I was just reading some Nightmare Fuel entries for Pokemon, seeing what's changed since Gen VI was announced, and had a hilarious thought:

My Brain said:
Gardevoir are wonderful. They provoke wonder.
Gardevoir are marvelous. They cause marvels.
Gardevoir are fantastic. They create fantasies.
Gardevoir are glamorous. They project glamour.
Gardevoir are enchanting. They weave enchantment.
Gardevoir are terrific. They beget terror.
The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like an Ekans, and if you want to find Ekans, look behind words that have changed their meaning.
No one ever said Gardevoir are nice.
Gardevoir are bad.

:reapermon:

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
I was just thinking this the other day. Now I need to find Pokemon worthy of the names Zidane and Kuja.
Sylveon for Kuja? :awesome: Especially if it shares the rest of the Eevee lines' gender ratio.

And you know I approve of your above reference.

Geostigma

Pro Adventurer
AKA
gabe
In all seriousness, I'd quite like to see a Mega Nidoking/queen set, that used the same Mega Stone.
:

This would be great. If they were named NidoGod it would be awesome fan service to the very cool early internet generation 1 pokemon "Gods" rumors that were floating around in the early days.

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
I wonder though, would this make Gardevoir's kid line fairy type as well? or are they still in psychic's line?

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
God please let this be real and please put out my two signatures! I would play the hell out of it!!

Gym Leader Devil

AKA
So many names
So, let's talk about Kalos itself some more guys. I got a big wall poster sized copy of the map when I pre-ordered my copy of Pokemon Y and seeing it in larger/closer detail got me thinking about some of the landscape. Let's have a look at the map here...

148kprr.png

Ok, so circled in red there we have three rows of bare earth, surrounded by a wall. It looks a LOT like the garden plots in the Pokemon Dream World from here. Anyone else hoping they gave us a nice big berry growing plot (actually IN the game world for a change) in an easy to remember location? Just do all your berry farming here, no need for a Poketch app or anything to find 'em when its time to water. That sounds awesome to me. And if not... the fuck am I looking at there?

Circled in yellow, we have what looks like an energy production facility that puts the whole of Sinnoh to shame. Its hard to make out on this smaller map, but it includes a wind farm, a geothermal plant, what might be a solar array, a possible hydroelectric plant, and some other buildings I'm not even guessing at yet. And looking at it, the entire area around all these energy production plants is a circle of sandy brown on the map, maybe desert or dead grass. The shape is unnatural looking, and it contrasts greatly with the surrounding grasslands. Also there's a river running through so desert seems wrong. Is there a Mako Reactor in there or something? Is this a Mini-Midgar in MY Pokeverse? And the fuck do they NEED so much power for? Does Lumiose city use that much electricity?

Next, circled in blue, is a so-far unnamed town in a valley or other depression, surrounded by high rocky walls on all sides. You cannot make this out on a small map, so you'll have to take my word for it, but the southern half of that town is abandoned. On my large print map, you can see the roofs and walls are full of holes. Also there appears to be a massive tree growing through the roof of the largest house, and said tree looks to have a clock built into it. The northern half of town looks more modern all around, and is intact. What the hell is up with that?

Then on the western coast of the continent, circled in purple, is what looks very much like Stonehenge. That in and of itself is cool, but not really all that weird or interesting... except there are houses literally inside the standing stones. And if I'm not mistaken, there are rows and rows of graves on the path to said standing stones. Possibly one MASSIVE grave beyond them. Perhaps this region's answer to Lavender Town (pre-radio tower), Mount Pyre, and so on? If so I am disappoint, I wanted there to be Paris Catacombs under Lumiose City :wacky:

Finally, over to the west and circled in green is a large purple... thing. Possibly crystalline, its rising out of the water just to the left of those four blue houses on the far eastern side of the map. Up close on the large print map it honestly looks kind of like a giant turtle's leg and foot made of purple crystal, and has a symbol on it in yellow, kind of an eye motif maybe? It's a yellow circle, broken on either side into two half circles. Above that is another half circle, much large and nearly wrapping the whole thing round. Its weird and out of place on the map and I wanna know what the hell. Its worse than that rock shaped like a Snorlax over in Sunnyshore city.

So, thoughts? Guesses on what sort of Pokeymanz we can expect to catch around these spots? Wild Mass Guesses? I need a fix of Pokenerd talk to tide me over till October here, I'm jonesing.

Top Bottom