New Pokemon Games:Pokemon X and Y is scheduled for the 3DS

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
Jesse McCree. I feel like a New Man
aye I know tyranitar is close to Trex but I see him more as a godzilla entity than trex xD! they need 3 dinos like gen 1. we got 2 insect like fossils and a flying dino, it wont hurt to ask for a big dino too!

Gym Leader Devil

True Master of the Dark-type (suck it Piers)
AKA
So many names
Granted Tyrannitar is far more Godzilla than straight up T. rex, but its got the name and everything so there is that :awesome:

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
Kris; Mantichorus; Sam Vimes; Neku Sakuraba; Koki Kariya; Hazama; CuChulainn; Yu Narukami; Mewtwo; Rival Silver; Suicune; Kanata; Professor Oak; The Brigadier; VIII; The Engineer
Personally, if we're talking about fossil Pokemon, I'd like to see a Hypsilophodon inspired Pokemon, that would evolve into an Iguanodon (mythology gag, on how Hypsys were originally thought to be juvenile Iguanadons). GLD has already heard this, IIRC. :awesome:

Also, Reg and I have had a bit of a discussion about friendship evos recently, and it's got me thinking. I personally think it's time we had starter Pokemon that had happiness evos. It could be that it only evolves into its final form if the happiness is high enough, or it has two alternative third level evolutions, one gained by happiness, the other by getting it to a high(er than normal for a starter's final evo) level.

Theozilla

Kaiju Member
http://bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/September_CoroCoro_reveals_new_Mega_Evolutions

Mega evolutions!:excited:
corocoro8132.jpg

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
Kris; Mantichorus; Sam Vimes; Neku Sakuraba; Koki Kariya; Hazama; CuChulainn; Yu Narukami; Mewtwo; Rival Silver; Suicune; Kanata; Professor Oak; The Brigadier; VIII; The Engineer
Mixed feelings. It's great getting evos for Lucario and Absol, but fourth level evos all of a sudden? I'm sure it'll grow on me in time...

And I guess we now know most of why they said BW2 would be the last traditional Pokemon game they did. Fourth level evos, new type, moving diagonally...

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
I heard alot of beef with the guys on another forum I go to that they're jumping the shark on this generation by introducing Mega-Evolutions, somewhat ripping off digimon or some shit. I don't care, I GOT A FRICKIN' LAMBDRAGON THING!!!!! And A COOLER DOG, A COOLER FAIRY AND A COOLER CHICKEN!!!!

Gym Leader Devil

AKA
So many names
Reading the info in that link Theozilla provided, these aren't true evolutions. They're temporary form changes that add a type here, change an ability there, and rearrange/boost stats in some areas. So its not that Blaziken evolves again into a fourth species in the Torchic line... it just gets a boost and its appearance changes for a while. I think I'm ok with this. Its sort of sad that Absol and Mawile don't get real evolutions though.

Edit: Looking at the new mons that the same page talks about, yet another Pika-clone (this time its a Fairy instead of Flying, so there is that) and a rabbit filling Rattata's shoes. And I must say it is the derpiest looking rabbit evar :awesome: But why is no one talking about Orotto? I wanna know more about the pissed off looking death tree.

Last edited:

Gym Leader Devil

AKA
So many names
So, double posting because I just saw bulbanews talking about a newly revealed mega-evolution: Kangaskhan! Appearance-wise, it seems to just consist of the baby getting out of the pouch and standing with its mom. The big change is its ability becoming "Parental Bond" which supposedly lets you attack twice per turn. Sounds brutal.

Ghost X

Isn't that... cheating? Two pokemon at the one time, etc... or is it suggesting its offspring is actually one being with the mother, kind of like Jesus and God and stuff? =p

Gym Leader Devil

AKA
So many names
Cheating? How so? I mean, if that's cheating then Beat Up must be outright criminal :awesome: And since the baby never grows into an adult Kangaskhan, and indeed Kangaskhan hatch with a baby in their pouch already... yeah they sorta do count as one being for all intents and purposes :D

Ghost X

Well, if it is a 1vs1 battle, and one of the participants is fighting with 2 pokemon, I'd call that cheating, but if they are the one being, I'll give 'em a pass :awesome:.

Gym Leader Devil

AKA
So many names
Again I must mention Beat Up. A Dark-type move wherein your entire team of up to six Pokemon gang up on a single target and give it a good kickin'. If that's fair, then having a mother and baby Kangaskhan share the field for a bit is probably alright too :monster: Albeit I must admit, Beat Up isn't the most effective Dark-type move out there by a long shot and certainly wouldn't measure up to, say, being hit by something like Mega Punch or Outrage (backed by Kangaskhan's fairly beastly 95 base Attack stat) TWICE.

...Ok so maybe it does sound a wee bitty bit unfair at that :trainermon:

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
Guys is it okay to evolve eevee to the original eeveelutions? I'm afraid if I evolve them now they wont learn shit. I'm currently gamebreaking to get all eevees so yeah :awesome: ;;

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
Reading the info in that link Theozilla provided, these aren't true evolutions. They're temporary form changes that add a type here, change an ability there, and rearrange/boost stats in some areas. So its not that Blaziken evolves again into a fourth species in the Torchic line... it just gets a boost and its appearance changes for a while. I think I'm ok with this. Its sort of sad that Absol and Mawile don't get real evolutions though.
This. The "Mega Stones" are a series of Hold items exclusive to each Pokemon, i.e., Blazikenite for Blaziken, Lucarionite for Lucario. However, this tells us something about Mewtwo. Blazikenite isn't available normally in-game, and is only available with a DLC Torchic (similar to Victini in BW, it's available from Day One. There are too many good Fire types available in XY...).

This tells us that either Mewtwo is going to have a DL event attached to it in the near future, or, (more likely given how much prominence its been given) it'll be available normally in-game.

Mega_Mewtwo_Mega_Lucario-X-and-Y.jpg

Last edited:

Gym Leader Devil

AKA
So many names
And on day one I did get my new Torchic, steal his Blazikenite, and shove him into the box. And thus did General Tso become a Mega Blaziken with absolutely no effort required on his part :awesome:

Edit: Ok seriously, Mega Evolutions are like fucking Dragonball Z transformations. Lucario and Blaziken in particular remind me of Super Saiyan Gods.

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
I am keen on getting the Ampharos upgrade. I have a hard on for Dragons and thunder/dragon just sounds cool looking! I hope they got more dragons to upgrade like Dragonite and all. :'[

Gym Leader Devil

AKA
So many names
Mega Ampharos is pretty kickass looking indeed. Oh, and I neglected your earlier question about Eeveelution collecting. I double checked with Bulbapedia in case I was forgetting anything, but this is Eevee's level up move-list as of Gen V (the level on the left is for Black and White, the level on the right is for Black and White 2):

Start: Helping Hand
Start: Tackle
Start: Sand Attack
Lv8/5: Sand-Attack
Lv15/9: Growl
Lv22/13: Quick Attack
Lv29.17: Bite
LvNA/21: Covet
Lv43/25: Take Down
LvNA/29: Charm
Lv36/33: Baton Pass
LvNA/37: Double-Edge
Lv50/41: Last Resort
Lv57/45: Trump Card

So, if you need any of those moves then don't evolve the Eevee yet. If you're just worried about them not getting any decent moves by level at all though, do not be concerned. Flareon, Jolteon, and Vaporeon all have pretty decent learnsets with such features as Fire Fang, Discharge, and Hydro Pump among other options :trainermon:

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
Nah I evolved them straight away when I hacked the Unova Matrix to get them...IN SHINY FORM TOO :trainermon:

I'm just finding the matrix hack to get day so I can get Lucario and Espeon to level them nicely. I realize Unova's friendship method is easier, spam them some Carbon, Iron, Protein, HP Ups, PP Maxs and they evolve after a level. So cool this method.

I love Action Replays, it makes me capture the many sorrows from when I was a boy (not having all 3 starters etc etc ). I didn't game break the Unova starter as I love my Tepig line so damn much to do that.

I'll show you my team that won the adventure with shortly.

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
Sorry for double post. Other than pokedex hunting, what else to do in Black? I'm making my final rounds tonight before I start Black 2, so please advise? :trainermon:

Edit: On topic of Mega forms, please god give me a Mega Dragonite form. I can now draw Mega Dragonite vs. Mega Mewtwo someday ; . ; You gave Kangaskhan Mega, so give the Dragons something to be awed about!!

Gym Leader Devil

AKA
So many names
I'm hoping so hard for a Mega Charizard. Something to make the OG Fire-type starter competitively viable again, Stealth Rock be damned.

Theozilla

Kaiju Member
I'm hoping so hard for a Mega Charizard. Something to make the OG Fire-type starter competitively viable again, Stealth Rock be damned.

If there is going to be a MegaCharizard I wonder if its typing should be Fire/Dragon or (hear me out now)...Fire/Steel.

While Charizard having a dragon STAB has been a wish for many fans for a while now, but in Generation 6 a Fire/Dragon pokemon will have 4 weaknesses (and only 5 resistances) compared to a Fire/Steel pokemon that would have only 3 weaknesses (granted one of them is x4) and 11 resistances (+1 immunity). A MegaCharizard that was a Fire/Steel (think of a mechakaiju in terms of design) with the Levitate ability or a special attack ability equivalent of speed boost could be pretty powerful competitively.

Gym Leader Devil

AKA
So many names
Sounds good, but how could you justify the sudden Steel-typing? Dragon makes sense, what with how Charizard looks like a dragon and all. But aside from being able to get Metal Claw and Steel Wing (possibly Iron Tail too I cba to check) what metallic affinity does Charizard have?

Also, I'm having visions of people making sure to teach various Pokemon Fling just so they can suddenly throw their Mega-inducing item away and switch their type up, throwing off whatever their opponent is attempting (IE a Mega-Ampharos suddenly uses Fling to ditch its Ice-type weakness at a strategic moment).

Top Bottom