New Pokemon Games:Pokemon X and Y is scheduled for the 3DS

Gym Leader Devil

True Master of the Dark-type (suck it Piers)
AKA
So many names
I will definitely get you a Squirtle egg, or even a hatched Squirtle if you want the boosted exp. Any particular nature or anything you want? I have some options in the box, though it'd be awhile before I could promise you almost anything. But yes, just let me know. I'll take the Chespin egg in return, I already have Volvagia the Charizard (he's chilling out in Unova until December).

Edit: Speaking of eggs... DITTO GET!

Last edited:

Carlos

I care not
AKA
That brown guy
I am loving Y. caught a riolu with a good nature. my froakie evolved and so did my super fast special torchic

Kai Schulen

... ... ...▼
AKA
Trainer Red
I will definitely get you a Squirtle egg, or even a hatched Squirtle if you want the boosted exp. Any particular nature or anything you want? I have some options in the box, though it'd be awhile before I could promise you almost anything. But yes, just let me know. I'll take the Chespin egg in return, I already have Volvagia the Charizard (he's chilling out in Unova until December).

Edit: Speaking of eggs... DITTO GET!
Bold would be good. :D Just caught Snorlax. Gotta get a Ditto now! @_@

Also, for the sake of clarity, can we state our character trainer names? Cause I think I see Matt online on my PSS -- Is your trainer name CUR CHURGURR?

For the record, my trainer name is Seikishi. :>

Clicky Person

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Nanny Ogg
GLD is either Devil or Lord Devil. I've seen his rivals call him both I'm not sure which is the name and which is the nickname.

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
Kris; Mantichorus; Sam Vimes; Neku Sakuraba; Koki Kariya; Hazama; CuChulainn; Yu Narukami; Mewtwo; Rival Silver; Suicune; Kanata; Professor Oak; The Brigadier; VIII; The Engineer
I didn't think it was all that bad really. I took him down with my own Mega-Blastoise, Roshi. Took a few turns, and I had to spend a Hyper Potion to make it work out, but it boiled down to "confuse that fucker and keep it confused, turn its massive attack stat against it!" It helped by spamming nothing but Outrage like a moron. And I could have destroyed it with Burr the Ferrothorn and his awesome Power Whip, just like I did the previous times we fought him. Mega Evolution would've only hurt it there, losing Flying would make Grass super effective on it :trainermon: But it seemed right and proper that his Mega should fall to mine, so ineffecient or not I did it anyway.
Water type with Earthquake taking down two Fire types, a Ground type and a slow Electric type? Totally happening. Especially as I chose to stop grinding to maintain some challenge, so I was about the same level as that beast.

As Wulfric said, he's either one of the hardest foes you'll face or one of the easiest. Guess how I did with three Fire types? :awesome:

With everyone saying about online trading/battling, can someone give me an idiot's guide to how it actually works? Cos, I'm not really getting the manual's explanation. Why get rid of Friend Codes? If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

News from Serebii: on Tuesdays at the Lost Hotel, there's a random chance of finding Rotom hiding in one of the bins.

Gym Leader Devil

AKA
So many names
Bold would be good. :D Just caught Snorlax. Gotta get a Ditto now! @_@

S'onna take you a while yet, unless there are Ditto somewhere other than... where I found mine :awesome: Thinking of going back with an armload of Quickballs and catching a bunch for different natures now... but I need more boxes in my PC, I'm running out of space fast :doh: I'm pretty sure I can make Bold happen soonish, I'll let ya know.

Also, for the sake of clarity, can we state our character trainer names? Cause I think I see Matt online on my PSS -- Is your trainer name CUR CHURGURR?

I am, as ever, known as Devil :reapermon: Clicky is silly for forgetting which is the nickname. I really did demand that my so-called "rivals" call me Lord Devil though :awesome: Which makes lines like "Hey, Devil! ...excuse me I meant Lord Devil!" so hilarious if you imagine I glared at him and he got all terrified. Clicky laughed when I put on my Starscream voice to declare that "It. Is. LOOOOORD!!" :muhaha:

Water type with Earthquake taking down two Fire types, a Ground type and a slow Electric type? Totally happening. Especially as I chose to stop grinding to maintain some challenge, so I was about the same level as that beast.

I hadn't even been grinding, and came in overpowered by a few levels anyway. Oops :wacky:

As Wulfric said, he's either one of the hardest foes you'll face or one of the easiest. Guess how I did with three Fire types? :awesome:

About as well as I did with one each of Fire, Rock, Steel and Fighting-type? :awesome: Poor guy never knew what hit him.

With everyone saying about online trading/battling, can someone give me an idiot's guide to how it actually works? Cos, I'm not really getting the manual's explanation. Why get rid of Friend Codes? If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Ya know, I haven't actually done anything with anyone yet, aside from add their codes to my 3DS (which you should go do in the appropriate thread now plzkthx). How DOES it work?

News from Serebii: on Tuesdays at the Lost Hotel, there's a random chance of finding Rotom hiding in one of the bins.

So THAT'S what kept flying out of trash cans and disappearing?! Shit, shoulda chased it harder :doh:

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
Kris; Mantichorus; Sam Vimes; Neku Sakuraba; Koki Kariya; Hazama; CuChulainn; Yu Narukami; Mewtwo; Rival Silver; Suicune; Kanata; Professor Oak; The Brigadier; VIII; The Engineer
Ya know, I haven't actually done anything with anyone yet, aside from add their codes to my 3DS (which you should go do in the appropriate thread now plzkthx). How DOES it work?
What code? :huh: What sorcery do you speak of?
So THAT'S what kept flying out of trash cans and disappearing?! Shit, shoulda chased it harder :doh:
:lol: No, you do get fleeing Pokémon who drop items randomly, and randomly find actual Pokémon in there. Rotom is just a low probability Tuesday only catch.

And as these things were touched on... Quick Balls and Timer Balls seem to be the only Poké Balls I use at the moment. Ultra Balls don't seem as good, oddly.

Also, what did everyone go with for their nickname? Due to the fact that I'm frequently "like a brother" to people, I went for Bro.

Gym Leader Devil

AKA
So many names
Did that make the fireworks scene super-awkward? :wacky:

Also, your 3DS itself has a friend code, on the main menu screen look up in the top center for a square smiley face and tap it. You'll probably be able to figure it out from there :monster:

Anyway... 6 (7 time counting Black 2's second conquest of the Unova League) time regional Pokemon League champ over here! That league toppled like a row of dominoes once my team got hold of them. And, spoilering this in case anyone wants to be surprised come post-game (Red might wanna read this),
Shauna up and traded me a Chespin she bred at the daycare. She was willing to take anything I was willing to give from the box in return, so I let he have a Swablu I snagged earlier. And holy shit, this Chespin is Adamant and Likes to thrash about :muhaha: Now if only I could nickname it, Chester is not a name I'd have used :doh: So the only Kalos starter I lack now is Froakie. Red, do note I will still take a Chespin if you wanna send one my way, I'd prefer a better name than Chester for this poor thing. I would like it Adamant though if possible :awesome:

Last edited:

Kai Schulen

... ... ...▼
AKA
Trainer Red
Hit the internet icon on the PSS if you want your friends to show up (you don't have to if you're both like right next to each other.)

And, spoilering this in case anyone wants to be surprised come post-game (Red might wanna read this),
Shauna up and traded me a Chespin she bred at the daycare. She was willing to take anything I was willing to give from the box in return, so I let he have a Swablu I snagged earlier. And holy shit, this Chespin is Adamant and Likes to thrash about :muhaha: Now if only I could nickname it, Chester is not a name I'd have used :doh: So the only Kalos starter I lack now is Froakie. Red, do note I will still take a Chespin if you wanna send one my way, I'd prefer a better name than Chester for this poor thing. I would like it Adamant though if possible :awesome:

Whatta coinkidink, my Chespin has an adamant nature and I just got an everstone in Shalour City.

Just....gotta....find....a....ditto..................:@

Gym Leader Devil

AKA
So many names
Hit the internet icon on the PSS if you want your friends to show up (you don't have to if you're both like right next to each other.)

Just be prepared to have about a million Japanese Passersby all show up at once. First time I hit that I got five requests to Link Trade in about as many seconds :D

Whatta coinkidink, my Chespin has an adamant nature and I just got an everstone in Shalour City.

Well now, that happens to be awesome :awesome: For the record, I'd also love an attack related characteristic, Proud of its power or Loves to fight or so on :monster:

Just....gotta....find....a....ditto..................:@

I know where to find them, but I don't wanna spoil anything unless you're up for it. Of course, while Bulbapedia is behind atm the internet in general also knows, so its not like you'd need me to tell you :awesome:

Kai Schulen

... ... ...▼
AKA
Trainer Red
Just be prepared to have about a million Japanese Passersby all show up at once. First time I hit that I got five requests to Link Trade in about as many seconds :D

Last night was full of Korean Passerbys. :trainermon:

Well now, that happens to be awesome :awesome: For the record, I'd also love an attack related characteristic, Proud of its power or Loves to fight or so on :monster:
Diego the Adamant Quiladin: Proud of it's power. :awesome:

I know where to find them, but I don't wanna spoil anything unless you're up for it. Of course, while Bulbapedia is behind atm the internet in general also knows, so its not like you'd need me to tell you :awesome:
Just tell me at what route it's at so that I know when to be ready!

Also contemplating if I want to actually train up Korrina's Lucario -- is the nature always Hasty?

Gym Leader Devil

AKA
So many names
Last night was full of Korean Passerbys. :trainermon:

Diego the Adamant Quiladin: Proud of it's power. :awesome:

Wow, that's a good combo for a Chespin/Quiladin/Chesnaught.

Just tell me at what route it's at so that I know when to be ready!

Ummm lemme see... just on the other side of Route 20 :monster:

Also contemplating if I want to actually train up Korrina's Lucario -- is the nature always Hasty?

The one I got from her is Hasty, yeah. Looking into it, it looks like its always Hasty yes. I'm not raising it, I have a level 100 Lucario in Unova just waiting to come to Kalos, kick Korrina's Lucario out of the way and take its Lucarionite :trainermon:

Kai Schulen

... ... ...▼
AKA
Trainer Red
Wow, that's a good combo for a Chespin/Quiladin/Chesnaught.

Ummm lemme see... just on the other side of Route 20 :monster:

The one I got from her is Hasty, yeah. Looking into it, it looks like its always Hasty yes. I'm not raising it, I have a level 100 Lucario in Unova just waiting to come to Kalos, kick Korrina's Lucario out of the way and take its Lucarionite :trainermon:

Alrighty~ Also, the Lucario I already have is already fully trained and has better stats anyways. :monster:

ON MY WAY TO BADGE #4 oh wow Route 20? seems so far away...

I am feeling some strong nostalgia for DPPt/HG right now and feel like picking them up and playing them again -- I was in the middle of breeding up teams to take on the Sinnoh/Johto Battle Frontiers and get around to actually finishing up my pokedex and finish catching them legendaries. o:< A part of me kinda feels like restarting my Platinum file because I want a kickass Giratina but I don't want to reset because it feels like betrayal and I don't wanna lose all the shit I accomplished. (I also have to trigger the Darkrai and Shaymin event, ololol)

Kermitu Kleric Katie

KULT OF KERMITU
Yeah, that's me.

Anyway, Wulfric lost badly to my amazing speed boost Blaziken, and now I'm at Victory Road.

Also, I was not surprised in the slightest when
Lysandre was revealed to be Team flare's leader.
I figured that was the case the second I first saw him.

Gym Leader Devil

AKA
So many names
So, having become champ I'm out rocking the post game now. Some familiar faces turning up, makes me happy. Also...

Mega Stones collected:

Blastoisinite
Absolite
Kangaskhanite
Gyaradosite
Mawilite
Gengarite
Gardevoirite
Medichamite
Ampharosite
Scizorite
Aerodactylite
Heraconite
Houndoomite
Aggronite
Abomasite
Blazikenite

So, of the stuff available in Y all I'm missing are Venusaurite, Charzardinite Y, Alakazamite, Garchompite, Banetteite, and Mewtwoite Y. Soon, I'll have them all... except the X exclusives :doh: I want my damn Tyranitarite :wallbanger:

Edit: So, I've been spending time in a very specific field throwing a constant stream of Quick Balls at Ditto one after another, then ditching the ones with the same nature (after stealing their powder for fun and profit). So I have quite a list of Ditto, each one with a different Nature :D Its breeding time!

So, being as multiple people needed/requested one, I started with Squirtle. I have several to choose from, all but two of which are Bold and Capable of taking hits. Good combo for a defensive Squirtle, that is. One is Bold and Loves to run, which is obviously less ideal. And one... I forgot to hand my Bold Ditto the Everstone and it ended up being Impish and Mischevious. Not so good there either. But all of these are up for grabs. Red and Kris get dibs, on account of having asked first and offered good trades and such, but all the others are first come first serve if anyone wants one :trainermon:

As an aside, just one of these is female, specifically the third of the Bold/Capable ones. And, an accident involving a double battle while I was out hatching eggs and thus only had one real team-mate with me led to one Squirtle getting exp and leveling up to like 14 :doh: So there is that also.

Anyone looking for one of these or wanting to request another critter bred for them, just let me know and tell me a preferred Nature, Characteristic (within reason), and a desired nickname :reapermon:

Last edited:

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
Did that make the fireworks scene super-awkward? :wacky:
Somewhat. :lol:
So, being as multiple people needed/requested one, I started with Squirtle. I have several to choose from, all but two of which are Bold and Capable of taking hits. Good combo for a defensive Squirtle, that is. One is Bold and Loves to run, which is obviously less ideal. And one... I forgot to hand my Bold Ditto the Everstone and it ended up being Impish and Mischevious. Not so good there either. But all of these are up for grabs. Red and Kris get dibs, on account of having asked first and offered good trades and such, but all the others are first come first serve if anyone wants one :trainermon:

As an aside, just one of these is female, specifically the third of the Bold/Capable ones. And, an accident involving a double battle while I was out hatching eggs and thus only had one real team-mate with me led to one Squirtle getting exp and leveling up to like 14 :doh: So there is that also.
I'll leave the exact Bold/Capable Squirtle to your discretion, good sir. But I won't be greedy and claim la femme, so for a nickname, I'll ask for Tank. :awesome:

Unfortunately, I haven't had much time to game so far this week, including missing Rotom Tuesday (DAMN!). However, I've been using my short time to visit all the boutiques and a few of the hotels, and do a little bit of levelling.

Just a point of interest: occasionally you'll find in hotels, in the leftmost room on the top floor, tourists from other regions. Strike up a rapport with them, and they'll trade your Gyarados for a Magikarp with Swift Swim, give you a Rage Candy Bar, a Lava Cookie, trade an Eevee for any Pokémon, give some gossip on gym leaders, and... hints about an unnamed region, including an item from there.

Also, for those of you having difficulty finding Eevees in the wild, they appear on Route 10.

Gym Leader Devil

AKA
So many names
Its your birthday, you totally coulda had the female if ya'd wanted it :awesome: But, Tank it is. Now we just gotta get a time set to exchange them and perhaps have our awesome battle of ages on our Gen V carts :reapermon:

Edit: Today was a good day. Won my first rematch against the E4 and ex-champ, bred a new Inkay since my first catch had Suction Cups rather than Contrary, and caught
friggin' Mewtwo
after an epic three restarts required battle for the ages. Good times.

In the course of breeding Inkay, I ended up with one or two extras that are Adamant, Love to run, and have Contrary. So if anyone wants one, lemme know :trainermon:

Last edited:

Kai Schulen

... ... ...▼
AKA
Trainer Red
I JUST GOT A SHINY ONIX

I GOTTA NAME HIM SOMETHING COOL
SOMETHING AWESOME
SOMETHING MIGHTY
SOMETHING...LEGENDARY

I also wonder how many rocks am I gonna have to smash to get an Old Amber.

Also, 7th Badge get! Not sure how close I am to getting to route 20 since I have to go back to Lumiose city.

Also, I'm fine with taking the other Bold Squirtle or female Squirtle. I'm gonna have to think about the nicknames for a bit though... :monster:

Last edited:

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
So, what to expect in XY when it's your birthday.

When you first enter a Pokémon Centre, the screen will darken slightly... then party poppers go off and streamers come down! You're wished a happy birthday and a cake appears on the screen behind the nurse.

If you've got wireless access enabled, some visitors may leave you a Supreme Wish Poké Puff.

But, to my annoyance and slight heartbreak, still you get no extra dialogue from Mom. :(

Gym Leader Devil

AKA
So many names
I JUST GOT A SHINY ONIX

Awesome and congrats! I have a shiny Steelix myself, caught her as an Onix over in Sinnoh.

I GOTTA NAME HIM SOMETHING COOL
SOMETHING AWESOME
SOMETHING MIGHTY
SOMETHING...LEGENDARY

I named mine Emerald, cause on my DS the Platnium sprite looked sorta greenish. And then she got evolved when I moved her to Unova and now she's gold plated :doh:

I also wonder how many rocks am I gonna have to smash to get an Old Amber.

I still haven't found anything except a handful of items, a Geodude, and a Dwebble inside rocks. So... all of them. You must smash all of the rocks to get Old Amber.

Also, 7th Badge get! Not sure how close I am to getting to route 20 since I have to go back to Lumiose city.

Not far now. You're almost there :D

Also, I'm fine with taking the other Bold Squirtle or female Squirtle. I'm gonna have to think about the nicknames for a bit though... :monster:

The female for you then. Just let me know a nickname when you think of one and we'll agree on a time for the trade... I might challenge you to a battle while we're at it, fair warning :wacky:

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
So my little brother lend me his 3DS last night to play Pokemon because I had a very bad day. I picked a dude and my name is Melon Lord (no surprise there :monster:), I picked Fennekin as my starter pokemon and I've captured about 8 more including a pikachu. Also I feel like I'm 12 again and it's wonderful.

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
Jesse McCree. I feel like a New Man
Damn it, this game invaded my dreams. I was dreaming getting a DS and X for christmas and I could finally connect online to duke it out. :( damn it why torment me so.

Are the stones used for mega evolving available all around Kalos? Which one isn't so I may advise.

Top Bottom