New year, New LTD thread. (Round 5)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vorona

affirmative.
AKA
Aerina, Elle
Vorona, where'd you get your icon from?

Ah, I got it from an icon community on livejournal by the name of estheticons :)

Which hands do you refer? Like I said, he deliberately changes style every so often.

Some of his earlier FF7 artwork, particularly the ones where Cloud's holding Aerith/Aerith's dead. Maybe it's just me, but i've always found the hands a little...odd. Generally love his work though.

Glad to be of service.
Do you happen to remember what board that was on, or at least how many years ago that was?

Ah, it was about three years ago or something, on I think Final Fantasy Forums? I can't really remember, but it was a big board with a huge LTD thread going on. I just remember signing up to debate because a bunch of people on CxA were doing so & we were basically copying and pasting from clerith.com to the couple of people who were debating with us. Your name stuck out because I remember accussing you of being "mean and nasty" to me :desu: Yeah...as I say, I was a FFVII noob back then :monster: That thread was pretty lulzy though, I seem to remember something about how the mods hated anyone arguing for Cloti and kept "warning" them about hurting people's feelings cause Clerith "interpretation" was the right answer.

That thread was pretty lulzy though, I seem to remember something about how the mods hated anyone arguing for Cloti and kept "warning" them about hurting people's feelings cause Clerith "interpretation" was the right answer.

Haha I think I remember this. Tiff and I were there too. That mod was hilarious.

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
That Mod was a bitch, and I told her so. :monster:

She said something about being in a foul mood because she was trying to take care of her kid AND LTD at the same time or some shit... why are you posting on Forums if your kid is crying? I don't even know, the Admins there are fucked in the head XD

Vendel

Banned
May I ask what video this was exactly, Vendel?

You may.

And I don't think their point is that you are making a personal attack necessarily, it's that you are going on a piece of their art, a creation they made, and starting a debate that won't change their mind. They probably feel inclined to reply more out of rage than anything. Unless they specifically said they wanted to debate through comments in their video (which they obviously didn't) just layoff man, all it does is piss people off.

Listen KTR. I can tell the difference between someone not wanting to debate and someone spewing rage because I disagree with their religion.

This latest person had no problem going on at great length with the confused masses about how C/A are the true romance of FFVII. I responded with a couple sentences and was attacked. Saying I was spewing opinion and was bashing the pairing. Cursing was involved. When I responded to said attacks I got quite the rant about how I was attacking this persons beliefs.

So don't tell me what their fucking point was. You were not involved.

Honestly, this getting asshurt by proxy for the poor cleriths is a bad habit some of you seem to have.

Last edited:

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
I think this thread needs to get back to actually discussing the topic instead of talking about what other people were/are doing on other forums/sites, whether related or not.

Nothing in this thread is on topic, though. :monster:

Some are more than others. :monster:

Tifabelle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Tifabelle, Nathan Drake, Locke Cole, Kain Highwind, Yamcha, Arya Stark
I think this thread needs to get back to actually discussing the topic instead of talking about what other people were/are doing on other forums, whether related or not. :P

I think the problem is that there's nothing on-topic to talk about :monster:

Although I wouldn't mind talking more about this star business.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
Well, if there's nothing to talk about, why post in the thread? :monster:

By star, do you mean the star that was in the flashback to Cloud and Tifa talking on the tower in the early part of the game?

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Sonique, Quexinos, Pinkie Pie, Derpy Hooves
tumblr_lb6rebRIoI1qbxdwoo1_500.gif

That star :awesome:

Tifabelle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Yeah. Well, some people are considering Cloud's line in Dissidia, "wishing on a star" a reference to that. I didn't make the connection myself when playing Dissidia. But someone had said (paraphrasing), "How could it be a reference to Tifa? There are no stars connected to her!" Now, I had immediately remembered the well scene, and that there was a shooting star at the end of it. I suppose it could be a reference to Tifa or the promise, but I'm not entirely convinced.

EDIT: Hey, Q, great clip. Thanks for posting :awesome:

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Sonique, Quexinos, Pinkie Pie, Derpy Hooves
Also Cloud says the star thing in Dismantled so...

oh and Tifabelle was the one who found the pic:monster:

Tifabelle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Also Cloud says the star thing in Dismantled so...

I don't know if that would convince me. But yeah I guess it's there. What do you guys think? Do you think it was an intentional reference or just a phrase he was saying?

oh and Tifabelle was the one who found the pic:monster:

lol. You don't have to credit me or anything. I was teasing. It's hard to tell from that clip, but Tifa is looking up (or is she looking at Cloud?) so she may have seen it, but Cloud isn't so I doubt he would have noticed it. Or am I looking too much into it?

Alexia Ashford

SOMEONE IN THE CORRIDOR?
AKA
Konneh
Well it could be that the star is actually closer to us perspective wise and Cloud's looking out at the sky towards it. XD
who knows? They look like a 2nd grade art project to me so I'm not sure how much it matters what direction they're looking in the cutscene. XD

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
I don't know if that would convince me. But yeah I guess it's there. What do you guys think? Do you think it was an intentional reference or just a phrase he was saying?

Could go either way. It seems an odd departure from the way Firi's dream is otherwise described.

lol. You don't have to credit me or anything. I was teasing. It's hard to tell from that clip, but Tifa is looking up (or is she looking at Cloud?) so she may have seen it, but Cloud isn't so I doubt he would have noticed it. Or am I looking too much into it?

It is his memory, so I guess he had to have seen it.

And Ven, there's no reason to go Nuker on KTR. Take it from a proud flamewarrior- you don't always have to go nuclear ASAP.

KissTheRain

reality is a prison
AKA
jailbait
@ Vendel;

You're right I don't know this circumstance and I won't deny that there are some batshit insane Cleriths that say shit and don't back it up, but I also know you have a rep of going on people that aren't implying a debate at all and pissing off Cleriths watching the video. Maybe you know the difference between a fan and someone trying to set off a Cloti, but it doesn't seem to stop you from throwing out your Cloti ideals everywhere.
______

/ontopicpartofthispostsotennydoesn'tgetmad/

As for the star, I thought Tifa & the promise immediately. I mean as for personally opinion stars always reminded me of Cloti because of the promise scene and then The Night Under the Highwind, it just screams those two. Like Tidus/Yuna have sunsets, Cloud&Tifa have their starry night sky.

Vendel

Banned
And Ven, there's no reason to go Nuker on KTR. Take it from a proud flamewarrior- you don't always have to go nuclear ASAP.

I don't have a problem with KTR. I was just trying to nip that particular line of thinking in the bud.

KissTheRain said:
You're right I don't know this circumstance and I won't deny that there are some batshit insane Cleriths that say shit and don't back it up, but I also know you have a rep of going on people that aren't implying a debate at all and pissing off Cleriths watching the video.

They may not want a debate. But when they go from "oh I love this pairing, great vid etc" to "Cloud loves Aerith and not Tifa because she was a bitch to him etc" then a debate they will get.

I wont apologize for calling out bullshit when I see it. On a public forum no less.

Last edited:

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
Some of his earlier FF7 artwork, particularly the ones where Cloud's holding Aerith/Aerith's dead. Maybe it's just me, but i've always found the hands a little...odd. Generally love his work though.

The style he uses for FF games generally isn't the most realistic style, and FF7 and 8 were really during a period where he was experimenting with some more esoteric representations.

Ah, it was about three years ago or something, on I think Final Fantasy Forums? I can't really remember, but it was a big board with a huge LTD thread going on. I just remember signing up to debate because a bunch of people on CxA were doing so & we were basically copying and pasting from clerith.com to the couple of people who were debating with us. Your name stuck out because I remember accussing you of being "mean and nasty" to me :desu:

Oh, like THAT narrows it down...
But yes, I remember the forum, the mods, and the meltdown.

Yeah...as I say, I was a FFVII noob back then :monster: That thread was pretty lulzy though, I seem to remember something about how the mods hated anyone arguing for Cloti and kept "warning" them about hurting people's feelings cause Clerith "interpretation" was the right answer.

Yeah. Wildly inconsistent application of rules, sudden mass deletion of posts, and the whole shitstorm.

Haha I think I remember this. Tiff and I were there too. That mod was hilarious.

Deranged, too.

That Mod was a bitch, and I told her so. :monster:

She said something about being in a foul mood because she was trying to take care of her kid AND LTD at the same time or some shit... why are you posting on Forums if your kid is crying? I don't even know, the Admins there are fucked in the head XD

Didn't that get brought up during the massive censor storm? I stopped paying attention after awhile.

I don't have a problem with KTR. I was just trying to nip that particular line of thinking in the bud.

Fair enough, but you come across as 'going off' on her.

They may not want a debate. But when they go from "oh I love this pairing, great vid etc" to "Cloud loves Aerith and not Tifa because she was a bitch to him etc" then a debate they will get.

I wont apologize for calling out bullshit when I see it. On a public forum no less.

And no one's saying you should. Just to make sure Bullshit is bullshit before launching the Alpha strike.

/ontopicpartofthispostsotennydoesn'tgetmad/

FEAR HER.

As for the star, I thought Tifa & the promise immediately. I mean as for personally opinion stars always reminded me of Cloti because of the promise scene and then The Night Under the Highwind, it just screams those two. Like Tidus/Yuna have sunsets, Cloud&Tifa have their starry night sky.

When I played the game, I actually posted here to the effect that it was hilarious that Cloud referenced the Shooting star. I still don't think the point of it was to reference the romance specifically, but Cloud's own hopes and dreams related to that star, in a comparison and contrast between him and Firi.

Last edited:

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
Honestly, this getting asshurt by proxy for the poor cleriths is a bad habit some of you seem to have.

Kh36h.gif

You have a bad habit of treating "Clerith" and "Cloti" as separate beings... as if Clerith is some foreign group of aliens or something. I think Em makes a good point. And don't go jumping into a Clerith based video, and then complain that there are Cleriths there. Lol.

ON THE SUBJECT OF DISSIDIA~
I think the whole star thing connecting to Tifa is a long shot, but could be possible. If anything, it still makes more sense than saying the flowerfield at the end of the game is some how representing Aerith.

Didn't that get brought up during the massive censor storm? I stopped paying attention after awhile.

Yeeah I don't recall, but... I do remember that lulzy PM about it. Draaamaaa. BD

ON THE SUBJECT OF DISSIDIA~
I think the whole star thing connecting to Tifa is a long shot, but could be possible. If anything, it still makes more sense than saying the flowerfield at the end of the game is some how representing Aerith.

I still find the whole flowers = Aerith thing mindbogglingly stupid... like not enough face palms in the world kind of stupid. And no, not because of the Clerith, but because people are jumping to that conclusion without thinking of the 'why'. WHY is she being represented? What does this mean to the story of Dissidia?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom