New year, New LTD thread. (Round 5)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why does the possibility of them being wrong never come up?

Because some people don't realize that it's better to be right in the end rather than insist you were right from the beginning. To them it's defeat, rather than simply changing your opinion based on new evidence, which there is absolutely nothing wrong with.

Zee

wangxian married
AKA
Zee
and Marlene was mixing drinks? Why don't I remember that? XD

It's when Tifa first goes on the mission with the group, she leaves Marlene in charge.

SHIKKKA SHIKKKA CLINK

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Sonique, Quexinos, Pinkie Pie, Derpy Hooves
okay that's 37 minutes long and it's been a while since I played, wanna narrow it down for me?

EDIT:
NM saw it

that's messed up, I think she was just playing though XD

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
Lol, I don't get why people make such a big deal out of it. Marlene is probably used to helping out around there, and really, if it were dangerous Tifa (as well as Barret) would have made more of a complaint. Not to mention it has that secret underground place where she could go off and hide if there *Was* trouble. Not sure what kind of trouble she'd run into in a place full of Tifa's friends. =P Or people that generally like Tifa and her group.

Vendel

Banned
Lol, I don't get why people make such a big deal out of it. Marlene is probably used to helping out around there, and really, if it were dangerous Tifa (as well as Barret) would have made more of a complaint. Not to mention it has that secret underground place where she could go off and hide if there *Was* trouble. Not sure what kind of trouble she'd run into in a place full of Tifa's friends. =P Or people that generally like Tifa and her group.

I just find it funny that the people who insist Barret is a member of the 7th heaven family post him leaving in CoT (Because Marlene is his daughter after all). Are the same people who say something is wrong with Tifa for leaving her in the bar alone.

So if it can somehow degrade Cloud and Tifa's rolls post FFVII Barret is present and accounted for. But when it is to make Tifa look bad, suddenly he is no longer a factor?

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
New question because someone actually brought something up that I hadn't considered before. Before FFVII and during, do you think what Barret, Marlene and Tifa (and other members of Avalanche) had going could be called a "family." Maybe Marlene saw it as such and that's why she "invited" Cloud into it in CoT. He was the new comer. The NEW family member. It actually does make sense to put Barret in there when you think about it, but I can't just ignore all the quotes :(

But what are your thoughts on this? Does this make a little bit of sense? It did to me.

Vendel

Banned
New question because someone actually brought something up that I hadn't considered before. Before FFVII and during, do you think what Barret, Marlene and Tifa (and other members of Avalanche) had going could be called a "family." Maybe Marlene saw it as such and that's why she "invited" Cloud into it in CoT. He was the new comer. The NEW family member. It actually does make sense to put Barret in there when you think about it, but I can't just ignore all the quotes :(

But what are your thoughts on this? Does this make a little bit of sense? It did to me.

For me it's quite clear that the AVALANCHE before Cloud shows up is the "family of friends". Those were the people who shared Tifa's wounds and sins. They were the ones comforting and encouraging each other.

That is completely different than "starting a family" with someone.

Also what Marlene considers her family would be different than let's say Cloud or Denzel.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Also what Marlene considers her family would be different than let's say Cloud or Denzel.
I completely and totally agree with this and I can get behind it if a Clerith wants to tell me that. But for some reason they keep saying that Cloud sees Barret and all his friends as family. But that quote from the AC Playback says something different UNLESS you're going to try to put the kids in his family as well :P

Vendel

Banned
I completely and totally agree with this and I can get behind it if a Clerith wants to tell me that. But for some reason they keep saying that Cloud sees Barret and all his friends as family. But that quote from the AC Playback says something different UNLESS you're going to try to put the kids in his family as well :P

Why would the family of 4 get so much attention in CoT, ACC and the Ultimania if it was supposed to include everyone?

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
They were living together but... the others are part of the family some other way? idk I didn't get it either.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
And Tifa calls them "comrades" not family :monster:

but okay that's enough about that.. uh

..grr.. Tifa is TOO in character :rage:

They were living together but... the others are part of the family some other way? idk I didn't get it either.

Think of it maybe like an immediate family and an extended family? You have the mom, dad and kids, and they are a family on their own, but the rest of the friends and team are considered close enough to Cloud, Tifa and even Marlene that they are, in their hearts, apart of their family too.

Doesn't mean they are included when quotes talk about "the family" though.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
So Yuffie, Cid, Vincent, Red, and Cait/Reeve are like, the aunts, uncles, and cousins. :monster:

Maybe?

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
But guiz I never saw Tifa as cheerful so this is a contradiction lawz

Why does the possibility of them being wrong never come up? Sometimes seriously, I wish there was a way to whack people upside the head through the internets.

You and me both.

What's really bugging me is I seem to remember quite a handful of certain people wanting Tifa to be independent in this game and head strong and to really take the bull by the horns. They didn't want Tifa to cling to Cloud and were hoping to see her fighting for herself. Well, they got that, and now that she does, they complain she's OOC.

She's OOC because THEY HATE TIFA. End of. They are searching for excuses to hate her for a semilegitimate reason because the real reason they hate her is laughable.

Because some people don't realize that it's better to be right in the end rather than insist you were right from the beginning. To them it's defeat, rather than simply changing your opinion based on new evidence, which there is absolutely nothing wrong with.

This, a thousand times this.
"I must be right for I am never wrong!" and "I must ensure I am correct because I hate to be wrong" are two entirely different mindsets. The latter is commendable, the prior is delusion.

It makes sense, but has absolutely no bearing on Cloud's family and certainly doesn't make Barret the dad of it.

Think of it maybe like an immediate family and an extended family? You have the mom, dad and kids, and they are a family on their own, but the rest of the friends and team are considered close enough to Cloud, Tifa and even Marlene that they are, in their hearts, apart of their family too.

Doesn't mean they are included when quotes talk about "the family" though.

Immediate and extended family really is the best way to look at it. Especially if you think of Marlene like a niece to Cloud and Tifa. It doesn't mean Barret is any less her father, he's just not the father figure of the family she's staying with.

So Yuffie, Cid, Vincent, Red, and Cait/Reeve are like, the aunts, uncles, and cousins. :monster:

Maybe?

Yes. Exactly like that, in fact. Which reminds me, I need to ask Uncle Burnietail if he was in Japan around the mid 90s. He and Aunt Gunarma are well travelled.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
On topic... :monster:

AerTi proofz.

456297.jpg

someone's being a creepy stalker desu :awesome:

Is that image official? Did they really put KH Aerith on there?

I can't wait to hear about how this new Dissidia info is meaningless.

Now the Itadaki street special opening, THAT means something.

Honestly, I don't see the 012 stuff as particularly LTD-relevant. No more so than anything in the first Dissidia.

Not that the pairing needed 012 for evidence, hints or confirmation to begin with given that it's already been confirmed as canon.

It's only those things if one assumes that Cloud wouldn't have faced Chaos for the sake of Barret, Cid, Yuffie, Vincent, Reeve, Red XIII or Aerith, or that his final thoughts would not have been concern over them if he knew he were dying while they were stuck in that situation. And I personally don't believe either of those things.

Sure, he behaved somewhat differently than he would have with them. He would have probably made some eye contact during the conversation following the battle with Sephiroth, for instance.

But overall, we can expect the scenario to have played out much the same, I think.

Tifabelle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Tifabelle, Nathan Drake, Locke Cole, Kain Highwind, Yamcha, Arya Stark
Cloud does say something like..."I can't help anyone. Not my family. Not my friends." So he does see them separately. Plus, when he talks to Marlene, he does identify the three of them as the people who have helped him. Unfortunately, Barret is not mentioned.

I do think they are all a part of an extended family. I mean...Yuffie refers to them as "war buddies". I mean...it's not stated anywhere that any one of them considers the rest family, but I still think there is a certain "extended family" feeling to them.

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
Honestly, I don't see the 012 stuff as particularly LTD-relevant. No more so than anything in the first Dissidia.
thisx1000000

its no more relevant than kingdom hearts crap or random pics of Cloud beating Tifa up in Ergeiz. Only thing that really matters is og timeline.

Lym

♥
I have a quick question. Someone told me the events in Dissidia are canon. Is that true?

I haven't played it yet.

Splintered

unsavory tart
I have a quick question. Someone told me the events in Dissidia are canon. Is that true?

I haven't played it yet.
Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

hhhhhhhhhh

There's, apparently, evidence to say that it is (inb4the Tres/Mako). But a lot of people don't bother with it.

Personally, I don't treat it as canon, especially since the games are created by a whole bunch of creative teams and I think it's a shame to allow Dissidia to shit on their characters without their say. But that's just me.

This is one of the things that you are going to get a lot of fights about.

Elisa Maza

Whomst
We don't know how exactly Dissidia affects the FF original storylines (IF it does at all), or where exactly the events of Dissidia are placed in every FF game. However, the world of Dissidia consists of all the FF worlds smashed together, with the world of FFI being the base.

The Dissidia events ARE canon (on the contrast with the KH ones, who are AU), but whether they hold water for each FF storyline is dubious, since 1) the characters' memories are wiped out 2) nothing suggests the Dissidia war had any effect on the FF stories, save maybe from FFI.

... Well fuck you guys I'm fangirling Cloti in Dissidia anyway.

gifsamboss.gif

Hey, lemme join you! :excited:

Gym Leader Devil

True Master of the Dark-type (suck it Piers)
AKA
So many names
But remember, its probable that the only reason there was no effect on the "real" FF worlds is the good guys won the final cycle. Had the Warriors of Chaos won, existence as everyone knows it would have ended. That's what makes it possible as canon, although Status Quo is still God, it coulda gone the other way from an in-universe perspective.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom