New year, New LTD thread. (Round 5)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frostwave

lil' rice krispies
AKA
Elizabeth, Selda
^(Kujaaaaaa whhhhhyyyyy T.T)

I just wanted to see all my favorite characters fighting and trash-talking each other. No wonky story required.

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
A canon Dissidia would mean that Kuja is canonically, a prat, and I will never accept that.

birdfight.gif

IT'S TIME TO GET MY BAIT FOR ZIDANE FISHING

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato
Cloud does say something like..."I can't help anyone. Not my family. Not my friends." So he does see them separately. Plus, when he talks to Marlene, he does identify the three of them as the people who have helped him. Unfortunately, Barret is not mentioned.

I do think they are all a part of an extended family. I mean...Yuffie refers to them as "war buddies". I mean...it's not stated anywhere that any one of them considers the rest family, but I still think there is a certain "extended family" feeling to them.

Gonna have to agree with this. I normally don't have a problem with the nonrelated cast of a game, book, or other work of fiction being considered a family because actual parental figures tend to have less then awesome mortality rates, but when Case of Tifa says "family" they mean father, mother, daughter, son, the archtypical group of people living together, type of family. And Barret, being away doesn't curently have a role in that image. In fact, I'd say that's quite obviously the whole reason Barret was removed and Denzel was created, to create that image. AC was originally just about Cloud and Tifa's personal problem until SE decided it needed a sidehelping of Sepiroth, right?

Vendel

Banned
Honestly, I don't see the 012 stuff as particularly LTD-relevant. No more so than anything in the first Dissidia.

:facepalm:

Okay who invited Buzz Killington here?

Not that the pairing needed 012 for evidence, hints or confirmation to begin with given that it's already been confirmed as canon.

Yes we already know that. My comment was directed at those who insist the compilation and AU games give us 'hints' about who Cloud loves. Also their attempts to explain away this particular game that has nothing to do with Aerith.

It's only those things if one assumes that Cloud wouldn't have faced Chaos for the sake of Barret, Cid, Yuffie, Vincent, Reeve, Red XIII or Aerith, or that his final thoughts would not have been concern over them if he knew he were dying while they were stuck in that situation. And I personally don't believe either of those things.

Here you and I will have to disagree. You don't have yet another scene bring up 'the promise' if you want us to believe that. I just don't see Cloud lying there and have his dying thoughts be of Reeve.

At least not in such an overly dramatic artsy way. I mean the pause before he says "Tifa" is such a buildup that when he finally says it I felt like having a smoke.

Elisa Maza

Whomst
One last question regarding Dissidia:

I read somewhere that at first, Dissidia wasn't supposed to be a part of the FF stories, but after the popularity of it, they decided it would be.

Can anyone confirm/deny this?

Zee

wangxian married
AKA
Zee
Cloud does say something like..."I can't help anyone. Not my family. Not my friends." So he does see them separately. Plus, when he talks to Marlene, he does identify the three of them as the people who have helped him. Unfortunately, Barret is not mentioned.

Reiterating most of what I posted at CxA but Barret, Tifa, and Marlene have been a little family since FF7, hence why Marlene invites Cloud into the family in CoT. Seeing as how Cloud's the newcomer, he probably sees Tifa and Denzel more as his family than Barret and Marlene (although I like to think after all the shit they went through in FF7, they are totally cool now), but that doesn't mean they still aren't all part of the family dynamic.

At least not in such an overly dramatic artsy way. I mean the pause before he says "Tifa" is such a buildup that when he finally says it I felt like having a smoke.

281ybo4.gif

Zee

wangxian married
AKA
Zee
You know what this means right

THIS IS NOW AN OTP. FIC. ART. LET'S MAKE THIS HAPPEN.

@Vendel trying to use gifs

awkwaaaard.gif

Last edited:

Gym Leader Devil

True Master of the Dark-type (suck it Piers)
AKA
So many names
Can it be a wacky comedic misunderstanding fic where Barret does not know the gorgeous blonde in the silk dress is actually Cloud till its too late? :awesome:

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
A canon Dissidia would mean that Kuja is canonically, a prat, and I will never accept that.

birdfight.gif

Dude, a Canon 9 makes him a prat.

^(Kujaaaaaa whhhhhyyyyy T.T)

I just wanted to see all my favorite characters fighting and trash-talking each other. No wonky story required.

But without the wonky stories, where would those characters be?

One last question regarding Dissidia:

I read somewhere that at first, Dissidia wasn't supposed to be a part of the FF stories, but after the popularity of it, they decided it would be.

Can anyone confirm/deny this?

This does not ring any bells. IIRC, pre-release it was discussed as an official FF title.

Zee said:
Reiterating most of what I posted at CxA but Barret, Tifa, and Marlene,Biggs, Wedge, and Jesse have been a little family since FF7, hence why Marlene invites Cloud into the family in CoT. Seeing as how Cloud's the newcomer, he probably sees Tifa and Denzel more as his family than Barret and Marlene (although I like to think after all the shit they went through in FF7, they are totally cool now), but that doesn't mean they still aren't all part of the family dynamic.

Fixed that for you.
And even if Barret is part of the family dynamic, it doesn't mean he's part of the nuclear family dynamic, or the 'father' of that dynamic. He's Marlene's father, yes. Not the family father figure, which is where all this nonsense typically winds up.

Zee

wangxian married
AKA
Zee
And even if Barret is part of the family dynamic, it doesn't mean he's part of the nuclear family dynamic, or the 'father' of that dynamic. He's Marlene's father, yes. Not the family father figure, which is where all this nonsense typically winds up.

lol Cloud is so not a father figure. The only person he's like a dad to is Denzel, and that has nothing to do with the group dynamic. Barret always has been the daddy/uncle/older brother of the group.

Can it be a wacky comedic misunderstanding fic where Barret does not know the gorgeous blonde in the silk dress is actually Cloud till its too late?

Daddy's so lonely...

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
lol Cloud is so not a father figure. The only person he's like a dad to is Denzel, and that has nothing to do with the group dynamic.

Except that Cloud DOES fill the role of the father figure in the 7th heaven family, and Barret DOES NOT.

Barret always has been the daddy/uncle/older brother of the group.

Older Brother, sure, but why would he be the daddy to anyone but Marlene? He certainly doesn't act like that towards Tifa or old AVALANCHE, and new AVALANCHE would probably just laugh in his face if he tried.

Zee

wangxian married
AKA
Zee
Except that Cloud DOES fill the role of the father figure in the 7th heaven family, and Barret DOES NOT.

That only applies to the Tifa/Denzel/Cloud dynamic. Once you add in Barret or Marlene (and both of them DO live in 7th Heaven), it doesn't fly. The point is it's kinda stupid to shoehorn these characters into typical family roles when it's a created family, and it's really like two families together to become one big family. Obviously they all see each other as such, but to different extents for each of them.

Older Brother, sure, but why would he be the daddy to anyone but Marlene?

That would be why I put the x/y/z like that. Obvs. he's daddy to Marlene, and older brother to the group.

Gym Leader Devil

AKA
So many names
Remember in the game where Barret elects Cid temporary leader because he's proven unsuitable for the role? Maybe he feels the same way about leading a family (though I shudder with fear at the idea of anyone trying to take Marlene away forever).

Zee

wangxian married
AKA
Zee
Remember in the game where Barret elects Cid temporary leader because he's proven unsuitable for the role? Maybe he feels the same way about leading a family (though I shudder with fear at the idea of anyone trying to take Marlene away forever).

He said that he had doubts about raising Marlene because his hands are stained with blood, but I gathered that him searching for a new energy source was his way of redeeming himself and making himself worthy of being her father.

Gym Leader Devil

AKA
So many names
Exactly. He'll come back for Marlene now that he found the huuuuuge oil field. And Cloud/Tifa will still be Denzel's parents, so no Barret is still not THE father figure, just A father figure.

Vendel

Banned
That only applies to the Tifa/Denzel/Cloud dynamic. Once you add in Barret or Marlene (and both of them DO live in 7th Heaven),

As of CoD we still have no indication Barret has returned to Edge, let alone 7th Heaven.

So no Barret DOESN'T live in 7th Heaven.

Zee

wangxian married
AKA
Zee
Exactly. He'll come back for Marlene now that he found the huuuuuge oil field. And Cloud/Tifa will still be Denzel's parents, so no Barret is still not THE father figure, just A father figure.

That sort of what I was trying to get at. Cloud and Barret are both father figures to their respected kids.

So no Barret DOESN'T live in 7th Heaven.

He does live in 7th Heaven during CoT. He leaves Marlene there as he goes on his righteous quest. And in Dirge he's reunited with the group, so odds are pretty high he went back home to be with his kid.

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato
The point is it's kinda stupid to shoehorn these characters into typical family roles when it's a created family, and it's really like two families together to become one big family. Obviously they all see each other as such, but to different extents for each of them.

"His answer was that boys were just like that. So there really wasn’t any problem. They were just a normal family. The answer didn’t make her understand but, the words “normal family” relieved Tifa.
After the bar was closed, the usual three people sat around the table. It wouldn’t be a surprise if someone said it was a young father with his two children. If I felt like it, I could go over to that table and be welcomed with smiles."

Blame Tifa.

Zee

wangxian married
AKA
Zee
After the bar was closed, the usual three people sat around the table. It wouldn’t be a surprise if someone said it was a young father with his two children. If I felt like it, I could go over to that table and be welcomed with smiles."

Blame Tifa.

I feel like at this point I'm reiterating what I just said, but Tifa sees Cloud as a father figure because of Denzel. He is not a father figure to Marlene. End of.

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato
Denzel and Marlene were sorting out the slips. When there were any words that Marlene couldn’t read, she asked Denzel. Denzel would then teach Marlene like an older brother. When there were words that even Denzel couldn’t read, he would ask Cloud. Cloud had the habit of handing them a pen after telling them how to read them. He said that if they couldn’t write it, then they wouldn’t be able to remember it. Looking at the names of places on the slips, the children asked Cloud what they were like. Cloud’s descriptions were simple. There are lots of people. There are very little people. There’s lots of monsters so it’s dangerous. Taking the north route is safer. They were descriptions that would make you ask, “is that all?” but the children seemed satisfied. Soon, Tifa wanted to talk too. When she added in more detail, Denzel would ask Cloud if it was true. It annoyed Tifa a little, but she also thought it was all right. That’s probably what normal families were like. Tifa wondered if they became a real family after Denzel appeared. Cloud was clearly taking less jobs. At night, he would always make sure he had time to spend with the children. The silly little conversations he had with Tifa were also back.

He teaches her words, puts food on her table and bangs her motherfigure. How is that not a fatherfigure.

Tir McDohl

rune bearer
AKA
Yula
I may be rusty, but I got the impression from CoT and ACC that Marlene sees Cloud as a father figure, too. I don't see the problem with her having a similar dynamic with them both. Is it a contest? :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom