New year, New LTD thread. (Round 5)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gym Leader Devil

True Master of the Dark-type (suck it Piers)
AKA
So many names
Dear gods... I clicked the link, and now if I have to hear the word "magical" just one more time I am stabbing Fighter in the head. Not sure how, but this is totally his fault.

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
I saw Cloud and Tifa's date as a bit romantic, because Cloud is actually interested in what Tifa has to say, instead of going "Wat? U want to meet the real me? Idgi". Also, notice how there are negative options along Aerith's date? But there are no negative options for Tifa.

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato
The second and most known argument used. The song that plays on the gondola is indeed a song named "Interrupted by Fireworks."

In her defense, if that really is the Cloti argument she's run into most, the people she debates against are beyond stupid.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
Well it was in an Ultimania... so it's not like Nomura himself said so in an interview or anything... but the Ultimanias are canon.

But you see cause there's another page in the Ultimania that says there's 2 highwind scenes, that somehow renders the article uncanon. And apparently to make it even more scandalous TLS hid the fact that there was a page that said there was 2 highwind scenes in the same Ultimania. I guess that wasn't common knowledge like we all thought it was... apparently TLS was the only site that knew this. And shame on them for not mentioning it sooner :kermit:

Yes, for shame, even though I mentioned it both on here and in my FFVII Plot Analysis FAQ weeks before they ever brought it up. :awesome:

That article on LiveJournal is pretty sad. Look at these selective omissions:

Also, Aerith being the default date is further proven by the following scan and translation of a FFVII 10th Anniversary Ultimania page.

Translation done by Saeki of the CxA forums:
Top left :
Cloud, come and rescue me okay?
Top Middle :
Are you okay?
Top right :
Aerith : I'm looking for you.
Centre :
FFVII has always been in our hearts ~

This page is showing significant scenes from the game. And as you can see, the date that is shown is Aerith's along with her line "I'm looking for you". To think, if Tifa's was the default date one of her lines would appear on this scan?

Yet, for whatever reason (we know the reason), the high affection Highwind scene being one of only four scenes in FFVII's Impressive Scenes section (a "page ... showing significant scenes from the game") of the FF 20th Anniversary Ultimania File 2: Scenario doesn't seem to matter.

And, from the Final Fantasy Art Collection, an official collection of collector's cards;
#065 AERITH GAINSBOROUGH
Going to the Promised Land The fated meeting with Cloud wavers the fate of Aerith. The Cetra language that Aerith heard from her mother when she was young. A person who nurtures the Planet. As the last of the Ancient race, she takes it as her responsibility to go to the Promised Land that she has not seen. Aerith sees traces of Zack in Cloud and her very pure heart leads her to develop a liking for Cloud.

Well then, let's see...... How about if I go out with you once?
(Payment for Cloud.)

No, Cloud... I'm searching for you...
(First and last date.)

The first line is when the date first comes up, which suggests that it will eventually come to pass. The second line acknowledges the date between Cloud and Aerith and says it is their last. Meaning the date did occur.

But Tifa's card from the same card collection is apparently meaningless, even though it has her "words aren't the only way" line from the high affection Highwind scene, and says -- in equally definite terms -- "(Night before the final battle, when she and Cloud are alone)" beneath it.

Let's also note the selectivity of recognizing that the Aerith card says "last date" while ignoring that it says "first" -- since that wouldn't mesh with emphasizing how the Crisis Core Complete Guide called Aerith and Cloud taking a break in Sector 5's park a date.

'Cause you know SE would never be inconsistent with which version(s) of the Gold Saucer date they acknowledge from one mention to the next (they constantly are).

One last thing I'd like to point out; in the scan from the Final Fantasy 20th Anniversary Ultimania Clotis have claimed that Cloud and Tifa are canon because they *think* that the high affection version of the Highwind scene is default-despite there not being any supporting evidence to prove that-

No supporting evidence, she means, other than the same kind of stuff that was gleefully used moments earlier to argue in favor of the position that Aerith's date is canon.

Of course, the evidence -- nay, confirmation -- for the high affection Highwind scene goes much further than that.

They like to ignore that Cloud and Aerith's date is also shown on that same exact page.

I don't remember ever ignoring it. How about you guys? Pretty sure I put it up there front and center right from the beginning.

Even before I mentioned what the Ultimania had to say about Cloud and Tifa.

I guess translating the caption under the screenshot that says "Who comes around with the invitation is dependent on Cloud's behavior" so that the full context is recognized amounts to ignoring information somehow.

Clearly, understanding comes from just looking at pictures without bothering with reading the words next to them.

And would you guess what scene is shown? The magical date in the city of desire that Cloud and Aerith go on. Clotis like to say it doesn't mean anything because all the date quote speaks of is how multiple people can appear on the date. However, Clotis ignore that the highwind scene is also said to be optional with no canon outcome.

If only that last line were actually said she might have a point. :monster:

... What a retarded bitch.

Last edited:

Fighter

Pro Adventurer
In her defense, if that really is the Cloti argument she's run into most, the people she debates against are beyond stupid.

Maybe she doesn't realize but most 'clotis' (at least the old school debaters) think Aerith's date fits the story better.

Last edited:

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu

It's not. But Cali has never let what people are actually saying get in the way of what she wishes they were saying.
That quotes thing at the top is a perfect example.
But yes, Cali= Crazy Ass Pinker. Of the highest order.

Lym

♥
Hello, there. Just popping in to ask where most of the Cloud quotes from the top of that lj page came from:

Her smile was a good purchase.
She's a girl with extraordinary eyes.
But above all else, to unfreeze her smile.
Aerith used to smile like a flower.
Meeting her again, that is my dream.
I was her friend... and lover.

The third reminds me of some of the late-game dialogue, but where did she take the rest from?

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
Hello, there. Just popping in to ask where most of the Cloud quotes from the top of that lj page came from:

I was her friend... and lover.

The third reminds me of some of the late-game dialogue, but where did she take the rest from?
1 and 2 are from dismantled i believe
3rd is from a later part in the game, sometime before the lifestream I think? idk
4th may be from dismantled
5th is from a magazine, never said by cloud
6th is sort of a reverse of a quote from lifestream white where aerith says cloud is her friend and lover blah

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
Oh, I wasn't aware that this was someone the ltd knew.

I was too distracted by the use of godwin.
nah, she's leik the opposite of tana: instead of posting lots of sex, she posts about how chaste and innocent everything is

cali and tana make up sort of the yin and yang of crazy ff7 shipping

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Sonique, Quexinos, Pinkie Pie, Derpy Hooves
Damn Cali's still alive? What a shame.

Before she made her big "BAAAW I'm leaivng cuz no one lieks me cuz i ship Clerith boo hoo" post on CxA, she forwarded a 5 month old PM to Anastar that I had sent her. It was in response to a PM she had sent me basically trying to make peace with me. So I sent her one back explaining why she had pissed me off in the past but that everything was cool now. We SUPPOSEDLY made peace, and then she went and pulled that.

Just goes to show her true nature.

Vendel

Banned
You'll eat it. You'll eat it and like it! *uwill*

Vomit-1.gif

Goodbye Charlie

Rising Chest-Bank Protestor
I got a hidden optional scene, where Cloud stays in his room and you can win a pink ribbon by achieving a high score in the adjoining bathroom. You simply need to waggle the joystick from left to right until you reach the climax of the sub game.

No wait, I'm getting mixed up - that was "Daley Thompson's Decathlon" on the Spectrum.

No, that's not right, it was a week last Thursday in my bathroom.

Oh, and it wasn't a pink ribbon at all, but I figured I'd throw that in there in case there's a chance of it becoming a tenuous last grasp at canon proof from those who read evidence with the same tenacity as repeatedly bashing their head against a brick wall.

Gym Leader Devil

True Master of the Dark-type (suck it Piers)
AKA
So many names
Invader-Zim.gif

This is our eventual fate. The Pinkers will win the day all Cloti have bashed their own heads in in frustration.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
Is there a good quality image of that card the 'magical date in the city of desire' thing is supposed to be from? I like to see stuff with my own eyes before I trust them :awesome:

All other nonsensical stuff aside, I do think going to see (or in this case being in) a play together is enough to qualify as a date :monster:
See a play together and ride some theme park thing = you're totally going to be hitting that.

I need to go to the theatre more.

And get more dates in general :sadpanda:

actually i would like someone to take me to the theatre because i don't get enough romance/forever alone

1 and 2 are from dismantled i believe
3rd is from a later part in the game, sometime before the lifestream I think? idk
4th may be from dismantled
5th is from a magazine, never said by cloud
6th is sort of a reverse of a quote from lifestream white where aerith says cloud is her friend and lover blah
I think the first four could be traced back to Dismantled

その笑顔が1ギルなら、安い買い物だったか。 (If that smile is 1 gil,

印象的な瞳の娘だった。 (She was a girl with extraordinary/striking eyes.)

そして、何よりも――凍てついた彼女の微笑みを溶かすために。 (And, above all-- to unfreeze her smile.)

エアリスはどんなときでも、花のように笑ってみせた。 (Aerith always used to smile like a flower.)

(what does that actually mean)

And the fifth:

彼女との再会――それがMy Dream

That looks more like a line from a pop song than film dialogue.

Ah dismantled. It's fine until you get to Benny's prose. That should be avoided at all cost.
There is actually any part of that book other than Benny's that people pay any attention to? :awesome:

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Sonique, Quexinos, Pinkie Pie, Derpy Hooves
There is actually any part of that book other than Benny's that people pay any attention to?
I have my cat's claw trimmers sitting on the book right now, does that count for anything?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom