New year, New LTD thread. (Round 5)

Status
Not open for further replies.

I Am Not Me

The Mean Clack
AKA
Mei, Koibito, Stalker, Little Dude, Nami
A bit of LTD lurkin' to cheer myself up.

This literally made me 'PFFT' IRL, so I thought I'd share.

ltdlurkin-1.jpg

Thank you for cheering me up, Cleriths. :monster:

I just realized that I'm actually pretty addicted to this LTD thing. I wish we had more cleriths arguing stuff in here.

I've also been stalking Quexi's forums. BD Just sayin'.

Last edited:

Splintered

unsavory tart
I've seen this "Cloti is the past" thing pop a lot actually.

It does make for delicious irony. I guess they missed the whole, "Did we lose to our memories" part in AC/C.

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
How is Cloti past, when they are living together and growing closer together in the present? Wouldn't Clerith be the past, since any sort of relationship Cloud and Aerith formed was not able to grow any stronger since Aerith died? I'm not saying he can't love her because she's dead, but they certainly can't continue to form a stronger relationship while Cloud continues to live and she floats around as a spirit.

I brought this up before and the counter argument had been "Well Aerith speaks to Cloud presently as a spirit so it still counts as the present"... Then why aren't Zack and Aerith also the present? And where has it ever stated that Cloud and Tifa's childhood crush and mutual feelings for one another ever faded? Because I certainly can't find a statement like that anywhere.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Sonique, Quexinos, Pinkie Pie, Derpy Hooves
How is Cloti past, when they are living together and growing closer together in the present? Wouldn't Clerith be the past, since any sort of relationship Cloud and Aerith formed was not able to grow any stronger since Aerith died? I'm not saying he can't love her because she's dead, but they certainly can't continue to form a stronger relationship while Cloud continues to live and she floats around as a spirit.
Spirit sex dude, where have you been?

Gym Leader Devil

True Master of the Dark-type (suck it Piers)
AKA
So many names
Hooray for Necrophilia! Making batshit shipping insanity slightly more plausible in Cleriths' minds for many years and counting!

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Necrophilia has nothing to do with it... it's about her living inside of Cloud as a parasite or something.

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
A bit of LTD lurkin' to cheer myself up.

This literally made me 'PFFT' IRL, so I thought I'd share.

ltdlurkin-1.jpg

Thank you for cheering me up, Cleriths. :monster:

That's some heavy Kool-Aid right there.

I just realized that I'm actually pretty addicted to this LTD thing. I wish we had more cleriths arguing stuff in here.

The problem is they've gone into lockdown mode.

I've also been stalking Quexi's forums. BD Just sayin'.

If it keeps you from stalking people RL, maybe it's for the best, shortstack.

I've seen this "Cloti is the past" thing pop a lot actually.

It does make for delicious irony. I guess they missed the whole, "Did we lose to our memories" part in AC/C.

They didn't miss it so much as try and savagely beat their memory of it to death with a ball peen hammer.

Cleriths literally assert otherwise. Moreover, they assert this makes for a stronger relationship somehow. Also, soul melding. It's better than sex. Or something.

I brought this up before and the counter argument had been "Well Aerith speaks to Cloud presently as a spirit so it still counts as the present"... Then why aren't Zack and Aerith also the present? And where has it ever stated that Cloud and Tifa's childhood crush and mutual feelings for one another ever faded? Because I certainly can't find a statement like that anywhere.

Once again, it's literally things asserted fervently, but never supported. And it's still better than it used to be because it used to be a giant uphill battle to even get them to admit he had a crush in his childhood and even that would be immediately forgotten.

Necrophilia has nothing to do with it... it's about her living inside of Cloud as a parasite or something.

Necro is necro. In universes where such things exist, it would cover zombies, ghosts, and possibly Frank's monster and Vampires, depending on their particular rules.
In other words, you need to work on your 'completely earnest response, wink' more.

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
The problem is they've gone into lockdown mode.
more like they've made up their minds and no one is going to change them. why the fuck go to some other place they don't feel comfortable in? as much as you want to say BUT THEY MUST KNOW THE LIGHT OF CANON AND HOW WRONG THEY ARE they simply don't give enough of a fuck to come here.

Cleriths literally assert otherwise. Moreover, they assert this makes for a stronger relationship somehow. Also, soul melding. It's better than sex. Or something.
this is like saying 'all clotis believe that denzel is literally cloud and tifa's child which they had illegitimately when tifa was 13'. i wish we still used some sort of designation to describe bizarro cleriths like we have clito for crazy clotis.

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu
more like they've made up their minds and no one is going to change them. why the fuck go to some other place they don't feel comfortable in? as much as you want to say BUT THEY MUST KNOW THE LIGHT OF CANON AND HOW WRONG THEY ARE they simply don't give enough of a fuck to come here.

That is lockdown mode. Regardless of the motivation being 'not giving a fuck' and 'giving a fuck but not having the fortitude to test your claims among others', lockdown is lockdown.

this is like saying 'all clotis believe that denzel is literally cloud and tifa's child which they had illegitimately when tifa was 13'. i wish we still used some sort of designation to describe bizarro cleriths like we have clito for crazy clotis.

Except the part where I never said all. And the part where no one as far as I am aware ACTUALLY believes the Water Tower nonsense, but there are notable denizens of pink hell that DO assert the things I mentioned as being asserted.
And we DID have a fucking designation- Pinkers- but people bitched about that too.

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
That is lockdown mode. Regardless of the motivation being 'not giving a fuck' and 'giving a fuck but not having the fortitude to test your claims among others', lockdown is lockdown.
so if I don't give a fuck about something and not post in a thread about it, am I on lockdown from it?

wat
Except the part where I never said all. And the part where no one as far as I am aware ACTUALLY believes the Water Tower nonsense, but there are notable denizens of pink hell that DO assert the things I mentioned as being asserted.
And we DID have a fucking designation- Pinkers- but people bitched about that too.
People from North Carolina are stupid.

but im not talking about you see, cause i did not say all people from north carolina herp derp

Splintered

unsavory tart
so if I don't give a fuck about something and not post in a thread about it, am I on lockdown from it?

wat
I agree with this. Sometimes people don't want to debate.

Hell most people don't like debating. Saying that they are running away in fear or something just because they've got no interest in coming and squabbling over something they don't want to.

Saying that they are in "lockdown" is just dumb, it's passive aggressive way of saying "theyr jus jealous because we won."

Criticizing their arguments is one thing. Criticizing because they aren't arguing is just dumb.

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu

wat

'Not giving a fuck' and 'don't give enough of a fuck to come here' isn't the reason it's a lockdown. The 'more like they've made up their minds and no one is going to change them.' and not going anywhere where that might be threatened is the lockdown.

People from North Carolina are stupid.

but im not talking about you see, cause i did not say all people from north carolina herp derp

Your statement is true, actually. Incredibly passive aggressive, but true. Which brings us to the fact that you could have just said 'Careful, your statement could be taken as universal rather than generalized' instead of trying to analogize the incident with a blatantly false one.

I agree with this. Sometimes people don't want to debate.

Hell most people don't like debating. Saying that they are running away in fear or something just because they've got no interest in coming and squabbling over something they don't want to.

Except they do actually care ABOUT the subject. They just don't want to consider any other position.

Saying that they are in "lockdown" is just dumb, it's passive aggressive way of saying "theyr jus jealous because we won."

No, it's saying they've closed off from facing dissent.

Criticizing their arguments is one thing. Criticizing because they aren't arguing is just dumb.

It's not a criticism, it's my theory on why they aren't arguing.

Fairheartstrife

[no fucks given]
AKA
FHS, that cloti bitch
To be honest, I'm much more interested in hearing about why a Clerith enjoys that pairing than bitch-slapping them with CLOTI FTW, and it's only when the argument sways and Clerith is asserted as canon do I get my panties all up in a bunch. I ship Cloti (cuz it's sexy and canon) but I also ship Fack for crying out loud. I like crack pairings--a lot. And although I don't ship Clerith, I think the idea behind them holds merit. Factual evidence? No. But I don't think being a Clerith shipper and not wanting to debate make anyone afraid of dissent. Maybe they just like it, and that's the end of it.

This isn't to say I don't see Ryu's point--where a certain section of that particular shipdom will huddle in a corner (a small corner) and bemoan how their pairing is 'reality' and Clotis are retards that can't 'get it'. They are locked down and unwilling, and it has nothing to do with them not 'giving a fuck' because they clearly do, and more about them having a twig and pebble and facing a militia equipped with cannons and semi-automatics. I'm no coward, but even I'm not stepping into that field. Just sayin'.

Gym Leader Devil

AKA
So many names
We've had more than a couple Cleriths come through these threads who shipped that pairing just because they liked it or thought the characters were cute together or some such. We were cool with them for the most part.

But I think Mei was lamenting the lack of actual crazy Kool-Aid drinkers in here that WOULD try to debate the canonicity of Cloti, cause they were a good source of lulz.

Vendel

Banned
To be honest, I'm much more interested in hearing about why a Clerith enjoys that pairing than bitch-slapping them with CLOTI FTW, and it's only when the argument sways and Clerith is asserted as canon do I get my panties all up in a bunch.

I am surprised at just how few Cleriths I see who actually state they know it is just fanon. Normally I see the 'why' lead into assertions very quickly.

They are locked down and unwilling, and it has nothing to do with them not 'giving a fuck' because they clearly do, and more about them having a twig and pebble and facing a militia equipped with cannons and semi-automatics. I'm no coward, but even I'm not stepping into that field. Just sayin'.

Maybe it was different a few years back. But clearly the worm has turned for most anyone taking the "clerith is canon" argument seriously. Hell even most of the diehards don't push that anymore. You see it's all interpretation and the like now.

Gym Leader Devil

AKA
So many names
And the game designers getting their own canon mixed up. Don't forget them misrepresenting themselves!

Or is that old hat by now? Bah, true classics never go out of style.

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
Pinker is probably one of the stupidest 'nick name's I've ever heard of.

Clito works so well, because the batshit Clotis actually willingly called themselves that.

Gym Leader Devil

AKA
So many names
There's an idea. someone track down a group of the more batshit Cleriths (if you can find any) and ask them what they want to be nicknamed. $20.00 says they choose to be called "right" :monster:

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Maybe it was different a few years back. But clearly the worm has turned for most anyone taking the "clerith is canon" argument seriously. Hell even most of the diehards don't push that anymore. You see it's all interpretation and the like now.
The interpretation card gets played waaay too much. Just because you don't like what a statement says doesn't mean you can give it another meaning entirely and then say "That's my interpretation."

Fairheartstrife

[no fucks given]
AKA
FHS, that cloti bitch
I always take "That's my interpretation" as "My argument is invalid and I got nothing else to back myself up with."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom