New year, New LTD thread. (Round 5)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Sonique, Quexinos, Pinkie Pie, Derpy Hooves
Then they say "If they say who Cloud loves Tifa with no other way to interpret it, then yeah I'll take it. But they've given room for interpretation!" and stuff like that. They have said Cloud loves Tifa with no strings attached, many many many times. Like that whole fake "Cloud is Tifa's ideal love." ... to them that meant that Tifa loved Zack, and they claimed it was open to interpretation.

No, it's not. You just said the sentence means the exact opposite of what it says and used that as an excuse... Jesus...

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
I think Clitoris would be the perfect nickname for the batshit Clotiriths.
Just sayin'.
but yeah strifeheart totally had people who called themselves rapid clitos so year

Zee

wangxian married
AKA
Zee
Except they do actually care ABOUT the subject. They just don't want to consider any other position.

or maybe they like the subject matter but see these debates as pointless and exhausting

and just want to y'know

discuss the things they like in peace

Fighter

Pro Adventurer
Lol. Whatever. Attitudes towards ltd changed proportionally with the evidence. It was always 'pointless' only then there were a few things to say and endless ways to say them.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
or maybe they like the subject matter but see these debates as pointless and exhausting

and just want to y'know

discuss the things they like in peace

No that can't be it, Cleriths are just stupid :awesome:

I see what you're saying though. I think some of them DO like to sorta... "debate" as it were. I mean they'll write essays and stuff that counter Cloti points and whenever I bring up a point on CxA, even if it's not Cloti related, I get people who try to turn it into an LTD debate.

Me: Hey guys, why do you always say Barret is in the family? I'm curious as to what you base that off of?

Them: Well let me show you how important Aerith is to Cloud...

Me:
ncwtf.gif

As Zee said, I just think they probably don't want to take the time to come here or something because they know it'll get them nowhere and the same points will be repeated over and over and over. Heck even I'm sick of it and I've been doing it a lot less than most people. :monster:

I mean I'll admit their ideas and arguments drive me nuts. But if they don't want to come and debate that here... w/e I guess.

Last edited:

Scias

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Vega, Kyle Hyde
Eh, didn't Nomura put an end to this debate like, a year ago or something? I don't wanna search the article, but it's here somewhere. :monster:

Aerith was initially interested in Cloud 'coz he reminded her of Zack (same uniform, same fall on the church, blahblah), BUT in the end Cloud ends up with Tifa anyways and they even have their not-shown-but-really-suggested happy time under the Highwind. Aerith is seen on the end of AC/ACC parting with Zack and all...

Y'know, just saying, that's pretty much canon.

But then again, I just know that canon is something irrelevant before the power of fandom and pairing so goodbye :kermit:

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Eh, didn't Nomura put an end to this debate like, a year ago or something? I don't wanna search the article, but it's here somewhere.
Well it was in an Ultimania... so it's not like Nomura himself said so in an interview or anything... but the Ultimanias are canon.

But you see cause there's another page in the Ultimania that says there's 2 highwind scenes, that somehow renders the article uncanon. And apparently to make it even more scandalous TLS hid the fact that there was a page that said there was 2 highwind scenes in the same Ultimania. I guess that wasn't common knowledge like we all thought it was... apparently TLS was the only site that knew this. And shame on them for not mentioning it sooner :kermit:

Splintered

unsavory tart
and apparently to make it even more scandalous TLS hid the fact
I saw the article on CxA lj article that was like WHAT THEY DON'T TELL YOU is that there are two highwind scenes, like it was some terrible conspiracy. I lol'd.
One last thing I'd like to point out; in the scan from the Final Fantasy 20th Anniversary Ultimania Clotis have claimed that Cloud and Tifa are canon because they *think* that the high affection version of the Highwind scene is default-despite there not being any supporting evidence to prove that-

They like to ignore that Cloud and Aerith's date is also shown on that same exact page. And would you guess what scene is shown? The magical date in the city of desire that Cloud and Aerith go on. Clotis like to say it doesn't mean anything because all the date quote speaks of is how multiple people can appear on the date. However, Clotis ignore that the highwind scene is also said to be optional with no canon outcome.
http://community.livejournal.com/cloudy_flower/1078.html

iirc, it wasn't said the high affection was canon. It was said that what was canon is that Cloud and Tifa showed their feelings for each other, in ways without talking. And that their feelings match.

Last edited:

Alessa Gillespie

AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
I saw the article on CxA lj article that was like WHAT THEY DON'T TELL YOU is that there are two highwind scenes, like it was some terrible conspiracy. I lol'd.
http://community.livejournal.com/cloudy_flower/1078.html

iirc, it wasn't said the high affection was canon. It was said that what was canon is that Cloud and Tifa showed their feelings for each other, in ways without talking. And that their feelings match.
o lol

another poster called op a barrel of crazy

tee hee

and an invocation of godwin's law! wow this is a true thing of beauty :')

Last edited:

Fighter

Pro Adventurer
One last thing I'd like to point out; in the scan from the Final Fantasy 20th Anniversary Ultimania Clotis have claimed that Cloud and Tifa are canon because they *think* that the high affection version of the Highwind scene is default-despite there not being any supporting evidence to prove that-

They like to ignore that Cloud and Aerith's date is also shown on that same exact page. And would you guess what scene is shown? The magical date in the city of desire that Cloud and Aerith go on. Clotis like to say it doesn't mean anything because all the date quote speaks of is how multiple people can appear on the date. However, Clotis ignore that the highwind scene is also said to be optional with no canon outcome. http://community.livejournal.com/cloudy_flower/1078.html

LOL. Typical straw man argument.

Cloud and Aerith and Cloud and Tifa for that matter go on dates... but is Cloud there because of the romantic aspect? Doesn't seem like yes for either. He's just getting dragged around.

So sure, they go on a "date", but it's hard to really call it that when the guy isn't interested.

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato
All other nonsensical stuff aside, I do think going to see (or in this case being in) a play together is enough to qualify as a date :monster:

A MAGICAL Date in the CITY OF DESIRE. I mean the way this is presented, it's like they are saying "look, even IF they indeed had sex under Highwind, the date with Aerith and Cloud was so awesome and the Gold Saucer is soo romantic that, it woul still trump that scene. If it were canon (it ain't)."

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
A MAGICAL Date in the CITY OF DESIRE. I mean the way this is presented, it's like they are saying "look, even IF they indeed had sex under Highwind, the date with Aerith and Cloud was so awesome and the Gold Saucer is soo romantic that, it woul still trump that scene. If it were canon (it ain't)."

[snark]No, what that really means is that Aerith used her mystical Mind Mojo to FORCE Cloud on the date. And City of Desire just means that the Golden Saucer is a giant front for the world's biggest brothel. The Chocobo racing is just there so people don't wonder why there are so many Chocobo in the place[/snark]

And yeah, by a concurrence of factors, we can rather conclusively say that the High Highwind scene is canon (Or technically that it does not matter which version occurs, the romantic feelings are confirmed either way).

So they're still just blowing smoke up their own asses.

Elisa Maza

Whomst
[...]the magical date in the city of desire[...]

000.gif

Who talks like this...? And I wasn't aware that mocking the whole Hero/Princess archetype in the play of that date was considered magical, or something.

Also, if we consider that one version of that "magical date in the city of desire" is with Barret...

I'll leave it at that.

Alessa Gillespie

AKA
000.gif

Who talks like this...? And I wasn't aware that mocking the whole Hero/Princess archetype in the play of that date was considered magical, or something.

Also, if we consider that one version of that "magical date in the city of desire" is with Barret...

I'll leave it at that.
YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND

THE DATE WAS MAGICAL AND FULL OF DESIRE BECAUSE THAT NIGHT CLOUD AND AERITH EXCHANGED MAGICAL SILVER BANDS WHICH SIGNIFIED THEIR ABSTINENCE UNTIL AFTER THEY GOT MARRIED

BECAUSE AERITH IS NOT THE SORT OF PERSON WHO IS FLIRTY OR WOULD HAVE HAD SEX WITH OTHER MEN, SHE IS PURE AND VIRGINAL AND ANGELIC AND WONDERFUL AND BETTER THAN THAT SLUTTY TIFA PERSON

Zee

wangxian married
AKA
Zee
are we seriously posting cali articles?

auusuc.gif

also can this bitch learn to lj cut i mean IT'S NOT HARD

and learn how to take off custom comment pages. ffs i can barely be assed to read this crap and i have even less incentive with those tiny multicolored letters

Alessa Gillespie

AKA
also can this bitch learn to lj cut i mean IT'S NOT HARD

and learn how to take off custom comment pages. ffs i can barely be assed to read this crap and i have even less incentive with those tiny multicolored letters
NO ITS HARD AND UR A NAZI

slapfight.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom