New year, New LTD thread. (Round 5)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vendel

Banned
"Revived as a warrior of Cosmos, he searches for a meaning to fight out of the sense that he has lost something dear within his memories."

OMG so Clerith!

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Sonique, Quexinos, Pinkie Pie, Derpy Hooves
But he didn't lose Aerith in the dissidia world, plus she can be right by his side as an assist... PLUS his original Dissidia profile mentioned Aerith implying he remembers her :awesome:

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Sonique, Quexinos, Pinkie Pie, Derpy Hooves
Just to clarify in case anyone was wondering, I still don't think there's a lot of LTD stuff in Dissidia. I think it's neat that there's a lot of Cloud and Tifa focus, but it's not something I can see myself using in a debate or anything... the thing that's so weird about this is that it's almost like they took everything the Cleriths saw as Clerith in the game and retconed it...

... the materia crystal can't be Clerith now because Tifa has the crystal too
well... actually idk, does Tifa have the same crystal?... I thought I read she did... but now I'm not sure...
... the one Cloud wants to meet is Tifa because how can it be Aerith when she has the option to fight alone side Cloud?
... the dream he lost was obviously being able to protect Tifa.
... and when Cloud talks about whatsherface reminding him of a friend he knew... I have to wonder if that's Tifa as well. It doesn't make sense to be Aerith because, again, Aerith has the option to fight along side him.

IT'S LIKE SQUARE IS TRYING TO TELL US SOMETHING :awesome:

Last edited:

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
Star Wars.

:hugemonster:

Only the presence of cookie monster has given you a reprieve this day.

I thought it was Star Trek because the Trekkers can't stand the minute detail they love being thrown in their face showing Star Wars is quicker, more powerful and just apparently more bad ass - which - correct me if I'm wrong Ryu, is the crux of the debate.

Yes, it is an out and out Vs. scenario, and yes, the Federation and most of the combined powers- absenting god races because using them as an argument means you've admitted the regulars aren't up to the task- are no match for the Empire, even allied.

As far as I once peeped, it came down to factual details as to which was the most powerful.

Speed is a large part of it as well. AOTC alone shows it takes the Republic/Empire less than a day to cover distances that would have taken Voyager years and years.

Which in fairness to them, if it wasn't for that minute extended detail, it would be something you probably could debate endlessly. With this, the answer was very much in the narrative without needing to know every line/read every companion book etc.

Nah, it's generally a bit more cut and dry just from the DS1's Superlaser as an engineering Benchmark, the the ESB asteroid vapings as a firepower lower limit, and the canon speeds posted in a few places and shown in AOTC and ROTS.

Such jokes require me to be somewhat more educated than I am. I accept teh fail most graciously.

Just surfing through the site at the incredible amount of data since I last peeped. It's incredulous people still fight. Bless. All so unnecessary. Could have told them that all along, oh wait, I did. Most of us did.

...making this the most counterproductive sacrifice evah!

Well, I think there are a few that directly fueled a process the sacrificer was attempting to stop, but yes, entirely pointless, though endearing, in a hair clips and pocketwatch chain sort of way.

it's almost like they took everything the Cleriths saw as Clerith in the game and retconed it..

It's not a retcon if that stuff was never canon to begin with. :monster: All that materia and flowerfield crap was the craziest stuff I'm still shocked anyone ever took seriously.

Also, Kingdom Hearts. If SE does care at all about Cleriths it's not the way they think they do. Anytime they go nuts over something SE changes it to be all about Tifa and obviously about Tifa and makes it very clear it's not about Aerith.

As if they are trying to tell us something. :awesome:

Fighter

Pro Adventurer
Revived as a warrior of Cosmos, he searches for a meaning to fight out of the sense that he has lost something dear within his memories.

LOL, seriously? It's like they do this on purpose.

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
It's not a retcon if that stuff was never canon to begin with. :monster: All that materia and flowerfield crap was the craziest stuff I'm still shocked anyone ever took seriously.

Also, Kingdom Hearts. If SE does care at all about Cleriths it's not the way they think they do. Anytime they go nuts over something SE changes it to be all about Tifa and obviously about Tifa and makes it very clear it's not about Aerith.

As if they are trying to tell us something. :awesome:

You're right it's not a retcon, but they are basically going out of their way to go 'No. It does not mean that. It cannot mean that. Shut up.'

LOL, seriously? It's like they do this on purpose.

It's very much pissing in their cornflakes. And then telling them there were no cornflakes to begin with.
I could continue this analogy, but for the sake of everyone's lunch, I shall decline.

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
i have decided to start calling this thread the 'love triangle dicksuckery', because you can't get much more masturbatory than this thread.

Splintered

unsavory tart
i have decided to start calling this thread the 'love triangle dicksuckery', because you can't get much more masturbatory than this thread.
We have to find pleasure somehow. There's nothing wrong with finding relief in oneself's readiness to appreciate how great we are.

So how far are we allowed to take this metaphor?
the thing that's so weird about this is that it's almost like they took everything the Cleriths saw as Clerith in the game and retconed it...
That's only because people see romance where romance is not in it. Herp derp, Cloud misses someone- it must mean love and not the fact that he has a special relationship with at least three people that this could apply to? No, no, this is definitely ltd.

Oh wait, no, the evidence is going the other way, let's ignore it all together. It's no longer romantic so it doesn't mean anything.

It was never romantic to begin with, jfc, none of this heartburn would exist if people stopped claiming every little thing as proofz. Instead we are left arguing whether or not Cloud is standing in a field of Aerith's flowers and if his crystal is representative of the white materia (remember THAT argument :awesome:)- when the answer doesn't apply to who Cloud loves, just if those symbols represent the world itself.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
As I said before, I admit that I assumed Cloud's Dissidia crystal was Holy. But the connection to Aerith never occurred to me. I merely thought it was because it was the most important "crystal" (Materia) in FF7. (I likewise assumed Bartz's was the Wind Crystal because that was the one that chose him in FF5) Yes, I know it was not Holy, I'm just saying that even when I thought it was I didn't think it was romantic.

Zee

wangxian married
AKA
Zee

i don't think you can handle how ~sane and ~rational this discussion is

Splintered

unsavory tart
I still think it's at least suppose to kind of representative holy, simply because it's the only materia really given a name, and it's plot importance. This seems to cause rage in this thread so /shrugs.

But I never got the whole "romance" part either. Especially with Cloud standing in the field of yellow flowers, I know it references Aerith, but I also know that it's incredibly iconic to nature/Cloud's world.

Wasn't there a reference to a promise in Cloud's 013 story? And there was a huge stink about who the promise referred to? This shit should be open and close throw backs, but instead it gets involved into ltd fuckery.

And so when more story is produced that makes their conclusion contradictory, people flip out. But it's never meant anything, it's all in their head.

Tifabelle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Tifabelle, Nathan Drake, Locke Cole, Kain Highwind, Yamcha, Arya Stark
... the materia crystal can't be Clerith now because Tifa has the crystal too
well... actually idk, does Tifa have the same crystal?... I thought I read she did... but now I'm not sure...

I think the crystal is the same. Consider that in 012 Tifa is the only one searching for the crystal. Cloud isn't. Then in 013 Cloud takes up the task, now being a warrior for Cosmos. And of course the crystal is for each world, not of each individual. I mean, assume for a second they are both Cosmos warriors at the same time - would they be searching for two different crystals to restore their world?

Splintered

unsavory tart
I think the crystal is the same. Consider that in 012 Tifa is the only one searching for the crystal. Cloud isn't. Then in 013 Cloud takes up the task, now being a warrior for Cosmos. And of course the crystal is for each world, not of each individual. I mean, assume for a second they are both Cosmos warriors at the same time - would they be searching for two different crystals to restore their world?
So.

Aerith/Tifa proof you are saying.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
I guess you could try to make an argument that since your crystal is revealed by overcoming adversity and crap that Tifa's crystal would have manifested differently than Cloud's. But short of her getting a crystalline version of Cloud's cock, I doubt it matters anyway.

Vendel

Banned
I guess you could try to make an argument that since your crystal is revealed by overcoming adversity and crap that Tifa's crystal would have manifested differently than Cloud's. But short of her getting a crystalline version of Cloud's cock, I doubt it matters anyway.

Wouldn't Cloud's crystal have been a pair of orbs then?

Splintered

unsavory tart
GREAT LTD OR GREATEST LTD EVER.

lovetriangle.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom