New year, New LTD thread. (Round 5)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eerie

Fire and Blood
@Zee: heh, I didn't take any harm from your videos. It takes more than that to offense me lol. I just kinda read, but I was too lazy to post (and too tired XD). So, no worries. And of course, I knew it was a joke, but I thought it could be interesting as a discussion for once, because it boils down to how we see the characters, the story and the plot after all. That's what interests me the most in the LTD TBH, or in any love triangle discussion/debate/shipwars/hell in flames I've been into up until now.

Also:

Nojima said:
As a motif for them, Tifa is “the childhood friend who’s been with you since nursery school”, and Aerith is “the girl who transfers school mid-term and quickly leaves for another school.” Since she doesn’t have many scenes, you’ve got to make it so that the transfer student has a big impact. That was what I thought.

That's what written here. Also guys you should have a tag for "interviews" or something because damns, I had to dig a lot for this quote ://

Also, I got the same reaction than Tea-chan, and I think that with Aerith, or you don't mind the trope and love her, or you can't stand to be forced to love a character and hate her. And I fucking hate to be forced to love a character (see himmmm/herrrrrrrrrr!! love themmmmmmmmmm... NOT). That's the same problem I had with XIII and a lot of characters (fucking Sarah.. Serah? Whatever, the sister, I absolutely HATE her hardcore max XD).

Vendel

Banned
You CloTi's got it all wrong.

The commercial made back in 1997 clearly tells us that Cloud and Aerith are in a relationship. Sure it said "love that can never be" but that isn't meant to be taken literally.

Get your facts straight.

Last edited:

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
tha spammers r attackin da thread 2

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
Now now, Aki, that's not a nice thing to say about Vendel. Even if Google does send email notifications about him directly into my spam box.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Sonique, Quexinos, Pinkie Pie, Derpy Hooves
Okay I'm going to try to post something relatively new:

http://www.ffworld.com/?page=image&image=images/news/21_01_11/e03.jpg

Doesn't Tifa say the same thing to Cloud in FFVII when he's brainwashed? :monster:
(Yuna's talking to Tidus BTW)

Tifa:
That's not what I mean... I don't know how to say it...

Cloud, I need some time... Just give me a little time...
and Tidus is kinda brainwashed :monster:

Okay, I KNOW it's reading too much into it but I thought it was cute.

Last edited:

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato
Yup, so is Cloud. Not so much as to prevent him from sticking up for Tifa against Sephiroth though. Nor does the fact that they mutually have no memories of each other anyway, as Lightning confirms.

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
^
ShikimaruNara said:
Yup, so is Cloud

Not so much as to prevent him from sticking up for Tifa against Sephiroth though.

There's that one line Cloud says to Tifa in battle:
"I never thought we'd be fighting like this."
So... if he doesn't remember her, why say that? xD

Last edited:

Elisa Maza

Whomst
Correct if I'm wrong, but since Cloud is in Chaos side, I'd expect he says this to all the Cosmos warriors, feeling that he is indeed out of place, brainwashed or not.

What does he say to other Cosmos warriors?

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
Whoa whoa whoa.

Dissidia?

Please tell me you're not using Dissidia to support the "Tidus is brainwashed" bit.

Thanks, tea. Suddenly the rest of that post makes so much more sense. XD

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
Whoa whoa whoa.

Dissidia?

Please tell me you're not using Dissidia to support the "Tidus is brainwashed" bit.

Thanks, tea. Suddenly the rest of that post makes so much more sense. XD

Dude, Quex's post links to a screenshot of Jecht standing behind Yuna in the innards of Sin level. How did you not get that she was talking about him being brainwashed in Dissidia?

Dissidia IS where he's brainwashed.
Granted, this is all bloody well irrelevant, but Quex wasn't using Dissidia as proof Tidus was brainwashed, she was talking about him being brainwashed in that game.

Elisa Maza

Whomst
Whoa whoa whoa.

Dissidia?

Um... the "Tidus is brainwashed" might be happening in Dissidia. We're using it because that's where it takes place.

I think there's something amiss in this conversation... :huh:

Ryu beat me, lol.

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
Yeah, mostly that I both didn't click the link and haven't played Dissidia.

Was wondering how on EARTH he could be seen as brainwashed in FFX. herp derp go me

Elisa Maza

Whomst
:sigh:

Why do I bother?

Aww, c'mon Que. You made a good point, after all. :glomp: And regarding it, I think we'll have to wait and see under which premise Cloud is on Chaos' side. Is he brainwashed, or just misguided? And how might Tidus story parallel Cloud's? They both have their respective ladies there and they are both on the opposite side.

Interesting...

Now, WILL ANYONE ANSWER MY POST??? :rage:

Correct if I'm wrong, but since Cloud is in Chaos side, I'd expect he says this to all the Cosmos warriors, feeling that he is indeed out of place, brainwashed or not.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Sonique, Quexinos, Pinkie Pie, Derpy Hooves

Dunno but he doesn't say the same thing to all of them. I know that much.

Elisa Maza

Whomst
No, not yet. 3rd of May. We're discussing some footage and the demo that are already released.

And your avatar rocks. (Toothless! <3)

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato
His battlequotes are the same as always and don't seem to apply to his brainwashed status.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom