New year, New LTD thread. (Round 5)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
I think cleris is the canon couple of FFVII. Actually, I KNOW it is, without a doubt. You people who are raving about cloti are just a little bit..uh..:loopy: for shipping such an awful pairing, no offense.
There is SO much evidence that points to cloud x aeris, So much. I dont seem to recall there ever being an amano art for cloti. HM. How many did cleris get though? was it 5? or more.
All this talk about the highwind scene....just...what :lol: nothing HAPPENED, you guys. Stop getting all hot and bothered and take a chill pill, will you?
Cloud and tifa thought they where going to die the next day...I can so see them banging eachother with all that going on.....:awesome: LOLJK.
so..uh. Stop embarrasssing yourselves, please. xDDD

HA_HA_HA%2C_OH_WOW.jpg

Alex

alex is dead
AKA
Alex, Ashes, Pennywise, Bill Weasley, Jack's Smirking Revenge, Sterling Archer
Me in another thread said:
Is this like the way people trash TLS on other forums for being openly hostile and intolerant of Cleriths because of the way that the people in the LTD (one thread with a minority of members) behave towards them?

Don't let me down LTDers! The burden of expectation is upon you!

Gym Leader Devil

True Master of the Dark-type (suck it Piers)
AKA
So many names
I think cleris is the canon couple of FFVII. Actually, I KNOW it is, without a doubt. You people who are raving about cloti are just a little bit..uh..:loopy: for shipping such an awful pairing, no offense.
There is SO much evidence that points to cloud x aeris, So much. I dont seem to recall there ever being an amano art for cloti. HM. How many did cleris get though? was it 5? or more.
All this talk about the highwind scene....just...what :lol: nothing HAPPENED, you guys. Stop getting all hot and bothered and take a chill pill, will you?
Cloud and tifa thought they where going to die the next day...I can so see them banging eachother with all that going on.....:awesome: LOLJK.

Ok, WARNING WARNING: A link to TVTropes will be placed here. It explains the first of my two reactions to the above post flawlessly, but leads to the ruination of your life as a side-effect.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/FlatWhat

My second response is of course...

:serious?:

OneWingedDemon

NOT AMUSED
Except her 'grr tough' thing isn't really a facade, she's a military woman.
My problem with Lightning is precisely that all she amounts to is military woman. An insultingly gross stereotype of one too.

Lightning is a caricature, not a character. Meh :offended:
She isn't Cloud. I'm no Cloud fangirl, far from it. But seriously, to me, comparing the two is just laughable.

EDIT:
Whatever the deal between Stella and Noctis is, I hope it doesn't take center stage. No tragic romance. I will seriously cry tears of pain.

Last edited:

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Sonique, Quexinos, Pinkie Pie, Derpy Hooves
That's gotta be a troll, right guys? :monster:

If not, thepromisedland, do you have any EVIDENCE that CxA is canon?

I Am Not Me

The Mean Clack
AKA
Mei, Koibito, Stalker, Little Dude, Nami
I think cleris Clack is the canon couple of FFVII. Actually, I KNOW it is, without a doubt. You people who are raving about cloti are just a little bit..uh..:loopy: for shipping such an awful pairing, no offense.
There is SO much evidence that points to cloud x aeris Cloud x Zack, So much. I dont seem to recall there ever being an amano art for cloti. HM. How many did cleris Clanaki get though? was it 5? or more.

I fixed your post so you won't embarrass yourself, dear. :monster:

On the topic of Amano Art...

Amano_Cloud_%26_Red_XIII.jpg

^ RED IS IN BETWEEN CLOUD'S LEGS. SUBTLE, AMANO, VERY SUBTLE.
CloudandRedXIII3.jpg

Cloud_26_Red_XIII.jpg

Mmmm... canon. :awesome:

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis

acytD.gif

Eerie

Fire and Blood

:direwolf:

I Am Not Me

The Mean Clack
AKA
Mei, Koibito, Stalker, Little Dude, Nami
Oh, by the way...

Me in another thread said:
Is this like the way people trash TLS on other forums for being openly hostile and intolerant of Cleriths because of the way that the people in the LTD (one thread with a minority of members) behave towards them?
Don't let me down LTDers! The burden of expectation is upon you!

It's hard not to be intolerant if the Cleriths we get do
:monster:

Not sure about hostile. I think that's Venderu and Father Ryu's specialty. I'm just here for the lulz. :awesome:

Alex

alex is dead
AKA
Alex, Ashes, Pennywise, Bill Weasley, Jack's Smirking Revenge, Sterling Archer
Oh, by the way...

It's hard not to be intolerant if the Cleriths we get do :monster:

Not sure about hostile. I think that's Venderu and Father Ryu's specialty. I'm just here for the lulz. :awesome:

The three of you are a credit to this forum. Truly.

Gym Leader Devil

True Master of the Dark-type (suck it Piers)
AKA
So many names
This bot is way too intelligent. I want it to be a troll, because the thought of technology getting so smart scares me.

borg.gif

Resistance is futile...

(Also someone needs to shop a pink bow on his head to make it moar appropriate :wacky: I'm too lazy/incompetent.)

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
Except her 'grr tough' thing isn't really a facade, she's a military woman. She was projecting her anger in the wrong places, sure, but that's not really the same thing. Also, everyone kinda gets out their issues around the same point in the game, so I didn't find her character arc any more dragged out than anyone else's.

I'm not saying she's not a tough person, indeed, I included Cloud and Squall as also employing the facade, I'm saying she projects a facade of toughness even towards those she cares about for her own emotional reasons and that was kept up too long.
For an alternate example, both Laguna and Squall are military men. Both are damn tough. At no point would I describe Laguna with the 'grr tough' description because he doesn't try and 'be' tough. He just is. Squall, on the other hand, same as Cloud and Lightning, tries to appear tough as well as be tough, and that's a valid choice for character, you just can't keep it on too long.

what a whiner :awesome:

but srsly ffviii had terrible character development i cba

And a lot of people think XIII did too.

This is what I got out of it too. Doesn't she pull a sword on Noctis?

The thing with the tough facade, is that she is tough. She's just also got a motherly/fatherly streak in her. Which explains why she would hate Snow, would you want that shithead dating your daughter. :monster:

As I said above, I wasn't saying she wasn't tough- Just as I wasn't saying Cloud and Squall weren't tough- but that she projects that toughness and doesn't allow the rest of her to be apparent to others.

I think that the difference between Lightning and Squall is that she's more driven by anger unlike Squall who is motivated because that's just what he does. She's not like Barret by any means, but throughout the entire first part of the game she's legit sick and tired of all the shit she's been put through- and because of it she decides to go break shit. She follows through with her military-straightforward bad assery, but it's still her being genuinely pissed about the things happening around her.

But to contrast to Barret, she also acts much the same way towards her own party members. Barret's angry at the world but not at his allies. Lightning acts very cold even towards the people she's thrown her lot in with. Like Cloud at the start of disc 1, but for a lot longer.

Hi. I'm assuming that you're not a pure troll for the moment. Could you please elaborate on the evidence that leads you to know that 'Cleris' is canon?

3, the same number as Cloud and Red got. 3 More than Cecil and Rosa or Locke and Celes got.

Counterpoint- we are told, several times, that something happened that night.

"End of the world sex" isn't just a common cliche, it's actually a recognized phenomenon among those who suspect they might die soon.

so..uh. Stop embarrasssing yourselves, please. xDDD[/QUOTE]

Big Shiny Mirror, person who may be a simple troll.

Oh, by the way...

It's hard not to be intolerant if the Cleriths we get do :monster:

Hostile is merely something I excel at, not my specialty.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
I'm reviving the materia sizes discussion from 10 to 15 pages ago to make a new observation:

Materia was funky keychain looking shit in DoC. I do not see the depiction therein being helpful somehow :monster:
Well Materia is IN a keychain.
docmateriaice.gif
But yes it's not helpful here :monster:

I just remembered that materia is shown to be different sizes not just across titles, and not just implied by the different sized-holes on weapons and armor from the original game either. Within the same title (Dirge) it's shown to be of different sizes as well -- small enough to fit in a keychain, as in your picture, Force, but there are also the larger-sized materia (like in AC/C) on display in this one area of the Shin-Ra HQ:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzrJ7KGJ1bs#t=5m55s

And in the room right before it are smaller crystals on display, though they aren't spherical.

Not that any of this really has anything to do with the current flow of discussion, but since we talk about materia sizes so often around here, I thought this would be as good a time as any to show that it's meant to be different sizes deliberately.

Marle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Ava, Spike Spiegel, Stella Nox Fleuret, Altair Ibn-La'Ahad, Princess Zelda, Alice, Raven Roth, Faye Valentine, Tifa Lockhart, Khal Drogo
Forgive this but...

WTF does materia size have to do with the LTD? D:

Marle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Ava, Spike Spiegel, Stella Nox Fleuret, Altair Ibn-La'Ahad, Princess Zelda, Alice, Raven Roth, Faye Valentine, Tifa Lockhart, Khal Drogo

I have ventured into the past and can only manage to say one word to all those pages and their content:

Wow.

:monster:

Dis is sum intenz shizz.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom