Nintendo Switch (NX)

Geostigma

Pro Adventurer
AKA
gabe
http://www.nintendo.com/switch/online-service/

hmmm. So online isn't free anymore

Subscribers will get to download and play a Nintendo Entertainment System™ (NES) or Super Nintendo Entertainment System™ (Super NES) game (with newly-added online play) for free for a month.

uhh. So it goes away after a month? That's objectively worse than PS+/ XBL's complimentary games service... =/

Our new dedicated smart device app will connect to Nintendo Switch and let you invite friends to play online, set play appointments, and chat with friends during online matches in compatible games─all from your smart device.

A free, limited version of this app will be available for download in summer 2017.

Of course. Of course Nintendos online service would use features that read like they came out of a post that makes fun of their boneheaded online service. Of course.

Well at least the games look fun, but jesus christ lol wtf is so hard about just copy and pasting what PS4 and Xbox do when it comes to online.

Last edited:

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
Subscribers will get to download and play a Nintendo Entertainment System™ (NES) or Super Nintendo Entertainment System™ (Super NES) game (with newly-added online play) for free for a month.
'a' game?

as in, one game?

one nes/snes game?

each month?

for only a month?

whut

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
Considering the console only has 32 GB of in-built storage, any more free games and you'd be having to buy a new micro SD card every few months.

To be honest, the more I learn about the Switch, the less excited I am. I wasn't dead set on getting one or anything but I was hoping I'd want to, and right now I just don't. :closedmonster:

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
Jason Tandro, Doc Brown, Santa Christ, FearAddict, Thibault Stormrunner, RN: Micah Rodney
Super Mario Odyssey looks so good ;__;

15977758_168063210344130_2669698893611945017_n.jpg

Yes, I know I can't let anybody have any fun... :monster:

Honestly it's Mario. If Mario has a record for anything it's making anything at the very least decent. Even Hotel Mario was the best of the Nintendo bastardizations on the CD-i.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
Overall, the presentation wasn't very good imo.

The focus on the Joycon gimmicks was a turn off. The first reveal kept it simple and was actually pretty decent. It was like "Here it is. It's a console and it can be used as a handheld." No bullshit, just a simple but cool concept.
It really seemed like this would be a simple game machine, except that it is also portable.

source.gif

I thought we were past that shit, Ninty.

Last edited:

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Octo, Octorawk, Clarky Cat, Kissmammal2000
LOOK AT YOUR HANDS AS YOU MILK

:lol:

We're all going to do it though. Everybody. Will look at their hands. As they milk. Forever.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
I didn't watch the presentation so I missed people wanking off large invisible dicks

Frankly it doesn't sound any better when it's cow teets

Lex

Administrator
I would have been interested if it had access to the Wii U's library bookshelf of games. From what I've seen, it doesn't.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
The screen is a touch panel, isn't it? I don't see why that can't be used to emulate the wii u

Except because it's Nintendo and they just do these things

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
But even if you could download Wii U games, the Switch has a measly 32GB internal storage so where would you put them

32GB

in 2017.

Should be noted though, you can't emulate having two screens with the Switch. Remember that the screen *is* the console. If you play on the screen, nothing's connected to the tv.

Geostigma

Pro Adventurer
AKA
gabe
Someone at Nintendo needs a good slap

Start with '32gb will be fine' guy

And even worse the SD slot is SDXC... Which is incredibly slow lol. Going to be so fun storing tons of huge games on that.

"Hey lets just have a console with only 32gb! How big is our flag ship Zelda game on launch going to be? 16gb? No Problem!"

Lex

Administrator
I'll be honest though the Breath of the Wild trailer they showed at that conference made me emotional lol.

Geostigma

Pro Adventurer
AKA
gabe
Yeah it looks great and one of the reasons why I don't want the Switch to be a Wii U reincarnated lol.

It just sucks knowing installing that game is gonna take up half my HDD and the option for expanding said space is a really slow platform that dies incredibly fast when it's read and written to constantly (which installing games on and playing them from will do).

The notion of buying a new SD card like every year or so to make the Switch borderline usable sounds awful =/

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Fortunately Breath of the Wild is coming out in Wii U which I still kinda want for Twilight Princess HD. So I can just do that.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
It just sucks knowing installing that game is gonna take up half my HDD and the option for expanding said space is a really slow platform that dies incredibly fast when it's read and written to constantly (which installing games on and playing them from will do).

The notion of buying a new SD card like every year or so to make the Switch borderline usable sounds awful =/

I don't know why anyone would even want to go all digital with this.

Physical all the way.

Geostigma

Pro Adventurer
AKA
gabe

I don't know why anyone would even want to go all digital with this.

Physical all the way.

Can't wait to buy this again!

PzqA0HK.jpg

Reals though. I haven't really checked but I wouldn't be surprised if it pulled a PS4/XB1 requiring the games to be installed on the HDD even though you have the disc/cart to play it etc.

That and would be nice to be able to go digital on a console that allegedly is mobile friendly. It's gonna suck carrying all your games around like a tween in the 90's again.

Last edited:

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
^I...really don't think that video is accurate at all.

The Vita is doing better in Japan than in the rest of the world, but it sold nowhere near as much as the 3DS. The 3DS recently surpassed the PS2 in lifetimes sales and that's the highest-selling home console.

Top Bottom