Now just the official "Fuck Konami in general" thread #fuckonami

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
it really looks a lot like SH4 so far tbh especially with the ghost in the apartment room and the first person thing going on

...and everybody loves Normal Reedus.

I don't :monster:

I don't think it reeks of desperation at all. i think it is a genuine effort to make a REALLY scary game. It's just that with how silent hill has been lately .... i'm skeptical. with how homecoming DESTROYED it especially how will they recover lol. And Downpour was fun but was it really silent hill feeling? nah not really

i almost wish they'd drop silent hill and just turn this into a game with a diff title. I think I'd be more okay with it then. but aahhh maybe they'll use the awesome plot elements in SH 1- 4 and not make it so... jump scares and twitchy ghosts and weird lens flares . i miss the psychological stuff, i really do. and im hoping they'll have some of that ~

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
:lol: I had no idea who Reedus was
he was judas in a lady gaga music video

tbh i want to be excited for a new silent hill, but i kind of feel the same as tiff does. 'silent hills' is a very kojima-esque title where i don't think his aesthetics were needed, i don't really care for using the direct image of a real actor. and i guess i don't have a fanboy boner for reedus so that doesn't excite me (but i've never seen anything he's done except for the judas video).

but it does look real nice, and i like what i've seen of del toro's horror (which admittedly isn't all of it). i just want something more like the old silent hills, except with modern flash and gloss.

and do not use anything from the movies, i swear to god if i see any falling ash or underground fires i will fucking scream so loud it will be heard around the world

Drax

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Benoist; Captain Highwind
Reedus has this weird Walmart fashion model thing going in Walking Dead. I stopped watching since the second season, but at some point I hear the female cast tries to push him as this supermodel god? To each their own I guess. But I'm good with whatever, the protagonist is usually just an average joe anyway
I BET HE'S THE KILLER

The only Silent Hill I played all the way through was 2. I'm stuck on SH1 with the giant moth, I'm only an hour into both 3 and 4. I haven't touched any of the later SHs, but know that their problem seems to be "let's explain everything" being their downfall, as Octo said. And yet 2 feels like the series' FFVII, just because a lot of ideas were able to take off there.

From the SH1 music cue, I imagine they're wanting to take the games back to their beginnings? I'm cool if they give the series more recognizable mascots. I'm only familiar with Pyramid Head and faceless nurses, but can't think of any others I've come across other than faceless legs and blobs. While Resident Evil gets zombie dogs, Nemesis, Wesker, Ant ladies, Lisa, etc.

I do like the lighting in this Fox Engine as well. I'd like them to give the town more character, and I'll be honest having the harsher lighting makes things pop more than washed out rust and fog. Having colors that pop out feels more effective imo. It's almost like the buildings have their light sources coming from the base, which fits into the idea that the town is a living entity.

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
Quick introduction to Norman Reedus: Boondock Saints
It's why I was interested in The Walking Dead initially tbqh.

X :neo:

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Octo, Octorawk, Clarky Cat, Kissmammal2000
Yeahhhh.... I don't think I could have watched the no commentary playthrough. No siree bob. I couldn't even play Amnesia in the day if I was alone it was that bad.

This....I'm going to have to have at least 40 people in the room.

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
he was judas in a lady gaga music video

OMFG I DID NOT KNOW THAT I HAVE TO RE-WATCH IT NOW

edit: OMG LMAO IT'S TOTALLY HIM

also i heard rumors that they're trying to decide whether the game will be first person or third person. first of all no, second of all whats the point of making it first person when you chose a damn actor to BE the character

also along with that rumor comes the "it might be an fps" and if that's the case i fuckin quit man

sorry to be so negative but naaaah

Drax

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Benoist; Captain Highwind
also i heard rumors that they're trying to decide whether the game will be first person or third person.

I'd say give people the option of both, but that might not be feasible if they consider that FP and TP can have two different approaches to staging.

But I did like having both in Skyrim--FPS makes me horribly motion sick after 30 minutes, but I could activate it just enough for finer actions like taking stuff off bookshelves and desks, then tap back to TP when I'm exploring.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
I like how the Game Grumps play through had a couple things I hadn't seen before…
like the bottle and tally marks in the room when you wake up the second time, and the fact that that room can be reached by "bug glitch" rather than via neck snapping. Also the fact that the jellybean baby is the one doing the weird deep voice narration.
Just glad that there're people to do this so I don't ever have to. I'm pretty sure that Alien: Isolation is gonna be the limit of my ability to get through any sort of survival horror type game.

I can't really play these games cause Im a huge pussy, but I was able to find it (after searching for free games, since I couldn't find it anywhere else) and I played until
You get jumped by chick and wake up in the room again.
Honestly what stopped me playing wasn't the fact that my heart was racing like a jackhammer, but that I had no clue what to do. I just walked from one door to the other a few times, and tried to get into the bathroom again to no luck. It happened when you're first able to go in the bathroom too.
I found the fetus and everything, but I couldn't get out. Eventually the fetus stopped crying, then a few min later, it decided to let me out.
Maybe I was just missing something but none of the buttons besides movement actually did anything.

Aside from that gripe, Im sad that Im too much of a wuss to play these kinda games, coupled with Im not a fan of the less passive horror games (outlast, slender, etc.) because this looks to be fucking awesome if you're into it.

P.S.
Nothing will be freakier than Eraserhead fetus. Nothing. This fetus looks like a plucked chicken with the head of that dragon thing from Willow

two-headed-monster-willow.jpeg

EDIT:
Ok I'm watching a playthrough of it, and when he looked at the pic of the couple with the wife X'd out a hole burned in her head and the door opened. I looked at that pic, and that didn't happen to me. Maybe it needs you to be very precise with how you do things or something? But then the gameplay doesn't lend itself to being precise since you can't actually interact with anything. I dunno.

Last edited:

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Has anyone watched SoapyWarpig's playthrough? http://www.twitch.tv/soapywarpig/b/557446887

She
says that the music, that sort of whining screechy violin sound is meant to imply you're missing something, and that you should look at everything you can.
I think so far I've seen about 3 different people playing through and it's been slightly different every time.

Anyway it would be far scarier if it's first person, and I'd be quite happy if there was next to no combat and you just had to use your wits. I mean I don't get why there is this insistence that a game must be a fps OR a puzzle OR a strategy OR rpg etc. It's backwards to me, if you want games to be more realistic they should combine several elements depending on the plot.

So for example I wouldn't be bothered if at one point you did get hold of a gun for a bit, but you should have to conserve ammo - none of this convienient finding piles of ammo in odd locations.

Although given what we know of SH (and assuming they keep that overall idea) It could be argued that the guns and ammuniton are all part of the illusion anyway.

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
SoapyWarpig was the first one to report that the ending was a Silent Hills trailer :monster: Legit player!

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
She needs a medal for bravery. How the hell she can play through that and sound so calm is beyond me. :lol:

Im thinking about getting my non-gamer friend to play this while I stream it. She's agreed to play it, but all she knows about it is that it's called P.T. I doubt she'll still agree to play it after she first steps into the hallway tho lol :(

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
I kinda burst out laughing when Danny called it "jellybean baby"

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA

lol Konami

(also, :monster: the deadpan guy at 1:50)

Arianna

Holy, Personified
AKA
Katie; Seta.
Okay, you all know I have to interject with a stupid question...

Seriously, I'm a tad confused.

This is part of the series or a remake of Silent Hill, yes?

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
When I get a PS4, I'm playing this. I'm going to hate myself for it, but I'm doing it. SH2 remains one of the most unique gaming experiences I've had. If this is as promising as it looks and captures even half that magic, I'm all in.

Okay, you all know I have to interject with a stupid question...

Seriously, I'm a tad confused.

This is part of the series or a remake of Silent Hill, yes?

Part of the series as far as we know.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
This comment is BY FAR the coolest/creepiest thing that I've read so far about the Demo.

By means of chronicling the events around the bathroom:

• The first time you pass the bathroom nothing happens. You walk to the basement and end up in the hallway.
• The second time you pass the bathroom there's a crying baby and someone bumping on the inside of the door. You try to open it a few times, conclude that it's locked and continue to the basement.
• The third time the bathroom door creaks open but can't be opened further.
• Fourth time the door opens all the way and you enter.

Cut to the bathroom inside, the events:

• You're in there, see that the door closed behind you, and you hear footsteps in the hallway.
• Then the baby cries and you try to open the door, only to see someone wiggling the doorknob a few times a moment later.
• Wait a bit more and the door creaks open for a bit but you can't open it all the way, almost as if someone is on the other side blocking it.
• Then the door unsticks and you can push it all the way open.

Are you sure the only you is you?

your character is the father who murdered his whole family that the radio talks about, but you're also not the "you" who did it. That "you" is the voice that starts talking over the radio when you start looping around into yourself (hence the number chanting and telling you to turn around, etc). That'd also make sense why you watch the scene of you killing her in the bathroom, but there's no one actually there (because you never directly encounter yourself), and there's the message about him having a monster inside himself over the doorway - the monster inside him is literally another "him." That's also why you're trapped in a loop of not being able to catch up with the REAL "you" until you're "chosen" by the phone call at the end, and finally break the loop and become part of the real "you."

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
I kind of hope that isn't the case because that has sort of been done hasn't it? SH2 it turns out you killed your own wife (although I guess it was a kind of sort of mercy killing....a bit....ish)

According to at least one of those playthroughs, when the door is ajar slightly and you can't get into the bathroom, the ghost appears and pulls the door shut.

But that kind of fits with the possessed shadow doesn't it? Although I couldn't tell if the shadow was the ghost woman or not.

So far this demo has made me afraid of my own shadow, and going to the bathroom at night...........and corridors.

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Cap'n Highwind whats with all the deleted messages all of a sudden? :sadpanda:

Top Bottom