AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
tumblr_mbs3cmaoIL1qh3j0a.gif

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Octo, Octorawk, Clarky Cat, Kissmammal2000
Be strong Hito! One day, in about 8 years you and I are going to go to cash converters and buy us some ps4's. We WILL get to play this....soooooommmmeeedayyyy....sooommeehoooooow....sooooomewheeeerrrre!

There's a PS4 for us,
Somewhere a PS4 for us.
8th gen games and hardware.
Wait for us
Somewhere.

There's a time for us,
Some day a time for us,
Time to play games with time to spare,
Time to look, time to care,
Someday!
Somewhere.
We'll find a new way of playing,
We'll find a way of saving
Somewhere.

There's a PS4 for us,
A 2nd hand PS4 for us.
Hold my hand and we're half way there.
Hold my hand and I'll take you there
Somehow,
Someday,
Somewhere!

Sorry :monster:

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
Jesse McCree. I feel like a New Man
Argh I can't seem to trigger the baby's second laugh! It says I have to trigger the horny ghost and stare into her without getting killed. How is this accomplished?!

http://www.twitch.tv/onthedonner/b/559682178

She already played for a min before I realized it hadnt restarted from the beginning, but from where I left off, so I cut it off to see if I could start it from the begining but nope. Su I just started her playing it again from there. Lisa jumped out by the plant and killed her, so thats what she keeps talking about :P

Arianna

Holy, Personified
AKA
Katie; Seta.
I'm sooooooooooooo interested, but sooooooooooooooo scared to play these games.

And why is such negativity - and let's be honest, the subject matter is not positive - so intriguing, so inviting?!?!?!?!?

EDIT: Also, roaches. I abhor roaches!!!

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
^Well its a whole other topic, but I guess the appeal is that the average person doesn't have to deal with even half the horrible shit a caveman would have to deal with - yeah cavemen weren't running from zombies or ghosts, but day to day life was a constant struggle to survive.

Modern humanity....we're a 'captive' species. We're very comfortable generally speaking, but I think on some level we need to feel fear, to have our survival insincts kick in sometimes. I guess it's a lot like giving a cat or a dog a toy to mimick hunting behaviours? Some people get it out of sports, but people like me (lazy bastards) prefer games and films. (This probably explains why I'm always spoiling horror films for myself on IMDB - even when I know the films are going to be shit)

That's my theory anyway :monster:

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
http://www.twitch.tv/onthedonner/b/559682178

She already played for a min before I realized it hadnt restarted from the beginning, but from where I left off, so I cut it off to see if I could start it from the begining but nope. Su I just started her playing it again from there. Lisa jumped out by the plant and killed her, so thats what she keeps talking about :P

:lol: I've been veeeerrry slowly watching it with my crappy internet. Almost at the end, but I must say shes incredibly brave - and as a non gamer I'm amazed she isn't complaining about the controls (like every non gaming person I've ever tried to get into games!)

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
Robbaz does a lot of humorous gameplay stuff, but the 6:43 - 7:34 bit clued me in to something really awesome.

The Cryptic Radio Transmission is in Swedish (Enable the Closed Captions on this Video)

Close your eyes.
Let your ears listen, to the radio.
Do you hear my voice?
Can you hear your own soul's scream?
Let us choose
My voice that tells the future
Or your tortured (inaudible)
Well, what do you choose?
You can choose.
Your life, your future.
Wise as you are you might already have discovered it.
Yes, the radio drama from 75 years ago was true.
They are here on our earth and they monitor and see all.
Don't trust anyone. Don't trust the police.
They are already controlled by them.
That's the way it has been for 75 years now.
Only our best (inaudible)
You have a right. A right to become one of us.
So, welcome to our world. Very soon the gates to a new dimension will open.
2-0-4-8-6-3
2-0-4-8-6-3

Kotaku currently thinks this means a reference to War of the Worlds, but fucking cool nonetheless.

X :neo:

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
THE CHANCES OF ANYTHING COMING FROM MARS, WAS A MILLION TO ONE.... BUT STILL THEY COOOME!

really must stop singing...

Does this mean the joke UFO ending of SH1 was actually the true ending? :awesome:

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
to go on a tangent but this thread has been at a 87% composition of them so far

am i the only person who hasn't got on board for let's play videos?

i would rather just watch a straightforward clip of the game without commentary :sadpanda:

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
THE CHANCES OF ANYTHING COMING FROM MARS, WAS A MILLION TO ONE.... BUT STILL THEY COOOME!

really must stop singing...

Does this mean the joke UFO ending of SH1 was actually the true ending? :awesome:

:bigawesomonster:

to go on a tangent but this thread has been at a 87% composition of them so far

am i the only person who hasn't got on board for let's play videos?

i would rather just watch a straightforward clip of the game without commentary :sadpanda:

I look for no commentary ones when I'm actually watching them. Everything else is all mostly humour/entertainment, and I don't watch through initial playthroughs like that. (I mostly watch Robbaz because his Kerbal Space Program videos are hilarious, and the only other things like that that I watch are things from the Yogscast which is all just done as entertainment).

For this, after I've watched through it, the commentary is interesting, because people are digging up clues and noticing things that might not've been pointed out yet (and it's an easy thing to check out while I'm working). :awesome:

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
So, the guy who did the Swedish Translation Video has a commentary-filled playthrough video of him figuring it out as he goes (like, he goes in totally blind and with NO knowledge of the game, and ends up relying on some help with the final puzzle). He does see a couple cool things that I haven't seen in other playthroughs thus far:

He hangs out in the garage and it turns out that the weird little paper bag on the table talks to you. (~17:10)

Also, he gets a different version of the reset error message. (~3:30)
He also gets an interesting text flash when avoiding the ghost (~14:00)

Additionally, I found another video that shows that Norman Reedus' character model is used through the whole demo, and not just the final "Silent Hills" cutscene:

Aaaaaaaand, another that shows Lisa is up on the balcony after the window falls:

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
Part 2 of that video has THE BEST thing that I've ever seen in a playthrough yet.

12:30-14:30

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
This game is breaking the 4th wall all over the place. Seriously. If the full game is going to use tricks like this..... I think it's going to have to come with a health warning - no exaggeration.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
will akira yamaoka be back to do the music because if not i don't know what i will do (it will probably involve crying a lot)

and since it's kojima working on this maybe getting rika muranaka back for another song for old time's sake

Drax

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Benoist; Captain Highwind
Kojimaaaaaa_zps6a62907d.gif

KojimaLOL_zpsbcd1216c.gif

Pretty much.

Kojima will cram as many easter eggs as he can, that's just what he does. They will dissect this demo for years to come, especially if he has had access to voice commands. The man loves peripherals (see: Psycho Mantis.)

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Jesus christ, that vid X posted GET DOWN THE STAIRS GET DOWN THE FUCKING STAIRS YOU FUCKING IDIOT YOURE GONNA DIE.

also....fucking millipedes?

Top Bottom