Now just the official "Fuck Konami in general" thread #fuckonami

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
Yeah that's pretty old news by now, but its still a massive shame

Still, my favorite reaction gif (I saw reposted elsewhere too :monster:)

NbBNmSj.gif

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
And given their business culture, ridiculously stressful to leave, since it's be easy to sabotage ex-employees' chances to get anywhere else (not to mention getting screwed for even being supportive of people moving on).

X :neo:

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Octo, Octorawk, Clarky Cat, Kissmammal2000
Welp, it's going to be especially easy for me to boycott them given that they aren't even making anything worthwhile to me any more :monster:

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
you're telling me you wouldn't play 'castlevania pachinko slots: EROTIC VIOLENCE' if you had the chance?????????????///

Blade

That Man
AKA
Darkside-Ky/Mimeblade
This is just my two cents but... back in the day Sega owned a lot of IPs and pretty much became a bloated rotten corpse.

Later on several companies bought those IPs out from under Sega to lighten the load and make titles more viable.

Do you guys think the same will happen to Konami?

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
Not really. I think Sega had financial trouble?
Konami simply cares about other ventures more because that's where they smell money.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
komani owns the rights to some series (like bomberman) because they absorbed hudson several years ago. so if they fuck stuff up enough, someone else might come along and absorb konami and their franchises :awesome:

or they could just licence out the rights to certain series and let others develop games that aren't slot machine games with titles that sound like a chapter out of 50 shades of grey or a criminal offence (apparently they were going to licence out the 'momotarou dentetsu' series to nintendo but that might have fallen through now too)

Blade

That Man
AKA
Darkside-Ky/Mimeblade
Well, here's the thing:

Technos Japan has been dead and buried for a number of years up until recently... ARC System Works bought the Technos Brand and are planning TO DO something with it!

They also did the same with their own in-house IP Guilty Gear when they bought the IP from Sega.

So here's my thinking... if Konami keeps "screwing up" it's only a matter of time before something like Metal Gear as an IP is on the market again.

Kojima could just snap it back up so that he owns it (and if anyone deserves to own that IP it's him).

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
But things like utilizing Castlevania for their Erotic Violence pachinko machines makes me pretty sure that no matter what, they're gonna just slap the brand labels on anything that'll make them money with little to no fucks given for the IP itself. (Also, I retitled this thread as a general anti-Konami thread, since there's fuck-all hope of it being good for discussing much else, since Allison Road has its own thread).

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
Konami's not screwing up though, they make most of their money through all the mobile, pachinko/gambling and fitness stuff. They're not in financial trouble. They simply choose to not invest in something that doesn't get them max profit.
Their IPs will not be up for grabs anytime soon, if ever. Like X said, they're just gonna use those brands and just slap them on other shit instead.

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
Yeah they're not going to give away their IPs. They're recognisable brands that they'll leverage to sell dumb bullshit (and that dumb bullshit will sell)

The most you can hope for is licensing their brand to third parties to produce throwaway titles. We know for sure they're not going to do it internally unless they know for a fact that it'll be cheap and it'll come with a big overhead.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
This is also why things like "Bloodstained" and spiritual successor titles are the best moves for the original creators when they break away from places like Konami, but want to stay true to the spirit of the games that they made, even when the IP is out of their control.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
they officially put more effort into the press thing announcing the pachislot game (it took place in an abandoned hospital with a bunch of people dressed as nurses and you had to use a map to find the test machines) than they did the whole hd collection

edit;

you couldn't even make the new music sound like silent hill, konami

Last edited:

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
Konami Silent Hill Pachinko Game said:
"What exactly... is a nightmare?"

THIS, Konami. THIS is a nightmare. The fact that Silent Hills got cancelled, and this got created is the embodiment of a nightmare & the irony of the fact that your new cash-grabbing, IP-whoring, gambling machine is asking this is painful.

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
Jason Tandro, Doc Brown, Santa Christ, FearAddict, Thibault Stormrunner, RN: Micah Rodney
My god... there is something worse than Final Fantasy All The Bravest.

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
lol that dislike bar is exactly where it should be
:monster:

I really don't envy the people who have to turn out the trailers for these XD

Top Bottom