AKA
hitoshura
i probably won't be buying their stuff anymore

because they don't seem to be making anything that interests me beyond tpp

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X

Lewis & Hannah of the Yogscast playing through the Minecraft recreation of the P.T. Demo -- which is suitably impressive given what they game's capable of. (Hannah's the one who played the original demo, and Lewis hasn't ever seen it).

X :neo:

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
i just tried mine out, and it seems to be working fine. i tried running p.t. first, then outlast, then the store to see if that checked drm.

i don't have any digital purchases to check, outlast was a psplus free game, and i got p.t. off the japanese store so maybe there's something different there.

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
Yeah seems to be locking up just the digital purchases

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
Jesse McCree. I feel like a New Man
Dig an even deeper hole, Konami. I still won't fucking buy any of your shit, not even MGSV or any shit you had.

Blade

That Man
AKA
Darkside-Ky/Mimeblade
I remember the days when Konami made awesome games like Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles the Arcade game and Castlevania.

Whatever they plan on doing, they better make some smart decisions fast.

vaderSW1

Dark Knight of the Red Wings
What a fucking shame. This whole situation is a complete clusterfuck. P.T. was genuinely one of the scariest gaming experiences I have ever had. It was actually one of the scariest things I have encountered ever (be it real life, movies, etc). It looked like Silent Hill was going to be a truly amazing experience.

I would like to see Kojima and Del Toro maybe take their idea to another company and have them develop it under a different name.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
This SBH video is being taken down left and right by Konami but if the circumstances of the Konami v Kojima incident (and the fall out) are a bit foggy for you then it's a good watch it goes over a lot of things very well.

So, the video is back up and apparently YouTube themselves did it because Konami didn't supply enough information as to why it's copyright infringement.

Splintered

unsavory tart
I like to laugh at dmca claims like... obviously this attempt at silencing criticism of videogames has never backfired before.

It literally just makes people want to show it to everyone ever.

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
Amizon, Commander Shepard, Ellie, Rinoa Heartilly, Xena, Clara Oswald, Gamora, Lana Kane, Tifa Lockhart, Jodie Holmes, Chloe Price.
I won't be surprised if Konami goes bankrupt by the end of the year the way they're going.

Geostigma

Pro Adventurer
AKA
gabe
Yeah unfortunately the only thing that wont be surprising about Konamis next few years will be the absolute bastardization of really amazing IP's.

They did it to silent hill with some really great talent around the studios. Just imagine how awful these mobile games are gonna be now that Konami blatantly gives no fucks in the public eye.

Blade

That Man
AKA
Darkside-Ky/Mimeblade
Honestly speaking though, are "Mobile games" the so-called 'future of gaming'?

I know a lot of companies diving in to the trend, but is it really a thing? Or are they making a big mistake?

Geostigma

Pro Adventurer
AKA
gabe
It's the future of profits :monster:

Even games that aren't giant hits still rake in a fair amount of money. Combined with the exploitative nature of some of the games and extremely easy way to click away 1$ at a time to keep playing or what ever it's just to easy to make money.

I don't think it will ever take over console and pc gaming but there are A LOT of people playing mobile games. It's just to easy to access these games and it's to easy for companies to find ways to monetize them. I mean heck this years superbowl had something like 5 different mobile game commercials several with movie stars in them to boot.

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
Honestly speaking though, are "Mobile games" the so-called 'future of gaming'?

I know a lot of companies diving in to the trend, but is it really a thing? Or are they making a big mistake?

This is in the context of a Japanese company. Even the biggest-selling home console in that market has performed woefully compared to portable and mobile divisions, which continue to dominate as per the end of the previous generation of gaming. Big, AAA budget titles made for home consoles just don't seem to be worth the effort to be profitable in Japan.

It's a crying shame but from a business standpoint it makes perfect sense.

Top Bottom