Opera Omnia Dissidia News/Discussion Thread

Sprites

Waiting for something
AKA
Gems
Haha always straight in there! Thanks as always!

I did watch the stream nearly missed the beginning of it though!

The final co op was.....extemely annoying with those two stickers spamming eejits teaming up with Joshua.

Nothing too unexpected in there the QOL icon changes is really nice though!

Gilgamesh BT is a skip for me he's not really on my radar but Leila is getting gemmed, Ceodore is getting tokened and depending on resources I'll maybe pull for Rem's LD.

I'm looking forward to Beatrix's rework especially as shes still very viable in todays content without one and I look forward to a Rosa rework.

I believe I saw some hints about future free multidraws after this round of them is over! I Have a funny feeling we'll get something Stranger of Paradise related shown on that particular stream. They mentioned it would make an appearance in OO during the last live stream.

P.S Joshua's cat is adorable!

Finally I awakened DKCecil today, I must admit he's been extemely fun to bring off the bench! He deserved that rework! Now if we can have a future BT for him that would be awesome!

Reactions: Ite

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
So how much sticker use is reasonable, and where does it cross the line into spamming?

I’ll typically send a hello/let’s do this sticker in the lobby, and usually at the end of someone’s burst, and then during the victory pose. Occasionally, if the team is making great time or grooving particularly well, I’ll throw Rinoa’s “whee” out there too. I feel like that’s reasonable, right? 3-4 over the course of a match? That’s, like, the median of what I see from other players too…

Sprites

Waiting for something
AKA
Gems
Yeah thats fine I do that as well! Or when someone exceutes a really well timed move I usually fire a sticker up.

These two guys one kept spamming Sephiroth's "Ha ha don't act like you're sad' line and then they both kept spamming Tidus' 'This is my story!" Stickers throughout the entire co op like it was constant but really bad from the Sephiroth person. If it wasn't a livestream I reckon Joshua would have disbanded the co op, I Definitely would have.

Ite

AKA
Ite
Ah so it was two random ppl who randomly matched on the livestream? Like teenagers on the evening news?

Pretty sure the only time I ever use a “line” is if I’m matched with a Garnet and a Vivi as Zidane, at which point I say “I’ll protect both you and Vivi!” Hee hee

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
People still doing meme sticker spam in OO?

Lol some things never change.... So stupid.

Sprites

Waiting for something
AKA
Gems
Continuously Spamming stickers in co op is just straight up trolling a couple is fine but every 2 seconds, fuck off with that crap!

Have to be honest I always do solo coops rather than joining others, you get less rewards but at least when I'm running a book for items I'm fully in control of the party and not counting on either people acting like they don't know how to press a button or their Internet lagging or something.

Sprites

Waiting for something
AKA
Gems
Fucking yes!!!!! Its about damn time he got in there!

Despite the cap on paid gems, kinda pissed about it I'm hyped as fuck about Minwu.

Where the hell did the 6 pack come from?????

Sprites

Waiting for something
AKA
Gems
Leila LD in 10K I had enough of other tokens etc to get the rest of her kit so that was good!

Maidenofwar

They/Them
Beat my first Lufenia+, managed to Complete, and by extension got the Complete for the Lufenia also. I used Garnet, Eiko, Lilisette. My Garnet had everything except high armour realised or limit broken, Eiko and Lili with mostly everything but no high armour yet. None of them have great artifacts or Ultima Weapons either. The Lufenia+ I beat was the Bahamut raid one, at the end I still had two LD skills left on everyone and plenty of other skills too. I summoned when Bahamut had 4% HP left but I didn't really need to. Took two attempts, first time I lost to Megaflare soon after the orb first went up and I hadn't used Lilisette's LD (HP shield) or Eiko's (Phoenix) yet nor had I taken any calls with revives. Second attempt was the win and it went so smooth. I'm really chuffed ☺

Sprites

Waiting for something
AKA
Gems
My lil Ceodore dude is here instant token and greened

He may not hit damage numbers like Locke, Garnet or Machina but he's a little power house all the same and provides great heals, buffs and holy party enchant.

This Lufenia+ was a pain in the arse because of the damn buffs from those stupid Lizards. Ceodore was excellent for damage and holy enchant but I hate those damn lizards and their threshold countdowns and their blessing buff and their stupid supplication for grace move.

Sprites

Waiting for something
AKA
Gems
Pity we have to wait several months for it on global. Can't wait to see the BT showcase.

Ite

AKA
Ite
I have a question about support characters. Do you give someone a support bonus just for selecting their character in the support screen? Or do you need to actually use the character in the battle? I assume it’s the former, but if it’s the latter I’m going to make sure to use my supports instead of just smashing everything with my A team.

Sprites

Waiting for something
AKA
Gems
@Ite do you mean like when someone uses your set support character do you get a bonus for them using them.

@ultima espio

Yeah at the time of your first post the BT hadn't been showcased but I am all for it and 'Searching for Friends' playing in tne background.

Ite

AKA
Ite
@Ite do you mean like when someone uses your set support character do you get a bonus for them using them.

Yeah, every time I log in it gives me a reward for “Players assisted: #.” I want to make sure my friends are getting rewarded when I choose them, so I’m wondering if all it takes is choosing them before the battle, or if you have to actually use their character during the battle for it to count.

Sprites

Waiting for something
AKA
Gems
Ah yes gotcha!

I Believe the gil you're given is based on how many people chose your support character and they actually use.

Sprites

Waiting for something
AKA
Gems
Ive 125K gems set aside to pity his BT of I need to and then green, he's already blue armoured, I got his LD on the last run and I used tokens for Ceodore who I'm having a lot of fun with at the mo running alongside Kain and Garnet. I'll also be pulling for Rydia to complete my goal to fully kit out my FFIV roster and that poor girl is in desperate need of a rework! Maybe I'll grt lucky with the free multis.

After Zack, Kain will be my next BT and he's the debut of Force weapons, still debating whether to go for Snow BT or not between that time frame.

I genuinely thought Zacks banner cycle was going to start from tomorrow, a little disappointing though as apart from the coops coming which lets face it once you run a book on them don't take long to gather tokens for and get the biggies, Cloud and Squall getting their rework there's nothing new for over a week, guess its the perfect time to start catching up on my DETs I haven't done yet its the only content I haven't finished yet all in all the stream felt a bit lacking tonight I think I'll be more hyped next week when we actaully get to Zack and Rydia and I can continuously spam Price of Freedom in battle and more content comes in!

Sprites

Waiting for something
AKA
Gems
Who the fuck in the development team came up with the latest lufenia+ mechanics, back to fatal orbs, big brave damage reductions, increase the orb by delaying the boss but then get punished with cleansing and instant turn warping from the boss if
you take more than 7 turns in a row the fuck???

I still beat it but fuck me the fight is essentailly asking for you to use Cloud for the delay and his paralyse debuff and the fact hes synergy and it just completely punishes you for it.

Sprites

Waiting for something
AKA
Gems
Full pity for Zack but thats alright I didnt have to pity Rydia and I've now another fully kitted FF4 character!

Edit: the Lufenia+ battle was a lot of fun! Rydia and Zack make this fight basically nothing to worry about Zack tanking everything and Rydia giving evasion and also making water a weakness and enchanting water and her limit break is so fast charging she does some excellent damage onside the support. You could take any damage dealer third, I did Garnet during a first run but then also ran Ramza because of his supports, pretty damn fun run.

Zack'S burst and music just ugh the feels!

Also autoing cosmos with Ramza, Rydia and Zack, 3 LDs and done, 2 if Ramza goes first means all I have to do is hit the retry button and thats it.

Last edited:

Sprites

Waiting for something
AKA
Gems
Got lucky with Laguna LD so fired some tickets to aim for the BT and managed to get it within 250ish honestly it wasn't so much that I wanted it badly, its just...Man with the Machine gun is one of the best Battle themes out there! So I've ended up bluing and greening him and I also Greened Terra, she got me through A LOT of early Lufenia content with Yang and Cor Comps she was always gonna be a green.

I also managed to Get Enna Kros and Sherlotta LDs in the free multis so I guess it was an excuse to do some building, Enna Kros' LD animation is pretty damn cool and I ended up giving her Blue Armor. Selphie has also had an excellent rework!

I have one more BT I want to green before Kain and that's Vaan and in the meantime I'm focusing on maxing out My Ultima Spear and Dagger and the last few banners have been excellent for power stoning build ups for when FRs are released.

Top Bottom