Opera Omnia Dissidia News/Discussion Thread

Obsidian Fire

Ahk Morn!
AKA
The Engineer
The way I order my roster is by game series. You also have ten party slots, so that simplifies things too. I'll have one party slot for general farming, another for crystal farming, another for my Lalye/Kiess/X launch team, another for Summon Board farming (with Tifa), another for whatever event is ongoing that isn't those ones etc. And that helps a lot.

Sprites

Waiting for something
AKA
Gems
@Mr. Ite it sounds to me like you need to expand your roster a bit more in terms of a wide range of damage dealers, supports and tanks not even for BT/LD but even as far as Ex weapons to clear some additional content.

Unfortunately you can't brute force lufenia for a fair few of them and a lot of them carry requirements that have to keep the orb in check.

Honestly if you have enough resources I recommend you go for Yshtola right now as support as her BT and LD are up for grab and her and her BT is excellent shes also hyped for BT+ I don't need her as I have a good support roster and have her LD but I reckon shed be worth it for you if you lack a major healer

Sprites

Waiting for something
AKA
Gems
Rumblings of a possible Global first over on reddit as they've packed a month's content within 2 weeks, and there's a free week the same week Endwalker is out.

Kinda makes sense and JPs last LD has been announced meaning Global first LDs are no longer a thing, Global first character however is a different story.

Zack is my go to, but I am going to pass on Vayne at this point i'd like him but I want Garnet and I don't have enough resources for Vayne, Zack and her in such a short time frame.

Sprites

Waiting for something
AKA
Gems
Shelke's full kit dropped in 60 tickets.

Personally I think it was good Karma for looking for my cat for an hour at 1.30am after he snuck out of the house when my dad went out for smoke last night.

Took me a while to settle last night with a 6am start this morning so I pulled within the first hour of her release last night.

Hope Garnet is just as good to me!

Sprites

Waiting for something
AKA
Gems
More good luck! L&R LD dropped in about 80 tickets I have tokens to pity the BT and I just need one more ingot to green them. All in all pretty happy with the results because I didn't have to massively eat into resources!

Obsidian Fire

Ahk Morn!
AKA
The Engineer
Garland BT+ is *really* fun. Having his awesome BT effect twice in a fight makes for very fun crazy damage out of the rest of the team. And more consistent delay out of him is always fun.

Sprites

Waiting for something
AKA
Gems
He is fun! I Never went for his BT but using friend BT is a bit nuts on the damage.

Garnet's LD was so kind to me! 50 tickets and now I don't need anything until Machina BT and Ursula LD release so 2-3 monthsof saving yay!

Can we talk for a sec about Intertwined wills?

Without spoiling, I love how this explores the characters a bit more essentially it feels like the Lost Chapters but directly in relation to the current story arc rather than separately Garnet's made me smile a lot!

Edit: I forgot to mention this but I was able to green the twins, with multiple enemies they are absolutely bonkers 3 gets the 1mil LD damager from them absolutely nuts they stomped Garnet's IW Lufenia and + version.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ite

Sprites

Waiting for something
AKA
Gems
Big thank you to you @ultima espio for posting this every month after the stream.

I havent opened the game today job keeping me busy but Jecht although a monster Damage dealer from what I hear and as awesome as it is having Otherworld play as his burst theme, think I'll fire 100 tickets at his banner and call it a day if nothing of note drops Kain is on my radar this month for Lds

Interestingly Divine Shiva Lufenia+ is the trial version of non fatal orbs but has ridiculous mechanics like being frozen in the fight and 1M shields if they break you with a 70 turn requirement, I believe this fight got a lot of criticism when it hit JP but for global i'm seeing a lot of Ace or Cor strats with this fight on reddit and also a lot of WoL useage, I have Ace LD and Cor LD nd Wol full kit so I might try one of them with WoL and a big damage dealer like the twins and see how I do at least its a permanent Lufenia + so can always attempt in the future if I decide not to.

Edit: Hooo boy BT but no LD on tickets so uh I may need to pull but do it with tickets because I can't not round off the kit now that I got the BT only thing is I'll have enough Gems to pity Kain so that's ok I guess.

Last edited:

Sprites

Waiting for something
AKA
Gems
Lotta crammed in content after a bit of a lull, nice to see,

I'd find it odd that its so crammed if it wasn't for the fact the anniversary is coming up soon.

Jergan is a big fat skip, Machina on the other hand I have tokens, a book and ingots ready to BT+ him so no need to worry about spending gems.

interesting to see if they do bring a global first either way they'd have to be absolutely spectacular to trump Cor whose been the most amazing global first we've ever had, hard to beat him, ton of mileage out of him.

Sprites

Waiting for something
AKA
Gems
Can't say I'm overly interested in her as such but I See she's getting a BT though which is cool and I hear she's paired with Rydia for her FR move, makes sense given they're connections with Leviathan.

I believe she fits the criteria for a BT because the novel released makes her a protagonist? So far only Protagonist's/antagonists and those who have been in prior Dissidia games are the criteria for BTs.

Can we also talk about Terra's new costume for a minute!! 012 costume? Check!, prototype short hair reference? Check! Just shut up and take my money! Honestly I've never bought the costumes because they're far to expensive but jeeze this one might make me reconsider!

Screenshot_20211226-155826_Reddit.jpg

The next few months are going to leave me flat out broke for resources because the characters I want are one after the other and pretty much all favourites which is fine because I haven't used a lot of resources since the twins banner so I'm on a good saving curve at the moment, any of the LDs I've gone for lately I've managed to luck in with tickets or very few gems which has been a big help.

If we get a really good global first for the anniversary I'll probably use tickets and hope for the best because I need to save gem resources.

My next BTs I want are Machina whose getting tokened and greened I have 50 set aside for him plus a book and ingots and ready to blue armor him once his armor is available for realization.

Then Ursula LD comes along, then Llyud his I'm hyped for as a Revenant Wings fan although there's also a Divine Ifrit event just before his banner so can replen 40K gems and 400 tickets thankfully and also get 3K from his summon boards so that'll help.

Next comes Locke whose getting gems used because I'll be wanting his LD on the way and then greened, also has a book and ingots set aside.

Ceodore who I should be able to token his BT because Gems are being saved for Leila's banner and hopefully at that point I'll have tackled enough Lufenia+ fights to green him.

Then Zack who's directly after him and also falls with Divine Leviathan event for ticket and gem replen but will probably end up being reliant on tickets mostly I don't think I'll have enough gems at that point it really depends how I do on the previous banners so gotta hope for some decent luck, may need to wait to go green on him.

Then Snow a month later, while not a favourite BT tanks are fun and I hear you can pull off some major shennanigans with his BT effect activated so he's on the list as a non favourite, again dependent on resources will depend on how I pull for him.

Kain is 2/3 months later and a favourite but he has a bit of breathing space in between banners. Kain will definitely have tokens saved at that point and be booked and greened, but he also comes with the introduction of Force Weapons so I need to have resources at the ready for that.

After Kain there's thankfully some breathing space, but my next few months are going to be insane for my resources.

Sprites

Waiting for something
AKA
Gems
Machina is an absolute beast fyi he absolutely needs to be a green to get the most out of him his HP attack becomes a 1 million hp attack per turn when his burst is in effect so using his finisher first and then going into a full BT phase is absolutely bonkers I ended up with a 10.7 million burst phase as i paired him with Selphie and Lenna and had Selphie Rapure in effect

Paine, I used tickets on I forgot she was due and she has one of the most interesting LD effects in the game as its all dependent on her party position its probably the most interesting LD available and kits and shes really fun, they gave her a lot of love with her rework.

Sprites

Waiting for something
AKA
Gems
Pulled Snow LD with tickets seeing as we got all those lovely extra ticket chocoboards, and it saves me in the longrun as I only need to pull for his burst later down the line. I seem to be going through a lucky enough streak right now, probably means I'll have to pity Locke's LD and BT.

I'm really enjoying these Intersecting Wills released and the further character development they provide.

I'm such a fan in general of the way this game gets all the characters interacting and shows their camaraderie with each other its done really well. I get so into the story each time a new chapter or IW is released.

Sprites

Waiting for something
AKA
Gems
Ursula LD dropped on the free multi, my resources are safe can't believe my luck, that means Locke will definitely end up being a pity at this rate.

I was able to exchange the rest of Ursula's kit with tokens i'd saved. Her mechanic is awesome, party can't be broken while her LD effects is in place and her chakra provides some amazing brave recovery.

Her, Snow and Machina completely mopped the floor with her Lufenia+ event.

Machina is just straight up insane right now for damage, I still can't get over the output that's two Lufenia+ in a row I've been able to annihilate with him now.

Last edited:

Sprites

Waiting for something
AKA
Gems
Hoooooooo boy this c90 era is something else, even if you don't have their LD the power surge is pretty crazy and it really does a lot for them, Cid I wasn't going to go for his LD until I used a friends one with him at c90 and LD and well 183 tickets in, I'd say that was a worth while investment absolutely nutty damage output.

Can't wait til we get more and I can play around a bit.

We're also now officially into non fatal orb territory for Lufenia/+ fights so was able to ignore it. I had a ridiculous amount of fun mopping the floor with Ifrit using Paine, Basch and Machina. If you have Basch and his LD in that fight you really can't lose.

Machina is without a doubt probably my favourite BT+ unit.

I'm skipping Noel BT, I have his LD but I really need to keep the gems etc for Llyud, and Locke and the possibility of a global first release over the anniversary period and right now with the BT+ era I'm more careful about who got for.

I think my first Ultima Weapon build will go Locke but still figuring things out over this one.

Sprites

Waiting for something
AKA
Gems
Llyud is here!

He's amazing, his LD charges his Ex then his Ex charges everyone else's plus the amount of Aura's provided, the guys a walking BT support effect he's great fun. I took him, Machina and Queen to his Lufenia, absolutely nutty, orb wasn't even a worry. I know I say everyone I use is amazing and nutty but they are right now and currently the power creep in the c90 era is real Lufenia fights have come out of the crazy orb conditions and are much easier to manage and strategies and brave ans hp reductions are not as prominent.

Really nice seeing him interact with everyone after Revenant Wings, I feel like I need to go brush off my DS and start a game up again.

So my focus is 3 ultima weapons to start for working on. The sword as its most common in the roster for characters, I've already rotated it between Queen and Noctis. The dagger because I want to have it for Locke and also to use in the future for Zidane when he hits c90 as he's still a regular on my roster at the moment outside of using Machina to decimate lufenia+ fights.

Finally the Spear this is already getting used between Llyud and Cid, and I want it for Kain in the future.

Its only 1 week to go til the anniversary stream, can't wait to see what they have in store for us.

Last edited:

Sprites

Waiting for something
AKA
Gems
Given last year they gave us LD firsts with Balthier and Vincent I'd say a global first in some format is more than likely. Its just a question of what will it be? Either global first character with LD C90 , global first with LD/BT c90 or will we get a global first BT from a current character.

Worth noting currently we can't have anymore global first LDs for current characters as they've all received them in JP now.

There's a lot of demand for Red XIII and Rikku in the global community. Angeal has also been datamined in the very early days of Opera Omnia so hes a possibility to be introduced.

I'd like to see us get another global first character theres a heck of a lot still to be brought in

In terms of BT firsts for current characters theres still a few characters in global that are BT candidates going by current criteria that haven't got them in JP yet,

Tifa, Rinoa and Aerith for being in at least one dissidia game.

Edit: Tifa has literally just been announced on JP so she'll not come to global at this stage as a BT.

Serah has been massively requested for XIII-2 as the joint protagonist before, people assumed last year she was in line for a BT global first or an early rework given how bad her LD reception was in JP, we did get her rework early but after LD boards were introduced and way after last year's anniversary.

Possible in lines for BT status could also be Vivi, he was supposed to be in NTs season 2 pass line up before the game died

Zenos in FFXIV I have seen a lot of people hope he gets global first status as well as more characters from FF Tactics

I hope we get a new Abyss event, I really like those, and the more restrictive nature of them.

And of course some really nice banners and free multi pulls would be sweet.

I personally would love to see Rikku, Red XIII, Angeal, Larsa, Edea or Minwu show up in terms of global first characters. I also wouldn't be opposed to Quina or Amarant showing up.

Last edited:
Top Bottom