OSHIT...WE MET THEM IN GEORGIA

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
The backstories were known, though. It's common knowledge that Louis worked in IT at his office, but was well prepared for the horde because he spent a lot of time at the gun range; Zoey was a college student that spent her time watching movies instead of making them (there's even some bit about how she'd "studied for the real test after all"); Francis was part of a biker gang and is an ex-con; and Bill is a Vietnam vet.

On the other hand, the backgrounds of the second group are much better known, because there's references to it IN-GAME.

Dana Scully

Special Agent
AKA
YACCBS, Legato Bluesummers, Daenaerys Targaryen, Revy, Kate Beckett, Samantha Carter, Matsumoto Rangiku
How does that make it any less fucked up? The fact that there was no way she could have known, just makes it worse.

What she did know is that
her mother had just been bitten and, moments later, had turned around and bitten her dad. Assuming that her dad would himself turn zombie in a very short amount of time wasn't exactly unreasonable based on her prior experience.

Plus, he did ask her to. It's likely if she hadn't done it he would have just shot himself anyways.

And I know that the general backstories were known, I just mean some of the little details -
Zoey's parents being divorced/having serious issues, Louis being pretty much the only guy at work, Zoey shooting her own family, the survs being quarantined and tested on after being rescued, etc

To be fair, though, some of those examples are pretty standard zombie-story fare. I just think it's neat to see fans and developers thinking along the same lines.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
What she did know is that
her mother had just been bitten and, moments later, had turned around and bitten her dad. Assuming that her dad would himself turn zombie in a very short amount of time wasn't exactly unreasonable based on her prior experience.

Plus, he did ask her to. It's likely if she hadn't done it he would have just shot himself anyways.

And I know that the general backstories were known, I just mean some of the little details -
Zoey's parents being divorced/having serious issues, Louis being pretty much the only guy at work, Zoey shooting her own family, the survs being quarantined and tested on after being rescued, etc

To be fair, though, some of those examples are pretty standard zombie-story fare. I just think it's neat to see fans and developers thinking along the same lines.

I say again, how does that make it any less fucked up?

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
AH...fair enough, then. :oscar:

I'm now somewhat more interested in seeing where the L4D2 gang was. Except Ellis. He was probably drinking a beer while doing something stupid with Keith (who, btw, would make a good choice for a new game, though not nearly as good as the Midnight Riders, who are rumored to be the next set for L4D3).

Dana Scully

Special Agent
AKA
YACCBS, Legato Bluesummers, Daenaerys Targaryen, Revy, Kate Beckett, Samantha Carter, Matsumoto Rangiku
I say again, how does that make it any less fucked up?

Oh, it's definitely fucked up, but I can see why she did it.

The L4D2 characters did absolutely nothing for me. I don't even know why I don't give a shit about them, but I thought the 1st group was just a lot more memorable.

That being said, perhaps some more backstory on the 2nd group would make them more interesting.

Midnight Riders for L4D3 could either be absolutely epic, or get old really fast.

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
I can't imagine being in her position, now: not only learning that you'd been infecting all the other normal / healthy people around you, but that you'd also killed the one person who was close to you that might've still been ok.

X :neo:

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
Most people feel the same way - the second group just wasn't as good as the first.

Although I really liked Nick, but that's because he was the Francis of the group. XD

I will, however, say that the Dark Carnival finale is by far the best in the series. >D

Dana Scully

Special Agent
AKA
500x_thesacrifice.jpg

:awesome:

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
Can't believe it's coming out next week.

I can't win :/

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
Zoey's not rocking the ponytail what is this

at least she and Louis are still next to each other, like always <3

Most people feel the same way - the second group just wasn't as good as the first.

Rochelle's the weakest one and brings down the rest if you are comparing the two groups. She needs a bit more... something to her. Though her frying pan jokes are awesome.

at least she and Louis are still next to each other, like always <3

Ya well it's still before she meets Ellis. XP

Dana Scully

Special Agent
AKA
fuck all of you zoey/francis is the shit

A friend of mine linked me a Zoey/Witch fic once.
It ended in them scissoring.

I still have the scars.

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
No, The Passing had Ellis get a crush on her. The fact is that the first game has them flirting a lot, SO SHUSH YOU ;.; /defensive

Dana Scully

Special Agent
AKA

Dana Scully

Special Agent
AKA
This is why Francis is my fave. <3

Top Bottom