OSHIT...WE MET THEM IN GEORGIA

Dana Scully

Special Agent
AKA
YACCBS, Legato Bluesummers, Daenaerys Targaryen, Revy, Kate Beckett, Samantha Carter, Matsumoto Rangiku
:awesome: Great shippers think alike, I'd say. Even when they sail opposing ships.

Of course, having the three of them sail off into the sunset means that F/Z/L is now canon, so really everyone wins.

Except Balthea.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
I would totally jump on that steam sale if I had ANY money.

Dana Scully

Special Agent
AKA
YACCBS, Legato Bluesummers, Daenaerys Targaryen, Revy, Kate Beckett, Samantha Carter, Matsumoto Rangiku
So finally played the new map this morning (the L4D1 version). I'll stick this in spoilers just in case anyone wants to be surprised the first time they play it.

Hardest.

Finale.

Ever.

While the finale is certainly doable in campaign, in versus you have three player controlled tanks all spawned at the same time and it makes that final suicide run to the generator stupid hard. I have yet to see anyone complete it successfully.

Other than that, lots of great places for high damage hunter pounces. I haven't seen/can't think of any places for death pulls, but there are a few spots where you can pull someone for a hanging incap.

I like the bit with the tank in the train car and you have to open the door to let him out, and the horde spawn on the gravel pit is one of the harder horde fights in the first game, just 'cause you can't run (literally, you only move at crouch/walk speed) and it's so open.

The map is only 3 parts long, but the first 2 are fairly long.

And Bill has some new lines, which was a pleasant surprise as I was under the impression Bill's VA was busy doing other stuff and wouldn't be available to do any more lines.

Tomorrow I think I'll try out the L4D2 version.

the finale isnt as hard as it seems. just leave someone down there and you can get it done pretty fast. the first time you play if you dont know though, yeah, it'll rape ya good.

Dana Scully

Special Agent
AKA
the finale isnt as hard as it seems. just leave someone down there and you can get it done pretty fast. the first time you play if you dont know though, yeah, it'll rape ya good.

I didn't even realize you could raise the bridge without having everyone on it, good stuff.

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
It doesn't in the first one, at least. Then again, it could be because I tried that on single player to leave one of the bots behind. :P

Did it on the second. And tried it more than once. Message comes up about it saying you can't yet.

UPDATE RESETS YOUR ZOMBIE GENOCIDEST WTF IM SO MAD! One of the reasons I got it for both games rather than just the second is because I thought playing it a lot would help me get closer to that. Only had 10k more to go I think.

Also resets other achievements apparently from the rage I'm seeing looking up info. So that includes things like What Are You Trying To Prove?. This sucks.

Last edited:

Dana Scully

Special Agent
AKA
This isn't the first time a L4D update has reset the achievements. I've had it happen to me before, and a few days later all my achievement were restored again. This has also happened to several people I play with on a regular basis.

So I'd wait a bit before spending lots of effort raging.

Edit to add that ^ is in regards to Steam. If you're on M$, then I have no idea if you'll get them back. :/ I hope you do.

Last edited:

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
I haven't looked, but I'm about to.

And I think I'm going to rage because I was at 45k.

Dana Scully

Special Agent
AKA
D:

clearly this is a sign you should buy it for PC >.>

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
Also it turns out that some of the achievements for L4D1 are glitched and can't be gotten.

AGAIN.

Ya, read that too. Have to do that host trick or whatever.

Knowing Valve, I'm not holding my breathe for them to fix the achievement. If they do, that's great, but after 3 poor DLCs my love for L4D can only hold for so long.

Dana Scully

Special Agent
AKA
So with the release of L4D for Mac, Valve has also released a patch that implements the following:

• In Versus mode Tanks will spawn in stasis until a human player takes over. Tanks in stasis are invisible and invulnerable, and won't move or attack
  • Tank speed is no longer reduced when on fire
  • Allow players on the Infected team to manually spawn during finales
  • Added a vote option toggle All-Talk
  • Any Special Infected that causes a Survivor to stumble into a "ledge hang" situation will receive 50 points
  • Bullets that first pass through an infected character before striking a Survivor are now ignored as friendly fire
  • In Versus mode car alarms will now trigger anytime a Special Infected pulls or stumbles a Survivor into an alarm car
  • Protected console commands that can be used to lag or crash servers

sauce

All I can say re: tank spawn/SI spawn in finale is it's about fucking time. I also quite like the bit about the alarmed cars going off more easily too.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

S0205main.png

S0203main.png

l4d2_boomer_plush.png

http://store.valvesoftware.com/index.php?t=2

WITH SOUNDS OMG I CAN'T WAIT UNTIL THERE'S A WITCH I NEED THEM AAAAAAAAAAALL!

Top Bottom