Overwatch

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
I'm watching this now! I can't wait to see how they wrap it up.

Also, I'm gonna have it for PS4, because I lack a PC upon which to play games.

X :neo:

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
I haven't actually watched much of the trailers or whatever, I'll just wait until it's out :monster:. I was moderately excited about Heroes of the Storm, but I haven't heard anything from that one since release. Did play it for a bit, but moba's just aren't for me I think.

I should've taken a look at the Doom beta. Maybe look at Unreal Tournament again, too. But I'd really like Titanfall 2, I really digged the first one. Not as much as Battlefield, but hey.

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
^ You two really need to stop having similar avatars/usertitles and shit. At first glance I thought X was having a discussion with himself. :monster:

Out of interest, who will be playing this on PC? It'll be nice to have a few people to play with while I climb the ranked leaderboards struggle to get any kills.

Geostigma

Pro Adventurer
AKA
gabe
I'll be playing on PC. I might might get it on PS4 if tons of TLS or irl friends get it there but will for sure own it on PC.

Generally when it comes to multiplayer games that are on PC and Console I'll generally pick it up on PC just so I won't have to buy PS+ lol. Or if it the PC community is dead (coughblackops3cough). Though I don't think Overwatch will have the latter issue.

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
So I've been playing the early access open beta. Wow this game is tremendous fun. Like, I don't even know. I have played a fraction of the heroes and already there's so much to learn. Also I can't speak for when the game launches, but right now there's zero toxicity in the playerbase. I wanna say it's because of how much fun everyone is having. :monster:

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
I got my Beta key from Amazon today, so I'm downloading it. Hopefully my partner & I get a good chunk of time ta play it and get a feel for the characters we're good at.

Wishing SO much that I could split-screen this game, but I'll be happy to watch her play rather than join in with her for now.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Welp :monster:

I've played this gaem today, it seems I'm not half-bad at it. Most successful with that ^ character and the dude that builds turrets. For some reason a lot of players ignore the turret, even when it's killing a dozen dudes in a row :monster:

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
I don't know how I'm going to last the time between the end of beta and the game's release. Seriously, I've played so much of this already. There's so much I find gratifying about playing this game, regardless of whether I'm winning or losing. :awesome:

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
I'm not getting that as much myself; sure, it's an entertaining game and I can see how the meta can get huge with the variation in heroes and their abilities and shit, but, I'd like moar rewards and shit to keep me going.

Rewards that worked for me were the ones in Battlefield 3, where you frequently unlocked a new gun or gun modification that added win to the game. I don't think the visual rewards are doing it for me, maybe also because they're limited to icons and sprays (what is the spray button anyway and can I add my own, i.e. a cookie monster, like I could in CS). Needs moar uniqueness.

Which I'm kinda sure will happen eventually, they can't ignore how much money Valve is hauling in by selling e-hats and gun skins. Although with the latter, that's also in part due to them being used for gambling, which may come and bite them in the ass if the loophole is poked through.

I also dig how a nontrivial amount of weapons seems to have been inspired by Unreal Tournament, :awesome:

also play of the game. Again. sigh :monster:

Welp :monster:

I've played this gaem today, it seems I'm not half-bad at it. Most successful with that ^ character and the dude that builds turrets. For some reason a lot of players ignore the turret, even when it's killing a dozen dudes in a row :monster:
Same thing happened when TF2 came around, people figured it out after a week or 2

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
Played some today between normal quick play and vs. medium AI matches to get the feel of things, because I am determined to learn Zenyatta. It went well, ended at lv10 with a coordinated unit just wrecking everything, and feel like I can be effective with him, even though I'm apparently allergic to Zarya. xD

Also, who else is Overwatch on PS4 (if anyone)?

Top Bottom