Parasite Eve: The 3rd Birthday

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
Because Yoko Shimomura is an awesome composer? :monster:

Also, X is right. They did say that her consciousness takes over other people but the player always sees Aya as, well, Aya. But she's really somewhere else, in some HQ or something.
Also, taking hits damages your clothes. Which is also just a visual representation and not "really" happening apparently. Oh, and fanservice.

And her consciousness during the mind transfer is nude.

The-3rd-Birthday-Screenshot-05.jpg

The-3rd-Birthday-Screenshot-07.jpg

Ah okay. Thanks for the clarification.

Well that sounds really cool. I wish they could've depicted that a bit better though but oh well. I like the fact damage noticeably effects your armor and clothing. That's pretty cool. Levels of detail like that really helps make the game unique and immersive.

And I have no problems at all with a nude Aya. :monster:

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
I think that some of that is talked about in one of the links in my thread REZ post on page 1. Also - Where'd ya get the pics from Tets? Does want link nao.

EDIT: FOUND THEM. NEVERMIND. Also - Google Translate'd. So it's not a different continuity from PE & PE 2, because she still has her Mitochondrial abilities, but it probably won't address the history of the old games very extensively in T3B, as it's rather far seperated from the events in those games, and they want the title to stand on its own.

In depth Gameplay & screenshots
http://translate.google.com/transla...kernpunkte-in-the-3rd-birthday/&sl=auto&tl=en

Magazine scans & information about the game's musical score.
http://translate.google.com/transla.../06/ayas-persoenlichkeit-in-the-3rd-birthday/

X :neo:

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
Yeah, I just might keep her at low health just for the...challenge. :awesome:

ROTFLMAO, I just noticed...the status bar on the right hand bottom corner.

Is that the name of the person she's controlling? She's controlling some guy named Robert Black?

....So really, right there in that fight, its a man named Robert Black fighting for his life with his clothes torn off?

...I feel weird now.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
....So really, right there in that fight, its a man named Robert Black fighting for his life with his clothes torn off?

...I feel weird now.

Well, apparently the clothes being torn off are just a "visual representation" as well. It's not actually happening to the guy. :wacky:

X-SOLDIER said:
It looks like it's maybe a different continuity from PE & PE 2?

According to the article, they wanted to keep the world and feel of Parasite Eve but make it somewhat independent and original. It shouldn't be seen as Parasite Eve 3, according to them.
So it's not really an alternate continuity, it's just doesn't seem to be a direct sequel and more of a beginning for a new series.

Last edited:

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
Well I'm glad its not an AU. But I'm also happy that they're going for a new beginning.

So are we basically just playing with a bunch of puppets in this game? Are we ever going to be playing as the real Aya?

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
Well, apparently the clothes being torn off are just a "visual representation" as well. It's not actually happening to the guy. :wacky:

According to the article, they wanted to keep the world and feel of Parasite Eve but make it somewhat independent and original. It shouldn't be seen as Parasite Eve 3, according to them.
So it's not really an alternate continuity, it's just doesn't seem to be a direct sequel and more of a beginning for a new series.

So really you're just letting this poor dude get shot multiple times so that you can see a visual representation of the girl controlling his body get (almost) naked.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
Well I'm glad its not an AU. But I'm also happy that they're going for a new beginning.

So are we basically just playing with a bunch of puppets in this game? Are we ever going to be playing as the real Aya?

They talk about her Parasite Energy Powers also coming into play in the first article. Ones called Radio & Liberation, so I assume that the fine woman herself will in fact be involved in direct combat at times.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
They talk about her Parasite Energy Powers also coming into play in the first article. Ones called Radio & Liberation, so I assume that the fine woman herself will in fact be involved in direct combat at times.

They say she has a new ability which might be similar to her Parasite Energy.
Radio and Liberation are two systems that will also come into play besides the Overdive system (for mind transferring).

It also says Aya herself can be equipped although it'll be more limited than the NPC equipment.
So this does seem to imply she can also be controlled directly.

looneymoon

they/them
AKA
Rishi
Holy shit. Holy shit. I think I just peed a little.

Kinda a bummer it's for the PSP. It'd be nice if it was for a console :( Then again, better than cell phone :\

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
If it does well, they'd like to move onto the PS3 with it.

Doesn't stop this one from being on the PSP, but still :monster:

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
Everyone BAWWs about Scott Pilgrim NOT being on PSP, and now you're sad that This Game isn't on PS3....

I DON'T FUCKING UNDERSTAND ANYONE!!!!!!1

Agreed that it's still better than a J-only Cell phone game (I'm looking at you Before Crisis).

Anyways: Crisis Core was great on the PSP, and I expect this to be great as well. I really want to know what the fuck is up with the time-altering abilities of the Twisted though. What the fuck is that?

Also - they'd better start releasing PE on PSOne Classics.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
I'd like to point out the thread title still says Paratite instead of Parasite. :monster:

And yes, PE on PSN please. Still have never played the first one. =/

Althea

Pro Adventurer
AKA
myfinalheaven
Anyways: Crisis Core was great on the PSP, and I expect this to be great as well. I really want to know what the fuck is up with the time-altering abilities of the Twisted though. What the fuck is that?

Couldn't agree more!!! Game looks great, regardless of the platform!! Looking forward to playing this!

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
FUCK SQUARE ENIX

Yes.

Fuck them for wanting to put good games on their mobile platform. They should only release shitty games on the PSP, so that no one will be interested in it. God only knows that Crisis Core only being released on PSP made if a colossal failure.

...Oh wait - if they released it on PS3, it would take them 5 more years, and a staff of 3,000,000... :monster:

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
I don't mind the PSP really, it just seems that everyone is putting everything on there.

Which sucks.

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
Jesse McCree. I feel like a New Man
Why can't they give Paraside Eve the good reception it actually fucking deserves and make it a PS3 game? I care not for their excuses, if they want to uppen up the competition, fucking make your games consoles and not hand helds you tards.

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
I never see this sort of complaint for DS-exclusives for some reason.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
I never see this sort of complaint for DS-exclusives for some reason.

Probably because for the most part Wii games are Wii games, and DS games are DS games.

PS3/PSP tends to float a lot of titles between the two without any clear reason as to which ones go where or why. It's the tough part about having 2 fairly capable (and thereby costly) systems so closely integrated.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
http://kotaku.com/5637237/ayas-jeans-blown-right-off

I rather hope that the almost nudity that's rather pervasive in the game and the MASSIVE focus on it doesn't detract from the game itself. Don't get me wrong, there's nothing wrong with showing off Aya as being attractive, but I hope that they don't go so over the top with it that it feels like the game's selling point...

Top Bottom