PlayStation 4

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
I don't believe anyone has mentioned this yet: the PS4 will be region-free.

It probably goes without saying that the Xbox One will be region-locked.

98% of gamers will probably never notice whether their console is region-free or -locked, but, once again, Sony has shown that they care about that hardcore 2% by taking them into consideration. Good move.
whoever signed off on this decision

they have take me if they want no questions asked

my body is ready

(the only problems i had with the ps3's region locking was: the japanese demo of uncharted didn't work on my pal console, and i couldn't play the bluray of silent hill from japan [which is a bd issue and region locks apply to all video content])

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
It looks like the UI is built to have an easily unified design across tablet and phone interfaces. I can dig that.

Also this
f29.gif

X :neo:

Geostigma

Pro Adventurer
AKA
gabe
qlOVRBf.png

So it's going to be like the xbox system where you need to pay to play multiplayer? Am I reading that wrong?

Yeah they slipped that in.

But none the less PS+ is possibly the most worth while subscription one could invest in when it comes to gaming.
All of the free games for such a low price, cloud saves and junk :monster:

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
I think it's how they're gonna end up supporting their Gaikai streaming service and make their online-multiplayer experience more robust. From a business standpoint it makes sense. I'm just curious how cross-play games will work (are they considered Vita or PS4 for the purposes of online). I'm glad that PS3 & Vita are staying as-is, and it's still a better deal than Xbox Live Gold.

A little unfortunate, but understandable and far from bad, imo.

(Just think of it as an investment for games that you'd like to play for free at some point).

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
if i don't care about multiplayer does that mean i can skip on the subscription?

i would still like it for all the free games you can get anyway

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
if i don't care about multiplayer does that mean i can skip on the subscription?

i would still like it for all the free games you can get anyway

Yes you can (I've got PS+ and IDGAF about multiplayer games for the most part, but I love it for the free shit, so I'd be keeping it either way).

Lex

Administrator
I still really like the look of the console. And if the box art for the games is really going to be like the Vita ones:

PS4_box.jpg

8621785150_4e1585cf31.jpg

Then oooooo pretty.

Lex

Administrator
That's certainly an interesting statement. I'm glad they've decided to do that, I didn't see that coming.

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
Dammit X I came in here specifically to post that video, to hell with you sneaky ninja. :monster:

Top Bottom