Holy, Personified
AKA
Katie; Seta.
PS4 headset:

945588_10151720403781803_151201669_n.jpg

I am very pleased!!!

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
That headset connecting to the controller is awesome.

However, I'm very odd in that I can't stand having sound in just one ear like that. Like, when I'm listening to my iPod, it's either both earbuds in or both out. It throws me off and I feel unbalanced, and even sometimes gives me an ear ache, if I listen in only one ear.

I KNOW I'M A FREAK :sadpanda:

Geostigma

Pro Adventurer
AKA
gabe
I too am a freak lol.

Im more into head phones that cover my entire ear, i cant do ear buds :<
I hope Astros or TB's will be made to plug right into the controller it would be really neat.

tumblr_mo9ve84WOj1qijc81o6_400.gif

Last edited:

Alex Strife

Ex-SOLDIER
I did ask about multiplayer needing to pay for it, during the conference. I suspected something by one of the information panels they were showing.

How much is PS+ supposed to be, monthly, on PS4, anyway?

Geostigma

Pro Adventurer
AKA
gabe
IIRC they mentioned the price was not changing, if so it should be something like 4.99$ per month.

Pretty cheap all around and generally pays itself off in the first month when you instantly get free games lol.

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
I frequently use only one earphone while doing something like playing a game if I want to listen to music but also listen to the game, never really been an issue for me.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
You must not like phones then. :monster:

Sound in only one ear bothers me too, but that's for music.
It should be fine for voices only imo.

No, phones are usually fine for the most part. However, I do like to use the speaker phone when I'm in quiet places, and I do frequently switch my phone back and forth between ears for longer calls. It's just more comfortable that way.

I think with earbuds, it's because it is louder and is actually inside my hear that makes it bother me.

Lex

Administrator
I'm pretty sure we'll be able to plug any set of headphones into the jack so it shouldn't be a problem. I'm glad they're including a headphone jack this time, my TV doesn't have one (my other one does but the sound that comes out of it is terriburu) so I bought turtle beach's that use the Optical sound cable from the back of the PS3 to a station that transmits to the wireless PX5's or any other set of headphones I plug into it.

This is the last day of E3 :(

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
Yeah, you can plug in stereo headphones if you like. The mono headset is just the one that comes with the console.

OneWingedDemon

NOT AMUSED
Yeah, you gaiz are freaks.
That having been said, I'm so totally fine with $4.99 - that's like2.5 Tim Hortons coffees a month. Come the fuck on!

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
Does Tim's still make you pay with cash? Hated that shit when I was in Canada.

Also, yes, $4.99 is not bad at all. One can easily part with that.

Alex Strife

Ex-SOLDIER
When your monthly income is way smaller than it should be and you're already using more money than you should in trying to build your own career, it can be a key amount.

But I guess it's still doable. :) Or so I hope.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
Well, yes, I have been there myself. Generally, though, as long as you aren't behind on monthly bills, $5 a month isn't too extravegant a luxury.

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X

This is great coverage of a competitive shooter game for PS4. I know that there're probably some folks who're interested in that, but most of all, I think that current gen 360 gamers and PC gamers will be really pleased about what Jared says when he talks about the PS4 controller from 11:00 - 12:25.

First of all, it's nice to see a developer talk about the controller rather than a game site reviewer, because he focuses a lot on usability and how they can bring in functionality in games with it, and secondly you can tell that he REALLY loved the 360 controller over the PS3 controller, and that the DualShock4 is a really big improvement for him that will hopefully be felt by the other 360 players out there who'll be moving to a PS4 with the new generation.

X :neo:

Top Bottom