PlayStation 4

Geostigma

Pro Adventurer
AKA
gabe
Considering the definition for obtuse and you calling me obtuse I would take it as an insult.

Though considering its a post coming from you maybe I shouldnt take it seriously, lest there be a shitty blog written about this situation.

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X

This video is long, but it's worth your time. It contains absolutely everything that I think you need to see and know to really understand WHY PS4 is gonna dominate this upcoming generation.

X :neo:

Novus

Pro Adventurer
Hopefully the PSN downloads will be upgraded in some way. I don't mind downloading them again, I own the download and I delete old games all the time anyway to save space.
Having to purchase the same games yet again would be appalling though and a terrible way to treat its customers. Imagine having to buy new songs on itunes everytime a new Ipod was released. I've bought a fair lot, but I imagine more serious gamers have purchased hundreds of games on it. This whole cloud purchasing revolution won't take off if they don't continually inspire consumer confidence with it.
Note: I don't own itunes or an ipod but it's a good assumption that doesn't happen.

Lex

Administrator
Damn I don't have the time to listen to that right now but I will MAKE time over the coming days :monster:

EDIT: I lied, I'm fore-going sleep to watch it, he just mentioned VII and I'm hooked.

EDIT2: 14 minutes in and I'm discovering that this man is almost single handedly responsible and/or has worked on the games that shaped my entire childhood.

Last edited:

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
Damn I don't have the time to listen to that right now but I will MAKE time over the coming days :monster:

EDIT: I lied, I'm fore-going sleep to watch it, he just mentioned VII and I'm hooked.

EDIT2: 14 minutes in and I'm discovering that this man is almost single handedly responsible and/or has worked on the games that shaped my entire childhood.

<3 you, Lex. Especially all your edits. I'm looking forward to hearing about what you thoughts are after having finished the whole thing.

X :neo:

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
Finally was able to properly watch that entire video. That was actually really interesting. The PS3 really was kind of a mess at launch but it sounds like Sony really took that to heart and was determined to learn from the experience.

Almost makes me want to get a PS4 at launch now. Almost.

Lex

Administrator
I love that he was on about how they were too cocky about cell and literally just says "this was clearly a terrible and wrong attitude". I have a lot of respect for this guy.

I'm going to have to re-watch the last 10 or so minutes later because I kind of fell asleep while listening to it last night, but yeah I really believe they're getting it right with the PS4 from that.

Lex

Administrator
This is a month old and has probably been posted elsewhere but I think it's kinda nifty

Also this for good measure. It's from the February announcement intro but it makes me all tingly every time I watch it :D

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Never saw that announcement video before, actually that was pretty cool. Cheesy and all, but spotting all the games in there was fun :)

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
Amizon, Commander Shepard, Ellie, Rinoa Heartilly, Xena, Clara Oswald, Gamora, Lana Kane, Tifa Lockhart, Jodie Holmes, Chloe Price.
Please don't tell me that some of these are the prices for games. £54.99? £59.99? I sincerely hope those are for the standard games with a few extras because I thought they'd be relatively the same as PS3 games.

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
Amazon lists the PS4 games just a few cents higher than the same game for the PS3.

Lex

Administrator
They've been £54.99 on Amazon and Game in the UK since E3 so I don't know why this is news to anyone.

Also just realised the guy in the "Greatness Awaits" thing is Oliver from The OC. He was so evil in that :D

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
Damn. I went to GameStop last week and found out I can still pre order it there but I need 100$ to do so. Time to save up the money.

Lex

Administrator
Well we have a launch date of 15th November for US and 29th November for Europe.

Also Twitch will be supported on PS4, hooray!

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
Amizon, Commander Shepard, Ellie, Rinoa Heartilly, Xena, Clara Oswald, Gamora, Lana Kane, Tifa Lockhart, Jodie Holmes, Chloe Price.
For a company boasting how much they love European gamers, this feels like a kick in the teeth.

Lex

Administrator
Yeah they did go on a bit about how Europe is their biggest market share, but I'm willing to bet that's because it's more expensive to buy their shit here than it is anywhere else :desu:

EDIT: They also directly targeted Microsoft at the end, I'll need to grab the quote and put it here because I was howling.

EDIT2: "Above all this is the year where we take a leap forward with the launch of PS4. Our goals are clear, ambitious and unwavering. We've set out to build the most powerful platform for developers with a deeply held consistent focus on you, the gamer. We sought out developers from across the world to build the games that they're inspired to create, to answer their needs and bring new experiences to the world's gamers. [some stuff about building companion apps across multiple platforms]. And while others have shifted their message and changed their story, we were consistent in maintaining policies and a model that is fair and in tune with consumer desires."

In text it doesn't seem too "bad" but the way he said it was loaded :D.

Last edited:

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
For a company boasting how much they love European gamers, this feels like a kick in the teeth.

Mentioned this on skype but I'm gonna post it here again:

This is pretty much the shortest waiting time for Europeans for a Sony console ever.

I actually can't think of a console that had a simultaneous worldwide release, there is at best only a few weeks in between release dates, at worst a couple of months (or if we go back into the 16 bit age and beyond, even years).

The Japanese don't even *have* a release date yet. :awesome:

Top Bottom