PlayStation 4

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
So, a dude I work with is dropping about $1,600 to get both new systems and three games for each. Holy fuck.

Anybody else think he's nuts? I mean, he doesn't have a whole lot of expenses, is single and makes almost $15/hour, but still.

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
So, a dude I work with is dropping about $1,600 to get both new systems and three games for each. Holy fuck.

Anybody else think he's nuts? I mean, he doesn't have a whole lot of expenses, is single and makes almost $15/hour, but still.

What, does he use that one wierd tip?

:awesome:

But yeah, personally don't see any justification to shell out that much on launch, especially on systems that are virtually incomplete =/

Lex

Administrator
If he's got the cash to spare and he wants them, why not? Sounds like something I would do tbh. There was a time when I spent every extra penny on random PS3 games and peripherals. Resulting in a massive collection of stuff that I've used only once or twice :D

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
If he's got the money, time, arsedness etc, then I don't see why not, :monster:. People have shelled out that much (and more!) on a new PC, and (at least back then) not even for a top-of-the-line gaming beast.

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
If he's got the cash to spare and he wants them, why not? Sounds like something I would do tbh. There was a time when I spent every extra penny on random PS3 games and peripherals. Resulting in a massive collection of stuff that I've used only once or twice :D

I guess I prefer to be a little more fiscally responsible/bang-for-my-buck sort of thing?

I wish I had his sort of money lol

Lex

Administrator
As a student who doesn't have the time for a part time job right now, I completely understand that point of view :monster:

However, when I started Uni I also worked full time on top of it (and the wage wasn't terrible, I was working for a mobile phone company) so I went through a phase of buying now seemingly extravagant collector's editions. I like dem shiny things.

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
I just realized that my previous post was damn-near incoherent.

The PS4 Controller:

Good god damn, they're comfortable. I thought they felt the same, until I picked up my PS3 controller right afterwards, and they're a damn sight better to hold. The analog sticks have really nice action, and the grip on them is fucking fantastic. The buttons also feel a lot more well-set and less like they'll die out from wear and tear. The gradual concave curve of the new R1/R2, L1/L2 buttons & triggers is magnificent. I can't wait to see how the actual new features hold up.

EDIT: This guy's video covers pretty much everything with visuals as well.

X :neo:

Carlos

I care not
AKA
That brown guy
I have to wait till after work tomorrow to pick mine up. I will post pics though :D

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
Sony Store called me to ask if I wanted to pick up mine at midnight but since I have no games for it there's really no point.

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
So Uncharted 4:

I think most of us knew this was inevitable, I'm really happy that I'm gonna have the chance to play an Uncharted game on the PS4 but I do hope that it is their final game in the franchise. Give the characters and the story a big send off especially with more Chloe, I need more Chloe, I really need that ass. :awesome:

AvecAloes

Donator
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!

I was kind of assuming that they were going to do a sequel to The Last of Us before going back to Uncharted, but I'd much rather have another Uncharted, so yay!

EDIT: Just a bit of info

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
Naughty Dog announcing TLOU sequel with Ellie as the protagonist would make me very happy.

It makes more sense that they're first game for the PS4 is Uncharted since it was their flagship series for the PS3.

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
One part of that video stood out like a sore thumb for me: they show two people sitting on a sofa, but only one has a controller in their hands. BF4 (I think that's what the guy is playing) has no local multiplayer. It seems like hardly any games will have local multiplayer in the new generation. That's such a shame, because local multiplayer is just about the most fun I've had playing games. I was already put off buying SSX for the PS3 because of its absence.

Top Bottom