PlayStation 4

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
Amizon, Commander Shepard, Ellie, Rinoa Heartilly, Xena, Clara Oswald, Gamora, Lana Kane, Tifa Lockhart, Jodie Holmes, Chloe Price.
And as I said on Skype, this is the first PS console I'm getting on launch. :monster:

But I'm impressed by the conference overall. Yeah, I have to admit I'm a little surprised the Japanese haven't even got a release date just yet.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
I'm certain I'll get it, but I have no current plans to do so. It'll probably be when XV comes out.

As for Japan, it seems to be because console sales are so lackluster anymore there. It's all about handheld stuff, which is to say, the ds.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
I don't actually know if I'll get it. Maybe eventually, when I get feelings of missing out on things others are involved in. But then, I'm doing that with the PS3 atm, and the PS2 before that, getting it and the games for it way after they're cool.

Dee

sweet dee
AKA
Bun, Academic
I was so incredibly excited when they announced the launch date. It's two days after my birthday and I'm going to be asking for it as a present. Here's hoping?

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
I really want this game in my life.

tumblr_mrut5pX7yR1rp5oiro3_250.gif
tumblr_mrut5pX7yR1rp5oiro1_250.gif

tumblr_mrut5pX7yR1rp5oiro4_250.gif
tumblr_mrut5pX7yR1rp5oiro2_250.gif

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
Just wonder how they're gonna get around the touchscreen features, seeing as this thing comes with a PS3 controller. And even a DS4 would lack the rear touchpanel. So far it seems there is only a limited amount of compatible games.

Also, have another pic:

sey0Iyl.jpg

Last edited:

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
lawl :monster:

More importantly, the PS4 will have a regular 2.5 inch laptop hard drive, which means you should be able to replace it yourself. Probably with an SSD, too, for great performance justice, :monster:. Especially if / when those become a bit cheaper in the future.

Lex

Administrator

I posted this elsewhere, but it's appropriate for this thread. Stole from X's Tumblr repost :D

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
Yeah the full FAQ seems to show that there's some buttfuckery what with some functionality from the current-gen just not there at all at PS4 launch. Yoshida says on Twitter that they're "looking into it".

Granted, both the 360 and PS3 were pretty much pale imitations of what they are now, so it'll probably turn out the same way on launch for both consoles - really bare-bones functionality which gets ironed out with firmware as the months become years~

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Who uses their gaming console to listen to MP3s anyway, :wacky:. It's a relatively small bit of firmware, which can probably take advantage of existing MP3 playback libraries (used for videos as well), but still takes some time. It can be added later on via a simple update.

What's more interesting is that apparently it doesn't support DNLA either - which is what I use atm (I think) to stream media onto the PS3.

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
Picked up my controller today. They're similar but a little new feeling. I really like the feel of it so far.

X :neo:

Top Bottom