PlayStation 4

Lex

Administrator
Gematsu list all nods to Crash Bandicoot

A NECA toys dude said in a video "and with Sony bringing back Crash Bandicoot..." when discussing a video games toy line, which may have accidentally confirmed the revival. Still nothing solid, I'm not completely convinced but I'm starting to hope. Even a remaster of the first three games would set my hype meter on high, they're still so fucking enjoyable to this very day.

Speaking to Pixel Dan, Falk said, “On the modern gaming front, we’re going strong. We’ve got a lot of cool stuff going on with Sony. So we have Ultimate Kratos from God of War III that’s about to hit retail. We have Uncharted 4 Nathan Drake, which comes out in May. And then LittleBigPlanet is doing really well, so we have some more of those here on display, too.”

After Dan compliments the Kratos figure, Falk continues: “Yeah, that’s one we wanted to do way back when, and finally, we’ve been able to get back in with Sony and get some of that stuff out. And looking at some of their other titles, I see they’re bringing Crash Bandicoot back, which is really cool. There’s some great stuff there.”

Also for the record, the dude on NeoGAF who said FFVII Remake was in development a year before the announcement (and has also predicted other things) said that Crash was coming to PS4 and that it'll be announced at E3 this year.

Last edited:

Abortedj

The Crawling Chaos
AKA
Abortedj, The Offender, Abortedjesus, Testicules,
Getting more an more annoyed that I can't move things around on the PS4 front end. I want most of the items to just go away.

Lex

Administrator
Guys, Uncharted 4 multiplayer is free to play to everyone this weekend (you don't even need PS+!). You can even pre-load the client now for use this weekend. See here.

Gonna copypasta to the UC4 thrad

Abortedj

The Crawling Chaos
AKA
Played through AC:Unity on PS4. Hit and miss, was what it was.

Now I am playing AC4:Black Flag. This (earlier) game is better in literally every way.

I know this is not the doing of Sony or the PS4. I just don't get how a later game can be so lacking. The graphics look better in 4, the voice acting is MUCH better, the controls are better. It is just over all a much better experience. What the fuck happened?

ForceStealer

Double Growth
I wanna know why, after sticking so close to making everyone sound Italian in the Ezio trilogy (which I know isn't technically any more "realistic" but it helped with the atmosphere nonetheless) only to make the one in France and everyone just sounds British.

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
Amizon, Commander Shepard, Ellie, Rinoa Heartilly, Xena, Clara Oswald, Gamora, Lana Kane, Tifa Lockhart, Jodie Holmes, Chloe Price.
^ That also bothered me. It was like Ubisoft couldn't be arsed with the accents and thought they'd try to get away with it. Unfortunately, the criticism didn't come really well for them and that's not just the accents either. :monster:

Abortedj

The Crawling Chaos
AKA
^ That also bothered me. It was like Ubisoft couldn't be arsed with the accents and thought they'd try to get away with it. Unfortunately, the criticism didn't come really well for them and that's not just the accents either. :monster:

Yeah, the accents one of many problems. I think to an extent Unity was a victim of past success. As if Unity wasn't part of the AC series it might of been judged less harshly.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
I for one would prefer if they just hired local voice actors and subtitled it for everyone else. I know the AC games are subtitled into a few dozen languages anyway, so why not just make that the default?

Fuck 'Murcans that go "HURR DURR CAN'T READ WHAT ARE THESE FOR'NERS DOING IN MAH GAME", :monster:

Abortedj

The Crawling Chaos
AKA
I would great prefer the games to be in there native languages would logically be. I know that will never happen, but it is how I would like it. Admittedly that would have been very difficult to do in the original AC, but that is also by far the weakest game in the (main) series.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
I've wanted to play AC2 in Italian, which you can, the options on the disk, but then the present day stuff would be Italian too. That stuff should be in English :P

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
Amizon, Commander Shepard, Ellie, Rinoa Heartilly, Xena, Clara Oswald, Gamora, Lana Kane, Tifa Lockhart, Jodie Holmes, Chloe Price.
I've wanted to play AC2 in Italian, which you can, the options on the disk, but then the present day stuff would be Italian too. That stuff should be in English :P
Thinking back now, it would've been nice to have a patch or an option that allows you to view the past in Italian and keep the present in English. That would've made for interesting viewing. :awesome:

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
That would almost imply they'd make a game with accurate voice acting, :monster:

SHOCK HORROR

(no but srsly they should / could just do that, it is known the game is localized into half a dozen languages anyway)

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
Anyone else enjoy taking screenshots on PS4? I've been messing around with the photo mode in inFamous Second Son a lot and might post some of them. Not sure whether to make a separate PS4 screenshot thread though. =P

Lex

Administrator
I have a shitload, I've just never really shared them? Odd tbh. Think you'd be fine to post them here though, it's not like this thread is super active.

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
Seconded. Might post some that I capture in future in that case. :awesome:

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
i took a few from alien isolation and also newspapers and stuff like newspapers in the order because i wanted to read them later

also i switched games to another language and screenshot a lot of those to try to learn from them :sadpanda:

Abortedj

The Crawling Chaos
AKA
VR finally becoming a thing. Only been hearing about it since the early 90's, so about time.

Wondering if this will actually be good for gaming, or just be a novelty. As it has potential to be either, depending how it is handled.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
I played on a vr machine at an arcade before, but it was the 90s and everything looked like lawnmower man. Obviously things look a lot better now. I'm not sure if I'm convinced enough to spend as much as a new console on a headset, though I haven't really kept a very close eye on it or what it can do (does it have other uses beyond games? Can it only be used with specially made or adapted games? Will you require anything besides the headset and ps4 to use it?)

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
I'm intrigued and excited. Seeing the difference in people's reactions between the Oculus Rift and the Vive have been pretty astounding. I'm curious what all they'll manage to pull off with it. It's gonna be an exciting year for VR.

X :neo:

Kuja9001

Ooooh Salty!
AKA
roxas9001, Krat0s9001, DarkSlayerZero
My clan member got put on the table by a terrorist in Rainbow Six

12801651_10156653000650646_7173030691964869752_n.jpg

Geostigma

Pro Adventurer
AKA
gabe
Bear in mind the PS Camera is required for the vR and in the fine print its noted that it's sold separately. So if you can't manage to pick one up at discount you can tack on an additional 60$ to the price tag of the PSVR.

As far as applications to gaming I think you can rule out FPS games entirely. In Occulus basically everyone who has tried to make it work and has played basically says that it almost instantly makes you extremely motion sick and will make you puke rather fast.

I think Horror games are perfect for this something like P.T. in VR would be terrifyingly amazing. Angry Joe last year made a video explaining a horror game he played on one of the PSVR units and he was very very enthusiastic about it.

Skip to about 7:30 its totally worth

As for other applications for it. I think skies the limit.

This is a video for the HTC Vive and not the PSVR but I think it's great and just shows how cool these can be with a little bit of creativity.

Watch it all for some Final Fantasy art :monster:

Top Bottom