Playstation 5

Theozilla

Kaiju Member
Project Athia's proper title has been revealed to be Forspoken (that trademark people thought was originally going be the FFXIV 6.0 expansion name). Since the FFXV team is working on it and its not a SE Europe division title, I wonder how much "success" the SE execs are hoping for on this title? Also its release year is currently planned for 2022. I would think even with the FFXV team working on it, it's probably going to be a smaller game than FFXVI, so I guess that would indicate its coming out before FFXVI?

If so, I suppose that's evidence for FFXVI releasing in the latter half of 2022, if it is coming out in 2022.

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
What a coincidence, I did too :monster:

Hey....That means you were probably fucking up my attempts to add it to the cart! :catfight:
I believe, sir, that YOU were messing up MY attempts. How dare you!?

Really though, I think their were thousands of people trying lol, good job on getting it through!

It was a multi-phase process for me. I had the listing open on my computer and phone simultaneously, and after failing the third time I realized that the "add to cart" option didn't go away on the app even after it went out of stock, so I just started mashing it again a minute before the listing went back up and got it in my cart like that. It sold out again before I could check out, but the next go around I managed to do that too on my laptop. What an ordeal lol.

Last edited:

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Despite public shaming, I was pretty resigned to doing that. Glad we avoided it in the end.

ONKR.gif

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
What's fucked up however, is even with Sony having ramped up supply for March, the scarcity is still painful. Wal-Mart kept rolling out stock every 10 minutes to throttle demand and give people more shots at purchasing, which actually helped.

If I were Sony, I'd send my trusty lobbyists to the Capitol and push for legislation to make new release console scalping criminalized or at least severely difficult to make money on, like event ticket scalping. Because Sony's losing out on money hard over this, and it's fucking up their software sales.

Another option would be like what Sony and the Japanese retailer Yodobashi do, and make it impossible to buy a PS5 unless you're a PSN member or holder of a store credit card, respectively. Basically, use a membership service to completely weed out any potential botnet or scammer off the street from sucking up stock, because said account would be limited to 1 console purchase and you'd have to be a member to even begin to check out.

Apparently the days of getting a console normally are over. :monster:

KindOfBlue

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Blue
Despite public shaming, I was pretty resigned to doing that. Glad we avoided it in the end.
Well, if no one else, I believed in you :)

My PS5 arrived the other day by the way! Does anybody know if trophies will transfer over from FF7R to Intergrade? I’m still working on the platinum but I figured I’d stop where I am at chapter 14 and save it for when Intergrade drops

LegendarySaiyan

AKA: SalihGuclu
So in Norway, an electronic store called Elkjøp had lottery (18. March) for PS5 Standard and Digital Edition which came in stock. The winners get a code to buy a PS5.

So a friend of mine, my older brother and I participated. My friend and I did not win, and the same day I told my brother to check his email to see if he won anything. He said that he would, but never did so I just assumed that he did not win. He was not going to buy it for himself. He participated because he knew I wanted one.

The thing is he had won a code to buy a PlayStation 5 Digital Edition (Exact Edition I want), and he found out about it today and there it says on the email that he must use the code before 18th March 21:00 (9PM), if not a new winner will be drawn.

So here are some gifs to show you how I feel right now....
:facepalm4::nogod::hissyfit::jokerclap::crymoar:

LegendarySaiyan

AKA: SalihGuclu
Sewms like he should have just not said anything ... D=
That's what I told him too, I said that he should have kept this for himself saving me the pain and torture knowing that I could have the Digital Edition.

I'm sorry for your loss
Thanks, better luck next time I guess. Pray that I/we win(again), might be a new lottery next week or the week after. That's what the customer support told me so I hope they are right.

EDIT: I should have NOT sold my PS5 Standard Edition back in December...
:jonsnow:

Last edited:
Top Bottom