• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vixenish

Rinoa ACF/FFOF
AKA
Rinoa
I have a proposal/restatement/adaption of the idea that I think allows for the awesome competition part of teams that people seem to be proposing, and completely eliminate the possibility of drama/slagging off/detracting from the community that all the naysayers seem to be worried about.

Basically, people will join up with team noodz or team tits. Then there will be competitions which non secular members will help judge(that way everyone can be involved) the competitions will include the following:

Signatures
wallpapers
short story writing
anything else we can think of...I'd actually like to see some game design contests like they do on gamasutra. Here's a theme or an element make a game design doc based on this one thing. And then people vote for the game that they would most like to play.

There would have to be a private thread for team members to post up proposed ideas. That way the competition ideas could be fine tuned, but once the competition is over and decided those threads would be moved to a public section. It would also prevent bias in voting for the ideas because the general populace wouldn't know who had contributed what. The 'slagging off' wouldn't happen because the only discussion allowed in the thread would be related to the contest and the threads would become public after the voting ended.

A 'general chat' section for the team would really be unnecessary because the only point for the teams we would have here is the competitions. With that setup I don't see any way for there to be drama as a result of the teams from anyones point of view. It's purely for the competition and personal achievement of having won.

If we can't get an agreement to do it the way it was before with the old subforums, I think we should at least try for this because the competitions would be a great aspect to the forum.

As for the argument about it being unnecessary it's the 'unnecessary' features that give the forum a chance to stand out from every one of the other five biliion ff forums on your internets. It adds a dynamic to the community that enables us to attract more members of higher quality.

Opinions?

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
people will join up with team noodz or team tits.

I approve of these team names, and shall refrain from joining one specific in favor of being able to join both. :monster:. Other than that, there's a lack of really original ideas in your post - i.e. we pretty much all know what the point of ACF's teams was, and the above is pretty much a repetition of it.

I think that earlier, someone also had a suggestion about certain 'themed'-teams - a Graphics team, Writing team, Great Old One team, and that kinda stuff. With some of them getting jobs to work on the site, off course, for the greater justice / good of the site. It would be good for both parties involved - the ones that want a team can have teams, and the ones that want the teams to be constructive get teams that are / can be constructive.

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
True, but that's also punishing the userbase for a fuck up they didn't implement. You may be inadvertantly increasing the resentment toward the authority here when you start hitting the ban button immediately afterward. Even if it doesn't appear on the forum, that shit can still fester. :(

I'm sorry, but how is banning one or two drama ridden individuals going to hurt the rest of the forum? If I was causing drama in the teams say with... L (because it's happened before :wacky: ) and it proved to the staff that the teams couldn't work because the drama was too much. So they delete the teams and the drama. Okay. But Me and L being mortal enemies take it to other places on the forum, and we're warned that if we continue that we'll get banned. We continue. We get banned.

We only hurt ourselves because we're not dragging anyone else into the drama, just ourselves for our own petty reasons. WE'RE the ones ruining it for other people with OUR drama. So I really don't understand how it hurts anyone else just because staff follow through with their warnings and ban some dramawhores.

Also, what's the difference between team n00dz and team tits? Shouldn't it be teams tits, penis, and vagina? :wacky:

AKA
L, Castiel, Scotty Mc Dickerson
I'm sorry, but how is banning one or two drama ridden individuals going to hurt the rest of the forum? If I was causing drama in the teams say with... L (because it's happened before :wacky: ) and it proved to the staff that the teams couldn't work because the drama was too much. So they delete the teams and the drama. Okay. But Me and L being mortal enemies take it to other places on the forum, and we're warned that if we continue that we'll get banned. We continue. We get banned.

We only hurt ourselves because we're not dragging anyone else into the drama, just ourselves for our own petty reasons. WE'RE the ones ruining it for other people with OUR drama. So I really don't understand how it hurts anyone else just because staff follow through with their warnings and ban some dramawhores.

Also, what's the difference between team n00dz and team tits? Shouldn't it be teams tits, penis, and vagina? :wacky:

...mortal enema's?
LMFAO!

AKA
L, Castiel, Scotty Mc Dickerson
I never mentioned pen0r!
Surprisngly enough it was the internets solution to the clap that brought up pen0rs.
Tits is the usual topic of choice.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Plox refrain from spamming up this thread more now, kthx, warnings will be handed out for off-topic / spam posts from this point on. This includes mine, so I'm going to warn myself first now.

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
So three days... Is the poll going to stay open even if it ends in a high majority? And what happens if No makes a comeback and it's tied/off by 2 or so votes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom