Pokémon Go!

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
Oh I joined team Valor. :monster: Tbh I liked all of them. I ended up with Valor because it's like the Gryffindor of Pokemon and I'm a Gryffindor. :monster:
But I think Instinct was my second choice, then Mystic.

TL;DR I picked Valor but I liked them all.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
You're Team Valor now, Flare. Fuck this "All the teams are equally great" stuff. Now you read Shademp's post and join in the ridicule of Team Pee-Stink!

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
:(

Where is the Team Mystic love?

zl3qpu1tun8x.gif

X :neo:

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
I don't even get why they have stupid names. Why not just Red, Blue, and Yellow? You know, like the games.

Because the teams leaders each have different themes and ambitions that correspond to the name (which also help to give people reasons to join teams other than just by colour because that skews results VERY strongly in one direction).

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
Yes but none of it has even the faintest of bearings on the actual game.

Well, if you want to make more balanced teams between the three of them so that you have better balances of Gym competition, etc. work, then yes it absolutely does because it gives more variables to keep from skewing towards one team.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
ITT: Implying gym competition has bearing on the actual game.

:awesome:

Well, it has a bearing in your ability to earn Poké Coins, which translate into your ability to get a wide variety of extra items without real currency, so it kinda does actually. (Not to mention anything else the do with the teams in the future, which given how they were used in Ingress seems likely that there's more in store for them).

:awesomonster:

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
ITT: Implying gym competition has bearing on the actual game.

:awesome:

Well, it has a bearing in your ability to earn Poké Coins, which translate into your ability to get a wide variety of extra items without real currency, so it kinda does actually. (Not to mention anything else the do with the teams in the future, which given how they were used in Ingress seems likely that there's more in store for them).

:awesomonster:
But you stand to earn so few Poké Coins by holding and defending a gym.

Unless you live somewhere with a ton of gyms all around you, I guess.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X

The game is very different in an urban area as compared to a rural area in that respect.

That being said, if holding Gyms is a focus of yours, you get 10 Poké Coins and 500 Stardust per Pokémon defending a Gym to a maximum of 10, and that refreshes every 21 hours. That means that if you're staying on the ball, you can manage a maximum of 800 Poké Coins & 40,000 Stardust per week.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
How on the ball you gotta be to make that work? That doesn't sound fun even if you live in an urban area. =P

I forget how many gyms are in my town, but I can only think of five. They're not close to each other either, so they're not worth the effort for me.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster

The game is very different in an urban area as compared to a rural area in that respect.

That being said, if holding Gyms is a focus of yours, you get 10 Poké Coins and 500 Stardust per Pokémon defending a Gym to a maximum of 10, and that refreshes every 21 hours. That means that if you're staying on the ball, you can manage a maximum of 800 Poké Coins & 40,000 Stardust per week.

I am moving in a couple weeks and where I'm moving to has gyms and Pokestops for days.
:megusta:

AvecAloes

Donator
I went to Central Park today and caught ALL THE THINGS

A Rapidash, Ponytas, Slowpokes, a Jynx, a Persian, Voltorbs, Magnemites, a Diglett, a Sandshrew, an Omanyte,a (my first!!!) Charmander, Eevees,a Machop, and then a bunch of normal trash Pokemon, haha.

Airling

Ninja-Fairy-Jedi-Princess
Yeah, I've also only caught one Ponyta. What strikes me as strange is, I live in a somewhat urban area, and by somewhat urban I mean THE CAPITAL CITY OF MY COUNTRY, and I could never hope to catch half of that. Maybe doesn't help that the game hasn't officially launched here.

So, congratulations Avec, and curse you.

Top Bottom