Pokémon Go!

Claymore

3x3 Eyes
Not liking the crazily restrictive you have to have beaten a Raid at a specific gym's location for your invite to battle Mewtwo to appear only on that specific gym nonsense.

If the game had the systems in place to support this, that's one thing, but to not have them and to restrict it in this way? Ridiculous.

Oh well. Of course I'm buying into the hype and will go on a Raiding spree to ensure that I'll get an invite in my local area. >_>

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
I think it's likely to help manage the battles and such better than Legendary Raids do, and also to more easily prevent spoofing to those locations, since you'd have to know about it in advance to be able to jump in on it.

I think that local Facebook/Slack Groups are both good options, but it definitely seems odd for the game to not have something built in to help with organizing all this.

X :neo:

Claymore

3x3 Eyes
Help manage better? More like the opposite. I mean, what if half the people in your usual Raid group don't receive an exclusive invitation because they have only managed to complete a Raid on the gym a stop over and not on the one that it is actually being released on? You're suddenly screwed out of half your team unless you scramble online and see if there are any other people out there that you can pull together into your area. And again, you'll have to be lucky enough that they have completed a Raid on that specific gym.

I dunno, X. This just feels really weird to me.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
I mean programmatically. There're plenty of issues with people getting dropped from Raids, or not being able to join the right groups, or getting kicked, etc. etc, and this should help them be managed more consistently.

Insofar as the organization, I'm betting that those Gyms will be giving out Exclusive Raid Passes for their raids during the week or something that will give you multiple times to attempt to get one before the Exclusive Raids starts.

I have a really different view of what Legendary Raiding looks like ever since 3 weeks ago when I got tossed into a Facebook messenger group and saw Slack groups for my region. I feel like this'll be the same way, by letting people know where those Gyms are and when they have Raids running to prep for the Exclusive Raids.

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
I'm still trying to piece together about this exclusive raid business. But I've seen mention of both complete a raid at the gym "within the last couple weeks" and also, "will appear in popular gyms for ease/accessibility". I don't know how much truth there is to that but I can only hope. So lately I've been making sure to do at least my daily raid passes on lower levels, at different popular gyms in town (we only have 14 so no biggie)... our group is pretty big on fb messenger but lacking since the initial hype when everyone got their birds.

I'm also not sure if youll get your raid pass right after (he's released worldwide) you complete a raid at the right gym. Then you could tell your friends "hey guys, go here!" and then they get the invite.

It also said that Mewtwo would have advance notice, and pics from the event looked like hes have 10-12 hour spawn time. But the pass is only good for 15 mins itself, so you only get one or two chances on it, depending on how long the battle is.. so make it count!

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
Sounds to me like Niantic is taking their usual approach of

Step 1: Come up with awesome idea
Step 2: Think of numerous ways to ruin it

Claymore

3x3 Eyes
So that's their plan for fixing Raids come summer's end? Just throw in MORE Legendary Raids?

I really hope they have an actual plan in place for the winter months and less hospitable weather, as Raiding is going to be dead around here.

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
I'm 4/4 on Raikou so far. Some of my friends have spoofed for the others and I'm like .___. reeallly? We need you here for the numbers to get in the raids. urgh. Excited to have a whole month to get them but our team sort of loses steam about halfway through lol.

I anticipate that Ho-Oh will accompany Suicune and/or be a Christmas time raid and Mew/Mewtwo/Celebi will be part of the EX raids and that will take us to the Gen 3 release... still waiting on what will be on Smergle and Deliberd.

Claymore

3x3 Eyes
A 2018 onwards outlook for gen 3 really makes me sad, since that's the core of the game that I'm interested in.

Claymore

3x3 Eyes
Ex Raid invitations have begun to be handed out to a lucky few in US and Japan, so we should get some concrete information about how this is all going to play out very soon.

For lack of a more appropriate thread to post it in but I am fondly listening to this theme...over and over and over... XD

That hits the nostalgia nerve and remixes it up to more awesomeness.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
Got a Farfech'd with my boss at work this morning. Haven't done any of the Legendary Dogs (or Mew-Two), as I've mostly stopped playing this actively, but it was still nice to take a little step closer to completing that initial Gen 1 dex.

looneymoon

they/them
AKA
Rishi
Should I get back into this? I was playing obsessively until early this year... then just stopped due to a lot of other things getting my attention. I miss having an excuse to get out of my desk that doesn't include having a cigarette. When I opened it last I was just so confused... so much change and no explanation :( raid battles? legendaries?? whaaaa???

I just wanted to catch and collect friends. I was never much into fighting gyms. Now it seems I have to group up for fighting in order to collect legendaries/rare guys? Which kinda sucks :( haaaalp

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
FWIW: Even though I didn't give any fucks about fighting gyms, the Legendary Pokémon in Raids are still a bunch of fun to just run into people and work together to catch big Pokémon. It's about the only important thing to just catching friends on your own. I cba to bother with other Raids most of the time, and I haven't played for a few months really.

Claymore

3x3 Eyes
There's certainly more variety trying to be implemented on creating different ways in which to play. If your goal is teaming up with others and fighting mons, then the Raids and Legendaries could be your thing. But if, like me, you just want to be a Collector, then yeah, reinstall the game and there will be lots to get you back into catching (depending on when you originally left the game). Even if it hasn't been that long, with the prospect of Gen 3 right around the corner, and the occasional shiny, there is something to tempt you, even in casual play, to make you log in every now and again.

Claymore

3x3 Eyes
BRAND NEW UPDATE IS HERE!

* 50 new pokemon from Gen III have been released
* An increase in Pokemon storage
* A 'Battle Party' feature has been added, allowing you to store your Raiding party
* The new weather feature has been added! Different weather locally will have an effect on spawns, increasing the power of certain mons, and increased stardust

Philco

Pro Adventurer
It was pretty cool to open up the app on one of the UK's rare snowy days to find snowflakes falling in-game too ^^ It soon turned to rain though - Caught a mudkip and minun that spawned as a result.

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
To any of you yanky/canadoodles. Since trading is now in I've been catching a bunch of Mr Mimes. You're welcome to them if you need the creepy thing for your 'dex.

Top Bottom