• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Pomingham Palace (KupoCon London 2018)

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
Thanks. I reckon we should have a Discord meeting to discuss the shared apartment idea further. Would next weekend work for people?

As a backup, we could try to book at the same hostels/hotels so we're only spread out over a couple of places, hopefully not too far from each other. Now that I have the money I want to get it sorted ASAP.

Cacti

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Kanthos, Cacti Kanth
Thanks. I reckon we should have a Discord meeting to discuss the shared apartment idea further. Would next weekend work for people?

As a backup, we could try to book at the same hostels/hotels so we're only spread out over a couple of places, hopefully not too far from each other. Now that I have the money I want to get it sorted ASAP.

Since I'm also going to be in London for the meetup / event thanks to Flare / Flint I'd like to join in on any of these shared apartment ideas if possible! I'm looking for the cheapest way to get accommodation sorted while there so if it turns out cheaper / better value for the money count me in \o/ I'll be arriving on the 1st and leaving on the 8th, but if necessary I'd pay for an extra day or two I won't be there if it's for longer than my stay.

RedFFWolf

Donator
I've just booked two nights at the Royal National Hotel (Feb 2-4). For my own benefit, it's best I'm there for the event.

Booked out a family room for the extra bed and space, so if anyone needs a quiet place to rest during the event, you're all completely welcome to use it :)

I'm hoping to stay for more days this time 'round, so I'll probably find accommodation elsewhere for those other days (or just add on another day or two, if needs be).

Mage

She/They
AKA
Mage
Are we going to talk about booking somewhere this weekend like Flint suggested? How many of us want to do a group thing?

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
Yeah, I suggested doing it tomorrow evening for UK time (morning for me once I’m at work). I think a chat is definitely needed so we can get plans finalized. :D
I’m still interested in doing a group apartment thing. There’s going to be like almost 20 of us going to this thing, though, so I doubt we’d find a place big enough for everyone who wants an apartment together.
Maybe renting a couple apartments and some hotel rooms could work, but people might feel left out of the groups if that happens, idk.
So long as I’m sharing with someone to make the trip affordable for me I’m not fussed. :) Ami, Octo and I sharing a room was suggested but Kimble also mentioned sharing with me to help cover costs. I’d be comfortable sharing with any of them and many more :monster:

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
Amizon, Commander Shepard, Ellie, Rinoa Heartilly, Xena, Clara Oswald, Gamora, Lana Kane, Tifa Lockhart, Jodie Holmes, Chloe Price.
I'm available all day, just ping me in Discord and/or post a time here. Then my body I can be ready. :awesome:

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
I guess we'll just play it by ear, then. Sometime this evening. If you can't make it, don't worry, we won't book any big group stuff (I can't speak for individuals) without running it by this thread first.

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
I get off work at 2:00 PM AST. By 3:00 PM I should be free, someone message me on facebook and I'll go to my internet hill (still no power :sadpanda:).

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
Amizon, Commander Shepard, Ellie, Rinoa Heartilly, Xena, Clara Oswald, Gamora, Lana Kane, Tifa Lockhart, Jodie Holmes, Chloe Price.
A few of us are on Discord voice chat right now btw.

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
We've got our eyes on this apartment. The listing says 16 beds but we've inferred it's actually eight double beds.

There's a 27% discount if you book for at least a week. We were thinking 1st-8th of Feb since most people seem to be arriving on the 1st. It would cost 2233€/£1910/$2597, with a 578€/£500/$673 security deposit. If 16 people were there for all seven nights it would work out as about 20€/£17/$23 per person per night. However we're not sure exactly how many people will be there, and a lot of people are yet to confirm their arrival and departure dates. And I guess not everyone wants to share a bed.

If we go for it, we'd probably have to work out a pro rata system so that if you're not there for the full stay, you'd pay a percentage (perhaps 25-50%) of the usual rate for the nights you're not there. Otherwise it would become unfairly expensive for those who are there.

What do we think?

Edit 1: There are backups on AirBNB as well, but they're further away and seem to be private rooms in hostels with eight bunk-beds, for example.

Edit 2: If we go for it, I don't mind being the person to contact everyone individually and lock down their commitment. I can't pay the whole security deposit up front, though; I could only send my share to someone.

Edit 3: AirBNB actually has a "split with friends" payment system. If I make the booking then you'll all have three days to pay your share. Then we wouldn't have to route the money via someone else.

Edit 4:

Here's another option – it's one we've looked at before (Joe linked to it earlier in this thread). It's quite a bit more expensive and has a maximum of 11 people, though if we snuck 12 or 13 in I'm sure it would be fine. But it has better reviews and a great location relative to the event. We have some concerns about the first place I mentioned being frequently cancelled at short notice. I contacted the host so we'll see what they say.

Last edited:

Mage

She/They
AKA
Mage
Not sure if it was heard over the voice chat (grr) but I ain't walking through Landan tahn dressed as Aeris tyvm. As close as possible gets my vote.

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
giphy.gif

Mage

She/They
AKA
Mage
I'm making a replica Princess Guard. If I get any snarky comments I will use it and I don't fancy getting nicked and being subject to one of those local news headlines 'Cosplay Nut Arrested in London Street Brawl for Fighting in Character' or some spurious bollocks like that.

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
Btw, in case you were wondering, the latest update on the host of that one apartment we want is that there is no update. I'll let you know as soon as there is.

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
So if we don’t hear from them in the next couple days, should we go with the other option, the one Joe found?

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato
The other option does say "no stereos or speakers", we might end up being louder then they like, just throwing that out there.

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
Well it does say events and gatherings are allowed, just no parties or 'musical or sound instruments' (aka the stereos and speakers). I would assume laughing and chatting wouldn't apply :awesome: (hopefully)

I'm just wary of the other one because of all those weird cancellations by the host. :monster:

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
What I produce isn't sound or music!

And let's not even start about Mage's singing, :awesome:

*runs*

Top Bottom