SPOILERS Predictions for Part 2? (*Open Spoilers for Part 1*)

Theozilla

Kaiju Member
If the Remake ends up being four parts instead of three parts, my this is my guestimation of how part 2 and part 3 would look:
4-part Remake Scenario

Part 2

1. Nibelheim Flashback
2. Kalm & Midgar Area
3.Chocobo Farm & Mythril Mines
4. Original Yuffie Joining Party Scenario
5. Fort Condor
6-7. Junon
8. Cargo Ship
9. Costa del Sol
10. Mount Corel & Surrounding Areas
11. North Corel
12. Gold Saucer
13. Corel Prison
14. Original Scenario
15. Gongaga
16. Cosmo Canyon
17-18. Nibelheim & Expanded Vincent (as a guest character) Joining Party Scenario + some portion of Mt. Nibel

Part 3

1. Area before Rocket Town and Original Scenario
2. Rocket Town & Cid
3-4. Wutai & Wutai Area Continent
5. Original Scenario
6. Gold Saucer Second Visit
7. Temple of the Ancients
8-9. Bone Village & First Half of Northern Continent Expanded (Modeoheim?)
10-11. Forgotten Capital (i.e. Aerith’s death)
12-13. Northern Continent (Icicle Inn, The Great Glacier, Gaea’s Cliff)
14-15. Whirlwind Maze & Northern Crater
16-17. Escape from Junon & Sapphire Weapon
18. Highwind and Original Scenario Climax

And then Part 4 would be of OG plus original content

Prism

Pro Adventurer
AKA
pikpixelart
If the Remake ends up being four parts instead of three parts, my this is my guestimation of how part 2 and part 3 would look:
4-part Remake Scenario

Part 2

1. Nibelheim Flashback
2. Kalm & Midgar Area
3.Chocobo Farm & Mythril Mines
4. Original Yuffie Joining Party Scenario
5. Fort Condor
6-7. Junon
8. Cargo Ship
9. Costa del Sol
10. Mount Corel & Surrounding Areas
11. North Corel
12. Gold Saucer
13. Corel Prison
14. Original Scenario
15. Gongaga
16. Cosmo Canyon
17-18. Nibelheim & Expanded Vincent (as a guest character) Joining Party Scenario + some portion of Mt. Nibel

Part 3

1. Area before Rocket Town and Original Scenario
2. Rocket Town & Cid
3-4. Wutai & Wutai Area Continent
5. Original Scenario
6. Gold Saucer Second Visit
7. Temple of the Ancients
8-9. Bone Village & First Half of Northern Continent Expanded (Modeoheim?)
10-11. Forgotten Capital (i.e. Aerith’s death)
12-13. Northern Continent (Icicle Inn, The Great Glacier, Gaea’s Cliff)
14-15. Whirlwind Maze & Northern Crater
16-17. Escape from Junon & Sapphire Weapon
18. Highwind and Original Scenario Climax

And then Part 4 would be of OG plus original content
That seems like a pretty well paced separation of content. Part 2 centers around resolving Nibelheim and traveling through the world’s towns (Costa del Sol, Gold Saucer)

Part 3 focuses on the heavy content - Ancient, Sephiroth, Weapons, and Lifestream portions.

Question is, what do you think the variables for change are going to be? If the game uses the same framework, when will the story diverge?

Theozilla

Kaiju Member
That seems like a pretty well paced separation of content. Part 2 centers around resolving Nibelheim and traveling through the world’s towns (Costa del Sol, Gold Saucer)

Part 3 focuses on the heavy content - Ancient, Sephiroth, Weapons, and Lifestream portions.

Question is, what do you think the variables for change are going to be? If the game uses the same framework, when will the story diverge?
Basically the "filling" of said locations. I expect how the scenario plays out in the various locations to be significantly different. Wutai is likely going to be one of the more obvious ones, I expect a great expansion on the culture of the area and tone to completely different. I also expect Avalanche HQ to added to one of these locations Fort Condor or Cosmo Canyon are probably the most likely picks for them. And I expect and hope that Cid and Shera's character writing gets expanded upon.
And the Northern Continent is just primed for additions and expansions, especially in regard to filling out the towns to make it more believable that it can sustain populated towns.
Anyways, I am still hoping for three parts over four parts though. I think narratively it would flow better, but four parts could work too.

LNK

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Nate
I agree. And, I do hope part 2 ends after Aerith death. If SE ends it how they did part 1, I wonder what kind of cliff hanger we would get if it happened like this
I was thinking that Sephiroth might decide to “keep” Cloud to finally make him his sex slave for reasons for a while after fucking with his mind and making him summon Meteor. Because of the invitation to join him or whatever that was. That might work as a cliffhanger for old and new players alike and at least the first half of the final part might play very differently from the OG.
I like the idea of manipulating Cloud into summoning Meteor! It's not like he hasn't already manipulated him

Mayo Master

Pro Adventurer
Hey guys, I had a dream last night...

Part 2 would follow the general flow of the OG story with some variations: Aerith being the main driver of the party going after Sephiroth, meeting Cid and Yuffie before Junon, not encountering Hojo at Costa del Sol, that sort of stuff.
As the part ventures into the unknown, no Whisper can be spotted. Everybody begins to entertain the idea that Aerith might survive this time.
But when the party reaches the Forgotten capital, Sephiroth does skewer her, in a scene that is very faithful from the OG. Plus added torment in the form of 'even though you were free from Destiny, you still ended up to the same spot, haha!' type deal.
When the party reaches the Northern Crater, Sephiroth proceeds to destroy Cloud mentally. Now, the plot twist: as Cloud tries to hang on to the last shreds of his sanity, Sephiroth kills Tifa.
At this point, because FF7R loves meta, with Aerith AND Tifa being dead, neither Cloud or the player feels like this life is worth living anymore, and neither cares if the world gets destroyed. Both Cloud and the player willfully give the Black materia to Sephiroth, thinking "this whole thing can go to hell!!!" and rage-quit.
Sephiroth pretty much checkmates the world, since there's literally nobody left to stop him.
The end.

Spoiler alert: there's no Part 3.

youffie

Pro Adventurer
Hey guys, I had a dream last night...

Part 2 would follow the general flow of the OG story with some variations: Aerith being the main driver of the party going after Sephiroth, meeting Cid and Yuffie before Junon, not encountering Hojo at Costa del Sol, that sort of stuff.
As the part ventures into the unknown, no Whisper can be spotted. Everybody begins to entertain the idea that Aerith might survive this time.
But when the party reaches the Forgotten capital, Sephiroth does skewer her, in a scene that is very faithful from the OG. Plus added torment in the form of 'even though you were free from Destiny, you still ended up to the same spot, haha!' type deal.
When the party reaches the Northern Crater, Sephiroth proceeds to destroy Cloud mentally. Now, the plot twist: as Cloud tries to hang on to the last shreds of his sanity, Sephiroth kills Tifa.
At this point, because FF7R loves meta, with Aerith AND Tifa being dead, neither Cloud or the player feels like this life is worth living anymore, and neither cares if the world gets destroyed. Both Cloud and the player willfully give the Black materia to Sephiroth, thinking "this whole thing can go to hell!!!" and rage-quit.
Sephiroth pretty much checkmates the world, since there's literally nobody left to stop him.
The end.

Spoiler alert: there's no Part 3.

Actually, Part 3 features the united fandom of FFVII cosplaying as the whispers on a mission to kill Nomura, Nojima and Kitase while they're still laughing their butts off

Fate's a bitch~

Eerie

Fire and Blood
I found this in Twitter today.

Question: When the Remake was first announced, there was some confusion among fans about its multi-parts format. Is comparing it to the Final Fantasy XIII saga fair in that regard? Will each entry have that kind of scope?

Answer: It will essentially be a full scale game for each part of the multi-part serie. In XIII, each installment told the story from a different angle. It was like kinda approaching an unknown territory, in a sense. Whereas with Final Fantasy VII Remake, we already have a preexisting story, so it wouldn't really make sense if that isn't encompassed in the multi-part series, and it wouldn't make sense to remake it if we didn't encompass that whole story.

I found the original interview, here and it's from 2016!

So yeah, since 2016, maybe they changed their ideas, but I feel definitely that... they still want the same story beats. They want to encompass the WHOLE game IN the MULTI-PARTS serie. So it's not just this game, presumably, but the other ones too. Normally at this stage, they already have thought about the plot, so if they said that, I think we can still think that the same story is just revisited, and we'll see it develop more or less like the original.

Theozilla

Kaiju Member

So yeah, since 2016, maybe they changed their ideas, but I feel definitely that... they still want the same story beats. They want to encompass the WHOLE game IN the MULTI-PARTS serie. So it's not just this game, presumably, but the other ones too. Normally at this stage, they already have thought about the plot, so if they said that, I think we can still think that the same story is just revisited, and we'll see it develop more or less like the original.
Yeah, that interview is pretty well known relatively. It's so many, including myself, assume that the Remake project will be a trilogy, because of the comparison to the FFXIII trilogy (in addition to the fact that trilogies are a common format for multi-part stories).

LNK

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Nate

I also go back to that, when people say that SE never told us it would be multi part

LNK

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Nate
I moved this to this thread instead of the leaks one

I think Ody's idea of having Laguna style sequences would be a good way to integrate CC into part 2. They could be the flashbacks of Zack, but expanded on a little bit. That way we can see other CC characters. The flashbacks could be playable

billy22

Pro Adventurer
I still think that she will die, but I don't expect it to happen the same way. New Sephiroth needs to break Cloud in a way he wasn't before, so I think the remake will commit to something the original didn't, and Cloud will kill her himself.
I have seen some people suggest this, and I don't buy it at all (and I understand you said you're not confident about it at the end).

I cannot imagine them having the protagonist murder a young innocent girl. Especially not in today's climate. In a Teen rated game with Cloud- one of their most iconic heroes in their series. They already cut out Tseng slapping Aerith, and Cloud's beating of her isn't going to make it in either. I have also heard a theory that Reno pushing the button for the plate falling was replaced with Rude doing it due to Reno being more popular, and they don't want him to do 'villain things.' Coincidentally, they also new created a character bent on revenge against Corneo...whom Reno originally kills.

Combined with everything else they've already scaled back- Avalanche and Sector 7 deaths, the initial bombing run, etc, I just cannot fathom them having the protagonist (the player) murder Aerith.

Theozilla

Kaiju Member
I have seen some people suggest this, and I don't buy it at all (and I understand you said you're not confident about it at the end).

I cannot imagine them having the protagonist murder a young innocent girl. Especially not in today's climate. In a Teen rated game with Cloud- one of their most iconic heroes in their series. They already cut out Tseng slapping Aerith, and Cloud's beating of her isn't going to make it in either. I have also heard a theory that Reno pushing the button for the plate falling was replaced with Rude doing it due to Reno being more popular, and they don't want him to do 'villain things.' Coincidentally, they also created a character bent on revenge against Corneo...whom Reno originally kills.

Combined with everything else they've already scaled back- Avalanche and Sector 7 deaths, the initial bombing run, etc, I just cannot fathom them having the protagonist (the player) murder Aerith.
Eh, I don't think they will cut Cloud attacking Aerith, the FFXV Omen trailer had Noctis literally beating and killing Luna in it. I'm sure the staging and cinematography will be different, but I don't think it will be cut entirely.
Tseng not slapping Aerith I think probably as to more with it originally not meshing well with Tseng's expanded characterization (and arguably it even clashed with his OG characterization), not because of "violence".
And Reno not being the last one to push the button really doesn't make much of a difference since he still started the sequence, the main reason he didn't push the button is because they probably wanted to show that the heroes really had beaten him up badly.
Also Leslie Kyle had already existed in the Turks Side Story novel, he isn't new to the Remake (same with Corneo having survived his OG fall).

billy22

Pro Adventurer
Also Leslie Kyle had already existed in the Turks Side Story novel, he isn't new to the Remake (same with Corneo having survived his OG fall).
I still need to read that. Damn, I had no idea.

Out of curiosity do you think there is any chance whatsoever of them having Cloud- the player- kill Aerith?

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
Yeah I'm not really thinking that anymore, just got on a strange brain wave there. Having Cloud kill her would be redundant after the beating scene just prior anyway, he had already failed as her bodyguard, actually having him do the deed wouldn't add to that. I still think something is going to be severely different though.

Theozilla

Kaiju Member
I still need to read that. Damn, I had no idea.

Out of curiosity do you think there is any chance whatsoever of them having Cloud- the player- kill Aerith?
No I don't think so, Sephiroth killing Aerith is too much of an iconic scene to significantly change that much.

LNK

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Nate
I wouldn't mind seeing a manipulated Cloud, killing Aerith. I can only imagine how fucked up his mind would be after that. Do I think SE would do that though? No

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
I can't see him just carrying on after that if he did it. I think he would be completely broken. The plot would need to change drastically if he kills her.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
I can't see him just carrying on after that if he did it. I think he would be completely broken. The plot would need to change drastically if he kills her.

It would be atonal and completely outside of the boundaries of what is FFVII. FFVII's dark but... That's ND storyline dark.

It'd also be brand suicide. From a long-term business/marketing standpoint, it'd be... Extremely difficult to market and popularize a character who straight up led the player to assist them in committing murder on another one of the most popular characters of the franchise :monster:

I don't think that's the audience or age range they're going for. Like, that's truly heavy.

Even with the extenuating circumstances, that type of... Horrifying player-induced murder would scar and take FFVII in a veeeeery different direction that I don't see them wishing to go towards.

billy22

Pro Adventurer
Yeah, this is final fantasy, not Berserk. I don't know what I was thinking...
You were thinking, "How can I replace Aerith with Jessie in the LTD? By having Cloud kill her of course!"

I've seen other people suggest Cloud killing her, so you are not alone in that theory.

Reactions: LNK

LNK

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Nate
Isn't the age range for final fantasy, around the same as games like call of duty and GTA, though?

I don't think SE would ever do something like that, but damn, would that (or killing Tifa) leave a lasting impression on the new generation.

Top Bottom