SPOILERS Predictions for Part 2? (*Open Spoilers for Part 1*)

NaoyaShinota

Pro Adventurer
It kind of feels like FFVII Remake is opening up the idea of doing a “Compilation of FFVII Remake” thing here. Or at least they are acknowledging bother games from FFVII Compilation into its story. I think they’ll include things from other games but only if it’s to help the story. Example is with Yuffie. She mentioned in Intergeade that she met Avalanche in the past which is a reference to Before Crisis. And this would make sense to mention it because it can help the story and further develop Yuffies character. I have seen Crisis Core references. Advent Children and other references as well. Wouldn’t surprise me if we see more.

Would like to see more call backs or references to the FFVII universe. I know some people have negative thing about it but personally I love all of FFVII.

Kain424

Old Man in the Room
It kind of feels like FFVII Remake is opening up the idea of doing a “Compilation of FFVII Remake” thing here. Or at least they are acknowledging bother games from FFVII Compilation into its story. I think they’ll include things from other games but only if it’s to help the story.

This is exactly what I've been saying since I played it

FF7Ultimate.png

I absolutely believe this to be more or less the case.

Reactions: LNK

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
Yeah honestly it kind of seems like ever crisis exists in part so people will be able to get up to speed on all this oblique compilation lore without having to hunt down long out of print games. Why they didn't just do an HD collection is anyone's guess.

I don't think the remake is intending to "remake" the compilation within itself.

Last edited:

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
I agree Ody. I think the reason for that is they’re coming to 7R with the idea that it’ll be best enjoyed as the latest entry in the Compilation rather than an introduction to it, much as AC had a dedication at the beginning to the fans. So making a “quick n dirty” Remake of the OG and compilation titles for people to have before Part 2 comes out is what I think they’re goin for (although with mobile release schedules we probably won’t see all of EC’s expansions before Part 2… unless Part 2 comes out in—nevermind).

Hope to learn more on Monday.

Phantasia

Pro Adventurer
I like to think of remake as a "love letter" to the whole compilation.

You don't spend years developing a franchise just throw everything out of the window. This is why I disagree with the people who say the complication isn't canon. Some things might change for the sake of a more consistent and cohesive narrative, but that does not take way from what we already have.

Is definitely a hard task they have on hand though. Giving the player a refreshing experience while playing something they already have is no joke. In my opinion they did amazing in part 1, hope they can keep that same momentum rolling.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Anyone who thought they were throwing out the Compilation wholesale were either not Compilation fans engaging in some wishful thinking, or Tash-style super-fans going all Chicken Little. They'll take what they want, ignore what they want, and tweak what they need to. Just like they did for every single other entry.

OWA-2

Pro Adventurer
Am I the only one who doesn't want to see the post-Midgar chapters of Ever Crisis, before Remake Part 2 comes out? Because it will spoil so many stuff(visual wise, with the characters and enemies and locations designs, and characters' attacks/animations during battle).

BestTurkReno

Rookie Adventurer
AKA
BestTurkReno
Things I hope to see in Part 2:

- Elena's introduction in pretty CG
- Rufus' Parade together with the great March (I can't wait to see ultra realistic Cloud marching along with the fellow Troopers to Rufus' obnoxious parade music
- Reno, Tseng, Elena and Rude at the Bar in Junon
- As sad as it sounds: I hope Aerith still dies in the Remake, because I can't stomach Tifa's death
- Rufus' possible death
- Reno and Rude discussing their crushes (I want to see it in realistic graphics)

Things I don't want to see:
- more messed up Canon divergence such as more Whispers, more Sephiroth scenes, Jessie surviving the Plate fall
- Skipping Clouds Soldier disguise (yeah, they skipped AVALANCHE disguising themselves in the Shinra Headquarters)

That was all from my point of view. I think Part 2 needs less Action scenes and more story related stuff. They put too many Fillers in Part 1, and it really sucked. I also hope they revwrite the Battle system, because it has annoying flaws such as not being fully able to dodge some attacks, getting interrupted while casting spells.

Roundhouse

Pro Adventurer
*At the SE offices, during a planning meeting**

Nomura: We did it, boys. We brought Zack back into FF7.

[They toast one another.]

Nojima: Wait a minute...how do we use Zack in the story? Won't that completely mess up Cloud's identity arc and unreliable narrative?

Kitase: Oh God...you're right. You're right.

Nomura: Don't panic. There are ways around this. We can bring Zack in AFTER Cloud's identity is restored...but that's near the end of the game, hm. In that case, we can bring Zack in at the North Crater, where Cloud learns the truth about himself! Before that point, we can have Zack in a Laguna style party tracking the main party...Zack is in a party with Yuffie and someone else. Yuffie is perfect because she knows Zack from Crisis Core, and has yet to even meet Cloud's team.

Nojima: Intriguing idea.

Kitase: Huzzah!

Kain424

Old Man in the Room
So... what? Do Yuffie and Zack then immediately part ways before Cloud and co. get to Junon?

That's essentially what EC is though, isn't it?
Am I the only one who doesn't want to see the post-Midgar chapters of Ever Crisis, before Remake Part 2 comes out?

I'm honestly not sure how Ever Crisis is going to work. Are they releasing all parts at once to fill everyone in? Do we get mini versions of every game? Or are they using a basic mobile subscription model where they put the Mako Reactor #1 mission one month and then Zack fighting Angeal the next? Or will there be a chronological order? If so, will there be Before Crisis chapters? All at once?

There's just a lot to process about that, which makes me doubt its use as a compendium of lore for the average player to go back to whenever there's something new popping up in Remake.

Reactions: Ite

NaoyaShinota

Pro Adventurer
So... what? Do Yuffie and Zack then immediately part ways before Cloud and co. get to Junon?

I'm honestly not sure how Ever Crisis is going to work. Are they releasing all parts at once to fill everyone in? Do we get mini versions of every game? Or are they using a basic mobile subscription model where they put the Mako Reactor #1 mission one month and then Zack fighting Angeal the next? Or will there be a chronological order? If so, will there be Before Crisis chapters? All at once?

There's just a lot to process about that, which makes me doubt its use as a compendium of lore for the average player to go back to whenever there's something new popping up in Remake.
Nomura did state that for Ever Crisis, FFVII would be 10 chapters. Three of them is “Escape from Midgar”. they have been silent on the matter of what Ever Crisis will exactly do. It wouldn’t surprise me if on Jan 31st we get some update and more details at E3. The 10 chapters is what scares me. Are they doing this just for FFVII? Or for all of them. I really don’t like the idea of condensing the other FFVII games. But Nomura did also state that this is not meant to replace the original. As he claimed that many people are asking to play the original FFVII games on Current Consoles.

LNK

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Nate

Nojima: Wait a minute...how do we use Zack in the story? Won't that completely mess up Cloud's identity arc and unreliable narrative?

Nomura: Don't panic. There are ways around this. We can bring Zack in AFTER Cloud's identity is restored...but that's near the end of the game, hm. In that case, we can bring Zack in at the North Crater, where Cloud learns the truth about himself! Before that point, we can have Zack in a Laguna style party tracking the main party...Zack is in a party with Yuffie and someone else. Yuffie is perfect because she knows Zack from Crisis Core, and has yet to even meet Cloud's team.

Ya know... That wouldn't be such a bad idea. That's if Zack is alive in the same manner everyone else is though. Yuffie is an optional character in the OG, so she could easily be used as a companion to Zack.

ultima786

Pro Adventurer
AKA
ultima

I hate to steal your thunder but I assumed this exactly!

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
At this point, having read @TurquoiseHammer's translation of the "new mysteries" section of the ultimania, I feel like they're being so on the nose about there being an alternate timeline where Zack is alive that there's no way that's what they're actually doing lol.

Really don't know how it's anything else. It's science fiction 101, and the emphasis along with their commentary sorta leaves room for little else.

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
But that's exactly it. If they're trying to make it a mystery they're not doing a good job, everyone already figured it out if it is an AU.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
But that's exactly it. If they're trying to make it a mystery they're not doing a good job, everyone already figured it out if it is an AU.

Yeah, they also tried to make it a mystery Jack was Garland too.

And Roxas was Sora.

And Kadaj was Sephiroth.

Their "mysteries" are not always mysterious.

Eerie

Fire and Blood
Their mysteries are more hints to be sure fans won’t miss the clues tbh. They wanted us to talk more about what those mysteries hint at. Remember how at first Mako and I were 100% sure that Zack was dead until we were forced to admit the AU theory because of the Ultimania. Then again I am still not 100% sure about that because I think it works best with Zack just being dead already.

Roundhouse

Pro Adventurer
I thought you still believed he was dead? Is this due to the recent translation Ody mentioned? Where are you all reading that...

Top Bottom