SPOILERS Predictions for Part 2? (*Open Spoilers for Part 1*)

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
What about the mystery of Genesis and the final crisis at the end of Dirge that no one has solved?

You mean the mystery that they commented on back in the Crisis Core Ultimania?

To someone who has only played DC, when they watch the secret movie in that game they will take it as “an ominous being sealed in a water-filled chamber has been release onto the world”, but if you watch the movie again after having completed CC, then one could go 180 degrees and interpret it in a completely different way.

It served as a hook and stinger for Crisis Core, with enough ambiguity to leave them room to make another game if they wanted to.

Roundhouse

Pro Adventurer
I can understand being a hook for CC, but the 'final crisis' was never answered...unless it's going to pop up in the remake, or the remake itself is the final crisis.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
What "final crisis?" Where was that ever even a term?

Bear in mind Dirge came out in 2006. Crisis Core was the last game in the Compilation in 2007 and Advent Children Complete was the last major media entry which came out in 2009.

Crisis Core's stinger end cutscene was a reshoot of FFVII's opening, and ACC's was Cloud taking Denzel with him to Zack's grave. So there's not some grand unresolved 16 year mystery here. It warped around in a circle, back to FFVII.

Roundhouse

Pro Adventurer
I dunno! According to Sleepezi it's 'future crisis' rather than final though, and it's somewhere in the Crisis Core Q and A in an Ultimania...hopefully there is a proper source somewhere.

LNK

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Nate
Their mysteries are more hints to be sure fans won’t miss the clues tbh. They wanted us to talk more about what those mysteries hint at. Remember how at first Mako and I were 100% sure that Zack was dead until we were forced to admit the AU theory because of the Ultimania. Then again I am still not 100% sure about that because I think it works best with Zack just being dead already.

What exactly is the AU though? Are all of these people alive in the way Cloud and the rest of the party are? Or are they alive in the sense that they are in some sort of life/death limbo where they haven't reached the lifestream yet? With the 1st scenario, there's many more questions to be answered. With the second, there are none. At least coming from me

Roundhouse

Pro Adventurer
Mako I found something by a source named...Mako! You may have heard of him. It's not about the future crisis or whatever, but it does say that there is a mystery here that CC has not yet fully resolved.

'The many mysteries of the one who woke up in an underground cave.

Genesis made his first entry into the series in the secret movie set in DC, set in the world three years after FFVII. Howver, in DC he is only refered to by his first inital of “G”. Somewhere in an underground cave, he pickes up DC’s last boss Weiss, and then spreads his one black wing to fly away – The true nature of the intention behind G’s actions in this movie are shrouded in mystery. Although some of the mystery have been explained away by CC, there are also many portions yet to be revealed. (See page 546)'

https://thelifestream.net/lifestrea...acter-profile-from-the-crisis-core-ultimania/

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
I dunno! According to Sleepezi it's 'future crisis' rather than final though, and it's somewhere in the Crisis Core Q and A in an Ultimania...hopefully there is a proper source somewhere.

So it's fandom telephone. :monster:

By being defeated by Zack, Genesis is able to regain the pride he had as a SOLDIER, and with Sephiroth and Angeal now dead, he decided that it is up to him, who has been left behind, to protect the world.

Before we continue, pay close attention the context. These are Genesis's intentions in Crisis Core, upon his defeat in chapter 11. Here he believes Angeal and Sephiroth are gone for good, and upon that realization, feels he is the last special SOLDIER capable of carrying on their honor.

Ironically, this would lead Genesis to sleep through literally the most apocalyptic crisis of FFVII's world, completely negating the purpose of his sleep. He completely ignored Deepground and his "brothers" for essentially nothing.

And so, in order to prepare for the day when a crisis threatens the world, Genesis seals himself in the flooded chamber on his own volition. This is the true meaning of Genesis’ version of the phrase from the final chapter of LOVELESS, and at the same time the true meaning of the secret movie in DC (see A7-3).

So yeah, that's why he seals himself away before FFVII. It wraps around to the meaning of the final chapter of Loveless in Chapter 11 and provides the unexpected twist of context of his ominous DC appearance 3 years later.

Once again, this isn't calling him or anything a Final or Future Crisis. Whatever they would want to do with that scenario would be necessitate an entirely new story or game set after FFVII, at least 3 years in the future.

Instead, that never happened and we moved to the thing most people really wanted. Which was the Remake.

Reactions: LNK

Roundhouse

Pro Adventurer
Where is the source for the idea that the mysteries yet to be revealed refer to a possible future game that never materialised, rather than remake?

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
What "mysteries?"

There isn't a mystery except the unrealized writing of something involving the characters post DC that was clearly never made for over 16 years.

Weiss seemingly survived his thrashing as Omega's vessel in DC. What he would do as a survivor after Nero merged with him to save his consciousness, along with Genesis taking him away, is something we simply do not know. Because it was never written.

Same with Shelke's future. And Shalua's corpse which crashed in the ruins of Midgar along with the ravaged Sierra. These are things never visited again because nothing came afterwards. They're not mysteries, they're simply unwritten plot threads.

LNK

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Nate
Instead, that never happened and we moved to the thing most people really wanted. Which was the Remake.

While I don't think remake is a sequel to DoC, there are lots of people who think that's the case. If true, we could very well get follow up to that Genesis/Weiss scene.

jeangl123

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Jean
"By being defeated by Zack, Genesis is able to regain the pride he had as a SOLDIER, and with Sephiroth and Angeal now dead, he decided that it is up to him, who has being left behind, to protect the world. And so, in order to prepare for the day when a crisis threatens the world, Genesis seals himself in the flooded chamber on his own volition. This is the true meaning of Genesis’ version of the phrase from the final chapter of LOVELESS, and at the same time the true meaning of the secret movie in DC (see A7-3). "

He clarified later in the comments below. This is the translation on TLS.
https://thelifestream.net/lifestream-projects/translations/340/crisis-core-ultimania-scenario-qa/

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
While I don't think remake is a sequel to DoC, there are lots of people who think that's the case. If true, we could very well get follow up to that Genesis/Weiss scene.

Then I'd ask how a story which takes place 3 years in the future can simultaneously happen and resolve itself 3 years in the past, in a story that omits them entirely and is wholly unrelated. :monster:

It's like expecting a better resolution for the movie Rise of Skywalker in The Book of Boba Fett series. That just doesn't make sense.

jeangl123

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Jean
Naora, in the producer interview for the CC ultimania, does mention that he would like to see what happened to Genesis. They can't resolve it now in the same way since the story is not in the same timeframe as DoC. We'll probably see Genesis again anyway though.

LNK

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Nate
Then I'd ask how a story which takes place 3 years in the future can simultaneously happen and resolve itself 3 years in the past, in a story that omits them entirely and is wholly unrelated. :monster:

It's like expecting a better resolution for the movie Rise of Skywalker in The Book of Boba Fett series. That just doesn't make sense.

To be fair, we have already seen a Sephiroth from the future, in Remake. It's not out of the realm of possibility for them to do the same with Genesis. Would it make things confusing? Yes, but I'm not ruling out, something like that happening.

To be clear, I wouldn't want this to be the case

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
Right, Sephiroth. The main antagonist of all of FFVII. I'd expect FFVII(R) to be mostly centered on Cloud, the main hero and Sephiroth, the villain of FFVII. Not the tertiary prototype who's relevance has already passed and is currently asleep beneath Midgar as stated in all previous works.

Genesis more than likely will cameo in some form in the future, just like Weiss did. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised at all if he too was a secret boss that could be fought in Shinra cyberspace, or if the Singularity space is revisited and instead of pulling shades of the Remnants of Sephiroth, we face off against a Shade of G. Whisper Gignesthai or something.

LNK

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Nate
My hope is we see him sealed away. I like Genesis, but I don't need to see a whole lot of him. I wouldn't mind the 2nd scenario though

Roundhouse

Pro Adventurer
What "mysteries?"

There isn't a mystery except the unrealized writing of something involving the characters post DC that was clearly never made for over 16 years.

I'm just using the same term as you had in your translation:

'The true nature of the intention behind G’s actions in this movie are shrouded in mystery. Although some of the mystery have been explained away by CC, there are also many portions yet to be revealed. (See page 546)'

We also (unless I'm wrong?) have no official source for whether this mystery would be cleared up via projects that never materialised, or if it will actually be in remake itself.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
More like Genesis's intentions, then.

No, there is no official source for "whether this mystery would be cleared up" other than the fact it still remains, was never acknowledged again since that interview, and unless the Remake is going to somehow inexplicably shoehorn Genesis into a story he's been already written out of in his own centered work, I don't see how that would be a reasonable likelihood.

That plot thread obviously wasn't that important before, given it was never acknowledged since or revisited elsewhere. So I don't see why 16 years later that unknitted plot-sweater would suddenly become the center garment of a wardrobe, wholly unrelated to it. Again, it's like expecting "Rise of Skywalker" to be revisited or mentioned in "Book of Boba Fett" or "The Mandalorian." These are separate stories, separated by continuity, character focus and overall scope. It's FFVII, not the 3 years post-FFVII. I don't know if we'll ever get a full scale RPG/main game for FFVII's Compilation post-DC, especially since we got the Remake instead as that full-scale project. I sincerely doubt that the writers would double-up on the FVII universe with two large scale projects like that.

LNK

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Nate
Wasn't there a post recently on here, that showed Nojima or Kitase said they wanted to continue doing ff7 stuff post Remake?

I wouldn't be surprised if there was some sort of conclusion to that post game scene, if this is the case.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
There was an interview Kitase did that stated he would want to remake FFVII *again* after this one, but I'm pretty positive he was kidding, given the question, answer and laughter accompanying it :monster:

LNK

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Nate
Oh ok, that was the one I was thinking of. I thought he was kidding as well. Who knows though. I'll believe them if I die before playing a ff7 ReRemake smh.

Roundhouse

Pro Adventurer
63bpuc.jpg

Top Bottom