SPOILERS Predictions for Part 2? (*Open Spoilers for Part 1*)

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Yeah I think the logs said exactly what Sephiroth reported. That he was 'produced' as part of the Jenova Project, without any particulars of parentage.

But before he read that stuff, he was clearly told his mother was a woman named Jenova who died in childbirth. I don't think we know who he was told was his father. Maybe he wasn't told anyone, but it's odd to think he wouldn't have asked.

Roundhouse

Pro Adventurer
20161009164937_1.jpg

Jessie Rito

Useless Lesbian
Yeah I think the logs said exactly what Sephiroth reported. That he was 'produced' as part of the Jenova Project, without any particulars of parentage.

But before he read that stuff, he was clearly told his mother was a woman named Jenova who died in childbirth. I don't think we know who he was told was his father. Maybe he wasn't told anyone, but it's odd to think he wouldn't have asked.
Maybe he did when he was younger but never got a clear answer so he eventually gave up

cold_spirit

he/him
AKA
Alex T
The fact that Sephiroth has a prolonged chuckle to himself on the very topic of his father when entering Nibelheim in both the original game and Crisis Core has always implied to me that he knows exactly who his father is. I can't think of any other reason for him to laugh to himself like that. If he didn't know, he would just say so. However, he has someone in mind and the very idea of that person being his father is a trip for him. He knows, but I doubt Sephiroth had any desire to confront Hojo about it while at Shinra.

Last edited:

Jessie Rito

Useless Lesbian
The fact that Sephiroth has a prolonged chuckle to himself on the very topic of his father when entering Nibelheim in both the original game and Crisis Core has always implied to me that he knows exactly who his father is. I can't think of any other reason for him to laugh to himself like that. He even changes the topic immediately afterwards. If he didn't know, he would just say so. However, he clearly has someone in mind and the very idea of that person being his father is a trip for him. He knows, but I doubt he had any desire to confront Hojo about it.
If hojo was my father i for sure wouldn't want that too. I doubt anyone would lol

LNK

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Nate
I wonder how that dynamic will get handled. We know that there is a future Sephiroth in Remake. Will that one confront Hojo at all? What about Lucrecia? In OG, all her scenes with Vincent are optional. If still optional, hopefully there will be some sort of arc with Vincent, her, Sephiroth and Hojo, in a DLC

Kain424

Old Man in the Room
I think the more interesting aspect of this is how Vincent is implied to have believed he was Sephiroth's father.
Vincent paternity test.png

Roundhouse

Pro Adventurer
Poor Vincent is the world's worst Turk. Gets bullied and shot down by a scientist, experimented on for fun, finally confronts Hojo years later and Hojo basically ignores him.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
Yes we do, that was clarified when the first FFVII-R Ultimania came out over a year and a half ago.

This was translated and even typeset.

734 - FFVII Remake Ultimania.png

"Among these, the true identity of the Sephiroth who appears at the end of this title (i.e. the fourth category) cannot be guessed even by those who have knowledge of the original game."

That's not the same Sephiroth as the real one who resides in the Northern Crater, beckoning Jenova and the copies to him so he can regenerate and obtain the Black Materia. This is another Sephiroth. And obviously, since the "Edge of Creation" is the future where the Planet is 7 seconds from reaching it's final demise, it only makes sense to call him a "Sephiroth from the future."

Last edited:

LNK

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Nate
Yes we do, that was clarified when the first FFVII-R Ultimania came out over a year and a half ago.

This was translated and even typeset.

View attachment 12018

"Among these, the Sephiroth who appears at the end of this title (i.e. the fourth category) cannot be guessed even by those who have knowledge of the original game."

That's not the same Sephiroth as the real one who resides in the Northern Crater, beckoning Jenova and the copies to him so he can regenerate and obtain the Black Materia. This is another Sephiroth. And obviously, since the "Edge of Creation" is the future where the Planet is 7 seconds from reaching it's final demise, it only makes sense to call him a "Sephiroth from the future."

I do wonder what'll happen once we do see the Sephiroth that has been sleeping at Northern Crater.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
What does that mean? Why differentiate them all of they're not different? The "Black Cloaked" man ones are doing all the things Sephiroth was doing in the original game. While the ???? one is clearly working on it's own separate goal. One that makes the most sense if he's from post-AC. At least some of the "Illusion" appearances are the same as the ???? one, though, I think. (For instance, trying to delay Cloud in Sector 8, preventing his meeting up with Aerith, but the Whispers held her there so that they still would.)

OWA-2

Pro Adventurer
What does that mean? Why differentiate them all of they're not different? The "Black Cloaked" man ones are doing all the things Sephiroth was doing in the original game. While the ???? one is clearly working on it's own separate goal. One that makes the most sense if he's from post-AC. At least some of the "Illusion" appearances are the same as the ???? one, though, I think. (For instance, trying to delay Cloud in Sector 8, preventing his meeting up with Aerith, but the Whispers held her there so that they still would.)

What separate goal? What does he want to do, that the other 'Sephiroths' don't? Did one of 'them' tell you 'their' goals? No. 'They' didn't. In fact, everything we are doing here is especulating. So please, let's stop pretending our speculation is a confirmed fact.

Different manifestations of Sephiroth =/= different Sephiroths. Or do you actually think there are 4 different Sephiroths walking around?

ForceStealer

Double Growth
I think there are 2. Obviously flashback Sephiroth is not separate. But the Sephiroth clones taking his appearance are one: the "present" Sephrioth doing what he always did, and the Illusions and ??? are future doing different stuff/changing fate.

What separate goal? What does he want to do, that the other 'Sephiroths' don't? Did one of 'them' tell you 'their' goals? No. 'They' didn't.

OWA-2

Pro Adventurer
I think there are 2. Obviously flashback Sephiroth is not separate. But the Sephiroth clones taking his appearance are one: the "present" Sephrioth doing what he always did, and the Illusions and ??? are future doing different stuff/changing fate.

Exactly. You think. You suspect. But you don't know. Again: It's not confirmed.

Yeah, but do you know what that means? What that entails?
Maybe Sephiroth's goal changed/expanded in the Remake. Maybe he will summon Meteor now for a different reason. We, don't, know.

All we know for sure, is that Sephiroth seems to have future knowledge, that his character is presented in 4 different ways in the story(one of them being a mistery), and that he is able to access the "end of the world"(Edge of Creation). That's it. These are the confirmed facts. Nothing else.

Last edited:

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Or do you actually think there are 4 different Sephiroths walking around?
I think there are 2.

I was responding to this sentence.

"The true identity of the Sephiroth who appears at the end of this title (i.e. the fourth category) cannot be guessed even by those who have knowledge of the original game."

How does that read as anything other than there being more than one?

Phantasia

Pro Adventurer
All we know for sure, is that Sephiroth seems to have future knowledge, that his character is presented in 4 different ways in the story(one of them being a mistery), and that he is able to access the "end of the world"(Edge of Creation). That's it. These are the confirmed facts. Nothing else.

Agree. What I gather from that ultimania page is:

"Who is the Sephiroth that appears at the end?"

"Buy part two to find out."

Top Bottom